Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-10-24, 02:05   Link #7381
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
In terms of NFL comparison between the two, Bridgwater = Aaron Rodgers and Mariota = Kaep. I'd take Rodgers over Kaep every time.
You know Kaepernick has bested Aaron Rodgers twice in a row now right?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 02:08   Link #7382
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
That's the Patriots...Although the Jets play was worst because Belichick tried to skirt the rules by using a lineman to do the illegal maneuver as opposed to a linebacker (the second-level bullshit he tried to hide behind)...
LMAO you're going to cite a hold as grounds for "cheating"? Holding happens on almost every play on both sides of the ball for every team. It just depends of an official sees it and decides to call it. That's weaksauce. I guarantee I can find a hold from the same game on New Orleans that wasn't called too.

And really if you are a Saints fan, you can't complain about anything after the bounty fiasco.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 04:50   Link #7383
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Holding is one of those things you're taught to do in several sports and roll the dice to see if the refs catch you out.

I'm getting very concerned that major leg injuries are going to take the place of head injuries and that the safeguards aren't really protecting the players properly. Getting very convinced what Deion Sanders claimed is eventuating and that dangerous hits to the legs like what happened to Brian Cushing are going to become commonplace.

Carolina v Tampa Bay in about 12 hours. Finally get to see a Carolina game this year. Chance for them to have a positive record....they're an intriguing lot. As solid as Kansas City on defense but really hot and cold on offense, although Newton has put together some good performances the last few weeks. And one would suspect it will happen again considering Tampa just seem unwilling to use Revis and Goldson in man coverage enough.

News for Minnesota - Freeman has a concussion and Ponder is probably going to start...this QB merry-go-round in Minnesota is getting beyond absurd now.

Fairly light week for matchups, it seems. Only Dalls v Detroit seems to strike me as a season-defining game. Both 4-3 and need that win to stay in a division lead.
Old 2013-10-24, 12:39   Link #7384
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Carolina, please. For the love of Jake Delhomme, don't lose this game. Please, I don't care if yall lose out the rest of the season (actually, that's a lie. Don't do that). Just don't become the first loser of the season for that MRSA infested, trainwreck of a team.

Please.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 15:41   Link #7385
VTHokiePride

St. Louis called for asking if he was interesting in a comeback, but he refused. Favre watch was always enjoyable.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...orted-interest
Old 2013-10-24, 20:25   Link #7387
sky black swordman

^ I was expecting this to happen sooner or later.

NFL News: Jason Campbell will replace Brandon Weeden as starting quarterback for the Browns. So, is it safe to assume that Brandon Weeden may be released after this year?

The NFL London matchups for 2014 were today announced:

Cowboys vs. Jaguars
Lions vs. Falcons
Dolphins vs. Raiders

I can honestly say, I assumed that the team the Raiders were going to play in London next year were going to be the SF 49ers.
Old 2013-10-24, 20:50   Link #7388
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
You know Kaepernick has bested Aaron Rodgers twice in a row now right?
...this is a joke right?
Old 2013-10-24, 22:32   Link #7389
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Er....Samari is technically right...last year's playoff game and this year's Week 1?

Carolina wins 31-13. Take a bow, Dilla. Carolina is finally over .500 for the first time in 5 years! Cam Newton is finally coming of age. His decision making and demeanour have taken a turn for the better. Nice to see him resist throwing it when 2 years ago, he'd be throwing some unnecessary INTs.

Can someone find whoever was on that cannon fire in Tampa tonight? That guy began sounding that thing off for kicks in the last 3 minutes. Although if he was aiming for Schiano...I guess I can't blame him. Schiano is finished. It's only a matter of when.

Looking at Carolina's schedule...I could see them getting 9 wins this year. That just might be enough for a wildcard spot. If Cam stays level-headed and that defense stays as tight as it has been so far, it's possible.
Old 2013-10-24, 22:38   Link #7390
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Still paranoid.

And lol at the cannon guy, talk about not giving a fuck.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 22:50   Link #7391
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I wonder what you people's thoughts about the latest rumors about the Rams. Sources say that the Rams contacted Brett Farve to try and bring him back.

Source 1
Source 2
Source 3
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 03:28   Link #7392
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Commentators get stunned, Cam Newton has a shock, Steve Mariucci and a few pirates get a mega shock from separate cannonball shots

Then add every time it went into the red zone late game, the cancelled field goal and when the cannon guy tried to silence the head referee during a penalty call...

That cannon is normally a good perk but man...it got way out of hand that game...things are getting way out of hand in Tampa...
Old 2013-10-25, 16:08   Link #7393
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I like how Marshall gave no fucks lmao
Old 2013-10-25, 23:44   Link #7394
Yye1
Wide Right

Greatly amused by the fire Schiano signs that are popping up in Tampa lol

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 02:09   Link #7395
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

So what are the chances of the Bucs going 0-16? I will literally hang myself because they'll have a weaker schedule than us and thus get the first pick over us if they did.

I mean, how fucked up would it be if one of the worst teams in NFL history didn't even get the number 1 pick?
Old 2013-10-27, 02:43   Link #7396
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Tampa still faces...

Seattle, Miami, Atlanta, Detroit, Carolina, Buffalo, San Francisco, St. Louis, New Orleans.

Unless they intentionally tank, I think Tampa will win either against Atlanta in Week 11 or St. Louis in Week 16. It's not like they've never been close to winning...hell, they only lost in Week 1 to the Jets due to giving away the most pointless penalty ever. A week ago they were a TD off in Atlanta.
Old 2013-10-27, 12:53   Link #7397
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Peyton is playing with TWO sprained ankles... o_O

The fuck Dallas...the fuck.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2013-10-27 at 15:38.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 16:05   Link #7398
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Cowboys the accident waiting to happen.
Old 2013-10-27, 16:15   Link #7399
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
The fuck Dallas...the fuck.
You mean the game or when Dez Bryant almost got into a brawl with Romo? I find the latter more alarming.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 19:46   Link #7400
sky black swordman

The Raiders beat the Steelers (21-18). The Steelers were giiven many opportunities to come back in the game but they didn't capitalize on the opportunities they were given. To make matters worse, kicker Shaun Suisham (who made a game-winning 42-yard field goal to defeat the Baltimore Ravens 19-16 last week), missed two FGs (one from 34yd line and another from the 32yd line) which could have changed the outcome of the game. Raiders QB Terrelle Pryor set an NFL record for longest TD run by a QB.

Other game scores:
The Chiefs beat the Browns 23-17. (The Chiefs are now 8-0.)
The Saints beat the Bills 35-17.
The Lions beat the Cowboys 31-30.
The 49ers beat the Jaguars 42-10. (Q: How hard is it for Jaguars fans to watch these games? )
The Patriots beat the Dolphins 27-17. (The Dolphins lost despite them leading 17-3 at the end of the first half.)
The Bengals beat the Jets 49- 9. (Once again, it's time for Rex Ryan to worry about losing his job once the season ends.)
The Broncos beat the Redskins 45-12. (RGIII left the game with an knee injury. A cause for concerns?)
The Giants beat the Eagles 15-7.
The Cardinals beat the Falcons 27-13. (Yep, the Falcons are really done this year.)

Tags
american football, sports