AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-28, 20:52   Link #9961
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Ya you just hit the water. It's no different than by dragged by a fast boat.
You're not very familiar with the Law of Conservation of Momentum, are you?

Quote:
It also might be that thing inside him prevents him from dying. He should've died many times and it's been implied by many people including the doctor from v16
Possible, but Imagine Breaker should be completely suppressing its influence.
Old 2011-04-28, 20:55   Link #9962
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
It also might be that thing inside him prevents him from dying. He should've died many times and it's been implied by many people including the doctor from v16
Being durable and standing up without being defeated are few of the most treasured shounen hero traits, to be honest aside from regenerating his own arm he has done absolutely nothing that he wasn't expected to do just for being the main character.

Even the Accelerator, who is supposedly really soft physically has been pull off stunts of standing over and over again when he is not supposed to.
Old 2011-04-28, 21:01   Link #9963
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Even the Accelerator, who is supposedly really soft physically has been pull off stunts of standing over and over again when he is not supposed to.
Like Kihara beating the crap out of him.
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-04-28, 21:09   Link #9964
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
You're not very familiar with the Law of Conservation of Momentum, are you?

Possible, but Imagine Breaker should be completely suppressing its influence.
1. Not really but i'd prefer being thrown and skipping across water 3 times as to being beat by a police baton to the head or being beaten up by Aqcua

2. That thing has the possibility of being higher than god and to me seems to have helped him out before against Izzard. Some say Izzard was doubting himself and thats what caused the missing but now that we know that with his arm cut off the thing casually split a star destroying attack in two moving blades to the side isn't that unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Being durable and standing up without being defeated are few of the most treasured shounen hero traits, to be honest aside from regenerating his own arm he has done absolutely nothing that he wasn't expected to do just for being the main character.

Yes it is but like Kuroi is saying there is a limit.

Times touma was supposed to die or thought to have by many people.

-Kanzaki says iirc that Dragons Breath kills anyone it touches. He just lost memories.
-Mikoto says she thought touma should've been dead after he was thrown by accelerator.
- Biaggio crushes Touma with his crosses showing blood in the place touma was and he comes back like that never happened.( I hope its cuz of the supernatural and not willpower or I too call bullshit)
-The doctor in V.16 says he cant believe he's alive and he should have drowned.
-Grows an arm
-Survives landing in the Arctic Ocean where it says the Star of Bethlehem itself was crushed under the pressure. He should already die as soon as he is in that water.
Old 2011-04-28, 21:13   Link #9965
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Times touma was supposed to die or thought to have by many people.

-Kanzaki says iirc that Dragons Breath kills anyone it touches. He just lost memories.
-Mikoto says she thought touma should've been dead after he was thrown by accelerator.
- Biaggio crushes Touma with his crosses showing blood in the place touma was and he comes back like that never happened.( I hope its cuz of the supernatural and not willpower or I too call bullshit)
-The doctor in V.16 says he cant believe he's alive and he should have drowned.
-Grows an arm
-Survives landing in the Arctic Ocean where it says the Star of Bethlehem itself was crushed under the pressure. He should already die as soon as he is in that water.
My god is un-killable
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-04-28, 21:21   Link #9966
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Plot armor :P learn to live with it (this is 1 of the reasons I have a normal hatred toward protagonist)
Old 2011-04-28, 21:23   Link #9967
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Plot armor :P learn to live with it (this is 1 of the reasons I have a normal hatred toward protagonist)
What main character doesn't have plot armor?

I think Fukiyose should be killed off. Right Phibirzzo?
Old 2011-04-28, 21:23   Link #9968
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
1. Not really but i'd prefer being thrown and skipping across water 3 times as to being beat by a police baton to the head or being beaten up by Aqcua.
No you wouldn't. The force of the initial impact required to throw you hundreds of meters like Acqua threw Touma would be tens of thousands of times what's behind the police baton. You'd die from it.
Old 2011-04-28, 21:24   Link #9969
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
And there is a worst situation in the series, just look at Mikoto, so far 0 scratches. Thats a ridiculous one Plot Armor and at max she just got tired .

Quote:
No you wouldn't. The force of the initial impact required to throw you hundreds of meters like Acqua threw Touma would be tens of thousands of times what's behind the police baton. You'd die from it.
Yet Touma didn't die.
Old 2011-04-28, 21:30   Link #9970
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Yet Touma didn't die.
Which is my problem.
Old 2011-04-28, 21:31   Link #9971
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Mah, doesn't still got my "he's a god" argument to back me up on his miracles.
Quote:
Frantic footsteps echo throughout the hospital in the night.
This is the emergency resuscitation hospital on the 7th level in the 22nd district.
The patient transport bed wheels let out *kacha-kacha* sounds, and numerous paramedics are surrounding the patient’s bed as they move along, the loud sounds outside can be heard inside. The paramedics who were busy pushing the patient’s bed leave the rest to the doctors and nurses. After that, the doctors and nurses all gather in the centralised treatment room before disappearing behind the large doors of the operation room.
“…Finally managed to complete the operation. To be honest, I can’t say whether he can still be considered safe,”
The young doctor says after seeing the patient's bed pushed out of the operation room and back into the centralised treatment room.
Now that the visiting hours are over, the corridor of the hospital is rather quiet.
But right now, there are many shadows walking in the dim corridor. A large crowd should be the correct term here, consisting of males and females, young and old: a group of around 50 people. Some are leaning their backs against the walls, some are sitting on the sofas, but all of them are listening to what the doctor is saying. Some of them have tattered clothes, and some of them are bandaged all over. Furthermore, red blood spots can be seen on a majority of those wearing white.
They're a group that call themselves the ‘Amakusa’, and as for what kind of organization they are, the doctor doesn’t know. To be honest, this is a truly suspicious group. If a large group of people like Skill-Out were to come into the hospital, there would definitely be a large number of delinquents in the waiting room. Thus, the young doctor doesn’t intend to pursue this further.
“Let me explain this for a while, so all ordinary folks should calm down. Now for the specifics: the patient’s entire body is covered in bruises from blunt trauma, and he has a slight concussion. He also showed signs of dislocation in his right shoulder and left foot. His insides are also a bit damaged from the impacts.”
“…In other words, you just can't determine his condition now, right?”
The black beetle-haired huge man carefully chooses his words before asking.
The doctor exhales deeply.
“It should be considered a miracle… the worst case scenario would have been if oxygen were unable to flow into his brain well enough from being underwater for so long… that was really dangerous. Fortunately, there wasn’t too much harm from it,”
The young male doctor says as he looks through the digitalised injury report.
“However… even with multiple witnesses, the ‘reason’ that caused this is still unbelievable. The human body was blown away from the metal bridge several hundred meters, bouncing off the lake a few times and finally sunk into the water… though I can't believe this, but to be caught up in such a serious situation, it's amazing that he would dare to even take a walk outside.”
Like i said before its not like he got up like nothing happened.
Quote:
Mikoto hurriedly rushes up to him. Normally she wouldn't show this reaction. She knows that this boy normally loiters around town during night, to Mikoto it's an undesirable but inseparable relationship. Even though they often butt heads and fight, worrying is rare.
However, Mikoto now faces a situation that forces them out of their normal behaviour patterns. This is because Kamijou Touma is in an abnormal condition.
His face is pale as if he had been immersed in a sea of ice. The bandages wrapped all over his body have slid off due to moving too much. Some of them are even dyed red. The clothing he's wearing is also strange. It's not the student clothes she's used to seeing, but rather it looks like the surgical gown of a hospital patient.
"Misaka...?"
Kamijou says this as he barely keeps his posture by leaning against the pillar of a street light. There are electrodes taped to his cheek and arm, the cords even being dragging along the ground after him. Were they forcibly pulled loose? Looking at his eyes Mikoto's shock is renewed.
It isn't noticeable unless you look close, but Kamijou's pupils are dilated the wrong way. His eyes aren't focused. It's like he's gazing at scenery through foggy glass. From Kamijou's own expression it looks as though he doesn't realize it himself, or as if he can't afford to pay a trivial thing like that any mind as he braces himself.
"..."
Kamijou's lips moved a little, but Mikoto's ear couldn't pick up what he saying. However, he separated himself from the street light with a slow movement and began walking again. He attempts to pass Mikoto by but at that moment his knees give in. As he's about to fall to the ground, Mikoto frantically supports him.
Old 2011-04-28, 21:34   Link #9972
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Like i said before its not like he got up like nothing happened.
He shouldn't even be conscious.
Old 2011-04-28, 21:37   Link #9973
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
He shouldn't even be conscious.
Thats what the doctor is implying.
Old 2011-04-28, 21:42   Link #9974
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Thats what the doctor is implying.
His wounds wouldn't be that light in the first place. They would be... I'd be begging for death in the very rare chance that I survived, wasn't brain dead, and wasn't a vegetable with no unbroken bone in my body.
Old 2011-04-28, 21:47   Link #9975
Flere821
Lurker

This is Touma we're talking about here, not 'you' or anyone in real life... physical limits aside, he can't stand it if others are hurt protecting him. He'll go and try to help even if he has to crawl there.
Old 2011-04-28, 21:47   Link #9976
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
His wounds wouldn't be that light in the first place. They would be... I'd be begging for death in the very rare chance that I survived, wasn't brain dead, and wasn't a vegetable with no unbroken bone in my body.
Quote:
“It should be considered a miracle…
same as surviving in the Arctic ocean and not being crushed by water pressure.

Plus like okashira said, this is an admirable trait of shounens.
Old 2011-04-28, 21:47   Link #9977
Sandinwater

Do remember that Touma is a character of a FANTASY novel, so haha nothing in this novel can ever be compared to reality. If this was happening in the real world, I think we would all be dead by now. O_o
Old 2011-04-28, 21:48   Link #9978
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Now that i think about it, someone should do that mikoto x touma scene
Old 2011-04-28, 21:49   Link #9979
Sandinwater

Quote:
Now that i think about it, someone should do that mikoto x touma scene
Been waiting for someone to bring up that idea.
Old 2011-04-28, 21:51   Link #9980
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
This is Touma we're talking about here, not 'you' or anyone in real life... physical limits aside, he can't stand it if others are hurt protecting him. He'll go and try to help even if he has to crawl there.
All the willpower in the world won't do a damn thing if your body literally can't move. Have you ever broken a bone, sprained an ankle, or dislocated a joint?

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen