AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-08, 15:28   Link #21
Srin Tuar
無謀

Wow, I loved everyminute of this show.
So far Ive watched it through twice.

I don't know if its the cuteness and novelty of the kansai ben, or the one-piece style low budget art that has me hooked, but I'm really enjoying it either way.

Hehe, I really want to see that mismatched height pair kiss. That would be soo cute.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 17:56   Link #22
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

The Lovely Complex Jdrama was a so so movie if it was not for Teppei Koike who saved it from becoming a totally lame show.

This anime is a welcome bonus this year.

If W-juliet will also be animated, that'll be a treat.
So for now, W-juliet dramaCd will suffice.
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 20:58   Link #23
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
I watched the first episode and thought it was really good. I got the feeling of Honey and Clover when I watched it.
Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 21:00   Link #24
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran View Post
The Lovely Complex Jdrama was a so so movie if it was not for Teppei Koike who saved it from becoming a totally lame show.

This anime is a welcome bonus this year.

If W-juliet will also be animated, that'll be a treat.
So for now, W-juliet dramaCd will suffice.
Mint na Bokura would also be a real treat as well as it is similar to W-Juliet. I wonder how Milk Tea would look like animated???
Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 23:40   Link #25
Shenlong

Did any group announce that they plan on subbing this?
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 11:28   Link #26
Dernhelm
High on Jin

i heard there's a group, but it needs a translator. perhaps one that is familiar with Kansaiben.

edit: also, does anyone think the show is going too fast? it seemed like the first ep covered a lot of chapters (possibly skipped some scenes too)...

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 11:50   Link #27
Nervous Venus

I haven't actually seen any of the anime yet. I just finished reading the manga in last month's (??) Bessatsu Margaret issue. Are there any raws out?

Quote:
So it is a shoujo romantic comedy without the generic ignorant loser who has suddenly a girl or a bunch of girls all over him for some contrived reasons, I gather?
Yep. Although "shoujo" implies that the main character is "female". She's basically the "loser", but although things don't always work well for her and Ootani, the relationship is not snail pace and as nail scrapingly disturbing as Ai Yori Aoshi.

Quote:
if it was not for Teppei Koike who saved it from becoming a totally lame show.
Actually, I think his kansai ben was a bit off. The girl who played Koizumi's role in the drama did an excellent job. I think she far outshined Teppei in her role. I really thought: Wow. This is Koizumi. Teppei was just "cute". But he wasn't " Ootani".

Edit: What's up with the Koizumi's " sister" ? Why did they decide to change that, anyway? Although it did give me a few laughs..
Nervous Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 20:23   Link #28
paperorange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
Actually, I think his kansai ben was a bit off. The girl who played Koizumi's role in the drama did an excellent job. I think she far outshined Teppei in her role. I really thought: Wow. This is Koizumi. Teppei was just "cute". But he wasn't " Ootani".

Edit: What's up with the Koizumi's " sister" ? Why did they decide to change that, anyway? Although it did give me a few laughs..
really? that's a surprise because he's actually originally from Osaka so his kansai-ben should be au-natural. I think it's just not as accented as some.

as for Emma who played Koizumi, she was adorable! but didn't you think that she was rather..... emo and teary? i guess that's the fault of the script and not the actress...
and as for the "sister" shizu-chan (and the "boyfriend' yama-chan) are i think some kind of popular manzai together. i noticed with the movie they stuck in as much owarai as possible (including the real all hanshin koshin) might be a bit overkill
their roles were rather pointless and time-consuming and i would have rather seen more of otani and risa scenes
paperorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 23:36   Link #29
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Speaking of the Kansai-ben being off, did anyone else get that sort of vibe from a lot of the characters in the anime? Obviously, since I'm not a native speaker, I don't have much credibility...but I felt it was an unnatural sounding Osaka-ben compared to Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 00:26   Link #30
g_g
@0| |-|@|\|@

yeah, with respects to the live-action, i didnt think that teppei saved it; i thought ema fujisawa, and 4-5 absolutely hilarious scenes saved what was in totality, a pretty crappy movie.

otani is a difficult character to play live-action if you want to follow it exactly like the manga. ema did a very good job as risa though, but i felt sometimes she had too exaggerated body actions.

as for the anime, it appears to be a compressed version of the manga, so there's a feeling of being rushed through content. however thats only after watching 1 episode so that might not be a true statement; we'll see when the series is complete.

im a big fan of the manga, and i am really hoping that the anime will not disappoint. watching it RAW its hard for me to keep up with the kansai-ben so i hope someone picks it up to sub soon!
g_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 08:23   Link #31
wao
OK.

Never watched the drama or read the manga, but this was fun as poppy light-hearted shoujo fluff. That really isn't my sort of thing most of the time, but it was done in a confident manner and the first episode didn't feel like it faltered even during the still-shot moments. Somehow the low-budget feel of it didn't bother me so much (it's like I've gotten used to that with Toei).

The voiceacting was extremely fun though. I can't say about whether it soudned authentic or what, but what I do know was that it was a helluva fun ride hearing it all! I was hooked to it - Risa's seiyuu Akemi Okamura was top-notch to me, no doubt about it. Who cares if everyone sounded totally on crack and overdoing everything? It was fun, and they were having fun too, I could feel it. It made me really smile for a moment there, and I might just watch it for that alone.
Old 2007-04-13, 12:22   Link #32
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Otani's seiyuu sounded many times like a deep voiced female seiyuu whose expertise is guy roles >_>;;;;

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 18:12   Link #33
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

I can't wait till subs come out. I heard about this anime and immediately decided to watch it. I love these high school love stories and it looks funny and the storyline is great. I hope the music is good too Never read the manga either so everything's a surprise for me, yay!
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 18:46   Link #34
kinbari08

I am really looking forward to this series. Hopefully a group's subbing this and isn't announcing it till they release episode 1. I've read the first few volumes of the manga and have seen the live-action and like both very much. I've been checking this site and Tokyotosho often to see if a fansub comes out so I hope one appears very soon! ^^
kinbari08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 10:00   Link #35
hi no ken Jebus

Finally got around to watching the first 2 eps awesome stuff and quite funny. The main two are pretty good combo in many ways. Sort of gives off that KareKano vibe minus the emotional baggage at least not yet never read the manga so I wouldn't know. I haven't had that much fun since Ouran so this is a definite keeper.

Anyway...
Spoiler for ep 2:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 14:02   Link #36
MukashiMukashi

Does this series really need a translator? Because I have a friend who speaks Kansai-ben that might be up for it.
MukashiMukashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 14:39   Link #37
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Give that man a cigar! Seeing that this stuff remains unsubbed while even stuff like ...(*) and ... has been adopted by a group and ... even by ... different groups makes me feel sad.

(*) Since it's pointless to bitch about other people's tastes I leave the names to your imagination.
Slice of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 02:58   Link #38
Tearbox

if someone already sub this please do tell me .. i'm really looking forward to watch this anime ..

tnx!^_^
Tearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 10:09   Link #39
Srin Tuar
無謀

ep2
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 17:35   Link #40
7Th
Mixtape

Does this also airs in wide-screen format?

Quote:
[TV-JAPAN][RAW] LOVELY COMPLEX 02 [1024x768 h264+AAC D-TBS].mkv Website | Details
Size: 219.26MiB | Date: 2007-04-15 22:27 GMT | Comment: TV-JAPAN@IRC.RIZON.NET
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance