Old 2012-11-21, 12:32   Link #1521
Gooral
Banned

Thanks for your translation leokiko .
Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
(...)
Togashi's comment:
"This manuscript which I wrote 10 years ago, of which I thought that it would end as an undeveloped alternative setting (?) without even being presented at a meeting, will be delivered to everyone in movie format. As the original writer, I am happily surprised. I am also looking forward to seeing the movie completed"
(...)
To be honest I don't believe him. If he had the manuscript all along we would probably have an OAV or a movie out already (not to mention an Extra Scene/ Special chapter), especially since the last OVA came out 8 years ago. He just said that so that most hardcore fans wouldn't look at a movie as something non-canon and others wouldn't suspect that he wrote the story the moment he was asked to by Madhouse executives.

And I agree with Anh_Minh, he doesn't care much about the story at this point. He just makes shit up whenever he wants because he can. I doubt he will finish the story.

One other thing, I don't like that the manga will be so close to anime movie time-wise. I'll be completely spoiled while watching it and compare it to an original. If he hasn't released it in 10 years than he could have waited a one or two more and release it after the movie had been released.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 14:05   Link #1522
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Thanks for your translation leokiko .

To be honest I don't believe him. If he had the manuscript all along we would probably have an OAV or a movie out already
Why would you think that? For a movie or OAV to be done, someone would have to push. We don't even know how many people knew of that manuscript (he and his editor at the time?), nor what state of advancement it was in.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 10:47   Link #1523
marvelB

Well, the raw for the first part of that Kurapica story is out now for those who care. And thankfully, it's NOT a whole mess of scribbles:

Spoiler:

I won't lie.... younger Kurapica is actually pretty adorable. Interestingly, he inherited his mother's looks, as well.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 18:32   Link #1524
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I wish Bakuman made some references of Hunter X Hunter in their series. haha
Actually, there's one character in Bakuman that was definitely based on Togashi. I don't think it needs to be said which one, just think of Togashi's lazy antics and his love for hiatuses.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 22:10   Link #1525
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, the raw for the first part of that Kurapica story is out now for those who care. And thankfully, it's NOT a whole mess of scribbles:

Spoiler:

I won't lie.... younger Kurapica is actually pretty adorable. Interestingly, he inherited his mother's looks, as well.
The trans is out and it seems the last part is the final test. Wonder how that will turn out.

I haven't seen the movie trailers, but I am glad they are showing that kid from Kurapica's flashback during the Spider Arc. Yeah, Kurapica's parents are there too.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 23:57   Link #1526
Xion Valkyrie

Special 2 is out. Is this it? Or are we going to get more chapters telling of the time between the massacre and the beginning of HxH?

I kind of want to see Kurapica finish his revenge though, because even as cool as the Spiders are, VENGEANCE needs to be delivered!
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 00:09   Link #1527
ellifeedn
Thinker

I thought there were three parts.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 00:29   Link #1528
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

What we got so far, before the break at the beginning of this year, was Kura in a black suit, he has forfeit his Kura clan clothing. I assume he has become darker and tainted by the work he does for a living. I am stuck! If I was in Kura shoes, I want revenge, but the Spiders are too cool! If Kura over about killing and more about stopping them from continuing to commit crime/murder, than I'm justify with that.

Spiders are cool, but the cool members are dead though >_> Only one I really like in the current group has to be Machi. She Hisoka love toy, Gon a close second. LOL
Old 2012-12-12, 00:40   Link #1529
Xion Valkyrie

I thought he was in a black suit because he's really entrenched in the Mafia now. I'm guessing he's probably a big player, so he needs to look the part, as opposed to the hired help he was in the Spiders Arc.
Old 2012-12-12, 00:43   Link #1530
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I found the last line in the Special to be quite interesting...

It implies that Chrollo and the Spiders didn't just go and rob the Kuruta clan just for the heck of stealing the precious eyes, there was some retribution involved from their point of view, which had been inflicted towards one of their own ( Meteor City dwellers ) from the Kuruta.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 01:41   Link #1531
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

It implies that Chrollo and the Spiders didn't just go and rob the Kuruta clan just for the heck of stealing the precious eyes, there was some retribution involved from their point of view, which had been inflicted towards one of their own ( Meteor City dwellers ) from the Kuruta.
Feels inconsistent, maybe the author is just adding more depth to the Spiders.

I recall Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho was a one-shot villain, but he was so popular, that the author kept him and rewrote his back story.

I mean he could just rule the human world and turn people to his demon slaves and find his sister at the same time, you know?
Old 2012-12-12, 02:26   Link #1532
marvelB

Quote:

Yeah, I found that interesting, too. Wonder if this means Kurapica isn't actually the last survivor of his clan, after all.....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 09:46   Link #1533
Vicious108

Quote:
Feels inconsistent, maybe the author is just adding more depth to the Spiders.
Well, these two chapters are supposed to be the backstory to the not-really-canon Phantom Rouge movie specifically, so we can't be entirely sure that that's how it all went down in the TV series/manga as well.

Though Pairo's existence at least is indeed confirmed in the main series what with his image in Kurapika's mind when he was making the deal with Pakunoda.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 16:46   Link #1534
kakakka

Quote:
I dunno how to feel about this. Didn't Uvogin say that the Spiders went to Kurta because Chrollo wanted the eyes?
Old 2012-12-12, 17:17   Link #1535
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I dunno how to feel about this. Didn't Uvogin say that the Spiders went to Kurta because Chrollo wanted the eyes?
But you can counter that remark with, Uvogin being simple and straight forward about his comments (objective).

Still, I'm led to believe the author is changing the back-story slightly, which I don't mind. Cuz its possible to do it.
Old 2012-12-12, 17:28   Link #1536
Clarste
Human

Well, regardless of why Uvo thought they were doing it, you'd think it'd be somewhat more memorable if they have to go through all the trouble of carefully torturing them in the right order. Maybe a bit... tedious even? Whereas Uvo didn't remember it all until Kurapica reminded him how strong they were.

On the hand I guess he could have just left to go drink beer after the fighting ended while Feitan handled all the torture.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 18:33   Link #1537
kakakka

Quote:
But you can counter that remark with, Uvogin being simple and straight forward about his comments (objective).
Maybe. But Uvogin's comments at that time aligned with what I thought Chrollo's intentions in attacking the Kurta; because he just like to get the eyes.

But then again, the info we know about the attack is only seen through Kurapika's perspective (who isn't even there, if we go by this special chapters). What could a secluded clan have done to get this kind of (hinted) retribution from the Spider's? And this is the part that does not make sense for me and needed explanation.

( I just have a gut feeling it'll not be explained in the movie...)
Old 2012-12-13, 01:36   Link #1538
Xion Valkyrie

Well, almost all the spiders are sociopaths. The flashback explained that they did what they did to enrage the pure blooded clansmen so their eyes would glow more brilliantly when they died. Looking at Kuroro's behavior in the Spiders Arc, he'd see it to be no different than activating special conditions in a game to get a better item.

The other members are loyal to him and also some of them like Uvo wanted to fight strong opponents. Not to mention the people of the falling stars seem to not care for anyone who's not from their land, so it'd be no different than how conquerors destroyed natives in the past.
Old 2012-12-13, 03:43   Link #1539
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

The small bit sympathy I had for the Spiders after watching the 2012 anime just did a 180 after reading that.

Sick bastards
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 18:38   Link #1540
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

The spiders were such great villains, Pity we wont get to see Kurapika getting vengeance in the next decade.

Tags
overpowered villain