AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2011-02-23, 10:23   Link #981
Kamiye
Lolicon ! me ? shut up...

Send a message via MSN to Kamiye

This weird message appear when I try to open the game (I did all you tell me to do...)
When I click on "ok" the pop-up close and the game start running but the window is black, there's no sound, no pictures...
Old 2011-02-23, 10:36   Link #982
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiye View Post

This weird message appear when I try to open the game (I did all you tell me to do...)
When I click on "ok" the pop-up close and the game start running but the window is black, there's no sound, no pictures...
Something about setup is not found at the location specified (C:\KEY\CLANNAD_FV). Probably a file it needs to open is not there. I think it recommends an uninstall, and then to install again.

Polarem, have you seen this before?
Old 2011-02-23, 10:53   Link #983
Kamiye

I tried but its the same pop-up... T-T
I'm in despair
Old 2011-02-23, 11:24   Link #984
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Weird... I've never seen that before, and I couldn't produce it by messing with my folder names and registry either.

Okay Kamiye, try these:

1. Delete SAVEDATA, then run the game. Does it work?

2. If not, delete SAVEDATA again, then take Seen.txt and Gameexe.ini from your CD (from E:\SETUPDATA\GAMEDATA, where "E" is your CD drive), and put it in your installation folder (choose "copy and replace"). Run the game. Does Japanese Clannad appear?
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 11:52   Link #985
Kamiye

1. Its the same pop-up...

2.Yes the japanese Clannad appear.
Old 2011-02-23, 12:37   Link #986
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Ok, new questions:
1. What browser do you use?
2. When you saved SEENr78_FV.txt, did lots of weird characters appear on your screen? (if you saved it after you see weird characters, the file probably got corrupted)

=====
If #2 happened, try to re-download it using a right-click:

Internet Explorer: Right-click -> "Save target as..."
Firefox/Chrome: Right-click -> "Save link as..."

(make sure it's saved as a ".TXT" file, not as a ".HTM" file)

Last edited by Polarem; 2011-02-23 at 12:50.
Old 2011-02-23, 13:09   Link #987
Kamiye

1. I use Google Chrome
2. Do you talk when I open the file because if you speak of that... It means my file is corrupted...

#2 There's no pop-up, the game open, theres a black screen and... I see the cursoor/flower... Its really weird...
Old 2011-02-23, 13:35   Link #988
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Hmm... try using the files here: Link removed: see newer version (I don't want more SEENs to appear on the internet, so I'll delete this link tomorrow. EDIT: There were 5 downloads over the past half-day. Would people like regular updates?)

I'm going off now; if this still doesn't work, I'm sorry I won't be able to help you till tomorrow. Good luck!

Last edited by Polarem; 2011-03-04 at 13:29. Reason: Remove old version
Old 2011-02-24, 02:33   Link #989
Kamiye

When I use your pack the game do the same thing...

In fact... Anyone can translate for me the pop-up ? I think I got a little idea.
Old 2011-02-24, 02:54   Link #990
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

セットアップ先が見つかりませんでした。
[C:\KEY\CLANNAD_FV]
一度アンインストールしてから再度セットアップし直して下さい。

The setup destination cannot be found.
[C:\KEY\CLANNAD_FV]
Please uninstall and run the setup again.

==========================
Could someone double-check that the translation?

It's also weird that it shows "C:\KEY\CLANNAD_FV", since a Japanese locale usually shows "\" as "¥"
Old 2011-02-24, 04:07   Link #991
Jecht2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarem View Post
Would people like regular updates?
I grabbed that Seen you posted. I figured that If I notice any spelling mistakes or awkward translations, I would have a look over at the wiki and make any appropriate changes.

It makes it easier having an up to date seen file. Goodness know how many changes has been made to the wiki since the last Seen file was released on the SVN.

I would compile my own Seen file but I wouldn't know where to begin.
Jecht2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 04:44   Link #992
Kamiye

The folder name of the game is "CLANNAD", when I rename it to "CLANNAD_FV" there's no pop-up but the screen is black, so I think I'm near of the problem.
When I use the real Clannad (in japanese) and when the name is "CLANNAD_FV" the same pop-up appear but this message appear :

セットアップ先が見つかりませんでした。
[C:\KEY\CLANNAD]

So the pop-up is an folder mistakes, what can I do... The pop-up error is gone but not the black screen.
Old 2011-02-24, 04:47   Link #993
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jecht2 View Post
I grabbed that Seen you posted. I figured that If I notice any spelling mistakes or awkward translations, I would have a look over at the wiki and make any appropriate changes.

It makes it easier having an up to date seen file. Goodness know how many changes has been made to the wiki since the last Seen file was released on the SVN.

I would compile my own Seen file but I wouldn't know where to begin.
Yes, please do contribute any corrections/rephrasings that you think of. We'd appreciate all the help we can get. The SEEN.TXT I posted is over 3 weeks old though. Xcandescent is our main proofreader, and he has made lots of improvements since then (along with a few of my own).

I haven't compiled a stable, fully-playable SEEN in the past 3 weeks as I've been experimenting with the code. I hope to put finishing touches on the save/load menu and Fuko prank menu over the next few days, and put up a patch that you guys can test. Stay tuned!

Setting up RLDev for compiling SEENs is painful, even for those with experience in software development... this is because RLDev requires on an ancient version of OCaml and its libraries (add-ons). However, if you have a 32-bit Linux machine and are interested, I can teach you.
Old 2011-02-24, 05:50   Link #994
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
The folder name of the game is "CLANNAD", when I rename it to "CLANNAD_FV" there's no pop-up but the screen is black, so I think I'm near of the problem.
When I use the real Clannad (in japanese) and when the name is "CLANNAD_FV" the same pop-up appear but this message appear :

セットアップ先が見つかりませんでした。
[C:\KEY\CLANNAD]

So the pop-up is an folder mistakes, what can I do... The pop-up error is gone but not the black screen.
Good job with figuring out the error source. For some reason, Clannad is looking in the wrong folder...

I have one last idea. Open the Japanese Clannad, and take a screenshot of the title menu (the one with "New Game", "Load", etc.). Post it here; that will tell me if I'm right or wrong.

Last edited by Polarem; 2011-02-24 at 06:05.
Old 2011-02-25, 02:04   Link #995
Kamiye

Spoiler:

Here is what you ask for. ^^

Oh, crap... It's not the full voice version but on the game jacket its written... I understand what you want to say to me... (My friend buy that with Ebay and no returns are accepted s I'm gonna take that version...) Have you got the link for the SEEN and other ?
There's an error...

Error : Interpreter detection failed. Unable to format text.

PS:Sorry for my late I was celebrate my birthday...

Last edited by Kamiye; 2011-02-25 at 02:43.
Kamiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 05:13   Link #996
Jecht2

Quote:
Setting up RLDev for compiling SEENs is painful, even for those with experience in software development... this is because RLDev requires on an ancient version of OCaml and its libraries (add-ons). However, if you have a 32-bit Linux machine and are interested, I can teach you.
I will let you know once I dig out my old XP machine once I install linux onto it. Any recommendations on a Linux distro. For a while I was using Ubuntu.
Jecht2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 07:51   Link #997
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Here is what you ask for. ^^

Oh, crap... It's not the full voice version but on the game jacket its written... I understand what you want to say to me... (My friend buy that with Ebay and no returns are accepted s I'm gonna take that version...) Have you got the link for the SEEN and other ?
There's an error...

Error : Interpreter detection failed. Unable to format text.

PS:Sorry for my late I was celebrate my birthday...
Happy birthday!

Yes, that's the source of your troubles... you have the Original version of Clannad. Sorry to hear that you and your friend got tricked on Ebay

Anyway, delete 1.5.0.4.map, since that's for the Full Voice version. The last tested patch for your version is at http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...10#post2450110. Download "Patcher (2.44MB)" under "Voice Patch: r46". It is about 1.5 years old, so it will have a lot more bad English, and some missing lines...

Keep watching this thread; I will try to post an updated patch in a few days. I don't have your version of Clannad, so I'll need your help to test it. Will you be willing to do that?
Old 2011-02-25, 07:59   Link #998
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jecht2 View Post
I will let you know once I dig out my old XP machine once I install linux onto it. Any recommendations on a Linux distro. For a while I was using Ubuntu.
Ubuntu is pretty good; I find it well-maintained and easy to use. I build my SEENs on Ubuntu 10.10. Once, I tried to set up RLDev on Ubuntu 6.06 to see if it behaves better in an old environment, but found no improvements. (I tried making it handle block comments in .utf files, but turns out it can't. Other than that, it works fine)
Old 2011-02-25, 16:18   Link #999
Kamiye

Thank you very much. ^^

Ok I can help you to test the game. ^^

Is there a menu translation for the VP version ?

And thanks a lot for helping me, the game runs perfectly !
Old 2011-02-26, 02:07   Link #1000
Xcandescent

Quote:
Ubuntu is pretty good; I find it well-maintained and easy to use. I build my SEENs on Ubuntu 10.10. Once, I tried to set up RLDev on Ubuntu 6.06 to see if it behaves better in an old environment, but found no improvements. (I tried making it handle block comments in .utf files, but turns out it can't. Other than that, it works fine)
Also: if you're running OSX, Leopard will work, but Snow Leopard won't. My assumption is that it's because XCode on Leopard makes 32-bit builds by default, whereas Snow Leopard is all 64-bit. Haven't tried it on Tiger. 32-bit BSD variants might be worth looking into as well, if you're bored.

RLdev used to be buildable on 32-bit Windows under Cygwin (since that was Haeleth's development platform), but the required version of OCaml (3.09) will not build at all under the latest Cygwin release. (To be precise, it will compile, but then immediately fail when you try to bootstrap it.) I don't know why, and I spent a week pulling my hair out troubleshooting it, before I gave up and built it on Leopard. (There is a pre-compiled Windows GUI version of OCaml 3.09 available ... but good luck figuring out how to build anything with it.)

-XCN-
Xcandescent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation