AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-17, 23:07   Link #2941
genryu_black

finally asome good news for IS fans.
genryu_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 23:11   Link #2942
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

...Okay, Kira, Kuroi, justpassingby, I need you guys back for an emergency conference...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 23:28   Link #2943
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
...Okay, Kira, Kuroi, justpassingby, I need you guys back for an emergency conference...
Lol looks like you guys will be busy once again.
Old 2012-06-17, 23:33   Link #2944
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Lol looks like you guys will be busy once again.
Don't think I'll have time to work on this series anymore, my schedule's crammed with school time allocated, personal projects in RL, work and increased admin stuff on Baka Tsuki, which is why I've been slower in my translations. Just some instructions to them (though for Kuroi, he's really busy with work and stuff), and most likely, we'll need new translators or call for Life4Kaoru to work on the remaining parts of the series.

Anyway, we had a discussion prior to this somewhere else on this forum, so I'm not exactly surprised.
Old 2012-06-17, 23:36   Link #2945
Riki
ランダム王

well this is the weirdest LN series of 2011 since it fished in alot of translator's from nothingness.hopefully it continues working it's magic LOL
Old 2012-06-17, 23:45   Link #2946
n0m@n
C-Z

Yeah Infinite Stratos is one of the few series on Bakatsuki alongside SAO, and TAMNI which is up to date with the translation. So it will definitely be a waste for not seeing it getting translated.

Since IS is Izuru's first LN series it has some weak plot but Im looking forward to his new series more and see how it will turn out like. I hope it has similar theme to IS but with a more likeable MC lol.
Old 2012-06-17, 23:46   Link #2947
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I don't mind working on this series, but expect at least a year for a volume to be finished if I have to work on it alone (last time was around 6 months due to several hiatus lol), and I won't start until I finish that one chapter of baka to test.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 02:10   Link #2948
sky black swordman

If remember right vol 8 was going to reveal some of Chifiyu's past or something like that.
Old 2012-06-18, 05:02   Link #2949
HasuMasu
*Artist

While I'm glad to hear there's hope for this to come back, having two novels alongside eachother doesn't fill me with hope about the quality of future volumes.
Old 2012-06-18, 07:02   Link #2950
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
well this is the weirdest LN series of 2011 since it fished in alot of translator's from nothingness.hopefully it continues working it's magic LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Yeah Infinite Stratos is one of the few series on Bakatsuki alongside SAO, and TAMNI which is up to date with the translation. So it will definitely be a waste for not seeing it getting translated.
Kuroi and Kira were the ones who joined. I just tagged along

We do have Fate/Zero, Kaminomi and ToraDora (except side stories) up to date, but I did hear that Fate/Zero's being translated again by another group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I don't mind working on this series, but expect at least a year for a volume to be finished if I have to work on it alone (last time was around 6 months due to several hiatus lol), and I won't start until I finish that one chapter of baka to test.
Actually, I'm thinking of a collaboration with a manga fansub group like life4kaoru since the ex-leader Hayate was a huge fan of Cecilia (don't know about the other guys like Halios and Chance, think one of them is a Charl fan or something, guess it's Halios), but I still do have reservations over being associated with an ero-doujin fansub group . I don't think I will be coming back anyway, but since I'm the supervisor of that project (why am I saying this so proudly...), I might as well try to get translators to continue until I leave Baka-Tsuki (and anime) for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
If remember right vol 8 was going to reveal some of Chifiyu's past or something like that.
That was written in the afterwords of volume 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
While I'm glad to hear there's hope for this to come back, having two novels alongside eachother doesn't fill me with hope about the quality of future volumes.
Best way to not be disappointed is not to hope, but this is a harem series we're talking about.
Old 2012-06-18, 07:16   Link #2951
Javiersansano

Quote:
Actually, I'm thinking of a collaboration with a manga fansub group like life4kaoru since the ex-leader Hayate was a huge fan of Cecilia (don't know about the other guys like Halios and Chance, think one of them is a Charl fan or something, guess it's Halios), but I still do have reservations over being associated with an ero-doujin fansub group . I don't think I will be coming back anyway, but since I'm the supervisor of that project (why am I saying this so proudly...), I might as well try to get translators to continue until I leave Baka-Tsuki (and anime) for good.
Spoiler for really?:
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 07:32   Link #2952
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Best way to not be disappointed is not to hope, but this is a harem series we're talking about.
Man, are you kidding? This series is plots incarnate.

Oh dat plots.
Old 2012-06-18, 11:28   Link #2953
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Spoiler for really?:
Spoiler for Really:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Man, are you kidding? This series is plots incarnate.

Oh dat plots.
I'll buy a plot of hundred acre woods.

But honestly, Kodansha buying Izuru's new work is like making the series go from a LN to a Novel entirely...and Kadokawa to Kodansha...
Old 2012-06-18, 16:43   Link #2954
Xaturas

Ummm so he got kicked from previous publisher, and people were saying that he is finished as that market is hermetic.
Then someone else picked him up? Good news. I just hope that IS will get just better, who knows maybe author will expand the plot over the *tournament, Wild IS appears*.
Old 2012-06-18, 18:49   Link #2955
sky black swordman

^ I think more info the character backgrounds would be better .
But that Idea of yours is also good too.
Old 2012-06-18, 20:34   Link #2956
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Got it, commander. *while doing last minute study for tomorrow's exam*

Quote:
Kuroi and Kira were the ones who joined. I just tagged along
...and did 6/7 of the work.

Quote:
If you want help, I'll be there....during the school break. I really hope we can get some help if you ready to translate it, since I'll get 25% more work with my physics-chemistry centered program and Kuroi is busy with his job. Though for IS, I'm ready to translate daily all the non-action (a.k.a. boring school life) chapters (daily-->1 page per day though).

And Hayate isn't there anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Ummm so he got kicked from previous publisher, and people were saying that he is finished as that market is hermetic.
Then someone else picked him up? Good news. I just hope that IS will get just better, who knows maybe author will expand the plot over the *tournament, Wild IS appears*.
^I bet that it'd be *wild IS appears--> tournament* then.
Old 2012-06-18, 22:55   Link #2957
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Is writing two stories at once really the best move for him right now >.> ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 23:02   Link #2958
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Is writing two stories at once really the best move for him right now >.> ?
I guess Kimi P was to Kodansha's liking (same company), but having said that, it'll be interesting since Izuru's not Kamachi (only one who can match him now is Kawakami). I do have the impression that Kodansha's more towards a seinen group though.
Old 2012-06-19, 05:37   Link #2959
Xaturas

Quote:
I guess Kimi P was to Kodansha's liking (same company), but having said that, it'll be interesting since Izuru's not Kamachi (only one who can match him now is Kawakami). I do have the impression that Kodansha's more towards a seinen group though.
Maybe thanks to that Ichika won't be as dense as a black hole and we will get some *action* with the girls.
Old 2012-06-19, 05:47   Link #2960
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Twice the work means twice the wait.

ESPECIALLY since he's not Kamachi or Kawakami...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Maybe thanks to that Ichika won't be as dense as a black hole and we will get some *action* with the girls.
That's not what seinen means... -_-

Chances are nothing would change.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen