AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-16, 14:12   Link #161
Sokuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The horror is that you WILL see people wearing it at conventions -- and they WON'T be the people you might LIKE to see wearing it.

The XL default size is a bit of a reveal :P
What we all can do so this shirt can fit us (or our girl friends) without looking like some bozo (well the ones of us that wear medium or large shirts) is to trim it down, its pretty simple and there is about 2 inches of play on either side of the shirt, before you get to the silk screen. Check this link out http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=33 I know there is a podcast video out there that shows you how to do this, they also suggest to get someone to pin the shirt while its on you for a better fit. I would make sure its a trusted person first though
Old 2008-06-21, 05:59   Link #162
FireChick

I finally got the first DVD! But I can't watch it until Wednesday because that day's my birthday!
Old 2008-06-21, 09:47   Link #163
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

Only a few weeks till DVD 2 ~ !

I'm exited for this one because the episodes get a lot better after 4.
Old 2008-06-21, 09:52   Link #164
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishn37 View Post
Only a few weeks till DVD 2 ~ !

I'm exited for this one because the episodes get a lot better after 4.
Indeed they do.

By the way, does anyone else think Bandai went a bit overboard with the liner-notes? Explaining all the culture-related puns is okay, but I don't think they should have explained EVERY. SINGLE. REFERENCE to other shows, as I think it's kinda entertaining to find those myself. (I hadn't seen that many shows when I first saw Lucky Star, so I'm noticing a lot more references this time around... Like the poster of Sia from Shuffle in episode 2.)
Old 2008-06-21, 12:42   Link #165
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just got notice my DVD Volume 2 shipped... something to do when its too damn hot to do anything else
Old 2008-06-23, 17:06   Link #166
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

Just got my DVD 2 ~ ! Super exited to watch it when the eps start to get better!

I decided not to get any more LE DVDs because the first one usually has the most extras, and I can just put each new DVD in the nice case it comes with! Maybe I'll buy the chara-albums separatley later if they sell them individually like they did with Haruhi.
Old 2008-06-24, 19:20   Link #167
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
does anyone else think Bandai went a bit overboard with the liner-notes? Explaining all the culture-related puns is okay, but I don't think they should have explained EVERY. SINGLE. REFERENCE to other shows, as I think it's kinda entertaining to find those myself. (I hadn't seen that many shows when I first saw Lucky Star, so I'm noticing a lot more references this time around... Like the poster of Sia from Shuffle in episode 2.)
Have you seen our cultural references thread? ^^;
If you watch the show before reading the notes, as is generally intended, they you can find them yourself and then tick of all the ones you got, kick yourself for the obvious ones you missed, make a not of ones to look out for next time, and congratulate yourself if you got one they missed.
Old 2008-06-25, 00:25   Link #168
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Obviously someone hasn't been exposed to Pani Poni Dash.... which had multiple cultural, historical, and pop references on each and every frame.
Old 2008-06-25, 13:49   Link #169
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

^ Oh, yes. I had to pause all the time to read all of the notes they had. It was nice, but it was a bit much sometimes ~ !
Old 2008-06-26, 23:15   Link #170
Once and Current Subber

You ought to see the full list. There's plenty of stuff that didn't make the insert because of space! ;p
Old 2008-06-26, 23:54   Link #171
Shizzon
MEDIC!!

Location: Somewhere where anime is real and I watch reality on TV
Send a message via AIM to Shizzon
Quote:
Originally Posted by phishn37 View Post
Just got my DVD 2 ~ ! Super exited to watch it when the eps start to get better!

I decided not to get any more LE DVDs because the first one usually has the most extras, and I can just put each new DVD in the nice case it comes with! Maybe I'll buy the chara-albums separatley later if they sell them individually like they did with Haruhi.
how did u get ur volume 2? it not supposed to be released until July 1st
Old 2008-06-27, 08:08   Link #172
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

I preordered it, so I got it early ~ !

At least, that's what I think.
Old 2008-06-27, 08:47   Link #173
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzon View Post
how did u get ur volume 2? it not supposed to be released until July 1st
If you pre-order DVDs, the onliine stores are allowed to ship them early (the theory is that they reach you around the official release date).

My Lucky Star LE Vol 2 was shipped out by DVDPacific on the 19th June and I received it today (it took 9 since is was shipped by Surface Mail from the U.S. to the U.K.).

The Vol 2 Limited Edition came with the DVD (eps 5 to 8), Kagami Character CD and a Konata School Swimsuit Print T-Shirt.

The CD contains the following tracks, Lucky Star Character Song Vol 2
1. Kenka Yohou no Jikan Dayo
2. 100%? Nai Nai Nai
3. I'm Sorry by Kagami
4. Kenka Yohou no Jikan Dayo (off vocal)
5. 100%? Nai Nai Nai (off vocal)
Old 2008-06-27, 09:00   Link #174
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

A KONATA SCHOOL SWIMSUIT PRINT T-SHIRT!!!!

I wish I pre-ordered the limited edition... T_T
Old 2008-06-27, 09:07   Link #175
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
A KONATA SCHOOL SWIMSUIT PRINT T-SHIRT!!!!

I wish I pre-ordered the limited edition... T_T
Wow, that's a new one. Someone ACTUALLY likes the T-shirts? I for one think they're awful and wish they weren't in there at all. (Also, why is it so ridicculously big?)
And at least now it's confirmed that the information Bandai released was wrong, as they said that the ending-song-collection was included, even though they also released an image that clearly showed Kagami's character-single as the only CD included. I expect the ending-collection to be included with volume 3, as the CD contains the endings to episode 1 - 12, and volume 3 ends with episode 12.
Old 2008-06-27, 12:51   Link #176
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Wow, that's a new one. Someone ACTUALLY likes the T-shirts? I for one think they're awful and wish they weren't in there at all. (Also, why is it so ridicculously big?)
Must be for the big guys.

I am gonna get the T-shirt for collection purposes, but I anin't gonna wear it.
Old 2008-06-27, 18:48   Link #177
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
I think there's an answer for both these things - Bandai obviously believes their target audience to be lonely otaku who never leave their rooms, hence need XXL t-shirts and don't have to worry about how they look in public as they never go there anyway.
Old 2008-06-27, 19:07   Link #178
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
I think there's an answer for both these things - Bandai obviously believes their target audience to be lonely otaku who never leave their rooms, hence need XXL t-shirts and don't have to worry about how they look in public as they never go there anyway.
I thought it was because they'll shrink in the laundry.
Old 2008-06-27, 21:05   Link #179
Shizzon
MEDIC!!

Location: Somewhere where anime is real and I watch reality on TV
Send a message via AIM to Shizzon
i can't wear the shirts but i'm still getting them for collection purposes. just like the haruhi pillowcases for the LE volumes 3&4, they have pillows in them but i don't use them
Old 2008-06-28, 13:54   Link #180
Magedark

I guess I'm one of few who wears it? I think they're amusing to wear, and I got free stuff just because I wore it.
Closed Thread