AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 68 56.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 28.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 10.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.83%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-16, 13:57   Link #41
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Oh my god..Nagisa is absolutely adorable here. I always think that she makes a perfect waifu, this episode just makes her even better at being a waifu.

KyoAni could always just have ONE kiss scene already. But Nagisa droppig the bomb is still... Tomoya's face after Nagisa has dropped the bomb

As much as I hate the weak girl type of heroine, Nagisa and Mizusu are still one of my favourite characters, despite still being the physically weak character.
Old 2009-01-16, 13:59   Link #42
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

No matter how many times I see it, be it in the visual novel or in the anime, I'm still amazed Nagisa's got the balls to say she's had sex with her husband in front of him and her parents. LMAO

It's only been a year or so since Tomoya's own graduation, which makes him about 19 this episode, and besides already wearing a wedding ring, he's already becoming a father. What other anime series do you see the main couple become parents mid-way through a series? The last one that I ever remember that happening was Dragonball.

To answer all you horny bastards' queries, no, there was no H-scene in the game at all, though it was implied that they were "doing it" as the narration switched to describing how things change. Secondly, I'm surprised they moved "that part" to before Nagisa becoming a waitress, in the visual novel, Tomoya only "did it" with Nagisa after hearing that the old school complex was to be torn down.

The other LOL had to be Akio's disturbing otaku habit of taking photographs of waitresses, and of his own daughter to boot. Though Akio scored plenty of GAR points with those two flirters, who made the major mistake of flirting with Nagisa in front of her husband AND father.

One more LOL mention must be given to how Akio and Tomoya gets goosebumps just by calling each other "father-in-law" and "son-in-law".

PS Besides Nagisa, who is adorable as ever, even after admitting to "doing that". Nishina and Sugisaka also finally get to show off their cuteness in that waitress outfit.
Old 2009-01-16, 14:05   Link #43
Kristen
*Author

Oh God... so much foreshadowing. This was quite the fun episode to watch, knowing what is going on and all.

Akio's bread is a bread that will pierce the heavens, naturally.

And I like how they're finally integrating the changing city into the plot. Wish they had started earlier, though.

And I really like how they did what I asked and kept Tomoyo/Kyou/Kotomi/etc out of the plot for the most part to this point. It's making them become nostalgic instead of redundant. I mean, think of Kyou's antics, and what do you think? You think that happened months ago, instead of thinking "Oh, she's still there, we can see her still." Love it, love it, love it!

And I am personally glad that they didn't show Nagisa+Tomoya making love, be it under a cover or just presenting evidence of it. Makes the love feel a bit more pure to me.

Really looking forward to the next few episodes.
Old 2009-01-16, 14:07   Link #44
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
And I like how they're finally integrating the changing city into the plot. Wish they had started earlier, though.
They did though. Remember Tomoyo's semi-arc?

[/snarky]
Old 2009-01-16, 14:10   Link #45
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Oh yes, amidst all the lulz, a theme that's been prominent in this episode is "change" (not the Obama-slogan), as in change happening to every person's surrounding.

Things change, people change, as you grow older, you understand it better. Like Tomoya seeing the restaurant when there was none before, or hearing that the old school complex is about to be torn down.

While it's difficult to describe in words, I know how Tomoya feels, after returning from my studies abroad, I suddenly there's a high rise office tower nearby where I live when before it was a market, and etc, etc. You have to go through a certain age to understand this feeling. (Damn, did I just admit I'm getting old?)
Old 2009-01-16, 14:12   Link #46
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Time to do a subs are out happy dance.
Old 2009-01-16, 14:21   Link #47
cbatty
Such is liff

It was nice to see Tomoya doing some self reflecting too. The anger about the school building being replaced seemed out of place but it was followed up nicely with Tomoya's thougt process as to questioning why he was so upset. Something we didn't get to see after his anger towards his father a few eps ago. I am still hoping they will follow up on that in a future ep.

Considering how the start of AS began, the main story is really picking up momentum now. Time is flying by. Can't wait until next week.

Last edited by cbatty; 2009-01-16 at 14:22. Reason: Typos be gone!
Old 2009-01-16, 14:28   Link #48
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
What part of Nagisa's line "Slept together" or "ecchi" have you missed?
I didn't miss it, you completely missed the point of my post though.
Old 2009-01-16, 14:39   Link #49
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Episode 14 article is up:

[RIUVA] CLANNAD ~After Story~, Episode 14

There's just so much to learn about the newlyweds from this episode, so many themes, so much development. It is definitely one of the better-executed episodes thus far in the series....I have no qualms giving this a 10.
Old 2009-01-16, 14:40   Link #50
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Oh yes, amidst all the lulz, a theme that's been prominent in this episode is "change" (not the Obama-slogan), as in change happening to every person's surrounding.

Things change, people change, as you grow older, you understand it better. Like Tomoya seeing the restaurant when there was none before, or hearing that the old school complex is about to be torn down.

While it's difficult to describe in words, I know how Tomoya feels, after returning from my studies abroad, I suddenly there's a high rise office tower nearby where I live when before it was a market, and etc, etc. You have to go through a certain age to understand this feeling. (Damn, did I just admit I'm getting old?)
Heh, you don't really need to be old to get it. It's more a matter of seeing your memories fade away. Maybe there is a fear that with a place gone, the memories die along with it?

Though his apprehension about the changing city might be foreshadowing something.
Old 2009-01-16, 16:09   Link #51
Bluejay
Paintballer/Drummer/Nerd

Did anyone else feel that the whole Nishina and Sugisaka and other girl with green hair thing was sort of... a half assed/weird character addition?

I couldn't help but think... "Their eyes match their Hair. That's cool.... They make up the colours of a TV for some reason.... Interesting"

It's as if someone said.... Name 3 colours, and they listed the 3 main ones, turning them into characters.
Old 2009-01-16, 16:12   Link #52
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

This episode was awesome !!! .. I can't believe Nagisan and and.............. had sex T_T NOOO Sunohara going to Kill Tomoya ... Aiko-san is hilarious especially the son and dad scene and also the Rap akio . Nagisan in maid uniform is sexy especaily the other two maids. I'm going to make my wife wear a maid outfit And the fact that Nagisan told her parents she slept with Tomoya was just crazy!! and Aiko's reaction when he held Tomoya in yhis hand was just pure awesomeness
Old 2009-01-16, 16:52   Link #53
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

This episode was made of win. The beginning alone (with Akio and Tomoya) was enough to merit a 10, but Nagisa's utter cuteness makes me wish there were an "11" option for the poll.
Old 2009-01-16, 17:08   Link #54
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Forgot to ask... after Tomoya says he's wondering if there's that light around them as well, we see Nagisa kinda frowning (well, to me it looks like she is). Is there some deeper meaning to that? Is she maybe hiding something?

Please remember spoiler tags (if its a potential spoiler).

Still, just gotta love the reactions:
Spoiler for size:

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2009-01-16 at 17:18.
Old 2009-01-16, 17:15   Link #55
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Forgot to ask... after Tomoya says he's wondering if there's that light around them as well, we see Nagisa kinda frowning (well, to me it looks like she is). Is there some deeper meaning to that? Is she maybe hiding something?

please remember spoiler tags (if its a potential spoiler).
I think she was thinking about a baby. Just because Tomoya talked about "a wish" after that expression was shown, it might have been something Nagisa had already been thinking about.
Old 2009-01-16, 17:37   Link #56
typhonsentra

Boy guys, they got pretty wild on their wedding night. Not only did they sleep in adjacent beds, they even held hands! Whoa you kids, take it down a notch!
Old 2009-01-16, 18:25   Link #57
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Very 1950 to early 1970s American television...up until Nagisa says what they did.
Old 2009-01-16, 18:27   Link #58
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Oh God... so much foreshadowing. This was quite the fun episode to watch, knowing what is going on and all.

Akio's bread is a bread that will pierce the heavens, naturally.

What's the big deal about the changing city?

Btw, did the game explain why Tomoya didn't take Nagisa's last name when they got married (instead of her taking his)? I always thought he would get rid of his family name the first chance he got.
Old 2009-01-16, 18:32   Link #59
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Best guess? He was working and she wasn't. I could imagine the difficulty in getting one's name changed at work might involve. New payroll stubs...new checkbook, new nametag, getting people to stop calling you by your old name.

Nagisa doesn't have those attachments yet.
Old 2009-01-16, 22:23   Link #60
acr429

just to get this out of my head
does anyone know if this is gonna end like the movie or is it going to have a new ending.
Closed Thread