Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-10, 12:30   Link #6861
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

This news got to FMP! News, too:

http://fullmetalpanicnews.blogspot.d...nd-volume.html

Quote:
A "FTA" project related to Full Metal Panic! Another is in development. It was announced in Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype Ace magazine.

"FTA" most likely stands for Free-to-air and by Wikipedia definition could mean a radio play or a television series ... including Anime.
Oh my...
Old 2012-07-10, 12:32   Link #6862
FeistyDreams

No one seems to know what FTA means... There's no info on the FujimiShobo page as of yet, and a search in Japanese has just shown me that the Japanese fans are as confused as we are about it. Nothing on anyone's twitter accounts, either. I'm gonna keep checking every few days or so for more info...
Old 2012-07-10, 12:33   Link #6863
SkoolRumble4Ya

My hopes for the anime rise again.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:35   Link #6864
monir
cho~ kakkoii

That is a FANTASTIC NEWS! Whether or not it will materialize to anything reamins to be seen. It's still gives all the FMP-fans a lot of hope for a potential new anime season.

We need a thread, yes?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:36   Link #6865
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
No one seems to know what FTA means... There's no info on the FujimiShobo page as of yet, and a search in Japanese has just shown me that the Japanese fans are as confused as we are about it. Nothing on anyone's twitter accounts, either. I'm gonna keep checking every few days or so for more info...
It won't be that early to be revealed though, and if it isn't revealed by now then it means it isn't a rushing project, so we can wait.

But let's not forget Gatoh's word about a "surprising secret project in 2013", though I don't really think we will have a new anime this early......(Jeez, look at all those new animes and you know what I mean)
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:40   Link #6866
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I've copied our posts in the following thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113288

Let's take this discussion there.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 12:53   Link #6867
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

My life is so f***ed up after I take on the night time job......

Seriously Gatoh, STOP USING FEMALE CHARACTERS AS THE BOOK COVER. I'm so fed up by all those borderline animes and their original novels in these days......And I flat out dislike this trend.
Spoiler for basic translations of the preview:

And there's a limited edition of Volume 5 (released in 2/2013) with a red Blaze Raven (Robot Tamashii). But Robot Tamashii are pretty expensive already (the blue Blaze Raven will release later this year), and I don't too fond of them over Revoltech anyway.
(Still their lineups are pretty attractive......)
Old 2012-07-18, 15:36   Link #6868
Hippo
Careful now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Seriously Gatoh, STOP USING FEMALE CHARACTERS AS THE BOOK COVER. I'm so fed up by all those borderline animes and their original novels in these days......And I flat out dislike this trend.
Gotta say I agree - all these clothes with bits of flesh showing is the kind of thing that would make buying it from a shop really awkward for me. Of course, I would put up with it if I meant I could actually buy them in shops (and in English!)

Another doesn't really appeal to me partly because of that kind of marketing, it just doesn't look like my kind of thing and if it wasn't FMP there is no way I'd be interested in it.
Old 2012-07-21, 18:05   Link #6869
sputkin101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
Gotta say I agree - all these clothes with bits of flesh showing is the kind of thing that would make buying it from a shop really awkward for me. Of course, I would put up with it if I meant I could actually buy them in shops (and in English!)

Another doesn't really appeal to me partly because of that kind of marketing, it just doesn't look like my kind of thing and if it wasn't FMP there is no way I'd be interested in it.
Ugh! Same here. BTW is the FMP Another Novels and Manga going to be translated into English?
sputkin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 11:22   Link #6870
Sumeragi
Banned

I don't mind the cover at all. I like it, actually.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 12:10   Link #6871
FeistyDreams

To be fair, there's only 4 volumes and there's 2 covers with girls, 2 with boys. There's the bonus cover for volume 3, sure, but it's not the main one, it's there for the people that want it. Those that don't want the fan service cover can stick with Yusuf *shrug*
Old 2012-07-22, 12:58   Link #6872
sputkin101

Ok, slightly unrelated but thought I should mention that six months after TOKYOPOP USA died the licenses for the first four FMP! Novels expired! Now leagaly the fan translation can restart!
sputkin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 00:46   Link #6873
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
To be fair, there's only 4 volumes and there's 2 covers with girls, 2 with boys. There's the bonus cover for volume 3, sure, but it's not the main one, it's there for the people that want it. Those that don't want the fan service cover can stick with Yusuf *shrug*
Heh, just my feeling towards the recent trends among LN. Once in a while I go to the plaza which sells many ACG stuff, but what I saw upon those Light Novels......Ugh.
Old 2012-07-23, 05:31   Link #6874
GardenAll
Haruhi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputkin101 View Post
Ok, slightly unrelated but thought I should mention that six months after TOKYOPOP USA died the licenses for the first four FMP! Novels expired! Now leagaly the fan translation can restart!
THAT is a great news, someone from BakaTsuki arround here?
GardenAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 20:02   Link #6875
Raikou-Neko

A couple quick things - Japanese companies have been pushing much harder to fight translations without licenses. This includes manga, anime and light novels...The only reason fan translations have flourished is because the American companies and legal system have been very tolerant.

Another note - Otakon announced on their web feed that there will be a live action movie premiering at their convention. After watching the trailer...I'm rather shocked and disgusted. They claim it to be a high quality film, but the overall production seems terrible. The costumes, acting and actor choice just seems terrible. Not to mention that they totally skipped way ahead of where the American audience were dropped off. I think it's literally 4 books ahead?

http://fullmetalpanicthemovie.com/co...-movie-trailer

Last edited by Raikou-Neko; 2012-07-23 at 20:05. Reason: Forgot to add something
Raikou-Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 15:27   Link #6876
MidoriHiME

Lmao it looks terrible. Are we sure this isn't some terrible joke? It looks like something a bunch of poor college students threw together, and the wigs look like they came from the Halloween store

...looking at the production credits, yeah, it looks like it's just a terrible indie film. How the hell did they afford the rights to FMP?
Old 2012-07-24, 16:18   Link #6877
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriHiME View Post
...looking at the production credits, yeah, it looks like it's just a terrible indie film. How the hell did they afford the rights to FMP?
They didn't, it's fan made, no one was paid anything for working on it.
Old 2012-07-24, 18:04   Link #6878
gordol
Banned

So the Robot Damashii MP Shadow will come with the Dragonfly Close Combat System for the Blaze Raven. I wonder what's this weapon, a gun/blade combination?
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 14:40   Link #6879
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Gato mentions that someone from the series is coming back. He says it is "that man".

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 19:17   Link #6880
SkoolRumble4Ya

Damn I wanna read it so badly but cannot read Japanese.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen