AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD NEW - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 8 19.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 29.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 39.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-18, 20:51   Link #61
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
...then have the nerve to try to tearfully beg him to save her when she's cornered and about to die.
And the sad part? It worked. He still loved her enough that he just didn't have the heart to slay her with his own bare hands.

And evidently, still love her enough to be haunted by that first afternoon of innocent boyhood happiness with her.
Old 2013-07-18, 21:29   Link #62
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
And the sad part? It worked. He still loved her enough that he just didn't have the heart to slay her with his own bare hands.
Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-19 at 21:17.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 21:32   Link #63
ImperialFlameGod8190

Doesn't matter the point is a guy who was treated like scum for his whole life gets a gf out of the blue and then before their first date is over she kills him. Now after that how would u feel if the hottest chick in your entire school starts getting frisky with you. As much as u want to let the little man play the fact is you wont be able to cause ur worried if this chick will kill you as well.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 03:19   Link #64
The Green One

He doesn't actually think Rias would kill him....well no more then he expects any girl to for normal anime pervy shenanigans. He just ends up second guessing every signal and sign of affection getting sent his way because he just can't believe she's being serious due to the trauma he suffered. He just keeps thinking that Rias is "spoiling" her servant even if that makes no sense to anyone else looking at the situation.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 04:35   Link #65
ImperialFlameGod8190

I know Green One still its a problem that'll be quite the annoyance although it also saves this series from becoming a hentai very quickly.
Old 2013-07-19, 06:56   Link #66
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Is that NTR, cause Asia is actively participating when it comes to taking the top off and/or sharing the bed. I guess her only complain is that the top-heavy girl gets all the credit for procuring the uber-tasty miso soup in the morning despite her foreign background. Issei and Rias can certainly show more consideration by inviting Asia any time they want to share intimate moments.
That is a fair point - perhaps after the end of last season (where Asia was pouting as Rias explained to Issei's parents that she was moving in with them), Rias and Issei decided to console the girl by letting her participate in their sexy times. Asia might not be able to win Issei's heart, but at least Rias is letting her co-sign on his dick.

Quote:
They said things to Asia. That alone means war. If Issei didn't pick that fight, I would have.
Maybe you'll unexpectedly show up in the next episode and swiftly defeat the both of them in one hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape
The situation only became serious when Xenovia was talking about killing Asia. The fact that she was going to do that just after agreeing to not interfere with each other is pretty bad.
I got the impression that Xenovia was making an offer rather than a threat, and that she'd have no problem if Asia declined. It's a move that comes dangerously close to crossing the line, but which I think still keeps a clear distance from it, more worthy of a "get the hell out now" than a "let's take this outside bitches."

Still, Issei's anger was justified enough that I don't mind, and I'm glad that things are heating up this early on A mid-boss fight in the third episode is quite nice.
Old 2013-07-19, 07:39   Link #67
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
That is a fair point - perhaps after the end of last season (where Asia was pouting as Rias explained to Issei's parents that she was moving in with them), Rias and Issei decided to console the girl by letting her participate in their sexy times. Asia might not be able to win Issei's heart, but at least Rias is letting her co-sign on his dick.
Keep in mind, before Rias even decided to make Issei her's, she had basically tried to pair him and Asia together. She told him that Asia was his responsibility and to look after her, and then put her in his house. All this knowing that they already had some level of feelings for each other.
Old 2013-07-19, 09:26   Link #68
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Keep in mind, before Rias even decided to make Issei her's, she had basically tried to pair him and Asia together. She told him that Asia was his responsibility and to look after her, and then put her in his house. All this knowing that they already had some level of feelings for each other.
at the time issei would show feelings for any girl who gave him some and in truth asia was his responsibility cause he chose to protect her knowing full well that he was the one who took the risk
Old 2013-07-19, 09:41   Link #69
GDB

Irrelevent to the idea that Rias and Issei are merely throwing her a bone when Asia was technically the one being paired with him first.
Old 2013-07-19, 12:49   Link #70
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Irrelevent to the idea that Rias and Issei are merely throwing her a bone when Asia was technically the one being paired with him first.
Didn't Rias set up Asia + Issei because of Rias' impending arranged marriage to that Phenex @$$#ole?

Now that the arranged marriage is off, things are different.

I wonder if Rias has any regrets about pairing up Issei & Asia now.......
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 12:55   Link #71
GDB

Possibly, but it's still Asia who was paired with him first.
Old 2013-07-19, 14:40   Link #72
ImperialFlameGod8190

paired by necessity not choice keep in mind rias wanted issei to stay away from asia because of her connection to the church and issei forced rias's hand. Just like the marriage was forced. The church abandoned her and rias realized that issei wouldn't do that so she allowed it to happen.
Old 2013-07-19, 15:13   Link #73
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Ah, don't take me seriously, GDB; my entire point about Asia being NTR'd was just me playing around It's played for laughs, so I of course don't take it seriously.
Old 2013-07-19, 20:52   Link #74
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Ah, don't take me seriously, GDB; my entire point about Asia being NTR'd was just me playing around It's played for laughs, so I of course don't take it seriously.
Well Doc ill give u some advice don't joke about NTR in harems or in any manga because its a sour spot for a lot of people especially in a series like this
Old 2013-07-19, 21:06   Link #75
The Green One

But it can also be said to keep an open mind. People are entitled to their opinion which may not necessarily coincide with yours. Intent can be a little heard to discern on the Internet sometimes, so it's best not to jump to conclusions when possible. That is my advice to you Imperial.

But speaking of NTR, half of Akenko's seduction is her teasing jokes about stealing Ise from Rias, even if she doesn't mean it in the more malicious sense. So it's treated in a more light hearted fashion in this series.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 21:21   Link #76
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
But speaking of NTR, half of Akenko's seduction is her teasing jokes about stealing Ise from Rias, even if she doesn't mean it in the more malicious sense. So it's treated in a more light hearted fashion in this series.
Well, it's not like devils need to conform to the human concept of monogamy. This is why it's fortunate for Issei in that sense, since his predicament actually gives him the possibility of achieving his stated goal. Of course, despite his big words, I don't think that's really his goal in the end; it's just a childish fantasy, as he basically says in this episode. That said, I don't think he would abandon the other girls in his life to be with Rias either, and thankfully for him she won't require him to.
Old 2013-07-20, 05:58   Link #77
sky black swordman

Quote:
He doesn't actually think Rias would kill him....well no more then he expects any girl to for normal anime pervy shenanigans. He just ends up second guessing every signal and sign of affection getting sent his way because he just can't believe she's being serious due to the trauma he suffered. He just keeps thinking that Rias is "spoiling" her servant even if that makes no sense to anyone else looking at the situation.
The Green One, when you think about his second guessing every signal and sign of affection is to be expected when you stop to consider all the things that Rias did to him before she took a romantic interest in him. Many of the things she is doing now are very similar to the things she did before she took a romantic interest.

Quote:
Very true, Rias was more than aware of Asia's feelings for Issei early on. She even noted that Asia was jealous, when she saw Rias giving Issei a kiss on his forehead. She even had them do errands together or have Asia assist Issei with his devil job. She tired to help Asia make progress and develop her relationship with Issei even further by giving them enough time alone together.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-07-20 at 06:22.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote