AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-27, 01:10   Link #1
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
One Piece - Chapter 602 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

---

Somewhat disjointed, but here are the salient points…

Quote:
-Marines try to chase Luffy and company, only for Rayleigh to step in. Drawing a line in the ground, he dares anyone to step forward.

-The Strawhats come together. Brook arrives, makes a comment about Nami’s panties, and is promptly beaten. Sanji, upon seeing Nami and Robin, nearly dies from blood loss. And Luffy marvels at Franky’s new body. The entire crew has gathered together once again.

-Marine ships start attacking the Thousand Sunny. But suddenly to appear…is everyone. Hancock destroys some marines, claiming they were in her way (and Sanji gets a little hard just looking at her through binoculars); Herculesun makes a surprise appearance (using giant beetles as weapons), as do the Weatheria Professors (creating rain to block the marines), Chopper’s bird friend, Sanji’s Okama buddies, and even Perona makes an appearance (presumably, she is the one that led Zoro to the island). Presumably, Dragon’s men also show up…

-The Strawhats head to Fishman Island, where Luffy will meet up with Jinbei again…
james0246 is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 01:25   Link #2
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
I hope Perona and Herculesun meet, that would make an awesome cover page mini story.
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 01:29   Link #3
kiak666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Malaysia
Spoiler for Regarding Perona:
kiak666 is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 01:46   Link #4
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Epicness continues. What a send-off.
__________________
morbosfist is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 02:02   Link #5
raziel16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Epicness continues. What a send-off.
Yeah, that's why only "cannon fodders" marines are sent to capture the strawhats, so we can see them get obliterated
raziel16 is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 02:08   Link #6
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Yokosuka, Japan
Send a message via AIM to Freya
HUrray for "cannon fodders" marines!

I guess this is where the real 2nd half of the story begins. Merman island here we come!!!!!
__________________
Freya is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 02:23   Link #7
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post
Yeah, that's why only "cannon fodders" marines are sent to capture the strawhats, so we can see them get obliterated
Like half of those in attendance wouldn't kick the ass of Sentoumaru or Momonga if they tried something. All it means is they're leaving the big guns for the Straw Hats to beat up, as they rightfully should.
__________________
morbosfist is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 03:53   Link #8
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 30
so Hancock didn't see Nami or Robin yet ?
__________________
The Chaos is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 04:33   Link #9
kiak666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Malaysia
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
so Hancock didn't see Nami or Robin yet ?
Spoiler for Regarding Hancock:

And the pictures are finally out. Perona's new outfit consists of a black lolita dress, a black hat, a black umbrella and a doll resembling Kumashi. It was also shown that her hair is now free flowing and there is a bat tattoo on her left arm.

Last edited by kiak666; 2010-10-27 at 04:56.
kiak666 is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 05:17   Link #10
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
I was more hoping to see some of the upgrades the Thousand Sunny got.


Well, it took long enough, but the crew is finally on the way to Fish-man Island. They have been on the way there since after Enies Lobby.

You know things can't be too well since Whitebeard died. He was the presence that kept things safe.

I'm hoping the chapter after this one will be a bit more tame. Something funny and lighthearted about the crew back together again. It will be nice to decompress after all the drama since they were separated.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 07:05   Link #11
Paraden1989
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bridgeport, CT
I'm still waiting to see how Sanji reacts when he finds out that Boa loves Luffy!
Paraden1989 is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 07:26   Link #12
shankss
CP10
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Let me see...Crew regroups and then mentors comes out of goddamn nowhere just because it looks cool like that.

One of the most boring chapters ever produced in manga history.
shankss is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 07:46   Link #13
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Let me see...Crew regroups and then mentors comes out of goddamn nowhere just because it looks cool like that.

One of the most boring chapters ever produced in manga history.
This post is laughable. Boring chapter you say? ROFL, what a pill of shit you just spoke.
Knighto is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 07:50   Link #14
Bonta Kun
Know who you are
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Oh



For Perona!!!

I'm soooo happy we get to see her and in a new outfit, altho I really really liked her old one, new is very nice as well

I love how sanji reacts to seeing Boa, it's so fitting
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 07:51   Link #15
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

---

Somewhat disjointed, but here are the salient points…
Sanji gets a little hard just looking at her through binoculars

So wrong

Wonder what is the purpose of getting every one to "send them off" by helping to stop the marines. Other than the wow factor, it stinks of bad writing. These people don't have a good reason to be there or help them and the departure could have easily been sans the weak marine reception.
Hisoka?? is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 07:58   Link #16
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
^No, riiiiiight.... they have no reason, only two years of interaction with each one of the crewmembers... Seriously
Knighto is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 08:06   Link #17
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
^ they don't have a reason to just appear at the scene and the island. The farewell should have been done when the crew members left them. Just as luffy bid farewell to the girls.

And they have no reason to help them, if the strawhats can't get out of a small marine reception like that, they aren't going to be hopeful with regards to progressing.
Hisoka?? is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 08:11   Link #18
raziel16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Let me see...Crew regroups and then mentors comes out of goddamn nowhere just because it looks cool like that.
Exactly. Because it's COOL like that.. and fans love it.

Just another good ol' proven marketing technique: give the buyer what they want. Gotta know things like this to keep a series running for more than 10 years.
raziel16 is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 08:42   Link #19
ZeroForever
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: all and none
perona's new outfit looks more like a goth loli dress rather then the skirt design she use to sport.

either way it just features camoes from all the friends they had made, with each group helping out with the escape. Doesn't look like any of them are joining.
__________________
the anti-thesis of myself
ZeroForever is offline  
Old 2010-10-27, 08:49   Link #20
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
^ they don't have a reason to just appear at the scene and the island. The farewell should have been done when the crew members left them. Just as luffy bid farewell to the girls.

And they have no reason to help them, if the strawhats can't get out of a small marine reception like that, they aren't going to be hopeful with regards to progressing.
They have been together for 2 years, I don't think that's not good enough reason to help. And them sending the heroes off means that they did formed a strong bond for 2 years. Also this is a transition to them making way to straw hats dreams to the new world.

And small reception of marines? There's a bunch of them. Enough to stall them.
kakakka is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.