AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 9 18.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 41.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-03, 14:29   Link #81
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Really if you just skip the very end of the fight it was a really good episode overall.

A good look at Aila's backstory though most of it could already be pieced together to this point. Was a bit of a surprise in regards to that ability she had. That certainly puts her up with the elite just because that ability makes just about any kind of opponent struggle against her. Aside from Hax Knuckle I'm not sure anything else in this tournament could have won against a motivated Aila. Too bad the people at the Flana Institute were more determined about making her as miserable as possible rather than motivated...Apparently the scientists who were enjoying their jobs didn't wrap their heads around the idea that people do better when they don't constantly hate what they are doing.

I will say good plan from Sei. I hadn't considered the option of using that gem from the start of the series to help bridge the gap. Certainly did the trick creating a good moment for things to mostly get cleared up. Props as well for Fellini. Dealing with a pissed off Reiji is never good, but someone had to do it. Even though he'd be the most upset about the state of his Fenice it was just more important to do something about that guy.

Was nice to dispel the negativity with the pure hiliarity that the battle turned into at the end. Finally a chance for Aila to pretty much say "screw you" to all the people causing her to suffer. I'd still rather see most of them jailed, but I'll take what I can get.

Only Reiji can throw around "hey I was homeless when I got here and it all worked out" . Really not going to find a lot of people like Sei's Mother that will just take weird and random kids into her home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
^ Agreed. I don't think they would've won against the Renato bros. they had major issues at the ocean spa huge mech
I'm sure it would have been fine even against those guys. Best not underestimate the hax that is the RG System . Clearly the writers spent all their time figuring out the characters and the unique skills of the units and then suddenly realized they actually needed Sei and Reiji to win, thus insert Build Knuckle against everyone .
Old 2014-03-03, 14:45   Link #82
Death Usagi
Banned

I am sure Sei's mother will love Aila considering how cute she is

It's like adopting a daughter xD

But where is Sei's Dad the Gunpla police in this whole thing when Team Nemesis were using an illegal suit?!
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 15:03   Link #83
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post
Her quick reactions greatly depend on reading the flow of the particles. If the Build Knuckle does something weird/unusual with the particle flow, which it does, then it's reasonable that she won't be as great against it as the others.

The SBS in RG mode does its best against people whose skill rely on particle manipulation (Nils, Aila, Mao to a certain extent), which so happens to be the best in the tournament. Against those without it, it's just Reiji's skill.

Which means that, if Baker manipulated the seeding, then she unwittingly gave Reiji/Sei the better path to the finals. The other path had Luang and the Renato brothers.
It's a catch 22.

The "Old guard" like Fellini's generation focused on raw skill.
The "New guard" like Nils and Alina focus on particle manipulation so they are able to trump over the old guard.

Reiji and Sei are wild cards combining the two together. Reiji with his skills and Sei's knowledge of Gundam and particle manipulation which allows them to trump over the New guard.

Against the old guard they would definitely struggle because if you strip the "particle manipulation" then it just bogs down to raw skill and people like Fellini are really just that plus experience.

In any case while the fight was less than what I hoped for this episode was really about Aila and Reiji.

Though these "sponsors" are throwing an awful lot of money into this tournament. I mean what's the prize?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 15:05   Link #84
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Though these "sponsors" are throwing an awful lot of money into this tournament. I mean what's the prize?
Profit, the smile of one's grandchild, fame, future research funding, food, etc.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 15:07   Link #85
Death Usagi
Banned

Looking by Aila's concept of being able to see Plavsky Particles' flow and how RG System makes it flow out a lot, also the phenomenon with Reiji and Aila with the stones, just makes you wonder what Plavsky Particles are.
Old 2014-03-03, 15:09   Link #86
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Looking by Aila's concept of being able to see Plavsky Particles' flow and how RG System makes it flow out a lot, also the phenomenon with Reiji and Aila with the stones, just makes you wonder what Plavsky Particles are.
Tears of Gunpla fanboy gathered throughout the ages.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 15:10   Link #87
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
Tears of Gunpla fanboy gathered throughout the ages.
=___________=
Old 2014-03-03, 15:13   Link #88
Raso

Is it me or was the scaling off this episode? Those trees and flowers looked way way to big when compared to mobile suits.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 15:24   Link #89
kuroihikari2

The last 16 kinda makes you appreciate Sei and Reiji's 2-headed dragon. Usually, in Gundam, it's just ace vs. ace, but here they really highlighted the mechanic/weapons officer. Both the wins against Nils and Aila couldn't have happened without Sei's genius intervention.

Gundam has had it's shares of leads who were both the ace and the mechanic, but I haven't seen one whose lead is only the mechanic. I think it'd be really hard to appreciate this in a standard Gundam series because the heat of the battle involves the mechanic far away from it, but the setting here allows the writers to highlight that the wins of the aces are as much the mechanic's wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
Is it me or was the scaling off this episode? Those trees and flowers looked way way to big when compared to mobile suits.
I think it's the intention of the field setting.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 15:59   Link #90
Raso

http://m.imgur.com/oZlO5yt Kira?
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 16:23   Link #91
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
Eh... doesn't look like him...
Old 2014-03-03, 17:05   Link #92
hai_san

Aaaaaa that was a nice ep, just the right amount of drama plus twist and a "happy ending"! The fight scene could be a bit more spectacular well not all fight can be like "final boss"...

I am happy for Aila how the fight ended was just great, hax knuckle is right to call it, because i think without it Reiji&Sei would have lose for sure...

ps: just a idea how good would be SBS if Aila was piloting it... i mean if she is going to live with Sei's family...

Last edited by hai_san; 2014-03-03 at 17:16.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 17:12   Link #93
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

This is probably one of the best episodes of the series so far.

The dark vibe the episode gave off from beginning until right before the end, was well received by I. IMO, it served to make the end all the warmer & heartfelt.

Aila's backstory could've been pieced together beforehand, but still, what they showed here wasn't a waste of time because it really helped with that indeed heartfelt ending. Her ability to sense Plavsky particles was also another talent that was discovered in the gunplay world. There's now building talent, control talent & sensory abilities involving Plavsky particles. Also, those gems hold the secrets of the Plavsky particle as seen when the close-up of Sei's was shown. Only a matter of time before they become a plot point before the show ends.

Reiji's anger was his way of finding a reason to fight her as noted by many character. Which is nice to see, since its basically their way of recognizing the potential ship. Aila's face when Reiji exclaimed that he wouldn't forgive her, that face said it all, the girl's in love. As a shipper, this episode couldn't make me any happier. I got my fill, they even pulled out the cliché "we have our own world" setting & even gave it a legit reason, which is that the Plavsky particles responded to the gems that Reiji brought with him. We got to see Aila's helplessness at the current situation, plus being caught between a rock & a hard place. With Reiji offering one simple, yet silly solution, all her doubts are erased.

Special bonus points awarded to that part where her hair is shown blowing back with the flowers in the background as her MS blew up. Its like saying, Cupid's arrow pierced her heart as that was happening...lol (Sorry, I let my inner shipper run wild...XD)

I wonder though, will she really come live at Sei's house or was that just used for a convenient solution & she's just gonna stay elsewhere?

Good for Aila. She put everyone in this place & basically said shove it. Glad to see that she finally accepted gunpla & sincerely had fun at the end when she & Reiji were basically flirting. Her character's come a long way since her introduction. This is what I call development.

Still, even with her precognitive abilities, she couldn't dodge the RG system's Build knuckle. Sei's building ability is beast. Well, in the control department, Reiji definitely outclasses her, the precognition puts her on par with him, but without it, she's just below world class level.

Bonus points also go to everyone in the arena making those faces when Reiji & Aila were playing, especially Sei's. Did anyone catch that face when Reiji told him to use the RG? That was priceless.

Overall, the episode was very enjoyable & the shipping couldn't make me any happier. All in all, I'll give it a 9/10. It just fell a little short of a perfect 10 because the ending was a bit too silly for me to handle.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 17:44   Link #94
Kurohane

It was a really good episode this week. Aila finally has a place where she can belong. The tournament is reaching it's final stages. Lastly, we discover more about Reiji.

However, I'll start with one of my gripes about the episode. Really, I had to facepalm at the beginning. That truly marked that this is game anime show. Reiji wasn't upset about Aila for lying about her name or her involvement in the tournament, but the way she battled. Her keeping things secret weren't a problem. It was her ruthless battling in a toy battle competition that was unforgivable! You really know it's game anime series when you hear something like that. It was something to be expected, but still, actually hearing it, and being said quite blatantly at that, was really -_-. There were other things that should have taken priority. I mean she was unconscious after the battle for crying out loud. That itself should have raised some alarms.

Reiji didn't know how to handle all this. The whole group didn't, but Reiji especially couldn't cope well with it. And that's to be expected, considering his personality. However, we find that he didn't really hate Aila, but was forcing himself to hate her, as a sort of coping to deal with the crappy situation he's in. Fellini being the adult took the time to try to help Reiji, by allowing him to let out his pent up frustrations. He didn't want Reiji to go into the battle like that. The most important thing in any situation is to enjoy the battle, not act out of vengence. Reiji after thinking still couldn't find an answer, but decided the best way to go through this battle is basically not think about. Sounds like him, and is better than the way he was before.

