AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-11-10, 23:49   Link #41
Stifler

Sweet! Keep up the good work!
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 16:14   Link #42
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

sweet I can't wait keep up the good work ^^
Raykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 03:37   Link #43
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Keep it up. It's all up to you guys when I play my first eroge.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 04:59   Link #44
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Keep it up. It's all up to you guys when I play my first eroge.
[HARUHI MODE]CLANNAD IS NOT AN EROGE!!!!![/HARUHI MODE]

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 05:04   Link #45
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
[HARUHI MODE]CLANNAD IS NOT AN EROGE!!!!![/HARUHI MODE]

I knew I should have called it a Visual Novel, but eroge sounds so much cooler. What's the difference btw?
Old 2007-11-13, 05:08   Link #46
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
eroge is 18+, clannad is for all ages.
Old 2007-11-13, 05:15   Link #47
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
I knew I should have called it a Visual Novel, but eroge sounds so much cooler. What's the difference btw?
Well, there's a reason for the term eroge...

In that respect, CLANNAD does not have any ero scenes, so it can hardly be called an eroge.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 06:00   Link #48
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
Eroge just makes you sound that much more otaku :P btw good work on getting to 86 or so %... can't wait!
Itadakimasu! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 06:08   Link #49
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Well, there's a reason for the term eroge...

In that respect, CLANNAD does not have any ero scenes, so it can hardly be called an eroge.
Oh awesome. I was thinking it had ero scene's since I air had them. This just makes it so much better. Since one of the reason for me for not stepping in the Visual Novel world was, because of that.
Old 2007-11-13, 07:09   Link #50
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh awesome. I was thinking it had ero scene's since I air had them. This just makes it so much better. Since one of the reason for me for not stepping in the Visual Novel world was, because of that.
Most of the times, eroge VN (since eroge is a general mention for any game with +18 material, not only VN) are solely based on the plot, and the ero scenes are "rewards".
Seriously, these are not even part of importance of a VN story (some exception though), thus It shouldn't really change anything for the plot itself.

The fact there are ero scenes in a said VN doesn't lower its quality at all. It is ridiculous to think that if you remove them, the thing would be better. that's a mistake.
More likely, you can simply skip by using CTRL for most VN anyway. (That said, many people are missing gems like Tsukihime, just because of the mere mention of ero... *sigh* )
Old 2007-11-13, 14:20   Link #51
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Yes, for some reason people assume that an ero scene in a VN cheapens it somehow and makes it an overall weaker game. I personally think if it becomes intrusive to the main plot it might, but then again if that were the case it probably isn't a game worth playing for the plot anyway. Sex is a natural part of life, and I don't think people really need to be afraid of it.

I still love how people get so upset when somebody calls Clannad an eroge though. I doubt anybody means it as an insult, nor should it be considered as such really.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 14:30   Link #52
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Yes, for some reason people assume that an ero scene in a VN cheapens it somehow and makes it an overall weaker game. I personally think if it becomes intrusive to the main plot it might, but then again if that were the case it probably isn't a game worth playing for the plot anyway. Sex is a natural part of life, and I don't think people really need to be afraid of it.
Yeah, but it's more like with which characters say with Air or even with Kanon. I really can't see any of those character doing it anytime soon. >.>

The real reason I am not playing Visual Novels is probably because the games I want to play have no translations out. Though only 2 games I want to play are Kanon and Clannad. xD

OT:Just wondering if I get Kanon with the patch(was like 50% completed). Are there actual rootes that are completed? If yes which ones?
Old 2007-11-13, 18:54   Link #53
dgreater1
Misuzu & Kotomi Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I still love how people get so upset when somebody calls Clannad an eroge though. I doubt anybody means it as an insult, nor should it be considered as such really.
At least it's much better to tell them that it's not an Erotic game than letting them have an idea for a long time that it's an Erotic game. And I am not upset at all if some peeps call them erogame since people thought that KEY games are erotic, they just don't have an idea, that's what I always kept in mind.

Last edited by dgreater1; 2007-12-15 at 20:54.
dgreater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 21:40   Link #54
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreater1 View Post
It least it's much better to tell them that it's not an Erotic game than letting them have an idea for a long time that it's an Erotic game. And I am not upset at all if some peeps call them erogame since people thought that KEY games are erotic, they just don't have an idea, that's what I always kept in mind.
That's true as well, if that's what's somebody's looking for, Clannad isn't going to be up their alley. Excellent point.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 21:01   Link #55
rg4619

Quote:
OT:Just wondering if I get Kanon with the patch(was like 50% completed). Are there actual rootes that are completed?
No. Roughly the first half of the game was translated (all character routes partially complete), some routes a bit more complete than others.

Quote:
I personally think if it becomes intrusive to the main plot it might, but then again if that were the case it probably isn't a game worth playing for the plot anyway.
The problem is that

a) with the "pure love" genre, ero scenes are often tacked on, with little to no buildup. In some cases, the romantic element isn't developed enough (if at all) to justify sexual situations

b) often, these scenes are horribly written, with the scenarist (clearly not an erotica writer) hastily throwing them together to satisfy a market expectation
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 05:18   Link #56
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
The problem is that

a) with the "pure love" genre, ero scenes are often tacked on, with little to no buildup. In some cases, the romantic element isn't developed enough (if at all) to justify sexual situations

b) often, these scenes are horribly written, with the scenarist (clearly not an erotica writer) hastily throwing them together to satisfy a market expectation
This is mostly true but...

Spoiler:
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 17:11   Link #57
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
I found CLANNAD English Translation Patch compiled from transalation in Baka-Tsuki
You can found in here
And if you find any bug you can report in here too
And I almost forgot to mention this patch only work with CLANNAD + Voice Patch
To use this patch only overwrite file Seen.txt in CLANNAD installation folder

Last edited by Master Anime; 2007-12-13 at 18:44.
Master Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 19:14   Link #58
velocity7

I'm not sure if that patch works, as there are a lot of hacks we introduced into the code that may cause issues. Not to mention, the wiki changes on a daily basis, so a lot of the changes come in may not make it into that particular patch. That said, I haven't tried that patch, but I would advise against using it for the time being.

EDIT: Not to mention registering for that forum is horrendous. Requiring introduction and everything? =/

Last edited by velocity7; 2007-12-13 at 19:33.
velocity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 19:36   Link #59
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
ha ha sorry for the strict registration in the forum
because if the forum registration is not strict like that the spambot will attacked forum again
Old 2007-12-14, 18:17   Link #60
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
I'm not sure if that patch works, as there are a lot of hacks we introduced into the code that may cause issues. Not to mention, the wiki changes on a daily basis, so a lot of the changes come in may not make it into that particular patch. That said, I haven't tried that patch, but I would advise against using it for the time being.

EDIT: Not to mention registering for that forum is horrendous. Requiring introduction and everything? =/
As long as it works just a wee bit, it'll be good enough for me
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation