AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-28, 18:53   Link #2481
Joyce_Steele
Banned

I don't hate Kimi to Boku but I have no idea how it can be extremely popular except for two reasons: It came at the right time and aimed towards right audiences. Other than being an all-male slice-of-life show it has nothing to offer. In comparison to other SoL shows especially made for male audiences like K-On!, Lucky Star, Hidamari Sketch, Nichijou and more recently Love Lab. K-On! have music(despite having too few of it), Lucky Star have otaku references, Hidamari Sketch have art. My main problem with Kimi to Boku is not what it have but rather what it lacked of in comparison with other shows I mentioned.

It is really unfair because Kimi to Boku wasn't made for the same audiences as those shows I mentioned but I don't accept that as an excuse. In summary I don't hate the show and I can see it's potential but only wasting it to pander some certain viewers instead.
Old 2013-07-28, 18:58   Link #2482
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Kimi to Boku is extremely popular? I know it generated some discussion, but not a whole lot. I recall it selling Ok, but nothing to write home about (although my memory might be failing me there, admittedly).

In any way, I more or less agree with your take on the show, Joyce.
Old 2013-07-29, 10:39   Link #2483
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

You know what show I can't get into? Bakemonogatari.

I tried and tried to get into it, but I stall at Mayoi's story for some reason. Yet, I liked Nise(despite the incest-yay), Neko(Tsubasa is my favorite of the girls) and so far, Mono is okay....

Same thing with Fate/Stay Night.

I LOVE Fate/Zero and the movie was okay(then again, I like Rin/Archer)but I HATE F/S....especially Shiro.
Old 2013-07-29, 23:42   Link #2484
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Same thing with Fate/Stay Night.

I LOVE Fate/Zero and the movie was okay(then again, I like Rin/Archer)but I HATE F/S....especially Shiro.
Then this might be bad news or good news to you, depending on your stance:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-night-project

The old F/SN was made by DEEN. But now something F/SN related will be produced by ufotable, the studio that made F/Z.
Old 2013-07-30, 03:23   Link #2485
Eragon
Still Alive

As long as it does not involve Shiro, in any way, shape or form, I'm cool with it. Then again I'm grasping at straws since the title mentions F S/N. Oh well, I absolutely adore Saber but, I won't tolerate that idiotic noob at any cost. The fact that he drags down the entire cast to his level is just a hideous bonus.
Old 2013-07-30, 03:29   Link #2486
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Rumors suggest it is Heaven's Feel.
Old 2013-07-30, 03:43   Link #2487
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
You know what show I can't get into? Bakemonogatari.

I tried and tried to get into it, but I stall at Mayoi's story for some reason. Yet, I liked Nise(despite the incest-yay), Neko(Tsubasa is my favorite of the girls) and so far, Mono is okay....
I can't into Mono myself... Maybe I just missed Araragi kun.... I like fanservice... but something's lacking....
Old 2013-07-30, 12:04   Link #2488
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I know I'm probably going to be on every AS user hate list for this, but none the less, I personally couldn't bring myself to finish the IdolMaster. I watched up to episode 10 and just stopped because for some reason I just couldn't connect with the characters and they seemed sort of bland and generic. The music was good and catchy admittingly, but the array of character cast just pretty much puts me sleep.

Can somebody please tell me if it's worth continuing or not because I don't understand how people enjoyed it, while I can't get into it in any shape or form. I might pick it up again just for the sake of finishing it due to my code of "finish what you start", and who knows I might like it, but for now it's just a snooze fest I just can't get into.
Old 2013-07-30, 15:23   Link #2489
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
As long as it does not involve Shiro, in any way, shape or form, I'm cool with it. Then again I'm grasping at straws since the title mentions F S/N. Oh well, I absolutely adore Saber but, I won't tolerate that idiotic noob at any cost. The fact that he drags down the entire cast to his level is just a hideous bonus.
I wouldn't be so sure. Personally I view DEEN as the studio of absolute failure. I mean they even completely failed the Umineko no naku koro ni adaption (a grudge I won't forgive so easily...). It's no surprise that they failed with F/SN as well...

I actually agree with you. I watched the first few episodes of F/SN and now I absolutely can't stand the whole franchise anymore. I couldn't even start watching F/Z because of that, so it is almost as if I don't even know that this franchise exists.

However if there will be a remake by some other studio, then I may change my mind and give it another chance, even with Shiro. And if they take another "route" then it technically isn't a remake, but a reboot instead.
Old 2013-07-30, 15:30   Link #2490
takai
Easy Muffin

One Piece. It's just so awful. So, so awful.
Old 2013-07-30, 17:18   Link #2491
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Then this might be bad news or good news to you, depending on your stance:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-night-project

The old F/SN was made by DEEN. But now something F/SN related will be produced by ufotable, the studio that made F/Z.
Oh, I already knew about that. If it's a different route as everyone says it might be, that's fine. I actually like everyone in the cast.....except Shiro.

I haven't watched the spinoff with Illya yet. Is that good?

Quote:
I can't into Mono myself... Maybe I just missed Araragi kun.... I like fanservice... but something's lacking...
I think I've been liking it so far, since it's Tsubasa that's the focus at the moment. She doesn't seem flat out weird as Senjou nor do I get the icks like I do when the Fire Sisters show up giving boyfriend advice.

I like Shinobu too, though I could do without the lolicon nonsense.
Old 2013-07-31, 17:38   Link #2492
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Shiro isn't even that bad, DEEN just makes him awful and pathetic. He is a lot better in the VN.
Old 2013-07-31, 21:28   Link #2493
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Shiro isn't even that bad, DEEN just makes him awful and pathetic. He is a lot better in the VN.
This seals the deal... if it is a F/SN remake that will be produced, then maybe I do get invested into that franchise after all... at least I give it another try. Is it better to start with F/Z since it is a prequel? Or does starting with F/SN (IF a remake will be released) make, for some reason, more sense?
Old 2013-07-31, 21:52   Link #2494
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder...if they do a remake...would it be considered a sequel to Fate/Zero, rather than F/Z being the prequel to F/SN?
Old 2013-07-31, 22:14   Link #2495
Eragon
Still Alive

Watch F/Z. Apart from knowing certain events beforehand, I don't see any benefit in watching F S/N first.

Oh, and Shiro is still that despicable in the VN - alright, only from my perspective. I have had the VN sit on my hard disk for 4 months now. I played the prologue chapter but, the moment we are in Shiro's role I had to drop it. You do not start throwing sexist remarks at Saber and get away with it (I'm alluding to his remark that Saber (as a girl) should not be fighting - even though she saved his sorry ass just 5 min ago)
His overall obsession with treating her like brittle glass just drives me up the wall.
Old 2013-08-01, 00:13   Link #2496
Joyce_Steele
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Kimi to Boku is extremely popular? I know it generated some discussion, but not a whole lot. I recall it selling Ok, but nothing to write home about (although my memory might be failing me there, admittedly).

In any way, I more or less agree with your take on the show, Joyce.
I know "extremely popular" isn't an accurate word to describe it but as I can remember in 2011, lots of bloggers especially female ones are thrilled when they heard an all-male slice-of-life going to be shown in that year. I also included as well maybe I just want to see what it going to offer. Unfortunately my hope was ruined to see how the final product turned out, an extremely boring slice-of-life show which had nothing to offer besides all-male important casts. No music, art, otaku jokes/references, sexuality, etc. In other words I don't hate KtB but I just find it is painfully boring. While I don't know its reception outside Japan but in its native country it is very popular and in fact it already have second season, which just the same anyway.

If I were given 2 different TV channels showing KtB and K-On! at same time solt and I rather watch K-On! instead of KtB. Yes KtB's fangirls may claimed KtB is many times better than K-On! and that can be explained with two reasons: First they are extremely fanatic to that show and second they never bring themselves to see K-On! and any other slice-of-life shows.
Old 2013-08-01, 19:02   Link #2497
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
I know I'm probably going to be on every AS user hate list for this, but none the less, I personally couldn't bring myself to finish the IdolMaster. I watched up to episode 10 and just stopped because for some reason I just couldn't connect with the characters and they seemed sort of bland and generic. The music was good and catchy admittingly, but the array of character cast just pretty much puts me sleep.
I largely agree with this. I think that IdolMaster's main weakness is that there's just too many major characters, with little role differentiation between them. IdolMaster has flashes of brilliance, and some nice bits of character development, but it feels very uneven and scattered about due to how its juggling a 15-member main cast. It doesn't help that almost all of them are pop idols, and start out like that.

Love Live!'s 9-member main cast, with each member starting out with very different roles, lends itself much better to tight narrative strength and steady character focus and development, imo.
Old 2013-08-01, 21:08   Link #2498
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_Steele View Post
If I were given 2 different TV channels showing KtB and K-On! at same time solt and I rather watch K-On! instead of KtB. Yes KtB's fangirls may claimed KtB is many times better than K-On! and that can be explained with two reasons: First they are extremely fanatic to that show and second they never bring themselves to see K-On! and any other slice-of-life shows.
Heh, I quite like Kimi to Boku, and, yes, I can't bring myself to watch K-On! (I tried about 4 to 5 episodes before I quit, and whenever I'm seeing a clip on youtube, I'm glad I quit). But I quite like slice of life: I loved A Channel. Last seaon's Yuyushiki was great. And so on.

Tastes can really differ.

(As for the animesuki feedback on Kimi to Boku, what I remember is mostly boys being disappointed that the cast isn't manly enough, and a not-so-vocal minority occasionally getting annoyed by that.)
Old 2013-08-01, 21:30   Link #2499
Crashmaking Zoomatic
Umu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Oh, and Shiro is still that despicable in the VN - alright, only from my perspective. I have had the VN sit on my hard disk for 4 months now. I played the prologue chapter but, the moment we are in Shiro's role I had to drop it. You do not start throwing sexist remarks at Saber and get away with it (I'm alluding to his remark that Saber (as a girl) should not be fighting - even though she saved his sorry ass just 5 min ago)
His overall obsession with treating her like brittle glass just drives me up the wall.
It...gets better?
As you progress through the routes, you learn a lot more about Shirou that the anime kind of just doesn't pay any attention to, so he's honestly not that bad. His reasons go beyond 'you're a girl so you shouldn't fight!', I promise! I'd recommend trying to stomach through the rest of it!
Old 2013-08-02, 06:03   Link #2500
Eragon
Still Alive

I would have suffered that douchebag if he was an NPC. Playing as him, for me, is simply impossible. I can't tolerate him enough to get to the supposedly good parts Also, the first person dialogue style just makes it worse -_-