AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 22 11.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 7.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 13.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 14.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 39 20.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 7.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 14 7.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 4.74%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.63%
1 out of 10 : Painful 19 10.00%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-22, 21:53   Link #81
Trudinh

here what i suggest new people who are beginning to watch this anime. watch ep 1-12 ep 12 gai die and shu and inori live, happy ending. dont go beyond that, you will be disappointed. who agree.....?
Old 2012-03-22, 21:55   Link #82
com_gwp

^Wait no, you're missing the good parts. The shurer parts. Highlight of the whole show. So damn hilabad.
Old 2012-03-22, 22:00   Link #83
Trudinh

u mean when he become an bad evil kings and be betray by his friend
Old 2012-03-22, 22:39   Link #84
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Ugh....not that I expected much better. But it's depressing to think that some of the same folks behind Geass made this. It reminds me of directors like john carpenter and m. night shyamalan...who have been capable of terrific movies and complete trainwrecks. How does that happen?
Old 2012-03-22, 22:50   Link #85
HighGuard

This was the most rushed and nonsensical ending I have ever seen. Just a whole lot of nothing going. And then there is that "epilogue" that made no sense what so ever....
Old 2012-03-22, 23:04   Link #86
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I didn't realize that Shu was blinded - I initially thought that his cane was just because he had been crippled. Briefly re-watched that scene and it seems that it is indeed a cane for the blind (or visually-impaired). It was also a bit ambiguous to me as to whether Inori survived or not. I'll go with the comments here and assume that she didn't. Both of those ideas makes me appreciate the ending quite a bit more, actually.

I presume there will be an overall series rating thread, so I'll save my general thoughts for there. I liked this ending, but it didn't move me in the way that a number of other series have. I suspect that part of this is because we as the audience were never really given the opportunity to get attached to Inori. For being a main character, her character development was surprisingly limited, and I feel as if she had less screen time than Ayase and maybe even Tsugumi. It seems to me that the shock factor, the part that is supposed to bring tears to your eyes and that heart-wrenching sensation, is Inori's disappearance. Without that sense of attachment, the emotional impact is minimal.
Old 2012-03-22, 23:12   Link #87
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I am truly pissed at this ending. I now have a taste of what Mass Effect 3 fans are feeling. They just couldn't give Shu a break.

The most I can rate this episode is an 8.
Old 2012-03-22, 23:13   Link #88
ArcApollousa

Shu: I'll get back Inori for sure..

3 mins later, after Gai's defeat
Gai: Go Shu, bring back Inori..
Me: OMG.. this will lead to a happy Ending!!

4 mins later..
Shu: Let's go together Inori..
Me: Wait.. will they die together??! Nooo...

2 mins later..
Shu: Inori noo!! (Shu is alive)
Me: You're a failure.. Shu.. always.. You even can't save one girl that you loved.. even u don't learn from Hare's case..*facepalm*

Epilogue:
Shu is blind.. Forever alone.. and a daydreamer.. EVEN HE CAN'T SEE THE WORLD HE HAS ALREADY SAVED!!!
Me: FIND A GIRL SHU! AYASE HAS AFFECTION ON YOU.. GRAWR!!
*flipping table*
f*ck the scriptwriter and the director..

I guess.. Sawano Hiroyuki put too much effort in composing and arranging the soundtracks...
Old 2012-03-22, 23:14   Link #89
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Personally, I felt the ending (as the way it had been constructed) was unnecessary. Of all the cries of saving Inori, Shu failed, utterly!! Unless one can look at it in a way where Inori's soul was saved and thus liberated, although I consider that concept as a cop-out.

It doesn't help by the fact that the upbeat EDs of previous episodes was totally misleading. So at the end, what do we get? A blind and crippled Shu. Nice!

Honestly, if I was Shu, I would have made the pledge to just go with Inori, because from my own personal observation, Shu had nothing to lose.

This is on the level of TTGL's ending, which I did not appreciate very much.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-03-22, 23:24   Link #90
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Anybody read Dune Messiah? Shu's conclusion totally pulled a Paul Atreides, though no children to speak of. I would like to think this the kind of end they were trying to go for, but the themes and characterizations necessary for it just aren't there. However, that might be giving them too much credit.
Funny thing is... since episode 20 I was thinking they were going to do a Paul Atreides route for Shu. I guess I was right.
Old 2012-03-22, 23:34   Link #91
leokiko

Now that this crap has ended, it's time for me to turn my brain off and go marathon it
Old 2012-03-22, 23:35   Link #92
whsie

yeah..., that ending is a summary of this whole show- a horribly executed piece of mess.
Old 2012-03-22, 23:38   Link #93
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
Funny thing is... since episode 20 I was thinking they were going to do a Paul Atreides route for Shu. I guess I was right.
Hmm, I cannot see the connection. One of the reasons why Paul did what he did was due to his dissatisfaction of how people made him out to be.

Shu on the other hand... despite his hatred for power, deliberately became what Paul Atreides loathed.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-03-22, 23:47   Link #94
dark998

Maximum mixed feelings towards this episode. For one side, Shu x Inori end is achieved but I would have prefered her to be in a more tangible form rather than inside Shu's mind. At least the writer didn't have the bright idea to pull an Ayase end out of nowhere. Terrible character.

Great music, action, final showdown between Gai and Shu complete with sword slashing together with Inori's soul like in the first OP, Shibungi killing Kido, Daryl going all out. All ok.

Sooooooooo: great series, not so great ending. Would rewatch and replace my TV version files with the blu rays.
Old 2012-03-22, 23:54   Link #95
Xaturas

Shu should have either die with inori together, or come out of crystals together. That ending was ...

As for ep the only thing that took my notice was authors trying as hard as they can to fit as many fanservice as possible.
Ayase boobs rolling around on the crash.
Tsugumi ass stick outs on firewall fights O_o.

Heck probably the only nice thing was Kazuma or whatshisname taking a bullet to his head.
And Arisa surviving ... hope she will work her ass out as dutch wife, since she no longer has family $$.
Old 2012-03-23, 00:01   Link #96
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Well, trainwreck of its season that's for sure. I started out just enjoying the ride because I was like "omg it's Production I.G.!!" and not looking too closely at the flaws of this show until it they became impossible to ignore. This show was basically a dog's breakfast in terms of pretty much everything. Maybe had it been a 30-50 episode show they would've been able to actually tell a coherent story... but then again... maybe not, probably just a longer trainwreck reminiscent of Gundam SEED Destiny.

Were they too ambitious? Were they too unoriginal? Were they pressed for time? Did the executives tamper with a promising formula? I'll never know, but what I do know is that this series is just asking for fixfics and alternate interpretations.

I'm not even pissed off that I spent 11 hours on this show... I'm just laughing right now.
Old 2012-03-23, 00:32   Link #97
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Hmm, I cannot see the connection. One of the reasons why Paul did what he did was due to his dissatisfaction of how people made him out to be.

Shu on the other hand... despite his hatred for power, deliberately became what Paul Atreides loathed.

- Tak
Well, this is not related to GC and is going to have heavy spoilers for Dune, so I'm going to contiune under spoiler tags. First of all, my apologizes if sometimes I'm hard to understand: I'm not a native english speaker and I read Dune into spanish.

Spoiler for Dune - GC comparison:

But I must say I read Dune books like 8-9 years ago, so maybe I'm confusing events and characters

Ok, Japan. If you're thinking on doing something inspired in a work of Asimov, PLEASE, DON'T. Thanks . Back in the past, I wished for I.G. adapting the Foundation series. But now... I think I'm going to pass .

Last edited by Zaresh; 2012-03-23 at 00:42.
Old 2012-03-23, 00:56   Link #98
bevan
Knight of Zero

I'm finally dropping this series..

The epilogue seemed abit off (not referring to Ayase's bust reduction, or the successful copulation of Funnell) but the ending shot of Shu connecting with Inori via her song coupled with the line from the ED was excellent.

I thought the Shu x Gai battle would be something epic along the lines of F/SN: UBW. It did venture into that path, with Shu and Gai wielding a similar weapon but it was ridiculously short.. The way the scriptwriters revealed Gai's motivations seemed like a plaster pasted over a cement crack - and the plastering was prevalent throughout the second half of the series. Bit disappointed in that

Just one question mark though,

After Shu took over the string from Inori, I realised he wasn't in his original pose (during the crystalization) anymore.. So probably his arm disappeared along with the crystals he was absorbing which begs the next question, how did he ninja himself out of the collapsing wreck? Last I recall his segway was already out of service. And he has no more voids/or did he ninja'ed Ayase's?

8/10 for me though, coz the heartstrings were pulled, no less to the use of the soundtracks.
Old 2012-03-23, 01:09   Link #99
Ddraig

Congratulation Shu you SAVE THE WORLD but couldnt save Inori.... wtf was that ending.
Old 2012-03-23, 01:36   Link #100
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
what... the ... ?

they should have finished the series at 12, but then they decided to make more and the writers got lost... sigh...
Closed Thread