AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 3 11.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 37.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 25.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 18.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 7.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-01-10, 08:01   Link #21
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Savarin is a cake.
Oh, pardon my ignorance then, I'll edit my post

That being said, the name is much more TASTEFUL than Biscuit, Cookie, or Cracker

What nationality/culture is it from?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 08:02   Link #22
B214

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rum_baba
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 08:07   Link #23
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
I was going to say no Gundam ever had awesome OPs one after another, then I recalled Daybreak's bell and Ash like Snow from 00. The comparison effect will always kick in once the standard has been set high and make the other OP seem lesser in effect.
Gundam SEED & Destiny actually have good OP1 & OP2 in succession for both shows (but both has sucky OP3s). Gundam X & Turn-A also has decent OP1 & OP2. It seems the trend of OP2 being an improvement of OP1 ends after Gundam Wing.

The above are just my opinion of course.
Old 2016-01-10, 08:12   Link #24
Tenzen12

Strong start of new cour and Orga keeps failing have anything firmly in his hands. And it's alright he is still one of most capable gundam leaders. I wonder how he handle this situation. Everyone else get their moment of spotlight yet it doesn't feels it trying too hard. Me like.

That said, I don't understand why we got so mediocre OP/ED. They couldn't expect us be happy with it after Rise your Flag and Orphans
Old 2016-01-10, 08:28   Link #25
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Gundam SEED & Destiny actually have good OP1 & OP2 in succession for both shows (but both has sucky OP3s). Gundam X & Turn-A also has decent OP1 & OP2. It seems the trend of OP2 being an improvement of OP1 ends after Gundam Wing.

The above are just my opinion of course.
Going off what I know (and can remember), while it was true for Gundam Seed/Destiny, the visuals were quite similar, as well as the vein of music used too iirc. When the visual component of the OP is already accepted, slotting in the music becomes easier. And I forgot to mention the context of comparison was for two cour seasons. There's always an immediate assessment for one being better than the other when it's just for A vs B.

The immediate example that I can recall for two OPs being similarly good from recent experience is for Heavy Object, the visuals didn't quite match up to the first but the music used certainly was reminiscent enough from the first to even out the grade.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 08:29   Link #26
tiatiu

when will we see another gundam you know the brown one in op
tiatiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 08:33   Link #27
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Wonder how long before Fumitan is revealed to be a terminator maid from the future . Secret agent maid is such an overused trope in anime these days, i do wish we have some normal maid for once. Especially how obvious it was since ep1 that Fumitan is a spy of some sort.

Nice to see the confirmation that the Gusion is a Gundam as well underneath all the zaku-like armor. Seems like Tekkadan got a bunch of foster sister/aunt in the form of the Turbine harem seeing how intimate the pilots are to Akihiro.

I wouldn't be surprised if Teiwarz also have a hand in stirring the pot and went along with the plot. Rebellion in the Earth sphere is undoubtedly useful in political negotiation between the power brokers in Outer Sphere and Earth sphere.
Old 2016-01-10, 08:36   Link #28
CelestialNocturne
OrgoKnight

McGillis' new machine gives me Flag / Brave vibes, though in a good way. I always appreciate when a non-Gundam machine is given a spotlight of its own.
CelestialNocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 08:56   Link #29
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

they will get wiped out because the loli side-girl askin' biscuit to call his bro, which probably a gallahorn friend

and we have char clone now
Old 2016-01-10, 09:05   Link #30
Galaxian

I almost fell of my chair laughing when I realized that they were essentially shopping at Space Costco.

Also, I like, what I assume is, the new Gusion in the opening.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 09:11   Link #31
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I spy with my little eye a char clone in the op.
Old 2016-01-10, 09:14   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
I spy with my little eye a char clone in the op.
I'm more interested with the female Gjallarhorn pilot with a clown makeup. Hopefully she'll be an interesting character and not an evil bitch just because .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
And I forgot to mention the context of comparison was for two cour seasons. There's always an immediate assessment for one being better than the other when it's just for A vs B.
Actually, despite being a series with 37+ episodes, most Gundam series have no more than 2 OPs. The only exceptions are SEED/Destiny, AGE and 00 (if you count both seasons as one). So the "A vs B" comparison still applied to most series.
Old 2016-01-10, 09:17   Link #33
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Barbatos has some right arm gauntlet and a new weapon in the OP. I guess that's what it takes to make a 5th Form
Old 2016-01-10, 09:32   Link #34
Principalities

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Barbatos has some right arm gauntlet and a new weapon in the OP. I guess that's what it takes to make a 5th Form
That looks like a big blade small blade combo ala Exia....
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 09:32   Link #35
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

let's hope Biscuit's brother Mr. Cake manages to make out of the mess going on with the rebellion crap happening just okay, unless the theme for this series is losing your sibling,

which is a bit wrenching as Gaelio himself is the brother to Macky's future wife, unless what ever happened to him might result in feelings of guilt for Macky of failing trying to protect him & not sure how it will effect the marriage with her.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 09:36   Link #36
The 48th Ronin

Okay...

So our Char Clone is not only a lolicon but a chuunibyou, too?

Wilde guess: Fumitan is working with Nobliss to make a martyr out of Kudelia, and Nobliss is also the one who sent those weapons to the workers and pin it on Tekkadan. Wow, he wants to start a big war really bad.

The new OP and ED is pretty good.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 10:13   Link #37
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Wow the new music is just as horrid as the previous ones. As for the episode itself literally half the scenes were irrelevant (we did not need space Cosco) and it turns out Kudela's nanny was a traitor, who knew? Real shame they never really built that up. In fact it only further cements that this series insists on using talking parts that do not amount to anything, so much so that this episode should have taken place as soon as episode 8. Next episode looks like another forced helping of endless gibbering that eats up run time.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 10:40   Link #38
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Oh, pardon my ignorance then, I'll edit my post

That being said, the name is much more TASTEFUL than Biscuit, Cookie, or Cracker

What nationality/culture is it from?
French. It's a rum baba before the rum.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 10:47   Link #39
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Kudela's nanny was a traitor, who knew? Real shame they never really built that up.
.... um, I'm at loss of words.

I disagree with pretty much 90% of what you say, but this one just leaves me speechless.

I totally do not agree with this assessment, but *shrug* you're entirely entitled to that opinion.
Old 2016-01-10, 10:56   Link #40
Tchadnis

so if i get it right , chocolate man is about to turn char wanna be ? seem like this episiode Mika already smelled something fishy about the Nanny but oh well