AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-31, 16:46   Link #161
rladls2121

^Thanks for the explanation, but I'm still confused.
No need to abbreviate.

Yes, Kouki that's his name.
His face looks more than just bright and positive ever since the beginning, it kind of makes it scarier.
He was the first one to step forward to fight this war to "help people".
The teacher immediately telling her students to stop, but no avail.
The situation they are in feels so wrong.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-01, 02:50   Link #162
4th Dimension

Well of course he stepped up. After all this is TOOOTALY like in issekais, there are big bads and then there is THE HERO, that is him. OF COURSE he and they needed to join into the (bloodletting) protecting. And since this is like a story and he is a HERO NOTHING POSSIBLE COULD GO WRONG. Have I mentioned how he is the HERO? And the HERO always fights.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-01, 04:26   Link #163
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Good looking one is a fucking idiot, I'll say that much.
The anime made him overly optimistic and inconsiderate to Kaori's feelings, at least compared to what I remember from the novel.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-01, 06:09   Link #164
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
That's because anime isn't telling you SHIIIT

Though maybe they are planning to show more of that later when the arc which features among others sensei comes about. Which is pretty much how this adaptation has rolled. Telling you things well after the fact.
I'm starting to get what the source material readers are talking about, looks like they're skipping most of the background story and are going straight to the action and the totally legal loli vampire.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-01, 06:32   Link #165
RDNexus

And I was hoping for the series to adapt up to Vol04, which I consider a good stopping point for a 1-cour adaptation.
This adaptation is trying to focus as much as possible on Hajime's badassness and Yue's cuteness (so far).
There was so much more in this story that made me wanna keep reading the LNs...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-01, 11:43   Link #166
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
The anime made him overly optimistic and inconsiderate to Kaori's feelings, at least compared to what I remember from the novel.
It's actually pretty consistent with the novels. Kouki is basically the living embodiment of the phrase, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." He means well, but tends to ignore or misinterpret anything that doesn't fall under what he deems to be correct. It's not as obvious in the anime, but there are hints of it in most of his appearances so far.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-01, 12:42   Link #167
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So, stupid but not malicious? That's something, I guess.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-01, 13:23   Link #168
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So, stupid but not malicious? That's something, I guess.
Pretty sounding words that he totally believes in but that are extremely shortsighted and based on stereotypes of popular culture. Its not an unique take or essential but the producers are blind to not realize the you get extreme black by putting extreme white behind it.

Spiderman would still be cool with out the baggage, but he's much more cool-er with it (when done right).

This is just a fanservice adaptation now with mediocre budget. I recommend nobody judge the story (of the original material) based on it.
Old 2019-08-01, 14:55   Link #169
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
And I was hoping for the series to adapt up to Vol04, which I consider a good stopping point for a 1-cour adaptation.
This adaptation is trying to focus as much as possible on Hajime's badassness and Yue's cuteness (so far).
There was so much more in this story that made me wanna keep reading the LNs...
I'm going to assume it's mostly going to focus on the harem members and the big plot moments while completely ignoring the details. Also I'm pretty sure I saw/read somewhere that they plan to do vol 4 too. Otherwise they frankly could have completely cut out the classmates thread like manga did. So it's probably going to be
Vol 2: Ep 5-7
Vol 3: Ep 8-10
Vol 4: Ep 11-12(13?)

The Hero: For one his name is Kouki, though I think it has only been mentioned on his adventurer's card. I don't want to go too much into it, because if we get to vol 4 we'll see how he acts under pressure. But I think I can talk about things that have happened so far in the novels.

As others have said Kouki is seemingly one of those all loving MCs, but in that he has an issue. He considers EVERYONE to be acting out of maybe misguided but good intentions. And anything that indicates otherwise he tends to just ignore.

Before the fall into the Abyss for example Hajime was trying to get better by training with a sword. He wasn't really good at it but he was trying. Except the group jealous of Kaori (Priest chick) giving him attention used "sparing" to beat him up, and it was pretty visible to others. In comes Kouki berating Hajime for not trying harder... Yeah, he saw what they were doing, but he couldn't get that these kids were actually bullying him and instead decided they were just being hard on him for his own good and joined in...

And here, quite a few people saw that the reason Hajime fell was because he was struck by one of their own. And I'm pretty sure quite a few people suspect it wasn't an accident given the positions and how much some hated him. But Kouki completely ignored all that because he can't conceive someone would intentionally shoot a team mate. Also during this entire thing up to now, Kaori has kept believing Hajime is alive (which was frankly a pipe dream) but he kept completely ignoring/being oblivious about it and his message tended to be unintentionaly (out of utter obliviousness) "just get better already" not getting she is grieving. Since Kaori caring about Hajime is kinda another of those things he selectively tends to be oblivious about it.

So TLDR, he isn't INTENTIONALLY malicious, but given that there is a disconnect between the world as he sees it (I'm the all loving hero goodyshoes and everyone is just misunderstood but if I use FRIENDSHIP everything will be fine) and the real world, he can unintentionally be REALLY damaging about things.
Also when I say "all loving Hero goodyshoes" I'm not being sarcastic so don't picture some guy who is just thinking that about himself while not doing anything of sort. He actually did do all kinds of charity things and like and is incredibly charismatic to boot. But it's just that in this world not everyone has good intentions and not everything can be solved by singing Kumbaya.

Old 2019-08-01, 15:05   Link #170
RDNexus

Ep05 is the end of Vol01, so that assumption can be assumed to fall flat.
Most likely, it's gonna be 5+4+4 up to Vol03. Anything else may have been rumors.
Old 2019-08-01, 15:09   Link #171
4th Dimension

Yes, there will be a bit of Vol 1 in ep 5 but that's really the epilogue. Since this adaptation tends to completely ignore the mechanics I expect us to have met the next girl by the end.

Also if they arne't going to do vol 4, than frankly they should have mostly cut the entire thread back with the classmates. The things relevant to the volume where couple appear could be done in a flashback since this adaptation really likes it

Old 2019-08-01, 15:26   Link #172
RDNexus

Check the Novel Thread. It's all I can tell you. You'll get it quickly.
Old 2019-08-02, 11:28   Link #173
topboy
poor man

Did it important to read LN ? or enough for watch only anime if I want only fun time.

My example is SAO I have enough with just anime only.
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-02, 12:43   Link #174
4th Dimension

Some anime only would be better to answer you that, but I'd say to get a better understanding you should check the LN or at least the manga. Though even manga that is not perfect.

Old 2019-08-02, 15:10   Link #175
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Anime only here. I'm personally enjoying it, even with the bad CGI, and generally understand what's going on.
Old 2019-08-02, 16:25   Link #176
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The Hydra was...a bit rough.

But at least I'm enjoying the show past that brutal first episode. I'm at least still liking the dynamic between Hajime and Yue. Doing a pretty good job backing each other up. He helps save her from the mental attack and from that KO blast that was launched at them. But, Yue also drags him to safety, makes sure to try and heal him up, and buys time by rushing out against something she wasn't in a condition to beat.

There are things I can certainly enjoy mixed in there.
Old 2019-08-04, 12:48   Link #177
Twi

Here's a cut content video explaining a ton of what was missed before Episode 1:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2019-08-05, 11:29   Link #178
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

We're finally through the first arc! If you ask me it's a shame they had to leave that place, it looked like a nice place to use as a base, though of course I think they're able to return there whenever they want.

Now to see how the love triangle develops between the loli vampire and the classmate, and how everyone will treat our hero who has come back from the dead and is now waaay too OP because he ate his way through the labyrinth!
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-05, 13:04   Link #179
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In some ways I like when a series just decides to pair up the leads and not fool around too much. These two walked through hell together and got through to the other side. No doubt this has been quite the journey anyways. At the very least they spent 2 months preparing to leave once they found a safe haven. Toss onto that the time spent getting to that hydra and that's a fair amount of time spent together. If something was going to happen that was the time for it. So I'm fine with them establishing where that relationship is by the time they left to the surface.

And I still kind of like how straight forward the initial goal is. Just find a way back home. Let this death trap of a planet figure out its own business. No doubt the plot will force them into situations, but their goal isn't to take on the gods of that world or overthrow the political structures. Find a way back home and freak Hajime's family out when he arrives. The loss of his arm, eye, physical changes, and the immortal vampire girlfriend he picked up along the way...

Not bad either to see where his classmates are at. Still just exploring the dungeon and slowly getting stronger as they go.
Old 2019-08-05, 13:06   Link #180
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Where's the snusnu?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, lowbudget