AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-11, 14:57   Link #1141
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
It wasn't sarcastic.
Ah sorry that wasnt aimed at you but xizro- I forgot to say that, my bad.
Old 2014-01-12, 15:48   Link #1142
Casshern

Ah, ok np Tbh I hope Takeuchi will have a big influence on this. I wish she could be involved on a level like Hideaki Anno in remaking Eva.
Old 2014-01-12, 16:09   Link #1143
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
I wish she could be involved on a level like Hideaki Anno in remaking Eva.
That's practically impossible, because Anno's influence on Rebuild is absolute. He wrote the screenplay, is chief director, executive producer and animation is done by his own studio.
Old 2014-01-12, 23:49   Link #1144
Casshern

Yes, I know. I just wanted to see how Sailormoon as a concept had crystallized in Naoko's imagination after so many years since the story was completed; something like her ultimate vision for Sailormoon.

I think Anno is doing a great job with Eva. Certain things that were presented somewhat ambiguously in the series are presented more straightforwardly in Rebuild, and the story is expanded and allowed the characters to develop in ways that were only hinted at in the series. I had hoped for this kind of remake in Sailormoon when I heard about it.
Old 2014-01-12, 23:57   Link #1145
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Ah, ok np Tbh I hope Takeuchi will have a big influence on this. I wish she could be involved on a level like Hideaki Anno in remaking Eva.

Something I hope never happens.
But on a more practical level, the head writer being the Suite Precure writer does raise a few concerns, as Suite's story was a mess, and not because it was aimed at children, but due to certain questionable choices taken (among others, revealing the final villain too late in the show, making a character - Anko / Muse - relevant after basically never showing her for 30+ episodes, etc.). But who knows if in this case things will be different.
Old 2014-01-13, 08:17   Link #1146
smilewolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I wonder what modern touches the series will have. The most obvious is that everybody will have cellphones (android most likely) and dvd/bluray players in their homes. The other great change is that japan's economy is past its apex.
instead of "Sailor V Kick!" it will be "Sailor V Twerk!"
Old 2014-01-13, 10:29   Link #1147
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Something I hope never happens.
But on a more practical level, the head writer being the Suite Precure writer does raise a few concerns, as Suite's story was a mess, and not because it was aimed at children, but due to certain questionable choices taken (among others, revealing the final villain too late in the show, making a character - Anko / Muse - relevant after basically never showing her for 30+ episodes, etc.). But who knows if in this case things will be different.
Kobayashi Yuji was not THE Suite Precure writer, every show in SHT block usually employs multiple people writing with a lead showrunner with only some seasons being exceptions and written entirely by one person (like Urobuchi Gen writing the entire Kamen Rider Gaim). He also worked on Gekiranger, Garo and Space Sheriff Gavan Movie. Can't say I have strong feelings towards his output either way.
Old 2014-01-13, 14:29   Link #1148
xizro345
King's Justice

Well, for me, the Gavan movie means another bad example. I found it pretty bad. But again, I assume there will be some sort of creative restriction in this case, so it may also be decent/good.
Old 2014-01-17, 07:31   Link #1149
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Well, these covers are mostly good. TommyHeavenly6 were a surprise best track for me.
Momoiro Clover aren't doing too bad and in fact I kind of regret this Moonlight Densetsu is just a cover and isn't going to be in SM14.
Old 2014-01-17, 08:22   Link #1150
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

This was surprisingly nice and quite nostalgic, I liked it. Almost didn't recognise Otome no Policy, but I like Etsuko Yakushimaru and she sounds good here too. That one probably stood out the most to me on a first listen because it's just so different.
Old 2014-01-17, 16:36   Link #1151
Jun pls

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, I'm hit by a nostalgic flash. Dem childhood memories~ ;v;
Loved the preview!
I especially loved tracks 1, 5, 6 and 9 (too many feelings to remember all the title's names) awwww.
Now I'm even more hooked for the new anime ♥
Old 2014-01-18, 03:34   Link #1152
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

TommyHeavenly6's cover of La Soldier... Wow... So good. O_O

And God, all the nostalgia... *sobs*
Old 2014-01-18, 07:37   Link #1153
T-6000

This definitely does bring back memories of the early 2000s when I would look up the original Japanese version of the Anime online, and run into these old songs. I wonder if some of these songs will sneak into the new series, in one form or another?
Old 2014-01-18, 17:18   Link #1154
Horse

Gotta say I'm quite surprised by your positive responses to those samples. All I could do was facepalm on that video. Half the performers sound like they were dying during recording, while arrange-wise most are just totally uninteresting/lame takes on the originals.

And then there's Horie going from "Golden Queen Galaxia" awesomeness to such "Sailor Star Song" mediocrity... Wow...

The only tracks I was okay with were Ai no senshi (I googled the guy and hory shit - The 80s! I'm kind of a fan now) and Rashiku (just perfectly fine).

Last edited by Horse; 2014-01-31 at 04:36. Reason: nevermind. this Ai no senshi sucks donkey balls.
Old 2014-01-20, 03:35   Link #1155
Casshern

I don't want to sound like a negative nancy. I liked the covers but almost none of them were worthy of the originals imo. It's like they wanted to modernize all the songs, applied a generic contemporary sound over them, and they came out sounding weaker.

Heart Moving is the bgm that plays at the end of episode 45. It's one of the most special scenes in the whole series. I didn't like how they made it sound like a dance remix. I did like the power metal version of La Soldier more than the original though.
Old 2014-01-21, 13:55   Link #1156
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Heart Moving is the bgm that plays at the end of episode 45.
Isn't Hear Moving the first ED of season 1? I didn't know there was a bgm based on it.
Old 2014-01-22, 00:17   Link #1157
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Isn't Hear Moving the first ED of season 1? I didn't know there was a bgm based on it.
Yeah it was, and there was a BGM based on it.
Old 2014-01-22, 05:30   Link #1158
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Almost didn't recognise Otome no Policy
Same here, Otome no Policy was the biggest departure stylistically from the original material. The new version's nice in and of itself, but it's a very different thing from the 1993 version.

Slightly off-topic, but what episode did song number 6 air in? I'd completely forgotten about that insert song - I just watched Sailor Moon once, the summer of 2006 - but now I remember loving it. It's from where the Sailor Senshi fight against the enemies in that one junkyard (I think it's a junkyard anyway. Vague memories...) towards the middle of Sailor Moon R.
Old 2014-01-22, 06:08   Link #1159
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Slightly off-topic, but what episode did song number 6 air in? I'd completely forgotten about that insert song - I just watched Sailor Moon once, the summer of 2006 - but now I remember loving it. It's from where the Sailor Senshi fight against the enemies in that one junkyard (I think it's a junkyard anyway. Vague memories...) towards the middle of Sailor Moon R.
I think it's episode 68, "Chibiusa wo mamore! Jū senshi no daigekisen."

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-01-22 at 06:20.
Old 2014-01-22, 23:14   Link #1160
Dr. Casey

That's the one, thank you Kazu. The song doesn't have quite the same impact outside the context of actually watching through the series (as I was doing the last time I heard the song in 2006), but it's still a cool little battle theme. I'd forgotten that Chibi-Usa came across as a bratty little goblin during much of Sailor Moon R, she's been eternalized in my mind as her mature and inoffensive SuperS self, I guess since that's more or less the last we saw of her.

What's song number 5 in that playlist? I don't recognize it.
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo