Old 2016-10-17, 20:16   Link #341
marvelB

Spoilers are here:

Spoiler for 59:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-18, 04:22   Link #342
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Are we getting reference from the old universe.
Old 2016-10-18, 11:39   Link #343
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler:
Old 2016-10-18, 15:29   Link #344
marvelB

Damn, this was quite the chapter. Strange conspiracies between mother and son, the reveal of a creature who may or may not be another rock human (I think I'm on board with the theory of him being the one leaving bite marks on new stand users, BTW), and now Josuke's apparently being stalked by Not-Emporio..... quite a bit to take in, here. Just too darn bad the series is on hiatus next month.... well, at least the next chapter will make a nice Christmas present!
Old 2016-12-15, 17:07   Link #345
marvelB

Spoiler pics for the next chapter are out:

Spoiler for 60:

^That's it for now. Guess we gotta wait for the translation for the rest of the chapter...
Old 2016-12-17, 01:09   Link #346
n0m@n
C-Z

Nice. They are releasing SBR in bunko version. Was thinking they may have given upon releasing bunko version with SO(part 6).
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-19, 11:07   Link #347
marvelB

Okay, translation's out!

Man, I still have no idea how that opening scene is related to the current plot... unless the pond man is that dude who got electrocuted? Anyway, looks like he's another result of equivalent exchange, and has become interested in Josuke, thanks to Joubin's influence....

And as for Josuke's situation.... looks like this enemy's stand basically turns people into mindless zombies? As far as zombie stands go, I'm instantly reminded of Limp Bizkit from Stone Ocean, though that ability created invisible zombies. Wonder if this is really the ability of the pond man, though....?

Also, lol at that old lady in the car. I love how her response to seeing a crazy, blood-covered zombie kid beating on her car window.... is to open the window, instead of, you know, keeping it closed or running out of her car to call for help. I found that almost as hilarious as the reaction (or lack thereof) of the people who saw Josuke murder Damo in broad daylight!
Old 2016-12-20, 16:05   Link #348
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The zombies aren't entirely mindless, since they seem to be tracking Josuke. Anyway, I chuckled a bit when Josuke called it a useless stand, only to be revealed afterward the "disease" can be spread which actually makes it an extremely dangerous stand.
Old 2017-01-17, 22:06   Link #349
marvelB

Next chapter's raw is out:

Spoiler for 61:
Old 2017-01-18, 12:12   Link #350
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not a very eventful chapter, it seems.
Old 2017-01-18, 18:19   Link #351
marvelB

Dunno about anyone else, but for me the highlight of the chapter was definitely Josuke (well, his stand, anyway) bashing in that old lady's face with a freaking SHOVEL. I mean, I know that woman was already a zombie and all, but damn.

Also, speaking of that old lady.... I really think we could have used less granny panty shots, Araki.
Old 2017-01-18, 21:21   Link #352
Volthoom

Yeah this particular JoJo is quite brutal when it comes to fighting.
Volthoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-19, 15:44   Link #353
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It looks like the stand can only control one person at a time. I was surprised the kid was still relatively alright after all this.
Old 2017-02-17, 21:40   Link #354
marvelB

Geez, the new chapter release nearly slipped right under my nose!

Anyway, this was a hell of a suspenseful chapter, too. We see just how frightening the Blue Hawaii stand truly is (all those poor folks mutilating themselves against their will...). Meanwhile, Yasuho's search for the user makes considerable progress.... only for Joubin to get in the way! Now how will our heroes overcome this deadly ability and get to the bottom of Joubin's conspiracy....!!?
Old 2017-02-18, 15:42   Link #355
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Freaking Joubin. At least he didn't kill Yasuho, thank god.
Old 2017-02-21, 15:16   Link #356
Volthoom

JoJo villain goals: Dio(take over the world), Kars(become the ultimate lifeform, take over the world), DIO(take over the world), Kira(live a quiet life), Diavolo(rule the mafia, prevent people from knowing who you are), Pucci(reach [Heaven], help humanity know its destiny), Valentine(make America great), and Jobin(sell fruit).
Old 2017-03-17, 15:18   Link #357
marvelB

Next chapter's here!

And damn, Josuke very nearly lost to Blue Hawaii.... thankfully, Yasuho was there to save the day! Still, it bears repeating that BH is a truly frightening power.... being able to control people, babies, even animals as small as bugs.... damn.

Anyway, the enemy user confirmed what we pretty much already knew about Joubin using the Rokakaka for dirty business.... but what's interesting is that he referred to Joubin as a "gofer". In other words, there's a mastermind behind him, after all. His mother, perhaps....?
Old 2017-03-18, 08:01   Link #358
Volthoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Next chapter's here!

And damn, Josuke very nearly lost to Blue Hawaii.... thankfully, Yasuho was there to save the day! Still, it bears repeating that BH is a truly frightening power.... being able to control people, babies, even animals as small as bugs.... damn.

Anyway, the enemy user confirmed what we pretty much already knew about Joubin using the Rokakaka for dirty business.... but what's interesting is that he referred to Joubin as a "gofer". In other words, there's a mastermind behind him, after all. His mother, perhaps....?
Very nearly? He straight up lost that fight. He only survived because Dolomite wasn't expecting the Yashuo Inquisition.
Old 2017-03-18, 13:03   Link #359
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volthoom View Post
Very nearly? He straight up lost that fight. He only survived because Dolomite wasn't expecting the Yashuo Inquisition.
I only say "very nearly" in the meaning that Josuke at least had the good sense to contact Yasuho for help in the first place during the fight. Otherwise, I agree 100% that he was completely at Dolomite's mercy (and would have been screwed even further if Joubin hadn't decided to spare Yasuho). After all, it's pretty telling how desperate our hero was to carefully plan out a last-minute strategy for swatting a fly, lol.
Old 2017-03-18, 17:24   Link #360
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Josuke utterly lost this one. It was pretty awesome to see Yasuho coming to his rescue. Not the first time she saved his butt, but she was mostly playing a support role in the battles until now.

As for the mastermind, it's most likely the guy we once saw in a flashback. The one with long blonde hair. I can't remember which chapter that was in though.

Tags
action, adventure