AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-07-01, 18:38   Link #3441
TXBPNTVN

Even in my wildest dream I couldn't believe that this turns out to be the loathsome fake harem. It's even more infuriating considering that he baited the readers with hybrid harem in the previous volume. F*** you author, you will not get a single penny from me for this series and any of your future series.
TXBPNTVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 19:10   Link #3442
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBPNTVN View Post
Even in my wildest dream I couldn't believe that this turns out to be the loathsome fake harem. It's even more infuriating considering that he baited the readers with hybrid harem in the previous volume. F*** you author, you will not get a single penny from me for this series and any of your future series.
Eh, it was still a true harem in that he banged all the girls (and is presumably still with all the Earth girls) but considering that it seemed almost a given he'd either become a god and merge the worlds or at least stay in Atlantis, the fact that they just went their separate ways is....unfortunate.
Old 2018-07-01, 19:24   Link #3443
dragon213

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Eh, it was still a true harem in that he banged all the girls (and is presumably still with all the Earth girls) but considering that it seemed almost a given he'd either become a god and merge the worlds or at least stay in Atlantis, the fact that they just went their separate ways is....unfortunate.
so he really did it with all the girls huh?
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 20:54   Link #3444
Silvertail

Why is it that when a manga or light novel series finally ends, most people who read it complain about the ending? Does everyone think about how they want the story to end, and when the author finishes the story they wrote them self, someone think: "This isn't how I wanted it to end! I feel rip off!". That really annoying!! Enjoy the story from beginning to end, finding parts you like and dislike, thinking about the characters and what you would like to see happen to them, and buy the volumes you want! That's what it makes reading manga and light novel fun, DAMN IT!!
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 21:07   Link #3445
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Your point?
Old 2018-07-01, 21:14   Link #3446
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
Why is it that when a manga or light novel series finally ends, most people who read it complain about the ending? Does everyone think about how they want the story to end, and when the author finishes the story they wrote them self, someone think: "This isn't how I wanted it to end! I feel rip off!". That really annoying!! Enjoy the story from beginning to end, finding parts you like and dislike, thinking about the characters and what you would like to see happen to them, and buy the volumes you want! That's what it makes reading manga and light novel fun, DAMN IT!!
An ending is arguably the first or second most important part of the story, as it is the pay-off to everything the reader/viewer/player experienced up to that point. Therefore it is the part most likely to receive complaints as some portion of the audience probably will feel cheated if the ending doesn't live up to expectations.

The most obvious example is in a romantic comedy, particularly of the harem genre. Each person will generally have a couple they want to see, and if that couple doesn't get together then the viewer feels like their emotional investment in that relationship was wasted. This can extend to literally any aspect of a story, from relationships to world building to fights, if the viewer feels they didn't receive the proper resolution.

Additionally, the ending changes the context of the story. While the saying "The journey and not the destination is important" has some merit, it's foolish to overlook the importance of the conclusion of that journey as well.

Say at the end of One Piece Luffy is wounded in battle and dies right before seeing the final island Raftel. That completely changes the context of his journey to one of tragedy, doomed to never reach its ultimate goal.

Or look to Samurai Jack, whose show previous to Season 5 had a similar air of tragedy precisely because his journey never ended and he would be trapped forever in the future, but now has a tone of triumph because in the end he does make it back home.

This is all a massive over analysis, of course, but it's more or less the reason those of us who held onto hope are disappointed at this ending. The series had a habit of setting up strong scenarios and not following through, and this was shown again in the ending. Had the writer instead pulled off a good payout at the end, the previous instances would have been largely erased as the readers focused on the fact that "it gets better by the end", but instead those previous failures now stand out even more.

This isn't really a "bad" ending. We got the harem when it looked like for a bit Aine was going to steal it all, and the good guys did win, but the bittersweet separation really doesn't fit the tone of the series, and the missed opportunity for an over the top golden ending like Kizuna becoming a god or ruling a planet full of women stings as that would have been much more in keeping with the show in general.
Old 2018-07-01, 21:31   Link #3447
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
Ha, talk about flawed thinking. According to you, every story is a perfect 10/10, cause it went exactly how the author wanted it to.

We as fans shoudln't be upset if at the end of Lord of the Rings, Optimus Prime shows up and blows up Sauron.

We should be happy if Infinity War ended with Spiderman telling Thanos a joke that was soo funny that he died of laughing.

We should celebrate the ending of HxH if Kizuna cut off his dick and decided to become a monk and swear off all women.

I'm not saying this series had a shit ending, just a misleading ending, much like a ton of Harem stories. While yes, it does trump many due to the MC having actual sex and having a harem of some size versus pcking just one girl, open ending or no sex. But it just feels weird that they seal off the other dimension and leave them all as a lesbian world. The logical ending shoudl have been that before sealing off that dimsenions, Kizuna goes to that world and anyone who wants to be part of his harem goes with. I really see no reason why that wasn't how it ended.

Is the story lessened because his harem wasn't as big as some wanted it? No. The size is irrelivent, its the stuff that doesn't make sense that is bugging people. Like Gravel is deeply in love with him, yet her ending is to have sex and then be trapped in another dimension to never see him again. How is that a good ending for her? And apply that logic to other girls. Like Grace and Aine being seperated for good now.

I mean basically everything would be solved if Kizuna and the handful of girls from his world go and live in the other world.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 21:42   Link #3448
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHappyPepper View Post
If you want to talk about the Light Novel ending based off of the story doesn't your ending make less sense. Hasn't Kizuna mostly had his eyes solely on Aine? How would the series ending with him becoming god and ruling over all the women make sense? That ending sounds worse than the actual ending we got.
The series has been full harem antics from the start, had both members of the ruling family of Vatlantis fall in love with him, and repeatedly hinted at someone becoming a god.

Him ending with Aine would have clashed horribly with the rest of the series, which is why it not happening that way is the only saving grace.

But pulling this bittersweet shit in a series where members of two worlds that nearly drove each other to extinction can be having an orgy a week after the MC punches out the other worlds ruler is just bizarre.
Old 2018-07-01, 21:52   Link #3449
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHappyPepper View Post
Yes there was harem antics but Kizuna wanting a harem of every woman from both worlds is ridiculous. I'm happy he didn't end with just Aine but him ending with a massively large harem when he himself never aimed for that wouldn't make much sense. The ending we got was a hit ridiculous from the standpoint of some of the girls but the one some people want wouldn't make sense from Kizuna's standpoint. If anything Gravel and Grace staying with him would've fixed everything really.
Kizuna never wanted a harem at all, though.

Who said him being the proud owner of a planetary harem was going to be voluntary? I was imagining more of him getting married to Aine and Grace, and then it being revealed that under the new treaty he has "duties" that amount to him being the universal husband of Vatlantis.
Old 2018-07-02, 00:57   Link #3450
Chingaruna517

Wow, and here I thought the Vanadis series got everyone talking (at least Tigre married 8 women as an ending). That's makes me wonder why we even have Kizuna to have any relationship with all the women introduced in the series (maybe except Thanatos).

Now, I will continue to read Kou 1 desu ga isekai de joushu hajimemashita because at the very least the Oppai Writer knows his writing very well (Third Saga). Or even the novel about Kung Fu Elves (Yes, it is a thing but I forgot the tittle).
Chingaruna517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 08:07   Link #3451
burst1000

At least Kizuna never wants a harem and it seems like Aine/Happy ending for me.
I'm very satisfied with this.
burst1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 08:47   Link #3452
Lnlover

Wait so no snusu for thanatos?
Lnlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 09:53   Link #3453
LeftSeven
2D artist

^ based on spoiler is nononono, such shame, is it ?

so much potential but it was thrown away by author just for an otp.

to make it short, every girls at atlantis except aine are just pit stop for kizuna....lol

but let's wait for baka's translation for more detail..
Old 2018-07-02, 11:17   Link #3454
Skyterror3381
Blood Champion

I can understand people that ship gravel, or other vatlantis women being upset. After all the things they’ve done together, including gravel having sex with him, only to have them apart at the end? In a sense, all his developments with vatlantis characters, excluding Aine, got thrown out the window. I’d say that’s a valid reason to be unhappy.

Is volume 13 truly the last volume? Or are we expecting an epilogue, like in shinmai?
Skyterror3381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 13:16   Link #3455
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
Do you know how few are harem series that actually end as harem are right?

If the blogs are right Kizuna picked only Aine over the others, end.
Old 2018-07-02, 14:49   Link #3456
Silvertail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
^
Do you know how few are harem series that actually end as harem are right?

If the blogs are right Kizuna picked only Aine over the others, end.
Harem series ending can usually be divided into three forms.
  1. The harem ending; where the main man marries his harem and girls are okay with it.
  2. The choice ending; where the main man pick's one girl after hearing everyone's feelings and his answer is respected.
  3. The undecided ending; where the main man still hasn't picked one and the fight between the girls continues without end.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 15:12   Link #3457
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Problem here I had with this series was when Aine turned to be the princess and then all Kizuna wanted was Aine only the harem became the means(tools) to an end (Aine) and not part of it which was around the time I complained back then and dropped the series.

The harem series that ends not as harem might as well rot.
Remember Tsuki Tsuki? Because I do (still mad).
Old 2018-07-02, 16:07   Link #3458
darkofficer
just a devil

At least tsuki tsuki didn't drop the harem in the last volume. Like this one

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 16:09   Link #3459
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Yeah, isn't it worst actually? This one went beyond simple kissing yet ended like this.
Old 2018-07-02, 16:12   Link #3460
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I don't get what's your point.

Tags
action, bakapervert, borderline hentai, deceiving author, ecchi, harem, hentai artist, incest, sci-fi, true harem