Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-12, 23:10   Link #2101
Write
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siphine View Post
For me... and I know a lot of people will hate me for this.... Tengen Toppa Gurrenn Lagann... I'm sorry, but I was so pissed about the whole Yoko and Nia thing that I just couldn't watch it. It was good until that came up then I hated it. I was just like "so a girl who doesn't come into this series until maybe the last 8 episodes
Spoiler for GODAMN IT!!!!!!:
sorry about getting so mad there, it brought back some angry memories
You're at fault here for not understanding the scope of the narrative.
Old 2013-01-13, 07:01   Link #2102
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I hate all yuri driven anime. Unless if its like Yuriko no High School Life where the MC is basically straight... I'll watch... don't mind if its doujinsh's or H though..... hah. kill me !!!
What about yaoi? If you love one but hate the other it is pretty immature
If both, fine by me.

Though I do agree to an extend. In most yuri/yaoi orientated series basically every single character is gay. Its like if we are trapped in gay world what is unbelievable and a bit irritating.
Old 2013-01-13, 07:48   Link #2103
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Though I do agree to an extend. In most yuri/yaoi orientated series basically every single character is gay. Its like if we are trapped in gay world what is unbelievable and a bit irritating.
I'd be bother by that, if it weren't for countless series where every single character is completely straight, so the exact reverse of it sometimes is fine to me .
MAL
Old 2013-01-13, 11:27   Link #2104
kitten320

Well there are more straight than gay

It is more weird if it happens in a school where every single one is gay... and yuri show it happens almost every time :/
Old 2013-01-13, 14:19   Link #2105
xland44
Otaku

I hate Yu-Gi-Yoh and Pokemon (Yes, Pokemon is an anime incase you didn't know), I can't even stand evangelion, Inuyasha was iffy, and I think that the animes that are awesome but dont get enough attention: (Ranked by most liked in my opinion)
1. Sword Art Online
2. Clannad
3. Haibane Renmei (Would have placed Angel Beats here, but I'm pretty sure it's popular).
4. Eureka Seven
5. Time of Eve. Not a well known anime, and I only found it by chance, but even though it doesn't have much episodes, the quality is amazing.
Old 2013-01-13, 15:44   Link #2106
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

It is more weird if it happens in a school where every single one is gay... and yuri show it happens almost every time :/
I hate that if there are two gay/lesbian characters that they are destined to be. Oh and yea animes with all gays are pretty dumb.
Old 2013-01-13, 18:28   Link #2107
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
^ Yeah that's really annoying. Its like the show is blatantly trying to prove that lesbian couples can't exist in a normal setting.
Given that it is probably not acceptable in Japanese culture, that's probably what they try to say.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-01-13, 18:41   Link #2108
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Given that it is probably not acceptable in Japanese culture, that's probably what they try to say.
Which is kind of funny when I look at my own situation.

At college I feel like I know gays and lesbians exclusively, despite being straight. THERE'S JUST SO MANY OF THEM!
Old 2013-01-13, 18:51   Link #2109
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Experimentation is known to happen in college. Also under less constraints verses High School.
Old 2013-01-13, 22:46   Link #2110
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I just thought of another one:

I really liked Sword Art Online for the first ten episodes: it was a good mystery and I liked the fact that the female MC was rather strong....

but then, the producers made the MC a Gary Stu and depowered my girl Asuna...
Old 2013-01-14, 00:07   Link #2111
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
but then, the producers made the MC a Gary Stu and depowered my girl Asuna...
I know how you feel. I hated it too when Asuna got demoted from a fairly strong female lead to just another damsel-in-distress waiting for the newly overpowered MC to save her.
Old 2013-01-14, 00:16   Link #2112
takai
Easy Muffin

For me, I'd have to say Gurren Lagann.

It was awful. It was predictable with a terrible main character for the first half that just yelled like a jackass and had a huge ego about himself.
Spoiler for talking about deaths of characters and the ending of the series:

I found myself struggling to get through it all, the episodes were bland and predictable. All it was was constant yelling and power ups. Ugh.
Old 2013-01-14, 00:36   Link #2113
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
I absolutely cannot STAND this....and it seems when the series takes place especially on school grounds, it's inescapable.
Old 2013-01-14, 02:31   Link #2114
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
What about yaoi? If you love one but hate the other it is pretty immature
If both, fine by me.
Why am I forgetting that!!!! Yah.. I hate yaoi at the same level, Thank you!
Quote:
Actually, you pointed it out why I hated such genre. Look we have a lesbian couple who have a lesbian friend and schooling in a lesbian school that even the staff are lesbian. Not a single male even the father doesn't exist... and they still use the term... PRINCE....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
^ Yeah that's really annoying. Its like the show is blatantly trying to prove that lesbian couples can't exist in a normal setting.
True. Two pretty girls are very rare. One pretty and one boyish (rather masculine) is more common. It only proves that yuri/yaoi only targets the opposite sex.
Old 2013-01-14, 02:54   Link #2115
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:

Meh it's equally unrealistic to me since roughly 10% of the population is gay/bi, so when you're dealing a series with 25+ characters all straight the odds of that become statistically unrealistic regardless, so I find holding it as a double standard silly. (And I don't hold against a series for going one way or the other so I don't hold one .)

Quote:
True. Two pretty girls are very rare. One pretty and one boyish (rather masculine) is more common. It only proves that yuri/yaoi only targets the opposite sex.
So Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon's yuri couple is aimed at females because they're both feminine, huh? , Sorry just poking fun at that logic .
MAL
Old 2013-01-14, 03:02   Link #2116
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
So Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon's yuri couple is aimed at females because they're both feminine, huh? , Sorry just poking fun at that logic .
I tell you. I nearly drop SKNH when I seen that kissing scene. I thought they're just best friends because its pretty common to see two straight girls holding hands. But that scene shocked me for a week.....
Old 2013-01-14, 03:14   Link #2117
Bulba.Saur
The Ends of the Earth

Naruto and Bleach...just not into these seemingly generic action type fighting anime T_T
Old 2013-01-14, 03:21   Link #2118
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Actually, you pointed it out why I hated such genre. Look we have a lesbian couple who have a lesbian friend and schooling in a lesbian school that even the staff are lesbian. Not a single male even the father doesn't exist... and they still use the term... PRINCE....
Agreed. It's like, what the hell? How does anyone exist if everyone is gay? I could understand quite a few people being gay in a series like that, but at least dab a few straight ones in there. Or at least one's of the opposite gender. Hell, I guess if they did that a lot of them wouldn't be gay anyway.
Old 2013-01-14, 03:25   Link #2119
Eragon
Still Alive

Please back on topic people. This isn't an Yuri/Yaoi thread.
Old 2013-01-14, 03:26   Link #2120
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
Agreed. It's like, what the hell? How does anyone exist if everyone is gay? I could understand quite a few people being gay in a series like that, but at least dab a few straight ones in there. Or at least one's of the opposite gender. Hell, I guess if they did that a lot of them wouldn't be gay anyway.
But to be honest.. I have the opposite feeling in anime like Otome Wa Boku Ni Koishiteru were "traps" are introduce.... Its very entertaining knowing that they could really fall in love with a man... though much of the of the ending is not that plausible.
Closed Thread