AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-04-02, 14:47   Link #21
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'm not sure where all this talk of a break is coming from. No such thing was announced at the end of the chapter, nor is the chapter running on a holiday issue (in fact, the Golden Week issue won't be until around the end of the month). Or I guess people assumed there to be a break since Oda tends to take one around every 4-5 chapters?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
Also, did anyone notice the tonatta's sudden mood change after laws attack on trebol? Seems strange with the timing/remoteness of the event. Maybe he's tied to them in some way. Too bad it will be weeks before we find out anything.

Actually, the reason for the Tontattas' mood change isn't that deep. You know the weird scream Trebol made when Law cut him ("PIGYAAAAA!!!")? The Tontattas made that exact same scream when Trebol was stomping on them back in chapter 741. So the fact that he made the same silly scream as them this chapter was basically a poetic justice type of moment, lol.
marvelB is offline  
Old 2015-04-02, 16:27   Link #22
ri0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Holy moly...

I just caught up with the last 10 chapters and DAMN, that was intense!

Zoro's shining was to be expected after dealing with every NW opponent so far with only one stroke. But I really liked Franky's fight with Pink. Especially the end, when Franky emerged out of the dust after Pink's attack in Terminator-looks was so ass-kicking.

Also a pretty funny interaction between Cavendish and Barto! How Barto sacrificed himself and his homage to Luffy were simply incredible... More action by Robin would have been nice, but you can't have everything.

What to say about Law? He really keeps impressing me... after having an extended fight with both an Admiral and a fellow Shichibukai, facing Doflamingo multiple times and having his arm sawn off, he still has the power to land a combined surprise attack on the Bird Man and take down Trebol. Makes you wonder what someone with Zoro's stamina could do with the Ope Ope no Mi. Law probably was saved by Sabo somehow. Or the latter will have to wait to fend of CP0.

Another thing that caught my attention was Koala. Sabo was speaking to her, as if he trusts her powers to handle nearly everything. To his question, why she called him, Koala answered that if she'd do something, Luffy would be endangered. Does this mean she has some big destructive ability or did the translators srew up? Would be nice to get a clarification by one of the Japanese speaking guys (perhaps aohige?).
ri0 is offline  
Old 2015-04-02, 17:21   Link #23
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
This revelation of Trebol makes me think of how it's similar with the Naruto character Sasori.
Rainbowman is offline  
Old 2015-04-02, 20:16   Link #24
SeanQ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
law is reaching whitebeard level ... it's getting crazy the amount of shit he's being able to do near dead.
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a Mod because it exceeded the size limit requested in the forum rules! Please take a look at it.
SeanQ is offline  
Old 2015-04-02, 22:45   Link #25
Kerimeos
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
... well, guess Luffy getting into a sticky situation turned out to be a thing after all. |D

You know... regarding all the fuss surrounding Law, I think it's going to be one of those things where at the end of the day, not everyone is going to be happy regardless of what happens. This is the series after all where we have people fighting for days straight (Ace vs. Jinbe and the Admirals going at each other come to mind) we have Whitebeard, we have the insanity that Luffy went through at Impel Down and Marineford, and of course we have Zoro. Basically, as long as you still have the will to fight and something to push you forward, you always have the chance of digging deep within yourself and summoning forth something else to change the game.

Besides, Oda has very much been pushing the idea this saga that success can't be achieved alone. Pirate Alliance saga, right? Heck, he even has Ideo come out and say it to Dellinger, "We're doing it together, because victory doesn't come to one person alone." So while I think the execution of events could have definitely been better to avoid a lot of the frustration I've seen, I have no problem with Law taking out the tras--- erm, Trebol to leave Luffy with Dof.
Kerimeos is offline  
Old 2015-04-03, 00:00   Link #26
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York
Age: 26
^Yes, this arc has (at the expense of it's length) established some important allies of the Strawhats. From Chinjao's fleet to Bartolomeo's crew, to the dwarfs and even the Rikku's family line. I can only imagine how many allies Luffy will have before OP reaches it's end. Mihawk was right to acknowledge Luffy's tendency to gain supporters as one of his most dangerous abilities.

Shouldn't be much longer now before this arc ends. I've been using the Jimbei side story to gauge how long until he returns to the main story - which should be around the time they take down Doffy and get on their way to meet Law's crew(I wanna see what they look like after the timeskip!) That is, if this deed was the last of his errands.

*side note, I'm not liking the image of a scrawny man in his late 50's hurdled over Law covered in mucous and bloody draws..It's stuck in my head. Please hurry with the next chapter Oda! -_-;; Need to erase that with some good melee!
Belise is offline  
Old 2015-04-03, 01:05   Link #27
solidguy
I'm not a tumor
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the dreams of beautiful women
Age: 26
I was under the impression that Luffy's elemental attacks (Thor Hammer, Firehawk) were combinations of his armament and conquerors haki. Besides knocking people out around you it also has some other added bonus aswell
solidguy is offline  
Old 2015-04-03, 07:29   Link #28
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
Chapter 782
That was a good chapter. With all the rabbits Law is pulling out of his hat I don't see Trebol's explosion going to get him. He has had to many blows that were meant for him but ended up switching it out someone or something. I understand why he uses it a lot and its pretty affective and probably requires little stamina. Has for Luffy vs. Dalfamingo the fight is finally getting good. Luffy is holding his own really well and his haki seems to be up there with Daflamingo. For the four executives and Daflamingo they really do complement each other. There attitude and the way they think are more in common and closer to Daflamingo then Dalflamingo and his brother. They do really make a good family.

Finally I hope the King Haki will be further explained. Did Trebol sense king haki in Daflamingo? Because this moment is kinda like Shank's moment with Luffy. Its like they were drawn or sensed something unique about them(Luffy and Daflamingo). For Ace we knew he had it because his Father(Gold D. Rogers) had it. There are consistency with King Haki Users, like there confidence, strong alpha male attitude, strong opinion of themselves, and etc. There has to be more to the King Haki then this. Is it a key to the one piece? Why do only few have it? Can this haki help the other haki branches? Can females have King haki? We have only seen males demonstrate the ability. That would be interesting if Big Mamma did not have it just because she was a female.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2015-04-03 at 07:50.
grey_1960 is offline  
Old 2015-04-03, 08:05   Link #29
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 782
That was a good chapter. With all the rabbits Law is pulling out of his hat I don't see Trebol's explosion going to get him. He has had to many blows that were meant for him but ended up switching it out someone or something. I understand why he uses it a lot and its pretty affective and probably requires little stamina. Has for Luffy vs. Dalfamingo the fight is finally getting good. Luffy is holding his own really well and his haki seems to be up there with Daflamingo. For the four executives and Daflamingo they really do complement each other. There attitude and the way they think are more in common and closer to Daflamingo then Dalflamingo and his brother. They do really make a good family.

Finally I hope the King Haki will be further explained. Did Trebol sense king haki in Daflamingo? Because this moment is kinda like Shank's moment with Luffy. Its like they were drawn or sensed something unique about them(Luffy and Daflamingo). For Ace we knew he had it because his Father(Gold D. Rogers) had it. There are consistency with King Haki Users, like there confidence, strong alpha male attitude, strong opinion of themselves, and etc. There has to be more to the King Haki then this. Is it a key to the one piece? Why do only few have it? Can this haki help the other haki branches? Can females have King haki? We have only seen males demonstrate the ability. That would be interesting if Big Mamma did not have it just because she was a female.
didn't dofla accidentally knock out some people with his haki when he was a kid and that's how trebol and others found out he has king haki?

females can have king haki, hancock has it.
__________________
khoa1708 is offline  
Old 2015-04-03, 08:16   Link #30
P_Dezz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
I was under the impression that Luffy's elemental attacks (Thor Hammer, Firehawk) were combinations of his armament and conquerors haki. Besides knocking people out around you it also has some other added bonus aswell
Well, the Thor attack is really just Luffy using Gravity to increase the amount of power his elephant gun has, not him using some fire on it, or the Conqueror's will. I think the "Conqueror's Will" is sort of an instinctive trigger, sort of like when you playfully armwrestle someone and you feel your partner starts putting more strength into his arm, and you match his strength for you not to lose. Luffy feels Doffy's conqueror's will, and activates his, in order to match it.
P_Dezz is offline  
Old 2015-04-03, 08:54   Link #31
Tommy
Mr. Prince
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Age: 35
I'm still confused about Trebol's ability, how was law's attack effective on him, but when usopp's shiruken cut him in half he was fine? I guess he just didn't hit the main body within the slime?

Oh and Luffy used a quasi new attack lol. I guess oda is doing a birds of prey series with Luffy now lol.
Tommy is offline  
Old 2015-04-03, 08:56   Link #32
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
didn't dofla accidentally knock out some people with his haki when he was a kid and that's how trebol and others found out he has king haki?

females can have king haki, hancock has it.
^
I forgot about her. The fact that she the only female so far to possess it is weird and I don't even know if she has ever used it thats why i never thought about it. Has for Daflamingo i don't remember him using it even when the villagers chained him against the wall has a kid.
grey_1960 is offline  
Old 2015-04-03, 10:41   Link #33
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
^
I forgot about her. The fact that she the only female so far to possess it is weird and I don't even know if she has ever used it thats why i never thought about it. Has for Daflamingo i don't remember him using it even when the villagers chained him against the wall has a kid.
It's not weird. Hancock is the pirate empress of Amazon Lily. We know that King's Haki is associated with people of strong leadership, so it's no surprise she possesses it.

Doflamingo used the King's Haki when he arrived at Punk Hazard and knocked out all those marine grunts. Besides that, he must have exhibited it in front of Trebol over the years.
__________________
Speed is weight. Have you ever been kicked at the speed of light?
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline  
Old 2015-04-03, 10:51   Link #34
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I'm still confused about Trebol's ability, how was law's attack effective on him, but when usopp's shiruken cut him in half he was fine? I guess he just didn't hit the main body within the slime?
Supposedly, Trebol is a parmecia type and he only gets mistaken for a Logia because he covers his body in mucus so thick that you can't tell how skinny he really is; so basically most attacks actually missed the real target. If you look, Luffy's hit Trebol's left side, not his center

However, i would say this hasn't been consistent... looking back Ussop's attack looked like it clearly should have hit him; he hit him dead center to the chest. This is made esepcially clear in the anime, where ussop completely chopped him up (Oda usually tries to be clear to the anime team on matters like that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
^
I forgot about her. The fact that she the only female so far to possess it is weird
Not really when you consider the fact that powerful females are already rare in this series. I mean, aside from Big Mom, how many other female characters have we seen that are even close to boa's level? In general you are only gonna find that kind of Haki on powerful characters or those destined to become powerful in the future. Conquer's Haki is rare and you're pulling from a relatively small pool of characters when looking only amongst females... there could be a few others, like Vice Admrial Tsuru, or Whitebeard's old allies, but they would not have gotten the time and exposure to show off such abilities

Quote:
as for Daflamingo i don't remember him using it even when the villagers chained him against the wall has a kid.
I think that's how he got out of that situation.
__________________
Slayerx is offline  
Old 2015-04-03, 11:26   Link #35
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I'm still confused about Trebol's ability, how was law's attack effective on him, but when usopp's shiruken cut him in half he was fine? I guess he just didn't hit the main body within the slime?

Admittedly, I was a bit confused about Usopp's attack scene, as well. But then I recalled that Oda actually sort of pulled a similar stunt WAY earlier in the series when Zoro fought against those cat brother guys from Kuro's crew. It looked like Zoro sliced the thinner brother apart after the guy stole two of his swords, but he survived thanks to his thin body. It could be a similar case here when Usopp attacked Trebol. Guess our long-nosed friend should've aimed for the guy's head instead, lol.


---------


BTW, Law's line about Dofla manipulating the executives reminds me of a debate we had here a while back about whether or not Dofla truly cared for his "family". As I said then, I think he actually DOES care about them, even if it's in a warped fashion. For instance, despite sacrificing Vergo and Monet at PH, he looked like he really regretted it. That, and he went out of his way to rescue Baby-5 and Buffalo after they were defeated. And that's not even mentioning how he clearly hesitated to attack Law when he held Jora hostage (Jora, who's probably the most "useless" member of the crew, ability-wise). So I think he does see them as more than mere tools, and genuinely cares for them. But... just in his own warped, twisted way (we ARE talking about the guy who murdered two of his own biological relatives, after all).....
marvelB is offline  
Old 2015-04-03, 11:55   Link #36
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dezz View Post
Honestly, Doflamingo seems like he really can't hack it with Luffy in terms of hand to hand up close combat. Seems like his powers are much more effective from mid range to long distance, and Luffy seems mostly unphased by most of Doflamingo's hits.
Yeah, it did look like Luffy was getting the upper hand against Dofla in hand-to-hand combat. Trebol had to intervene, after all. While it's true that Dofla is not at 100% thanks to Law's shenanigans, Luffy's also sustained some damage because of his holding back against Bellamy. But now that Trebol is done for (hopefully), there's no more BS to keep the two from fighting to the end.

Before I was kind of on the fence about Luffy soloing Dofla (and was leaning more towards no), but this chapter has shifted my views a bit. Now is the time to truly see the results of two years of training under Rayleigh's instruction. It just may be enough to edge out the birdman. This will be Luffy's toughest fight yet (comparable to the difficulty he had taking Lucci down, I suspect).
__________________
Speed is weight. Have you ever been kicked at the speed of light?

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2015-04-03 at 12:09.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline  
Old 2015-04-03, 12:12   Link #37
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 26
so... Doflamingo's current attitude was made from 5 twisted people's dream
this is the matter of who is the "real" master between Doffy and his main family

I like how Law finally mentioned his crew.. and his finishing move...
yes! now only Doffy left.... epic battle is happening
~Yami~ is offline  
Old 2015-04-03, 12:36   Link #38
P_Dezz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
^the only thing those 4 doofuses made him think, is that he should be a king. Doffy would have killed any one of them for betraying him, or if they tried to usurp him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Yeah, it did look like Luffy was getting the upper hand against Dofla in hand-to-hand combat. Trebol had to intervene, after all. While it's true that Dofla is not at 100% thanks to Law's shenanigans, Luffy's also sustained some damage because of his holding back against Bellamy. But now that Trebol is done for (hopefully), there's no more BS to keep the two from fighting to the end.

Before I was kind of on the fence about Luffy soloing Dofla (and was leaning more towards no), but this chapter has shifted my views a bit. Now is the time to truly see the results of two years of training under Rayleigh's instruction. It just may be enough to edge out the birdman. This will be Luffy's toughest fight yet (comparable to the difficulty he had taking Lucci down, I suspect).
You really shouldn't be honestly, Lucci was actually a better fighter than Luffy was. Luffy is an adaptive genius, and was able to counter his rokushiki abilities after watching how Lucci moved around in their first encounter. Doflamingo is so high level that he has hasn't been pushed in a fight for at least some 20 years, that's why he had the attitude he had against Luffy coming at him, saying it's impossible. Now having someone that's more or less at his level, that knows how to fight until he can't move anymore and in his face constantly is something Doffy may not be prepared for. And they're even as far as I'm concerned. Luffy fought in the colosseum, raced to the palace, got kicked out of the palace, and had to fight his way through Dressrosa, and then a showdown with Bellamy. He may not have the internal damage Doffy just got, but he's for sure got way more fatigue.

Last edited by P_Dezz; 2015-04-03 at 12:47.
P_Dezz is offline  
Old 2015-04-03, 12:59   Link #39
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It's not weird. Hancock is the pirate empress of Amazon Lily. We know that King's Haki is associated with people of strong leadership, so it's no surprise she possesses it.

Doflamingo used the King's Haki when he arrived at Punk Hazard and knocked out all those marine grunts. Besides that, he must have exhibited it in front of Trebol over the years.
Kids
I know he used it has an adult but did he use it has a kid? I mean Trebol and the other executives are drawn to him like they sense something strong in him. Shank had the same thing about Luffy and Luffy never had to use King Haki in front of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Not really when you consider the fact that powerful females are already rare in this series. I mean, aside from Big Mom, how many other female characters have we seen that are even close to boa's level? In general you are only gonna find that kind of Haki on powerful characters or those destined to become powerful in the future. Conquer's Haki is rare and you're pulling from a relatively small pool of characters when looking only amongst females... there could be a few others, like Vice Admrial Tsuru, or Whitebeard's old allies, but they would not have gotten the time and exposure to show off such abilities

I think that's how he got out of that situation.
Marines
This is just my opinion but I don't think the Marines will ever have anyone in there ranks with King Haki. Everyone who has it besides Chinjao have epithet(Example Yonkou title) or they are kings or queens. I don't think the nature of the marines follow the King haki nature. They are more of a protect and serve type kind of mentality.
grey_1960 is offline  
Old 2015-04-03, 13:41   Link #40
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Kids
I know he used it has an adult but did he use it has a kid? I mean Trebol and the other executives are drawn to him like they sense something strong in him. Shank had the same thing about Luffy and Luffy never had to use King Haki in front of him.


Marines
This is just my opinion but I don't think the Marines will ever have anyone in there ranks with King Haki. Everyone who has it besides Chinjao have epithet(Example Yonkou title) or they are kings or queens. I don't think the nature of the marines follow the King haki nature. They are more of a protect and serve type kind of mentality.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
khoa1708 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.