AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-11, 14:24   Link #4481
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
MisterJB brings up a good point may other series go way more over the top in blood loss and have people survive, plus when you think about it... Just where did Isley store his giant body? It clearly didn't fit inside a normal human body, so just why can't Miria have some more blood it's not like the series follows all the laws of physics.
yeah ur right, well then agian becoming a claymore could give the ability 2 produce more blood.
Old 2010-11-11, 14:48   Link #4482
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
MisterJB brings up a good point may other series go way more over the top in blood loss and have people survive, plus when you think about it... Just where did Isley store his giant body? It clearly didn't fit inside a normal human body, so just why can't Miria have some more blood it's not like the series follows all the laws of physics.
Actually, according to Aimless, the question we ought to be asking is why, when Isley transforms, does the tremendous energy conversion (and heat is an inefficiency) not give off life-threatening amounts of heat. Basically everytime Isley transformed he should have been giving off Gigatons of heat, which is basically enough to fry him, everyone on the island, and probably all of the Claymore-verse into oblivion. Of course, that's if one is using actual physics like e=mc squared. You don't get nuclear oblivion with Yagi's sense of physics however.

If you're ever wondering why we don't see animals transforming in real life, Aimless' post ought to remind you why we should be thankful there are no Werewolves (who ought be dead anyways given physics): http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...43#post2313543

Here's a reminder of what Aimless posted:

Quote:
Oh, dear God. I can't take this anymore. I usually enjoy the wild speculations that show up in these threads, but trying to explain youki abilities using relativity? Argh!

Okay, time to set the record straight.

First off, some credentials. I'm a physicist (well, technically, still a grad. student, but until a full professor shows up that's the best you're going to get). I am, in fact, writing my dissertation on General Relativity.

Now that that's out of the way, let me say that the misconceptions most of you have regarding the subject are vast. The idea that you can somehow explain away the creation of mass by converting youki "energy" is absurd. As chiba mentioned earlier, the amount of energy contained in a even a small amount of mass is quite large.

Consider Isley. His human form looks to be about an average build, so as a rough approximation call it 100 kilograms. His horse form is... um... big. Using the ZACS as a metric to measure his size, I'm going to guess his body (the horse portion, not counting legs, arms, or the human torso) is roughly 2m x 2m x 25m or so (that's 6ft x 6ft x 75ft). The only animal on Earth approximating these dimensions is a blue whale. Using that as a guide, and adding in the mass of his legs and upper body, let's say that the total mass of his awakened form is ~200 metric tons.

This means that he changes mass by 199.9 metric tons, or 199,900,000 grams, when he changes forms. Thus, if this energy is coming from his youki, and we assume that somehow the conversion from energy to mass is 100% efficient (it would have to be, or the heat loss would vaporize his body and several nearby cities), he is converting the energy equivalent of 4,000 Gigatons of TNT into mass. This is substantially more than the total of the world's entire nuclear arsenal at present. In fact, it's enough energy that, if converted into thermal energy instead of mass, the resulting explosion would wipe out human civilization.

This amount of matter generation is not something that you can shout "E=mc^2," wave your hands, and magically explain away.

In fact, the powers demonstrated by the characters in Claymore are manifestly unphysical. There is no explanation for them other than "magic." Which is entirely okay, since Claymore is a fantasy series, but means that it's pointless to try to come up with speculation on the powers based on what we observe in our own world.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-11-11, 15:17   Link #4483
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Actually, according to Aimless, the question we ought to be asking is why, when Isley transforms, does the tremendous energy conversion (and heat is an inefficiency) not give off life-threatening amounts of heat. Basically everytime Isley transformed he should have been giving off Gigatons of heat, which is basically enough to fry him, everyone on the island, and probably all of the Claymore-verse into oblivion. Of course, that's if one is using actual physics like e=mc squared. You don't get nuclear oblivion with Yagi's sense of physics however.

If you're ever wondering why we don't see animals transforming in real life, Aimless' post ought to remind you why we should be thankful there are no Werewolves (who ought be dead anyways given physics): http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...43#post2313543

Here's a reminder of what Aimless posted:
I was recalling that very post when I said...

Quote:
it's not like the series follows all the laws of physics.
Give me some credit in recall stuff... it was that debate that brought me out of lurk mode and made me start posting here Me and Aimless both signed up April 1st 2009 due to Gangsta_Spanksta crazy talk and getting physics all wrong. I was actually typing up a similar post when I refreshed the thread in another tab and saw Aimless had beaten me to the punch... which was likely a good thing since he explained it far better than I was attempting to at the time
Old 2010-11-11, 16:29   Link #4484
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

We really need 2 bring peoples out of lurk mode and get them posting agian.

Here is some I though of while on the other site... What kind of sword would Raki's sword be classified under? Would his be a claymore, a normal broadsword, or another type of sword?

What kind of real world swords are similar to Raki's?
Old 2010-11-11, 19:33   Link #4485
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I would call it a normal broadsword - I think one of the translations called it a "Great Sword". In videogames, that's usually the largest, heaviest sword (2-handed only), but the one that causes the most damage.

You could also I guess call it a 'Bastard Sword", if you wish.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2010-11-12 at 12:09.
Old 2010-11-12, 09:09   Link #4486
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Well the org is gonna be attacked agian and this time Raki is finally there. What will happen with Raki when the ghosts get there? If there any of the ghosts that will recognize Raki it could be Dee. Reason why is Raki did say 2 Renee that he had talked 2 many claymore in his journey. So there is a good chance that he has talked 2 Dee.

Any Ideas?
Old 2010-11-12, 09:39   Link #4487
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Well the org is gonna be attacked agian and this time Raki is finally there. What will happen with Raki when the ghosts get there? If there any of the ghosts that will recognize Raki it could be Dee. Reason why is Raki did say 2 Renee that he had talked 2 many claymore in his journey. So there is a good chance that he has talked 2 Dee.

Any Ideas?
Yes, that could happen. There is however someone else who I think is more likely to recognize him, Helen. In ch25 while she was explaining claymore ranking system to Raki she was in a perfect position to have a good look at that scar on his face. Pretty much the whole point of that scar is so that Raki could be recognized after he grew up.
Old 2010-11-12, 10:20   Link #4488
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
Yes, that could happen. There is however someone else who I think is more likely to recognize him, Helen. In ch25 while she was explaining claymore ranking system to Raki she was in a perfect position to have a good look at that scar on his face. Pretty much the whole point of that scar is so that Raki could be recognized after he grew up.
Yes she could remember his scar but its Helen we're talking about.
Old 2010-11-13, 00:23   Link #4489
Traun
Tetris

Please, we all know what's on Raki's back.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-14, 12:14   Link #4490
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Ohhh, if its any tatoo its gonna be one of clare.
Old 2010-11-14, 14:03   Link #4491
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Ohhh, if its any tatoo its gonna be one of clare.
But with those glasses!
Old 2010-11-20, 22:40   Link #4492
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traun View Post
Please, we all know what's on Raki's back.

Spoiler:
that'd be awesome~!! XD lol then the 'chained up raki' gonna go say something like.. "you think these chains gonna hold me? who the hell do you think i am?!"

raki would look bad@ss and kewl while wearing those shades~
Old 2010-11-20, 23:41   Link #4493
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
that'd be awesome~!! XD lol then the 'chained up raki' gonna go say something like.. "you think these chains gonna hold me? who the hell do you think i am?!"

raki would look bad@ss and kewl while wearing those shades~
Yep, Raki then would proceed 2 rip Dae's head off! Then go see the giant blob that is his woman in clare!
Old 2010-11-21, 07:13   Link #4494
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Clearly you never watched Genocyber or Elfen Lied.
Ahhh!!? The good old days of Genocyber, I can still remember it all, as if it were today. Good pick @JB.
Quote:
But with those glasses!
Yea, tell me about it @Ryus, sort of remind me of Gurren Lagann.

Hold on!!!?, it is Gurren Lagann.
Old 2010-12-06, 16:05   Link #4495
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Turns out Raki's got a tatoo of Priscilla's arm insted of Claire.
Old 2011-03-16, 19:31   Link #4496
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Turns out Raki's got a tatoo of Priscilla's arm insted of Claire.
Yeah I know right haha. Though I was hoping that they wouldn't just rip the arm out of raki's back like that, was hoping he'd turn into a male claymore with the strongest monster's flesh+blood.

Dat'd be interesting.
Old 2011-03-21, 08:31   Link #4497
The Black Swordsman

Don’t know if this has been mentioned but now that the arm has been removed, what’s keeping the parasites at bay? Do you think Raki could now be overtaken by them?
Old 2011-03-21, 14:11   Link #4498
BlackMagister

Well if all they did was remove Priscilla's arm with the rods still being active then the MiB would kill Raki before he turns. Raki is a main character of course so this is unlikely.

The rods are probably just stuck in Raki and are dying/dead, if removed they will end up like the rods that were shot into Priscilla after she killed Alicia and Beth. Large rods can turn into hell cats on their own, but the small ones just seem to infect.
Old 2011-03-21, 15:23   Link #4499
The Black Swordsman

I believe they mentioned in an earlier chapter about wanting to capture one of the creatures to examine. If he was to turn then this would give them that opportunity to do so and would be a reason not to kill him.
Old 2011-03-21, 16:05   Link #4500
Nixl

I would assume Raki will be rescued with the rebellion otherwise I do not know who else could call out to Claire in the blob. Furthermore, a slight infection of his arm might allow him to interact with the blob. Who knows.
Closed Thread