AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 26 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 43 46.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 28.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 15.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-25, 04:55   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 26 (END) Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hanasaku Iroha, Episode 26 (END).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-09-25, 08:35   Link #2
deadite

Spoiler for ending:
Old 2011-09-25, 10:00   Link #3
Midonin
Last Engage

HSI The Final - Rewind. Press Play. Branch Out.

Very nice finale for the series as a whole. In some ways, it's back to square one for everyone, but because of the net sum of their experiences over the course of the series, all of them have changed for the better. That's the best sort of ending anyone could ask for. And it's not the only series this season to end with something everyone cares about not making it, but there's a silver lining to everything.

I got into this series mostly because of the hot spring setting. And there was no shortage of swimsuit scenes or bath scenes over the course of the series, but the characters, the concepts about work and family and ambition and all of that, and the comedy helped keep me there. The series as a whole turned out to be a lot less serious than I thought it was going to be, which helped to keep me tethered for it, with the exception of one or two weeks.

To elaborate on the characters a bit, my favorites were probably Nako and Jiromaru. Nako for being level headed but with her own quirks that make her as fun as the rest of the cast, and Jiromaru because, due to a complex and layered series of circumstances, seeing an artist trying to reach their dreams in spite of failure inspires not scorn in me, but sympathy. I admire his gumption, and in some ways, he has quite a bit in common with Taketo Akutagawa.

This is one of those series that falls outside my comfort zone (the drama part) while also falling into it (the slice of life comedy part), but either way, it broadened my horizons just as it did the characters'. I'm glad I could stick with it.
Old 2011-09-25, 10:12   Link #4
Peanutbutter

That was a beautiful ending. I'm so glad I got trolled again by the preview for this episode. At least everyone now moves on, enriched by their experience in Kissuiso.

The loveless side of me had hoped to see a little more Ohana x Kou, but that's really not the focus of this series. Guessed I'll take what I'm given.

Maybe I'll marathon the entire series when I have the time, and hopefully, improve myself a little as well.
Old 2011-09-25, 10:15   Link #5
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
pretty good episode. Kinda knew it was going to end this way, as we see in the Opening that Ohana is sitting on the train while we see the girls run inside (as a memory I guess)
Old 2011-09-25, 10:30   Link #6
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Not exactly what I'd call a memorable ending (or series for that matter), but it was thoroughly enjoyable nonetheless.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2011-09-25, 10:47   Link #7
Sides

Didn't expect an explosive final, considering the theme of the show, and it was fine.
Was it me or did Kou design became more feminine in the last few episodes, compared to the beginning of the show?
Old 2011-09-25, 10:50   Link #8
haru_sunye

Without getting into the specifics, I thought the ending did a good job of wrapping up a series that I've been enjoying for the past 26 weeks. Although I was kind of hoping that there would be...

Spoiler:

I'll miss this series! >.<
Old 2011-09-25, 11:13   Link #9
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Delusional. At beginning it was good, was hoping for a decent drama serie for all the characters, but it turn out to be a linear and weak comedy. All characters still the same, no progression at all, no climax, no future events. Finale was poor and bland.

The only thing i will remember about this serie will be the beautyful characters design and landscapes, no more.
4/10 my final verdict and personal opinion.
Old 2011-09-25, 11:35   Link #10
EroKing

The beginning kinda reminded me of Ookami Kakushi

Nako with her hair down and in pajamas once again was a real treat to watch Loved it when she shut off Minko's mouth for comparing Tohru with Ko.
She truly was the best character of the series
The ending was very nice. The only thing missing were some yuri moments

Ohana looked really cute this particular episode. Also those were some nice shots of Ohana's legs towards the end of the episode

Last edited by EroKing; 2011-09-25 at 12:02.
Old 2011-09-25, 11:38   Link #11
marcosius
Anime Critic
*Author

Very good end for me, nor definitive not disappointing.
Old 2011-09-25, 11:47   Link #12
Goggen

Damn, I really want to see a time-skip to them all meeting up again at the Kissuiso at some point in the future. But that's not going to happen.... sigh.
Old 2011-09-25, 12:01   Link #13
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Yeah I think this series sort of lost its footing a lit bit halfway in terms of what it wanted to do or who it wanted to do it with but for the most part it was a pretty enjoyable series. I was hoping for a time skip end as well, I think that would have been very fitting.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2011-09-25, 12:02   Link #14
revive4563

At last it's over. It was empty except feminism, unfortunately.
I didn't know about OKADA Mari but it's the only benefit from this series.

I'm gonna avoid her from now.
Old 2011-09-25, 12:11   Link #15
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's not very smart to close down the inn temporarily right when it was starting to get some good publicity, but it was probably for the better considering how incompetent Enishi is. It's good that he acknowledged it and decided to polish his skills (what did he do those past 20 years though...?).

They chose the easy way out of the romance triangle by avoiding a situation where Ohana would have to choose between the inn and Ko (yes, that was the true romance triangle of this serie). Aww, I wanted the inn to win
Ohana's wish sort of made up for that. Ohana and Sui's relationship was one of my favorite aspect of the series, so I found it very sweet and heartwarming.

I agree it was disappointing we didn't get a glimpse at the future of the characters. We can only hope they'll eventually be reunited again, and that Nako will get it on with Mizuno.
Old 2011-09-25, 13:19   Link #16
ookamigirl

Ohana & Ko reunited at Bonbori festival. She actually confessed to Ko!
Guess Ookami-san finally accepted Ohana..
So they decided to shut down Kissuiso after all...
Nice final episode ^^

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-09-25, 14:19   Link #17
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Having no glimpse of the future perhaps provides opportunity for a sequel?

---

Anyways, great ending episode. About as good as it could have been. However this anime is much too flawed and the best I can give it is a 7/10. It was infuriating all the way to the end. This show definitely had an IDENTITY CRISIS, whether people believed me or not. Still I managed to find some semblance of enjoyment even in the bad times, so it wasn't all bad.

Never before have I given 1/10 ratings and 10/10 ratings to a series in the span of just a few episodes .

Like other PA works animes, this show had a lot more going for it then it capitalized on.
Old 2011-09-25, 14:38   Link #18
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think the show had all the faults people have pointed out, but I still enjoyed it a lot -- including this final episode. Lots of great characters and ideas, but assembled into a fairly halting and unsatisfactory plot. Ohana, Sui, Minchi, Ohana's mom -- all enjoyable characters.

I loved it that Ohana and Kou could get together, but they sure didn't develop Kou's character much. And "if the places we find turn out to be the same...." leaves things open for a future separation, since it surely appears that if it came down to Kou vs. Kissuisou, the Inn would win.

In any case, this was one of the two or three shows I looked forward to most this season.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2011-09-25, 14:53   Link #19
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I liked how the family theme came out near the end; the family of the Shijimas and the family of everyone at the inn. They probably could have optimized some characters backgrounds and stories to actually fit in with the main story and not take up their own side episodes.
Old 2011-09-25, 15:08   Link #20
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
There were two major plot threads going into the finale.

1. The future of the Kissuiso, specifically if Sui would close it down or not. Here, the anime managed to be genuinely surprising (at least to me), and as someone who likes well-executed plot twists, I have to give the finale full marks here. Kanon raises a good point, though, about how closing down the Kissuiso right after it's getting some massive good publicity seems like such a real shame. But then, the Kissuiso probably lacked the sort of necessary competent long-term managerial leadership that it needed to make full use of that publicity.

2. How the Ohana/Ko quasi-romance narrative would resolve itself. Here, I think that the finale was a bit too understated, so much so that it almost seemed a bit coy to me. Given that this is the finale, I found that a bit disappointing, and it detracted a little bit from my enjoyment of this finale.

On the whole, the finale was a syrupy blend of saccharine sweetness with melancholic moving on, the sort of feeling you get when you graduate from and leave behind a school or post-secondary institution that you really like, or leave a place of work that you had been attached to. It's a feeling that probably captures the full sense of "bittersweet" as well as anything does. It's probably a good note for the anime to end off on, accentuated as it was by truly breathtaking artwork and animation, deftly displaying how PA Works has possibly become the premier anime studio when it comes to visual quality alone (at least for TV series anime).

On the whole, I give this final episode a 9/10, and I'll probably be giving the full anime a 8/10.

Hanasaku Iroha did have its hiccups along the way, as well as some stretches where not a lot seemed to be happening, but its highs were also extremely high, and they were plentiful enough that I will remember this anime rather fondly on the whole, I think. I think that it will age well for me.