AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-01-19, 10:39   Link #161
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Lol @ princess getting jealous when Lux was getting it on with his childhood friend, when it really was Lux who saved her fived years ago. I mean I loved it when Phi was pouting at not being called Phi-chan and that Lux got goaded into the rebellion by using her wellbeing as the motivator, but honestly I feel more for the princess as it is the only past meeting that is actually shown so far. I love the dramatic irony with the "I wanted to be saved back then" when the very same knight-in-shiningblack-armour was in front of her all this time. XD

Now it's understandable why Hime doesn't recognize him since it was dark and he was in that dark armour, but why doesn't he recognize her? Possibly because he thought that she was just some random prisoner, or that he may not totally have been in the right mind due to the massacre, or a combination of both?

Still don't understand how'd Lux get the black sword when eps 1 clearly stated that he should combine his wyvern with his big brother's Bahamut. Heck, I don't understand why Big Brother didn't use the Bahamut himself. Which of course is probably going to be answered in the future, so I'll wait. I have this theory that Big Bro is the leader of Old Empire Rebellion in the present, but I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea that Big Bro overthrew the old empire only to come back 5 years later to reinstate it? Sounds weird AF, but so far the only one with ANY semblance of being an antagonist would be Big Bro so I dunno.

As for the pacing, I didn't mind it. Sure it's a bit rushed, but with the screentime focused on the actual childhood friend, the childhood friend that doesn't know she is one, and the blood-related sister that is acting like a childhood friend, I don't mind it at all. As far as I'm concerned, the less screentime for blue haired girl or even the rest of the harem as shown in the OP, the better.
"Bit rushed" is... they rushed 2/3 of whole 1st Volume here. Even AMA didn't do something like this.

Just small advice to everyone here, read 1st Light Novel Volume (and second one if you started reading). Your answers are there. You will understand more from story, see real character of Airi, how many scenes with Krulifer they cut and how badly 2nd ep was adapted...

Anyway, Krulcifer (that "blue haired girl") arc is next. Let's hope they will not butcher it like this arc and it will get 4 episodes. But if they rush it with 2 eps, well, then nothing can save this series anymore and we can even expect filler ending.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 13:52   Link #162
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Lux sharing a room with Phi, what a lucky bastard.

And she's the type that doesn't care if she is groped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Not even a bit surprised by the revelation of Lux's role in this episode. I mean...yeah, there were hints all over the place in the episode. Also, I think that felt pretty rushed.

Mm, I smell some jealousy coming from the princess.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Damn you Lux, already gathering up his harem. (and living with them in same room to boot, not to mention he's been given permission from the older sis to "take care" of her...)

Plus the entire school's girls are basically all his fans already and going kyaaa all over him...

Gone from slave-worker to Harem-maker, this guy makes fast changes. (if the Black Hero is anything to go by)

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2016-01-19 at 14:22.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 14:00   Link #163
RDNexus

Japanese fantasy wet-dreams. Nothing new by nowadays
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 14:24   Link #164
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Not enough Airi in this ep. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 14:59   Link #165
Zakoo

That was the most aweful episode ever I saw since a long time.

Litterally around 150 pages of the light novel were adapted in 12 minutes. It amazes how come in 2016, many other societies did this ( mahou sensou, or the recently gakuen 35), meaning buchering a novel to adapt as many scene as possible at the cost of characters relationship and development.

In the end, it won't sell, people don't read/buy Saijaku to see Lux in weird moment alongside the other girls. Too bad for them.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 15:05   Link #166
Wandering Soul

So Lux is revealed to be the Black hero, not that it wasn't obvious to begin with.

Jealous Lisha was actually pretty cute.
Old 2016-01-19, 15:17   Link #167
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
That was the most aweful episode ever I saw since a long time.

Litterally around 150 pages of the light novel were adapted in 12 minutes. It amazes how come in 2016, many other societies did this ( mahou sensou, or the recently gakuen 35), meaning buchering a novel to adapt as many scene as possible at the cost of characters relationship and development.

In the end, it won't sell, people don't read/buy Saijaku to see Lux in weird moment alongside the other girls. Too bad for them.
I still wonder how the heck those guys at Japan haven't yet come to understand such a thing? How I wish we could somehow enlighten them...
Old 2016-01-19, 15:23   Link #168
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
I still wonder how the heck those guys at Japan haven't yet come to understand such a thing? How I wish we could somehow enlighten them...
Because what they're doing ends up with more sales.

why lower your sales just to satisfy Light Novel readers?

It's the same deal with some Mangas... good mangas with long relationship and development tends to get knocked out of spot and drop/canceled... miss some of those series.
While those with random fighting, crazy shits and over-the-top ecchi gets high points and stays as the "tops" with high sales.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 15:33   Link #169
RDNexus

You did understand that we were talking about the crappy pacing of the adaption so far and how that will surely affect sales, since there are similar examples to base that statement... Right?
Old 2016-01-19, 15:50   Link #170
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Japanese fantasy wet-dreams. Nothing new by nowadays
You know what the irony is?
In fact the girls are just using the MC as a dog that brings them their newspaper

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 16:33   Link #171
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Awful adaptation.. what have you done?!
As manga readers, I could say they just rushed 10+ chapters in just TWO episodes!
everything is done too fast.. the dialogue sounds rushed.. important events are skipped
Spoiler for list of skipped event in my memory:

Lisha's background and Lux's background are covered slightly like it is not important at all *heck! it's the main plot!*
Airi's objection about Lux's resolution to use Bahamut was also pretty weak

Even if they put awesome battle CGs, they should not rely on it completely
I won't surprise if anime-only viewer would drop this anime
This anime supposed to attract some non-harem series fans if they focused on the plot but they seems wanted to deliver the same harem vibe

I don't know what would happened in future arcs... but for me, the things that attract me to this series have been ruined in horrible way
hopefully the plot would get more interesting and they would finally slow down everything
This adaptation reminded me of that dark-age when World Break and Absolute Duo (and probably Fafnir and one other) got butchered by the animation producer
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 16:58   Link #172
Sacredus

Let's try to be optimistic for the moment.

Maybe they want go with:
Vol 1 - 2eps
Vol 2 - 4eps
Vol 3 - 3eps
Vol 4 - 3eps
This is IMO only way to save this adaptation...
Spoiler:
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 17:07   Link #173
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post

Maybe they want go with:
Vol 1 - 2eps
Vol 2 - 4eps
Vol 3 - 3eps
Vol 4 - 3eps
Spoiler:
so far I never see this happened though... usually if they use 2 ep per volume at the start, they would continue to do so until the end
although I hope the author would actively interfere and decided which arc need to be focused more

I still try to believe though
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 17:51   Link #174
Shlugo

The episode felt very rushed. Like several times we suddenly had a transition to much later and something else is going on. And some scenes seem to be just condensed to bare bones to get them out of the way.

We get the standard model of pointless childhood friend who'll serve no purpose besides getting in the way. And the episode isn't even focused on her as we go back to Lux and Lishe.

Lishe is still the best thing about this series, and I like her trying together closer with Lux and is very nice to him. I also like how she's Drag-Drive mechanic that's pretty cool. Shame she's suffering from a LN backstory disease and blames herself for feeling bad when her own father abandoned her. And of course she had to lose fight here, since it's the second episode, time for hero to save the heroine.

Lux is just like he was in the first episode, bit meek and smarmy, but a good guy all in all. And of course he has dark past and is ungodly overpowered.

Then there's that other girl, Krulcifer I think, who I think is supposed to be important, but honestly leaves no impression on me.

Pretty standard second episode. I would probably be harsher if I read the LN because I get the feeling they left out a lot.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 17:52   Link #175
Hakuro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Yeah it's true there's counter example and it's not a general rule, you are right, which is why I will wait until April, after this the conclusion will be done.
I was giving a look at the stalker points - yes is too early to say something about it but there are some shows already having decent numbers - and Bahamut is placed at the bottom of the list.

Usually when certain anime is well received by the japanese audience those numbers - even from the first 2 or 3 weeks - provide us some hints about the later sell numbers, for example the list you posted is exactly the same as the stalker points list from the early weeks, showing how accurate they are with some variations around ~500 ~1000 points of difference - some shows sold more than expected while others a bit less -. I need to tell you everything below Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- is a failure or the so called "flop".

I don't have high expectations from this adaptation - considering what they did with volume 1 - so the best option for the fans is stay away from the anime and stay with the Light Novel.
Hakuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 18:33   Link #176
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post

Maybe they want go with:
Vol 1 - 2eps
Vol 2 - 4eps
Vol 3 - 3eps
Vol 4 - 3eps
Spoiler:
Yeah, be nice if they actually went ahead and did that. Though in the end I'd still be left asking, why not just do 3 episodes per? Even one more episode for this arc would have gone a long way.

Well let's hope for the best. Guess we'll find out in 2 more episodes .
Old 2016-01-19, 18:59   Link #177
James Rye

Not sure what to think of this series yet. Kinda felt like the last two episodes would have had enough development for like 4 or 5 episodes. And given what I read here it seems, this wasn't only a feeling but that quite some stuff was skipped to get to the juicy bits of this animated LN.

Looks like big sis headmistress ships Lux and her little sis Phi pretty hard. Here's to see who gonna win the silver/white in the end: Pink, blue or blond? XD

So was it Lux who killed all the soldiers back then in the revolution? Makes no sense in regards to his "Minise casulties". Same here, he killed dozens if not hundreds of Old empire rebells in a heart beat. Doesn't really fit his meek and harmless character he's shown so far.

If he had managed to do this whole carnage in his weak wvyern drag I would have questioned the usfulness of the princess superrare elite drag and equipment, but with this Bahamut drag it was okay because the drag is totally OP. xD
Old 2016-01-19, 20:32   Link #178
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I would like to remind everyone of the forum's spoiler policy.

In the discussion of how "rushed" some feel the anime is, a thin line between spoiling future events (or events skipped that may be shown later) is close to being crossed. Please be respectful of those who haven't read the source material and don't want to be spoiled.

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 21:25   Link #179
Hakai

4 episodes should go to V4

Or they can just be an ass and make a filler episode like Gakusen leaving us with 3 episodes per volume as well
Old 2016-01-19, 23:48   Link #180
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
4 episodes should go to V4

Or they can just be an ass and make a filler episode like Gakusen leaving us with 3 episodes per volume as well
let's hope for the former case, they already cut all of best girls scenes from the content of episode 2

Tags
harem, mecha