AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-12, 06:11   Link #321
EroKing

Old 2014-01-12, 06:11   Link #322
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

That was a really good first episode. I really liked the characters/animation/premise. I can't wait to see more episodes of this. I'm definitely following this, this season.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 06:39   Link #323
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, like many others have said, the manga itself was pretty generic and desperately needs some "oomph" to it. So when I heard that SHAFT's adapting it, I feel somewhat like this:

And the result does not disappoint (so far). Let's see how SHAFT keep up the good work for the rest of the episodes.
Old 2014-01-12, 06:44   Link #324
Sacredus

I'm not watching it, but someone send me this: "Zyjacya" in love < It's should be "Zawsze". At least try to translate this correctly :P
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 11:24   Link #325
Asada Shino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
I'm not watching it, but someone send me this: "Zyjacya" in love < It's should be "Zawsze". At least try to translate this correctly :P
Lol when I saw zyjacya I also thought? what's that (Since I also knew that Zawsze was the term used in the manga that's why I've just speculated it to a random word used by subber with the same meaning at first )

Anyway Shaft-ing the adaptation isn't bad at all, but I think some scenes were seems to not be fitted, anyway I liked the zetsubou-sensei liked head rotation there
Asada Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 11:46   Link #326
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetic Shampoo View Post
No, i don't. It seems to me the main focus is primarily comedy, with romance there but on the sidelines. Just because there's a certain word in its title and tags doesn't make it all it is.
I agree with you. Nisekoi is a slice of life comedy first and foremost, the romance is only secondary. It's basically To Love-ru without the fanservice. The series becomes a lot more enjoyable when you look at this way. A lot of people ended up frustrated with this series because they had the wrong idea about it.
Old 2014-01-12, 11:52   Link #327
cyth
Banned

That pretty much sucks. I hope however they Shaft the series, that it becomes more romance-focused.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 12:02   Link #328
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I agree with you. Nisekoi is a slice of life comedy first and foremost, the romance is only secondary. It's basically To Love-ru without the fanservice. The series becomes a lot more enjoyable when you look at this way. A lot of people ended up frustrated with this series because they had the wrong idea about it.
The wrong idea?

It very much started out as a romance, it's only as the series progressed and that there was a need to milk it for as long as possible since it was popular that the romance took a backseat.

Count me in as hoping the anime does its own thing with the same premise.
Old 2014-01-12, 12:15   Link #329
Asada Shino

Agree with Totoum also that Nisekoi started already in a theme of romance, but the serialization of the manga made a different path that it became focused with the comedic part.

So in my opinion...

Random chapters/fillers focused more on comedy
Main storyline focused more on romance with a mix of comedy.
Asada Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 12:36   Link #330
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
The wrong idea?

It very much started out as a romance, it's only as the series progressed and that there was a need to milk it for as long as possible since it was popular that the romance took a backseat.

Count me in as hoping the anime does its own thing with the same premise.
There was more romance early on (to establish the setting and hook people) but the massive amount of comedy already hinted at what kind of series it truly was. It's the slice of life aspect that only appeared later. I knew from the start I shouldn't expect too much out of the romance, but that still didn't stop me from getting mad at the most stupid "twists" as everybody else did so it's not like I don't understand why people were disappointed. I was fooled, too.

I don't think the anime is going to differ too much from the manga, but we'll see. For now, I'm watching for the comedy. If they add more romance, great! If not, then I'll just get exactly what I expected so no real disappointment this time. It won't fool me twice.
Old 2014-01-12, 13:08   Link #331
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I have always said that if To Love Ru is to Urusei Yatsura, then Nisekoi is to Love Hina.

It's been a while since I last read it, but IIRC Love Hina before it only really focused on the romance in like the last 2-3 volumes of the series. Before that it was comedic hijinks about the daily lives of the characters, with just a touch of romance on the side. But even Love Hina started strong on the romance front until it took a backseat to the comedy.

I expect nothing more and nothing less of Nisekoi, either it be the manga or the anime. At least the manga actually has time progression so it's slowly building up to the end, but I don't expect it to be romance heavy until the third year of HS at the earliest. The anime would be lucky to even make it out of the first year, so those expecting this to be like, say, White Album 2, they need to look at another show.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 13:20   Link #332
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
The anime would be lucky to even make it out of the first year, so those expecting this to be like, say, White Album 2, they need to look at another show.
I don’t think anyone here (manga reader & anime-only watcher alike) is expecting this to be like White Album 2 after watching the 1st ep. It's already 99.9% cliche that it’s hard for anyone to expect more from this series (except maybe for the comedy & SHAFT-ness).
Old 2014-01-12, 13:50   Link #333
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah, to be honest I thought the first episode was pretty damn generic. Even the shaft art doesn't do it for me, since I just feel like it's a waste. I mean what's the point of the Shaft art style really? In other Shaft shows, the weird abnormal art suits the weird abnormal story. But here the story is so generic that the art doesn't really mesh well, at least not for me. Well at the very least I didn't find anything particularly wrong with the show and the comedy was somewhat funny, so I might as well give it a few more episodes.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 14:13   Link #334
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Well done SHAFT. I enjoyed the the 1st episode. everything was generic but i hope SHAFT put some twists and twirls to make it more interesting
Old 2014-01-12, 16:33   Link #335
DorkingtonPugsly

Some don't like Shaft animation, some like the story. I love shaft animation but kinda meh on the story (as a manga reader). But it balances out pretty well. It's fun to watch. So I'm sticking with it. I do wana see how they adapt everything.

Op's good too, thought it was gona be a boring generic claris tune (they have good ones but a lot end up just sounding the same) but the verse parts nice.
Old 2014-01-12, 16:56   Link #336
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don’t think anyone here (manga reader & anime-only watcher alike) is expecting this to be like White Album 2 after watching the 1st ep. It's already 99.9% cliche that it’s hard for anyone to expect more from this series (except maybe for the comedy & SHAFT-ness).
Then how come so many posts wanting for a more serious romance in the show? Because they ain't gonna get it, that's for sure. That is not what Nisekoi is about.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 18:25   Link #337
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Ok i didn't get it before rewatching but wth is this plothole?
He is to be considered smart and can't translate such a simple english sentence oO?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 19:29   Link #338
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
He is to be considered smart and can't translate such a simple english sentence oO?
You'd be surprised. Learning English in Japanese schools does NOT in any way translate into actual proficiency in the language.
Old 2014-01-12, 19:45   Link #339
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

The strength of the manga ver mostly relies on the characters facial expression, I hope shaft will capture that essence.

I kinda liked the shaft-ed work but not as whole, with a 2 cour I hope this will have a good closure with a certain character even though I knew this will turn out to be an original ending one.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-01-12, 19:45   Link #340
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

The series (at least from a manga reader point of view) is not really about the main plot to begin with. Yes, it's generic and, to be frank, it's safe to say it doesn't get better in that department.

Imo, what made this series survive 100+ chapters as a non-action serialization in WSJ is its hilarity (especially the facial expressions). It is arguably the one feature where the series relatively stands out and to be quite honest, SHAFT quality or not, the first episode didn't quite capture that. To be fair, it couldn't. The manga just started out plot-focused in that manner. If anything, the first episode was very true to that.

My fear is that the one (and probably only) season won't be enough to get to the point where the manga starts to shine and develop its virtues.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen jump