AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-01-28, 23:59   Link #121
phantom_ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Frankly, statistics show that VII and X are the best FFs, at least recently.
Really? The stats show that? I'd agree with FF VII that one was great, but I found FFX a little less challenging than what I'd expect.. and then they made X-II lol.. why oh why I have no idea...

I really liked VIII though, Out of the lot I think it's got the best compilation of not only likable but really well thought out characters
phantom_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 00:01   Link #122
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtm View Post
So you liked 8 then?
lol no, not really :P I enjoyed it more than the X series, and 11, but overall I didn't enjoy it all too much. I did enjoy the 2 in between 7 and 9, though.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 01:14   Link #123
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Frankly, statistics show that VII and X are the best FFs, at least recently.
What do you mean by Statistics? If you're talking about the "Best Selling Final Fantasy Titles", it's wrong.
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 01:36   Link #124
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceage9 View Post
Can u elaborate on that, especially about the Unreal 3 engine for future titles???
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/758/758359p1.html
Quote:
In the videogame equivalent of Angelina Jolie hooking up with Brad Pitt, Final Fantasy developer Square Enix will use Epic's Unreal Engine 3 for future next-gen and PC titles. Final Fantasy XIII, exclusive to PS3, is to be the last game to utilize Square's White Engine exclusively.

No specific titles were mentioned in the press release, but it is likely the first Square Enix title to utilize the Unreal Engine would come no earlier than 2008.
They most likley mean the 2 exclusive FF13 games, FF13 and FF vs 13, as the last to use the engine. Still I'm a little skeptical if those 2 will be the last 2 to use the engine. But then again it did say use the engine exclusively, not totally stop using it at all, so maybe there is a hidden message in there.

Also not really that this is new news, but

Quote:
To little surprise Tetsuya Nomura has confirmed that Final Fantasy XIII will not make it's debut on the PLAYSTATION 3 in 2007. Nomura and company told Famitsu in a recent article that Square Enix still has to wrap up other yet-to-reach-retail projects, such as Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Crisis Core:Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete.
Heres some new info from 1UP.com
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3156770
Quote:
Crystals have always been standard fare in Final Fantasy, but in XIII they aren't just stones. Some of them are benevolent life-bringing...creatures, one might say, while others are more sinister. The game world is a binary one in which humanity wouldn't survive save for the good crystals. "[They] think about what sort of environment would be appropriate for [humans] and create that space, which is a Cocoon," elaborated Toriyama. Outside that safe haven is Pulse, where monsters roam and bad crystals make trouble. Anyone under the influence of an "alien substance" created in Pulse (which have a name that is still under wraps) is shipped out to a quarantine.

Our heroine is still rather mysterious. She calls herself Lightening, but keeps her real name secret. Toriyama didn't want to give much away, saying only, "Why she doesn't tell her real name will be revealed in the plot."
As we've heard before, the battle system is going to be a bit different than fans are used to. Not only will the battles be seamless, but Toriyama stated that, "since it's on the Playstation 3 we've got our eye on new presentation. The foundation is based on active-time battles, but the waiting time until you choose a command is gone for the most part. The image we presented to the public -- rushing into a real time battle with that kind of force -- we want to continue that overflowing feeling of tension that RPGs up to now haven't had."

The most surprising innovation, however, is that summons are now going to be part mecha and play an expanded role of more than just battle support. "The treatment of summons beasts has changed quite a bit," Toriyama revealed, "The fact that the players can summon will not change, but what happens after that will be something totally different." The example they discussed was Shiva, who can transform into a motorcycle. Toriyama hinted that he thinks "it might be the case" that you can ride it during a fight. Whoa.

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-01-29 at 19:42.
Old 2007-03-12, 11:30   Link #125
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Final Fantasy versus XIII

More than FFXIII it's Final Fantasy versus XIII that sparks my interest. The main char looks more bad ass. The overall feel is better. It's made by the people KH and advent children which explains the the coolness of the trailer. This might be the Final Fantasy to get. :O The games have no relation to each other next that they both use the power of crystals w/e that may mean. So it has diffrent story, worlds, w/e. I think this gonna be something similar to Devil May Cry, but also with rpg elements. The main difference I think it's gonna be in the lines of Story vs Gameplay.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 15:59   Link #126
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

XIII Vs. looks crappy. Yuna Mk. II FTW.
Old 2007-03-22, 08:47   Link #127
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
This just came out, but I'm talking this as a rumor:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6167864...renews;title;1
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 09:02   Link #128
Lebron
I hear voices

Sony will up the money to keep it exclusive, they're not that stupid.

I love these types of rumors though, brings out the worse in some people :P
Old 2007-03-22, 10:57   Link #129
Fome

Microsoft could offer the same amount of money, or more.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 11:26   Link #130
Lebron
I hear voices

Doesn't mean anything if they company doesn't want to put a game on the system. It's been pretty apparent that SE isn't to fond of the 360. But hey, you never know. They may just breakdown

Wacky Gen this one is.
Old 2007-03-22, 11:30   Link #131
rg4619

It's a Sony exec. He isn't going to say something that undermines his company. I think he's trying to say that although FFXIII hasn't been contractually tied as a PS3 exclusive, SCEI is trying to get that going.

It's worth mentioning that Square and Square Enix have never sought exclusive deals with Sony. The arrangements were never necessary before. However, with the PS3 looking the way it is, the latter will want to do everything to ensure that FFXIII isn't released on the XBox360 (at least during the six months cited in most exclusivity contracts).

Whether SE agrees to a deal is up in the air since they've been big on keeping their options open. However, with the right amount of money, it might just be possible.

Quote:
It's been pretty apparent that SE isn't to fond of the 360.
I think they like the system (in fact, most of their negative comments have actually been directed at Sony, with regard to the PSP and PS3). However, SE tends to be rather Japan-centric, so sales of the machine can't be impressing them.

That said, if the PS3 fails to have much of an impact in Japan (and probably the West too), SE will want to reconsider.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 12:07   Link #132
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
I think they like the system (in fact, most of their negative comments have actually been directed at Sony, with regard to the PSP and PS3). However, SE tends to be rather Japan-centric, so sales of the machine can't be impressing them.

That said, if the PS3 fails to have much of an impact in Japan (and probably the West too), SE will want to reconsider.
Yeah, that is true. The 360 is indeed dead in Japan, it will rise from the grave every now and then when a Mistwalker game or something similar to that is released. So that obliviously is probably concerning them. Yet, the PS3 is in a similar position as well. It is selling meh in Japan, a lot better than 360 though, and selling meh in the United States. Which is also probably concerning to them.

I'm sure FF13 will stay exclusive to the PS3, though. I would like to see a Final Fantasy game though on the 360, as well(not another MMO). But that is just wish thinking. Still, it should be interesting to see how things unfold this gen.
Old 2007-03-22, 20:10   Link #133
kujoe
from head to heel

I think it would make more sense for SE to go back to developing for Nintendo again. They rule Japan, have a large installed base and the company is Japan-centric and recognizable. But the Wii unfortunately doesn't have enough power for the kind of games (at the very least, the main FF line) that SE are striving for.

So yes, if they're left with no choice they just might have to bite the bullet and reconsider releasing more games on the 360. If that happens, that would indeed be the "sign of the times" so to speak, and would assure the success of the 360 even in Japan. Still, I'm not so comfortable with the idea of Microsoft being the leader in another field. I'd rather have Nintendo having that place, or God forbid, even Sony again. While the 360 is a great console in its own right, there's something still so "PC-ish" about the games that get the most praise on the 360 platform. I don't know.

With more and more third party developers supporting the console however, maybe that will change for me.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 00:57   Link #134
Lebron
I hear voices

Don't worry MS won't come out on top, I highly doubt that. I see them winning America, but that's about it.

With they way things are going on now, there is no reason why they shouldn't at least release a FF( not another MMO) game on the 360. Hell doesn't even have to be an FF, could be VP or KH for all I care. Sure it probably won't sell to hot in Japan, but 360 software sales have been solid outside of Japan, and last I checked those 2 franchises sold a lot better outside of Japan.
Old 2007-03-23, 01:55   Link #135
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, don't get me wrong. I do play the occasional PC game. I have fond memories of Planescape and NWN for example, and I enjoyed western RPGs such as KOTOR1&2 for the Xbox. But for the past few years my gaming life (or what's left of it...) has been mostly composed of "console style" offerings. Still, even I can't deny the 360's game library. It's certainly much better than what's on the Xbox of the past generation.
Old 2007-03-23, 03:19   Link #136
Lebron
I hear voices

ah, KOTOR Awesome series!

Yes, the 360 has definitely come a long way from it's older brother.

Also, seems SE may have added a new one to the FF13 universe. SE filed for the trademark "Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII" back in May of last year. Maybe this one will fall into the last "big" bubble in the FF13 web in the following image:
Old 2007-03-23, 12:31   Link #137
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I don't care much about how the new titles is going to push the technology of PS3. It's the story and characters that interest me. FFXII character is probably the least memorable for me in all the FF game that i played. The story? i cant be bothered to finish the game, there's just nothing there for me to keep on playing it.

Atleast i finish FFX-2 just to see what happen in the end between Yuna and Tidus but FFXII just doesnt have that pull for me.
Old 2007-03-23, 19:44   Link #138
kujoe
from head to heel

Personally FFX and FFX-2 don't really appeal to me that much. I found the latter to be even ridiculous. FFXII on the other hand, would have gone better if Matsuno and co. went all the way and gone for the Vagrant Story vibe, considering the nature of the story of the 12th installment.

Right now, the upcoming FFXIII comes off as a hybrid of FFX and FFVIII—two FF's which I'm not exactly fond of that much. However unlike those two, it's just part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis universe, a concept which has a lot of potential in my opinion.
Old 2007-03-23, 21:28   Link #139
Lebron
I hear voices

I wasn't a big fan of either of the FF games on the PS2 either, of course, I think FF12 is the best out of the lot--still isn't saying much. However, I'm still looking forward to the FF13 games, well not the crappy mobile one. I'm not a big fan of them milking their franchises, but then again, that's business.
Old 2007-03-24, 12:26   Link #140
MisaMisa

From the trailers I've seen,this FF seems to be the most awesome FF game ever with awesome graphics.It might also surpass FF7.
MisaMisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360