In addition, Sei also thought about what he could do. Reiji and Aila are basically on bad terms now, and as a friend, what could he do to help them mend their broken bond. He does this while looking at the gem Reiji gave him, as a hint to what happens next. Next scene, we find China running towards Aila, wanting to give her a good luck charm, to find that it's the gem. Sei must have asked China to give it to Aila, hoping it would help Reiji and Aila understand each other. It did, with a reference of the Trans-Am from the 00 Raiser Gundam. I had to laugh afterwards, with Reiji and Aila arguing and messing around, and everyone hearing it was dot-eyed. They were all thinking, "What are they doing?"

Also, Sei and Reiji truly make the perfect duo. With Reiji being the skilled pilot, Sei's ingenuity gives them a great edge as well. On numerous occasions, he saved them from difficult situations with his gundam knowledge and imagination. This episode again exemplifies this with adding paint to the Vulcan rounds to make the clear bits visible from all the dust.

The director of Flana has gone from the episode before hinting to be sympathetic to full blown jack*ss this episode. Most notably as he reaches to turn up the juice of the embody first chance he got, and without being told to this time. Also, we have flashbacks of him viewing Aila basically as resource rather than a human being. He thinks the money he's paid her is enough as an exchange for all the blatant disregard to her health. Also, he constantly threatens to send her back out on the streets for any disobedience. Because apparently, gunpla battles are such serious business that it's enough to basically experiment and exhaust an orphan.

Alas, Aila, I'm so proud of you! Telling off your boss, and sponsors at the same time. We learn she has a precognitive ability by being able to see the Plavsiky particles. It's like predicting your opponents attacks through their muscle contractions, only here it's the particles surrounding the Gunpla. That's how she's been able to predict who will win in battles since her first appearance. Maybe her parents worked at PPSE, and she was exposed to the Plavsky particles before being born, resulting in that ability. This could be an interesting sub-plot, if true. Her parents discovered the secret of the Plavsky particles, and were "disposed" for having such knowledge. Aila had to be have been orphaned due to some reason. Looks like she'll be living with the Ioris from now on. I wanted Ral to have adopted her, but Sei's house is a good consolation. I mean the Ioris are a loving family.

Heh, Sei was shocked at the news. He was like, "Reiji, you can't just decide something like that on your own!" An actual logical point. They have to ask Sei's mom first, before promising something like that. However, China also reacted to this, though probably not for innocent reasons like Sei. China's probably thinking, "A GIRL living in Sei's house? No!" Mao had to give one "MISAKI-CHAN" at the end, though it was somewhat random. He really can't go a day without thinking about her, especially when seeing boys and girls interacting with each other.

Enter plot device #3 with a third gem embedded in the CEO's pocket watch. Also, we finally know Reiji's full name. I know it will get explained eventually, but Reiji also dropped a big alarm with his "On the honor. . ." line, and no one commented on it besides the CEO. We don't even get a "What's he talking about?" from Sei, Nils, or anyone. That isn't something you hear everyday.

Anyway, overall, it was a good episode. Next week: Exia Dark Matter.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2014-03-03 at 21:26.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 17:53   Link #95
DeathBloodBass

Theory

When Reiji's bracelet, Aila's necklace, and the chairman's pocket watch glow they all coincidentally have the same green gems.

And as Nil stated the glow increased the plavsky particles, implying some sort of relation between them.

The other two jewlery also hints that more of these green gems exist and can also be found on Earth.

This also explain how to chairman knew about Reiji and Aria.

I also believe the chairman called the gem the Arista
DeathBloodBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 17:58   Link #96
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBloodBass View Post
When Reiji's bracelet, Aila's necklace, and the chairman's pocket watch glow they all coincidentally have the same green gems.

And as Nil stated the glow increased the plavsky particles, implying some sort of relation between them.

The other two jewlery also hints that more of these green gems exist and can also be found on Earth.

This also explain how to chairman knew about Reiji and Aria.
What other two jewelery? The only "stones" that appeared in this world were the ones Reiji brought, the one on his bracelet, the one he gave Sei which he made into a necklace which went to Aila, and the Chairman Mashita's stone.
Old 2014-03-03, 18:14   Link #97
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
What other two jewelery? The only "stones" that appeared in this world were the ones Reiji brought, the one on his bracelet, the one he gave Sei which he made into a necklace which went to Aila, and the Chairman Mashita's stone.
He's implying that maybe the Chairman stole more than his pocket watch gem. The gems might be Arian's crown treasures (or the secret of how to make them). And that each battle station has a gem in it, which is what produces the Plavsky particles.

Last edited by Kamui04; 2014-03-03 at 18:25.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 18:21   Link #98
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Where did Inchou/Sei get that necklace from?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 18:22   Link #99
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Where did Inchou/Sei get that necklace from?
First episode. That's the jewel/gem that Reiji gave him, when he told him he'd come when he needs help.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 18:24   Link #100
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
First episode. That's the jewel/gem that Reiji gave him, when he told him he'd come when he needs help.
I thought they were these because you see the particles in it in the next shot.

Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote