AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-28, 19:10   Link #721
kureizero

My thoughts on Rumble is that he is very kite-able. His Q does a lot of damage early, and then falls off later on, and is only used as a slow late game for chasing and for generating Heat. His E I like and is strong for snaring, but leaves a lot to be desired in the damage department. His W is one of the stronger shields in the game. His ult is his strongest part. It does up to 840 magic damage at rank 1 and scales up to 1350 without items and has a total scaling of 1.75:1 AP, so it's quite amazing if you can pin people down while the ult is going off. His main problem is that he can't really build full AP unless you want to be an ult bot.
kureizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 03:40   Link #722
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ow lol , i mistook again Q & W...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 18:14   Link #723
Velsy

I've been playing a good 2 - 3 weeks now... At first the the Telekinese blade girl Irelia looked really interesting and rare. So I worked hard to farm up 6300. I only seen her used once and that was an enemy when I had 6200 ip alrready saved. Since unlocking her she like my main now and this week has been a real pain, because she was free and there were quite a few times when people took her before me ><

I ended up unlocking a tank class Maokia, but sorta regret it now because I should of bought runes. But I can admit, hes sorta fun. now have 6 Mark runes in armor penatration. but saving up to buy the Dodge 1.5 % which is expensive (why I kinda regret unlocking him for 6300) thats like 3 dodge runes there >< 4.5 %

Irelias combat style, story and gameplay I really like, so I consider her my main. Unfortantly, when I browsed the forums this week. Alot of people are complaing about Irelia and considering shes rare. They say shes immune to cc (which if I read the passive, 10 % 1 champion, and 40 % 3 champions.) I dont reallly understand. I still get slaughted/killed quiet often by other assassin stypes (ahem Noctune, Master Yii). I recken its because she gets away from ganks easier and alot of people only know how to gank. what they want there.

Her ult feel sorta underpowered, however it does have its uses. Was sorta hoping for a blade storm ult (where her blades go flying around her, say like the shards in nwn2)

Oh and she sorta does look a little animish O_o
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 23:32   Link #724
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Her ult is what nets most of my kills, and save my life uncountable times. The short cooldown is a big plus for it.
Old 2011-05-05, 01:02   Link #725
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Irelia's ultimate can be used correctly in two ways: first is to land a kill on runners, second is to strike champions through minion waves, going from 10% HP to 90% in 4 seconds. My favourite trick with Irelia is smart-casting her Q though. Its delay is almost zero, so when you can afford to kill any minion with one bladesurge, she's quite the sight
Quote:
saving up to buy the Dodge 1.5 % which is expensive
If you're talking about seals, the dodge seals give 0.75% dodge at 820 IP, I don't think there's anything pricier than that...unless there are dodge quints, which I'd really only recommend on Jax :P
Quote:
I dont reallly understand. I still get slaughted/killed quiet often by other assassin stypes (ahem Noctune, Master Yii).
Don't worry about it, assassins are meant to kill fast and die fast, at least till you reach mid/late game when they start building survivability.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 14:57   Link #726
kureizero

If you want physical defense on seals I would use flat armor over dodge. For one its cheaper and it is much better early game for most champions. The only two champions I can think of that use Dodge runes much more effectively than armor are Nidalee, built in heal /w AS buff and move speed increases after entering brush works well with Armor Pen and Nimbleness, and Jax which is self explanatory.

Flat Health Quints are usually an overall better choice for defense because of how much it helps early game over dodge.
kureizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 15:57   Link #727
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Dodge is a great choice for tower huggers, or when playing against tower divers. Most of them will risk a kill, and dodge has saved my butt quite a few times. It's also used on squishies, because armor needs health to be effective, while dodge doesn't...ofc it's all up to preference! Even so, I won't be getting any quints coz I love my flat HP^^ unless it gets nerfed more, in which case I'll switch to MS quints...
Old 2011-05-06, 07:54   Link #728
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Anyone noticed the water change.... srly this is ugly now....
Anyway Vayne looks interesting , Assassin Carry AD ?
Old 2011-05-06, 08:36   Link #729
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Assassin + Carry = does not compute :P Doesn't look like support, going by the title I assume she will be AD assassin. I'd say she's Ballanar's counterpart, but LoL doesn't have a day/night switch, hoping she's got stealth.
Old 2011-05-07, 01:12   Link #730
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Irelia's ultimate can be used correctly in two ways: first is to land a kill on runners, second is to strike champions through minion waves, going from 10% HP to 90% in 4 seconds. My favourite trick with Irelia is smart-casting her Q though. Its delay is almost zero, so when you can afford to kill any minion with one bladesurge, she's quite the sight

If you're talking about seals, the dodge seals give 0.75% dodge at 820 IP, I don't think there's anything pricier than that...unless there are dodge quints, which I'd really only recommend on Jax :P

Don't worry about it, assassins are meant to kill fast and die fast, at least till you reach mid/late game when they start building survivability.

Ah, yeah I would of put those as its uses.

I purchased 5 seal dodges for now. I''ll complete all seals in dodge I think. Runes for dodge are expensive, but I've always like higher dodge characters accross many games.

Ima convinced Irelia is my melee champion, dont know if I would play another melee class now O_o She has a good story too. Being near death in a loosing battle, then bouncing back with a heroic victory agaisnt the high odds! Then if you read Karmas, it mentions without that heroic victory, Ionia would of surrendered.
Old 2011-05-07, 13:28   Link #731
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Damn i missed Gragas 50% costs... so i took Irelia. Yup , she's very great. She fits better in Solo lane or mid(depends) I build fast a Sheen(with Mercury Boots) then Trinity.
Old 2011-05-07, 21:14   Link #732
Velsy

I've still only seen Irelia once except for that free week. Is she a realitivly new character ?
Old 2011-05-07, 22:41   Link #733
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nah, she came after LeBlanc, which was before Cassiopeia, followed by Caitlyn, Renekton, Nocturne, Brand and Rumble, so that should be...7 months ago? She's a rare one though.
Quote:
I build fast a Sheen(with Mercury Boots) then Trinity.
Rushing sheen is cool, but I never take triforce before 4th or 5th item, it's too damn expensive. I start out the same, then get a brutalizer, then some HP/AR/MR depending on enemy team, finish youmuu's, and then finish triforce. Bloodthirster if the game's not finished yet.
Quote:
Ima convinced Irelia is my melee champion, dont know if I would play another melee class now O_o
It's always good to have a backup champion of each class (carry, assassin, support, tank), just in case yours gets insta-locked in a game or the enemy team picks them in ranked.
Old 2011-05-08, 00:33   Link #734
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It may sound strange, but I build Guinsoo's Rageblade before Trinity. Rushing Trinity on Irelia isn't bad, because it's way too important for her. Usually I get Trinity after I finish my Rageblade and atk speed boots.
Old 2011-05-08, 03:22   Link #735
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Not really, rageblade's a popular early item for Irelia, especially if you skill W first. I see trinity force as a luxury item, the only time when I might make one earlier is if I don't need the survivability, i.e. when we're pubstomping the enemy team.
Old 2011-05-08, 06:16   Link #736
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Usually I only take 1 lv of W, and maxing out the other 2 skills as fast as possible to have the early burst.

And I don't know about Rageblade is a popular item for Irelia, since I got laughed at quite often for building Rageblade on her.
Old 2011-05-08, 06:35   Link #737
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Haven't really studied Irelia, but from what I gather she is often played as a sustained DPS with focus on W, although I prefer investing on her assassination skills and high burst, mainly with Q so as to farm decently and faster. I'll experiment more with her the next week she's free.

EDIT: Did the bot A.I. change since last patch? I was Renekton @ mid VS Annie Bot, owning her and pushing her turret, when she decides to leave mid from right in front of me and go gank top at 30% HP...then I got WW coming up from behind when I was 4 levels higher and he had less HP than I did...I think something broke

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-05-08 at 11:54.
Old 2011-05-08, 13:55   Link #738
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Apperantly the patch notes for next week got leaked. You can read about it here:
http://pastebin.com/bQiGRxdE

It is uncertain if they are real, so take ti with a grain of salt.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 14:08   Link #739
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So what do you think about Vayne ?

Passive = Mov speed , dunno how much but maybe she can easily Hit&Chase , Hit&Run , avoid gank , gank... , maybe a boot for first item ?

W = Lol "She rolls toward" , one more escape or chase.
Q = "The third consecutive attack or ability against the same target deals a percentage of the target's maximum Health as bonus true damage"
True damage , wow , it stings ! Combo with W.
E = Ranged Poppy
R =A bit Eve like but srly , 4x mov speed :O !

So Q->E->R->W ?
Btw , IG she looks like Bayonetta
Old 2011-05-09, 01:42   Link #740
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Mooooove speeeeeeed! So I'm guessing she will be a melee fighter?

Tags
league of legends, lol