AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-14, 06:02   Link #41
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
They really expected Iruka to stop Naruto? He beat Pain on his own. I guess Naruto's stupidity is contagious.
Forcefully trying to beat the crap of somebody who singlehandedly beat the 7 Pein is foolish idea. so TnJ the obvious choice.

Iruka happens to be the first person that ever acknowledged Naruto (and fully respected by him) and also 1 of 3 that could try to TnJ him to stay.. 1 had died in Pein's hand and the other IIRC is going berserk against 7 swordmen of the mist.. so yea..
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 06:34   Link #42
Sasheks
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: up on Melancholy hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Everyone needs to trust Naruto more. And Naruto also needs to learn to trust everyone. They shouldn't have lied to Naruto, but Naruto also needs to have more faith in his friends. Yeah, they are taking risks, but just like him, they have also gotten stronger. They are proving they can handle themselves. A Hokage has to have faith in others. He can't do everything.

I thought Team 10 was going to do some epic jutsu, but Naruto's vision just has them fighting Kakuzu now. But given they know how he fights, Kakuzu shouldn't be around much longer. So much for Choji saying he would end the battle.
It's not just about trust. Naruto wants to be there to protect them and to fight by their side. Because they are putting their lives on the line (and they are; even if they can take care of themselves) and Naruto's just chillin' , trainin' .

Chouji...I...
__________________
Sasheks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 06:53   Link #43
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
honestly, i don't see any reason for naruto to join the war now. what good will he be when their side is winning? in my opinion, he should return when they need him the most. while the chapter isn't a bad one, i just think it's too soon to release that chapter. it should come when their side is losing, when they couldn't possibly think of another way to stop madara. i've never been a naruto fan and quite frankly, the only time i found him cool was when he made that dramatic entrance with the frogs, his red cape and in sennin mode to face pain and put a stop to his rampage. now that was cool! kishi should write another scene for him that's similar to that one. as much as i dislike sasuke, i'd rather see him return and join the fray first before naruto enters the scene. let him rough up some folks first, get them flustered and desperate before naruto comes back to take charge. that would be epic. naruto joining the war now seems too early for me. just my two-cents.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 08:01   Link #44
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I don't think its time yet to say that Naruto is too early to fight to war. He was still being pursued and has yet to reach the battlefield. It'll take long.

Also, Naruto noticing a battle right now, I think this is a right time. It's early; he has hope to end this before serious shit happens. The question is will he reach in time. The battle is still early, anything can happen as long as there is still fighting. The table can still turn since we haven't seen any most of it.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 08:06   Link #45
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Everyone needs to trust Naruto more. And Naruto also needs to learn to trust everyone. They shouldn't have lied to Naruto, but Naruto also needs to have more faith in his friends.
No they don't. They lied to him because they thought he was incapable of following orders, that he would never listen, rush into battle and damn the consequences.
Naruto just proved them right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
The funny part in this scenario would be that Naruto has again done something foolish that turns out to be a good move.
That's a given, Naruto cannot go wrong.

Last edited by Hunter; 2011-04-14 at 08:43. Reason: typo
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 08:33   Link #46
Ulquiorra
Espada
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Unless Kishi has something crazy planned, I don't expect Naruto to see the battlefield for a long time. Otherwise all the side characters might as well go home.

The Madara preview is far more interesting. It seems like there could be two scenarios. Zetsu will find the location of the moving Daimyo and Madara zaps near them to talk. He then directly negotiates with the Daimyo. The Daimyo have already been portrayed as nitwits and distrustful of each other and the war. It wouldn't take much to turn one, two, or even three of them. They want the war over because it is costingl lives and more importantly money. Remember after the Kage Summit, Onoki's granddaughter actually thought it might be a good idea to hand over Naruto and Kirabi since this would also weaken Konoha and Kumo. The Daimyo without jin might decide that is the best course. That would change the war in a second and perhaps is why Kishi has shown the Alliance always winning.

Another scenario is that Madara has captured the Daimyo and will negotiate with A and Tsunade. Pull back your troops or the Daimyo die. This seems less likely because it would mean that too many things happened off panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasheks View Post
It's not just about trust. Naruto wants to be there to protect them and to fight by their side. Because they are putting their lives on the line (and they are; even if they can take care of themselves) and Naruto's just chillin' , trainin' .
That would have been fine if he said that. But Naruto didn't say he was going to fight by their side. He said he wanted to end the war himself and take everyone's burden. Just a repeat of the Pain fight. Again, he doesn't take his nakama seriously unlike say a Luffy. Naruto still needs to learn a lesson about friendship. This is why Kishi made a huge mistake by always having Naruto around an older babysitter. He should have been with his friends. Too many adults around Naruto.

Also this just shows that Kishimoto should of killed one of the kids. Or at least had them lose once. Naruto is going on about protecting them and yet nothing bad has happened. There is no effect to Naruto's words because all Kishi has done is show the kids win. I am sorry, but no one is going to get weepy over a bunch of fodder dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
but I believe Sasuke Vs Naruto is next on the cards. this is the perfect time for the main event to happen. bot are fully powered up, and nobody will interfere with the fight.
Way too soon for that.
__________________
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 08:41   Link #47
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
That would have been fine if he said that. But Naruto didn't say he was going to fight by their side. He said he wanted to end the war himself and take everyone's burden. Just a repeat of the Pain fight. Again, he doesn't take his nakama seriously unlike say a Luffy. Naruto still needs to learn a lesson about friendship.
Off topic, but, it happens all the time in shonen. Luffy does this too and takes the burden of facing the strongest threat to his friends if it's right in front of him. I could see that it's the same for Naruto.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 08:53   Link #48
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
That would have been fine if he said that. But Naruto didn't say he was going to fight by their side. He said he wanted to end the war himself and take everyone's burden. Just a repeat of the Pain fight. Again, he doesn't take his nakama seriously unlike say a Luffy. Naruto still needs to learn a lesson about friendship. This is why Kishi made a huge mistake by always having Naruto around an older babysitter. He should have been with his friends. Too many adults around Naruto.

Also this just shows that Kishimoto should of killed one of the kids. Or at least had them lose once. Naruto is going on about protecting them and yet nothing bad has happened. There is no effect to Naruto's words because all Kishi has done is show the kids win. I am sorry, but no one is going to get weepy over a bunch of fodder dying.
i agree on this. that's why i thought kishi should have killed off most of the adults and left konoha at the hands of the youngsters before this war began. naruto is old enough for crying out loud! i have yet to see some maturity from naruto and i was hoping that he would mature if there were no one else to protect him like say tsunade, kakashi or even iruka.

i still have a problem with this war. i agree that kishi has done things in this war that i wish oda had done with his. but i still liked how oda handled the war in one piece. there is no sense of urgency in this war, they're protecting a powerful ninja who could beat any one of them, where's the sense in that? and their side is winning on top of all that. if the ninja forces were losing and madara was steadily gaining control then maybe. but that's not the case here so far. this war, in my opinion, is not really a war. just a game, and madara has yet to play his ace. i want to see some real danger, some desperation on the part of the ninja countries. right now the war seems to be a joke. i had to keep reminding myself about the purpose of this war.

Quote:
Off topic, but, it happens all the time in shonen. Luffy does this too and takes the burden of facing the strongest threat to his friends if it's right in front of him. I could see that it's the same for Naruto.
i disagree. luffy does take charge when it comes down to it, but that's because he's the captain, the captain has to bear that burden. but unlike naruto, he trusts his friends, he accepts that they might die in a war. that's why he would usually fight the strongest fighter, someone that he feels his friends wouldn't be able to handle. at least that's how i see luffy. but in fairness to naruto he doesn't completely distrust his friends to get the job done. it's just that i have yet to see the kind of maturity in naruto that luffy displays when push comes to shove.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 09:07   Link #49
Sasheks
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: up on Melancholy hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
That would have been fine if he said that. But Naruto didn't say he was going to fight by their side. He said he wanted to end the war himself and take everyone's burden. Just a repeat of the Pain fight. Again, he doesn't take his nakama seriously unlike say a Luffy. Naruto still needs to learn a lesson about friendship. This is why Kishi made a huge mistake by always having Naruto around an older babysitter. He should have been with his friends. Too many adults around Naruto.

Also this just shows that Kishimoto should of killed one of the kids. Or at least had them lose once. Naruto is going on about protecting them and yet nothing bad has happened. There is no effect to Naruto's words because all Kishi has done is show the kids win. I am sorry, but no one is going to get weepy over a bunch of fodder dying.
First off, you're right.

Second it's because he already did it once (with Pain as you pointed out) that he feels capable of single-handedly ending the war. Even he realizes that he's only the strongest amongs them all. But yeah... it's a bit different since this is war. Not a 1on1 battle.
__________________
Sasheks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 09:14   Link #50
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i disagree. luffy does take charge when it comes down to it, but that's because he's the captain, the captain has to bear that burden. but unlike naruto, he trusts his friends, he accepts that they might die in a war. that's why he would usually fight the strongest fighter, someone that he feels his friends wouldn't be able to handle. at least that's how i see luffy. but in fairness to naruto he doesn't completely distrust his friends to get the job done. it's just that i have yet to see the kind of maturity in naruto that luffy displays when push comes to shove.
No. I think it's pretty much the same. Leader or not, Naruto has the same resolve. I don't think you can deny Naruto of that. And who said Naruto didn't trust his friends. It's not about trusting his friends, its about his resolve to stop the pain that those people dear to him is being endangered to.

Also, Luffy accepts that his friends might die in war? Get real. That's not a thing he would accept ever. He'll see to it that it wouldn't happen before his eyes.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 09:22   Link #51
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Also, Luffy accepts that his friends might die in war? Get real. That's not a thing he would accept ever. He'll see to it that it wouldn't happen before his eyes.
he does. he would stop it if he could help it but he will accept the consequences. otherwise, he would be a hypocrite because that's what he told princess vivi when she refused to risk anyone's life in war in fear of them dying. "it's a war, people die..." i think those were his words.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 09:25   Link #52
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
And those folks are those people he doesn't care about. The recent developments should tell you much.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 09:35   Link #53
Angelmonster
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Unless Kishi has something crazy planned, I don't expect Naruto to see the battlefield for a long time. Otherwise all the side characters might as well go home.

The Madara preview is far more interesting. It seems like there could be two scenarios. Zetsu will find the location of the moving Daimyo and Madara zaps near them to talk. He then directly negotiates with the Daimyo. The Daimyo have already been portrayed as nitwits and distrustful of each other and the war. It wouldn't take much to turn one, two, or even three of them. They want the war over because it is costingl lives and more importantly money. Remember after the Kage Summit, Onoki's granddaughter actually thought it might be a good idea to hand over Naruto and Kirabi since this would also weaken Konoha and Kumo. The Daimyo without jin might decide that is the best course. That would change the war in a second and perhaps is why Kishi has shown the Alliance always winning.

Another scenario is that Madara has captured the Daimyo and will negotiate with A and Tsunade. Pull back your troops or the Daimyo die. This seems less likely because it would mean that too many things happened off panel.
While it is "the duty of the Ninja to protect the Daimyo" I do not see ANYONE in Konoha giving Naruto over for their Daimyo, i do not even see Gaara giving him over. The other three Kage would probably attempt to kill Naruto before he is handed over because of the Moon Plan.

The only scenario would be Naruto arrives as Madara announces he has the daimyo and that he wants Naruto or they are dead and Naruto gives himself over. In doing so he does it to fight Madara away from everyone else.


Quote:
That would have been fine if he said that. But Naruto didn't say he was going to fight by their side. He said he wanted to end the war himself and take everyone's burden. Just a repeat of the Pain fight. Again, he doesn't take his nakama seriously unlike say a Luffy. Naruto still needs to learn a lesson about friendship. This is why Kishi made a huge mistake by always having Naruto around an older babysitter. He should have been with his friends. Too many adults around Naruto.
The reason he says this is because this is how he has had to act his entire life. The village is full of abunch of idiots, it is on par with two parents who never tell their child he/she is adopted and they are surprised when they get angry when they find out on their own. The village had to right treating him like dirt when his parents were the Hokage and they sacrificed themselves AND, technically, the well being of their child in order to save the village.

Naruto is shouldering the burden because he is the only one with the several sources of information needed to know what is going on. He understand Sasuke, he knows why Sasuke is acting the way he is. In his understanding he knows that he is the only one capable of stoping him. Yes Naruto's friends and superiors are great but what can they do if the combined Kage's had troube defeating him? shino Iki Chou? Are you kidding me?

Quote:
Also this just shows that Kishimoto should of killed one of the kids. Or at least had them lose once. Naruto is going on about protecting them and yet nothing bad has happened. There is no effect to Naruto's words because all Kishi has done is show the kids win. I am sorry, but no one is going to get weepy over a bunch of fodder dying.

Way too soon for that.
Nne have died, YET. Peopleeep saying "oh the good guys keep winning" but that is because th ebig guns in their arsenal haven't even made an appearance. We do not know if Pein can use the Paths and even if he can't you know Nagato will be overkill in power. The dead Kage's are probably incredibly strong, through the Mist' was pretty underwhelming.

We also have Madara himself who will probably have a Plot no Jutsu that allows him to fart auto-kills at anyone he wants. He has all of those uchiha coffins, he will probably be able to replace his eyes and use the special abilites all of those eyes you know will have.

I have a feeling once Sasuke comes some of Naruto's friends will bite the dust or be very close, that is when Naruto will come into the War.
Angelmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 09:48   Link #54
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
No. I think it's pretty much the same.
And you are wrong.
Luffy, and most main characters of this kind of story for that matter, fight the hardest battle yes but they don't have this ridiculous Messiah complex which Kishimoto brought into the story lately.
Those main characters don't fight their friends's battles and they don't think they are the only one who should do anything because it's their duty to endure all the hate and pain (sic) of the world on their own.

An apt comparison would be if Luffy decided he would become the greatest swordman, cook, navigator, etc. instead of his friends because he is the Chosen One who must do everything on his own and his nakama should stay home where they're safe.
Iruka is right, Naruto is acting like a child. A monstrously powerful child but a child nonetheless.


Then again perhaps Naruto is simply genre savy. He's right after all, the god of this universe favors him and nothing he does will ever go wrong no matter what he does.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 10:03   Link #55
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzoman View Post
Well well, I guess infinite chakra isn't enough; he needs another power-up; this time looking into someone's past/memories.
This seems to be an extension of Naruto's chakra sensing abilities which have taken several extreme upturns as of late. (Note, I'm not disagreeing with you, this was a very random power used seemingly only to give Naruto insight into his friend's battles.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Everyone needs to trust Naruto more. And Naruto also needs to learn to trust everyone. They shouldn't have lied to Naruto, but Naruto also needs to have more faith in his friends. Yeah, they are taking risks, but just like him, they have also gotten stronger. They are proving they can handle themselves. A Hokage has to have faith in others. He can't do everything.
There are 2 ways to read Naruto's statement: 1) Naruto will seek out Madara and Sasuke to end their conflict (which would end the war); 2) Naruto will spam Kage Bushin to defeat all the enemies at once. The 2nd option is obviously what most are considering, but I do have hope that the 1st option is what Kishimoto decides to take, because as you and others have mentioned, Naruto taking over his friend's battles (unless they need help) is downright rude and horribly distrustful.

That being said, Naruto was stuck on Turtle Island, which is seemingly some distance away from the battlefield (unless the Kages decided to stage their war right next to their supposedly hidden Jinchuuriki). So, Naruto shouldn't appear on the field for some time yet (enough time for Madara to do something that would make Naruto's pressence necessary...something like releasing Sasuke or the Bijuu).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
where's this from ?
The tagline for the preview for next chapter indicates that Madara will appear.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 10:04   Link #56
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
And you are wrong...
And that's not what I am trying to point out.

But I know what you're talking about.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 10:28   Link #57
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This seems to be an extension of Naruto's chakra sensing abilities which have taken several extreme upturns as of late. (Note, I'm not disagreeing with you, this was a very random power used seemingly only to give Naruto insight into his friend's battles.)
Potentially not so random, the fact that Naruto can discern events happening so far away with such accuracy doesn't just make a joke of the Byakugan, it could mean he doesn't have a huge need to open his eyes at all when fighting, well, someone.

Quote:
That being said, Naruto was stuck on Turtle Island, which is seemingly some distance away from the battlefield (unless the Kages decided to stage their war right next to their supposedly hidden Jinchuuriki). So, Naruto shouldn't appear on the field for some time yet (enough time for Madara to do something that would make Naruto's pressence necessary...something like releasing Sasuke or the Bijuu).
Distances have no meaning since Rock Lee suddenly popped out of thin air to fight Kimimaro, Naruto will appear whenever best.
But you're right, it would be logical for the author to sweeten Naruto's arrival either by making his presence on the battlefield suddenly necessary or as Ero-Sennin said by making Madara attack the island and capture Bee. Or both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
And that's not what I am trying to point out.
No? I apologize if I have mistaken your meaning then but if that's the case I do not understand your comparison with Luffy's role to fight the main baddy of the arc.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 10:51   Link #58
NightMare_Hibari Kyo
Nightmare
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hell
Age: 29
im really intrested to to see what will happen well im sure naruto is fully powered now but a long time ago i had a guess i was kinda sure that this manga will end sasuke + naruto vs the ultimate villan Madara i wanna see if it will go as i think or no :-)
NightMare_Hibari Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 11:08   Link #59
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 29
Best chapter in months.
__________________
http://img217.imageshack.us/i/clipboard01vt.jpg
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 11:16   Link #60
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Potentially not so random, the fact that Naruto can discern events happening so far away with such accuracy doesn't just make a joke of the Byakugan, it could mean he doesn't have a huge need to open his eyes at all when fighting, well, someone.
Whoever said it was accurate? All he sensed was fighting, and a lot of it. He does not know what exactly is happening, as if he was watching it.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, weekly chapter thread, weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.