1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.22%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-05, 07:50   Link #221
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
nice first eps the only thing i didnt understood was the reason why saji was thrown into prison.
lol @ soma at the end of the eps
If my ears and Japanese skills are good enough, it seems:

Saji's work-mate, is either a Celestial Being or more probably the resistance associate/member. Resistance refers to the group Shirin is in, they seem to be against the Arrows/A-Laws.

Saji not knowing why the Arrows personnel are going after the guy interferes and is captured as well for being thought to be related to the guy.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 07:52   Link #222
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

It is more like a modded version of Zwei to me.

So what is Nena piloting?

Btw Shirin's "boyfriend" is named Klaus.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 07:52   Link #223
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Ah, that's quite a good reason. Celetial Being, an organisation created to end wars, needs people who hates war to begin with. I think Saji fits in as well.

And the Ahead, I think it fits Masked Man's design. The Masked Man has a Japanese Bushido style and the Ahead's shoulders look like Samurai shoulder armour.
I agree, Saji will most likely join CB, and get mindscrewed when he will face Louise

On the picture, IIRC, several Ahead variations were published in a mag, and one had a horned beetle aspect, much more fitting for Masked Man.
This one screams of Soma, given how it resembles Taozi.
Old 2008-10-05, 07:55   Link #224
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellington2612 View Post
Letīs see... so:
Spoiler for main things??:

That kind of annoys me. I guess she must be a mess to need that guy to support her.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 07:57   Link #225
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
That kind of annoys me. I guess she must be a mess to need that guy to support her.
Billy's not that bad, and it's clear he always liked Sumeragi. I'm sure he'd have looked after her.
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 07:57   Link #226
kari-no-sugata

I'm really happy with how they started this new season. No fat and lots of raw meat. Yummy.

Here's a brief summary: Kataron is a new organisation that seems to be trying to fill in for CB, and at the start we see some new Ahead's from A-Laws take out a base. The head of Kataron decides to bump up a certain mission because of this. Meanwhile, Saji's been at the mining satellite "Proud" for half a year but is still being treated by a newbie, which annoys him a bit. However, some guards are here to pick up Saji's work-mate as suspect for being with Kataron - the guy resists arrest and is shot. When Saji protests, he's immediately arrested too... and sent to work in a 5g environment (at least until the rotation is stopped later on).

At CB, Tieria gets some info (via Liumei) and suspects that if "he" (Setsuna) is still alive then he'd be going to a particular place to do something, so he decides to head out himself. And indeed, Setsuna is busy infiltrating "Proud" and notices the guards leaving due to some operation. After shooting a laggard in the back (disabling the guy's gravity assist), Setsuna interrogates him as to the plan, but the grunt only knows he was told to go on stand by. Setsuna leaves him. (As a side note, I like the 5g heavy foot-steps).

Meanwhile, Saji has a new friend among his fellow slaves, who seems to know what's going on and about to happen - Kataron turn up to rescue their comrades. However, the A-Laws predicted this and go out to kill them all... doing a little test of their automated killer robots while they're at it. This is also the first sortie for Louise, and is told to just wait on stand-by because of this (seems they care about their own at least).

Setsuna saves Saji and they recognise each other. Setsuna is kinda pissed that "nothing has changed" and remote orders Exia to come. Saji is rather curious about what Setsuna is doing here but Setsuna just tells him to keep quiet.

Outside, the A-Laws completely have the upper hand though Louise shots down one Kataron MS from long distance and is praised for her good judgement. However, mentally she is suffering badly.

Setsuna then gets into Exia and wipes out all the auto-robots and charges through the group of Aheads (taking an arm). However, the damaged Exia is no match for multiple Aheads and is saved by the arrival of Tieria. The Ahead commander guy has to drag off Louise who is suffering from a headache - and interestingly, it seems that Ribbons can see through her eyes. He comments that this is nice since she now has a reason to fight.

Back on the satellite, Saji grabs Setsuna's gun and demands to know if Setsuna had always been in CB and had taken part in armed interventions. Setsuna confirms this. Saji starts crying about all the killing the Gundams / CB have done - what they did to "the girl he loved" and his only family, his sister. However, he doesn't shoot.

Back on the Ptolemaios II, Feldt seems happy that Setsuna is alive and they all suspect Setsuna will be surprised that Lasse is still alive. Ian is looking forwards to getting Exia's GN Drive for the 00.

Back on earth, Soma and Sergei's domestic live (has Sergei retired?) is interrupted by the arrival of his son, who has come to take Soma to work for A-Laws. Sergei didn't even know that his son was with A-Laws either... and Soma didn't know that Sergei had a son.

On the Ptolemaios, Tieria is almost criticising Saji for not shooting. Saji says if he became a killer than he'd be no worse than them. Tieria tells Saji it would be better for him to see for himself - to wake up and see the world for what it is.

Setsuna is now down on Earth again and has called out Lyle Dylandy, who he knows is working for Kataron. Setsuna introduces himself and says he's from CB and invites Lyle to join them as Lockon Stratos.

Well, that's about enough for now. Very busy episode with a number of little time skips. Interestingly, Saji doesn't seem to appear in the OP, making it unclear where his destiny lies. Also, Louise seems to be shown a bit close to Sergei's son. Hmm. BTW, it almost seems like Louise was forced to join A-Laws or something. She doesn't seem terribly motivated. Seems highly likely she's been tampered with - some kind of cybernetics or nanomachines inside her I bet.

Anyway, time to watch 1080p version. Yummy.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 07:59   Link #227
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
Thanks for the run-through.
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 08:00   Link #228
TrueKnight

Dang, one hell intense and action packed 1st ep. Lol Setsuna getting pawned. Seems like he's only godly when he's in a Gundam or a suit around 2 or 3 generations ahead. The MS fights are awesome btw.

Livonze can see through Louise's eyes. Sergei lived a peaceful and quite life with Soma (adopted daughter?) until being called of duty again by none other than his son! Seems like he never told Soma about it. Lyle replacing Lockon as suspected and Allelujah imprisoned on some remote Alcatraz. Gra-.. I mean the Masked Man looked badass with his Oni/Gundam mask.

Man what a way to start a new season, 10/10. The new OP is great as well in the end showing Setsuna in 00 fighting the Masked Man in a new suit.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 08:03   Link #229
Galerian

That was awesome!

Season 1 was a mere prologue to the epicness foreshadowed in this episode! The sheer number of new factions plus the old conflicts will turn this series into a machiavellian king-of-the-hill of immense proportions. I was planning to sum up all the conflicts to prove my point; but realized that would probably claim hours of my precious time. I love it.

I'm especially interested in the Soma and Sergei and their different uniforms (see theis episodes op/ed). I assume at some point the Federation will try to reign in A-Head resulting in the glorious drama and massive fleet battles. I also can't wait to see Ali, Katy (now an A-Laws captain, which is interesting to say the least), and Patrick (probably in A-Laws serving under Katy, as he should!).

I had high expectations of this episode, story and character wise, and Gundam 00 didn't dissapoint. The action in the colony was brilliant and did true justice to the veteran streetfighter Setsuna. The space combat was good as well, placing the A-Head suits on an equal level as the gundams. I hope it stays that way.

Furthermore, there are some interesting technological/military developments. For instance how did the rebelgroup Kataron managed to lay their hands on so many military hardware. They have Mobile Suits previously belonging from the AEU, HRL and the Union. Plus they had an entire space carier, spacedock and who knows what more. Could be that all is not well in the federation. Could be that Claus is really good at what he does. Can't wait to find out.

Rating 9/10. It ain't perfect for me because they showed me no sign of Patrick.
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 08:05   Link #230
Wesley84

I'm watching the raw.

Spoiler:
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 08:07   Link #231
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
It has exactly the same color scheme as A-laws. And it would be the most reasonable explanation.

Unless you want to see him as a loose cannon funded by Wang, and teaming with Nena whom brothers he killed...
Well, it's also a fact that Ali's machine has red GN particles, not the orange GN particles that A-Laws MS produce.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 08:11   Link #232
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Setsuna then gets into Exia and wipes out all the auto-robots and charges through the group of Aheads (taking an arm). However, the damaged Exia is no match for multiple Aheads and is saved by the arrival of Tieria. The Ahead commander guy has to drag off Louise who is suffering from a headache - and interestingly, it seems that Ribbons can see through her eyes. He comments that this is nice since she now has a reason to fight.
I was wondering about that. Is Ribbons is linked with Louise, or actually connected to all Arrows MS, kind of like veda.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 08:13   Link #233
Kelrys
Same old same

Louise is a normal girl as seen in s1, that is unless Ribbons implant some chip into her during the 4 years of her training.
Old 2008-10-05, 08:14   Link #234
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I'm watching the raw.
People should just wait for subs first, really.

The facility where Saji is sent to, is a high artificial gravity plant. 5Gs of artificial gravity is generated by centrifugal force. Its basically a concentration camp of sort and the prisoners are forced to do hard labour. The facility is pressurised and so peopel can breathe without oxygen tanks, meaning guns can be fired as well.

Oh and about bridge bunnies being cute, in Japan its actually a form of manners and being cute for the ladies is being polite. There are more to it, wearing make-up is also a form of politeness, as it shows that the girl is well groomed and wants to present her best.

Its the country's tradition. And since anime is spoken in Japanese, the bridge bunny being cute is just a form of expression of politeness.

EDIT: Well for Louise, we've seen that she has contact with Regena, its highly possible that it was Livonze who gave her the cybernetic arm and in exchange be Livonze's spy/eyes.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 08:15   Link #235
Kelrys
Same old same

How long for an average quality sub to appear on the net?
Old 2008-10-05, 08:16   Link #236
nexocentric
俺は!僕は…あたしは?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post
agreed.

no but he's a prisioner, Hallejulah is gone, and his friend Marie is an enemy so he dosen't have alot to smile about.

great episode my only problem with it was everyone saying other character's full names.
The character full name thing comes from way back in the day when the did it in Mobile Suit Gundam. It's like a gundam staple;

Man I loved Tieria and his suit in the first season... but in this second season... I think they might be making a dire mistake. If anyone noticed, there's something that looks like a big gundam head on the back of his suit..... if they go power rangers with as serious a story as this i'm going to flip out!
Old 2008-10-05, 08:22   Link #237
finalnight
Supreme Commander

Alright Sunrise, another excellent anime beginning. This is your last chance to actually pull off a decent mecha ending since you botched Wing, Seed, Destiny, R1, Stargazer, R2. Nice to see another Uverworld opening, I still remember that epic 2nd opening of Bleach.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 08:23   Link #238
AnymX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
How long for an average quality sub to appear on the net?
It takes from 8 to ~n hour's to sub an episode.
AnymX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 08:25   Link #239
digi.amuro

Great first episode. It was fastpaced, action pacted, and alot of good subplots. Saji still annoys me, Badass Battle-scarred Exia is Badass, and Seravee looks a heck of alot better in motion, and nice op. My expectations were met and exceeded. Looking forward to subs and next episode.

BTW, has the extended episode 2 preview come out yet?
Old 2008-10-05, 08:40   Link #240
killer3000ad

Spoiler: