AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-15, 11:06   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 578 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Yep, it's that time, once again, folks! A new week, a new spoiler summary! Some kray-zay stuff happens, here:

-Sengoku has finally had enough of Blackbeard's crap, transforms into Buddha mode, and fights against the crew. Apparently, he causes the entire crew to cough up blood with a shockwave from his hand.

-Akainu still intends to finish Luffy off once and for all. Iva, Inazuma and Jinbei are all protecting the young rookie from the admiral, but they all get injured doing so. Jinbei, who is half-dead from one of Akainu's magma fists, tries to make an underwater getaway with Luffy, but Aokiji has frozen the ocean, making escape impossible. Suddenly, Crocodile appears, and blows the two pirates up in the air with a sandstorm, and they are both caught by Buggy (apparently, they actually land on him! ) Crocodile says he won't let the marines have their way, and apparently is about to fight against Akainu with the remaining Whitebeard pirates.....

-As Buggy is about to make his escape with Luffy and Jinbei, a pirate ship rises from the ocean. It turns out the ship belongs to none other than...... the Supernova, Trafalgar Law! Buggy's group are wary at first, but the super rookie says that he's there to rescue them. He then says that since he's a doctor, he'll look after Luffy.....

Man, oh man, is this chapter crazy! The highlight for me (aside from Buggy rescuing Luffy, that is) is the fact that Sengoku finally decides to get off his duff and fight (that brief display from a few chapters back just wasn't enough, y'know?). The part about a shockwave definitely makes me hopeful that the "Buddha" has many more tricks up his sleeve......

And man, it's still kinda wierd to see Crocodile being so helpful towards Luffy. I actually wonder what Crocoboy intends to do now that Whitebeard's sleeping the big sleep? I mean, if he's still opposing the marines, then he definitely must have some grand motive in mind.....

And yes, we finally got Supernova confirmation! Personally, I kinda wished that we saw Capone or Apoo rescue Luffy instead of Law, but it's understandable since he's one of the most popular of the super rookies (and hey, at least there's Bepo! ) Well, at least we know that Luffy's in (somewhat) good hands, now....

And did I mention how awesome it is to learn that Buggy rescues both Luffy and Jinbei? Man, I can't wait for pics......

Last edited by marvelB; 2010-03-15 at 12:02.
Old 2010-03-15, 11:38   Link #2
james0246

Go Buggy! Go Law! Go Crocodile! Go Sengoku! Hell yeah, this spoiler is made of win.
Old 2010-03-15, 11:44   Link #3
marvelB

^Couldn't agree with you more on that! The only thing that could possibly make this spoiler any more awesome would be if Whitebeard's ghost descended from Pirate Heaven and pimp-slapped his DF power out of Teach's body. Then he'd tell him to go make him a sammich.... bitch.

On a more serious note, I wonder if any of the other Supernova rookies went to Marineford with Law? Personally, I'd find it pretty hilarious if all the guys that Kizaru beat up arrive and tear up the place just to make the admiral feel stupid about not arresting them when he had the chance.
Old 2010-03-15, 11:48   Link #4
Haxeye

Also apparently Akainu gets a bit of retribution against Iva when he magma punches both he/she and Inazuma, Jimbei also is nearly killed by a magma fist.
Old 2010-03-15, 11:52   Link #5
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And man, it's still kinda wierd to see Crocodile being so helpful towards Luffy. I actually wonder what Crocoboy intends to do now that Whitebeard's sleeping the big sleep? I mean, if he's still opposing the marines, then he definitely must have some grand motive in mind.....
Yeah, he was pure evil incarnate in Alabasta, it does feel a little weird... I don't think he is doing this for altruistic reasons, though. He's probably just laying some groundwork for when the war is over. He has no ship, no crew, no money, no title and is one of the most wanted men in the world now that he broke out of Impel Down. Until he can get back on his feet he will need alliances.
Old 2010-03-15, 12:07   Link #6
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxeye View Post
Also apparently Akainu gets a bit of retribution against Iva when he magma punches both he/she and Inazuma, Jimbei also is nearly killed by a magma fist.

Yeah, I slightly updated the summary with that info. Man, Jinbei's so suicidal that it's pretty hilarious!

By the way..... Buggy running into Law reminds me of something I said a couple years back about the clown potentially being a bad match for him since he can already split himself apart, anyway. I actually have my doubts that the two of them will actually fight at this point, but a small scuffle between them would still be amusing, nonetheless.
Old 2010-03-15, 12:48   Link #7
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
And yes, we finally got Supernova confirmation! Personally, I kinda wished that we saw Capone or Apoo rescue Luffy instead of Law, but it's understandable since he's one of the most popular of the super rookies (and hey, at least there's Bepo! ) Well, at least we know that Luffy's in (somewhat) good hands, now....
Well, Law was the only one shown setting sail after the broadcast was cut off, so it's not that big of a surprise that he shows up. I don't think Capone has any reason to go there, and he's at the low end of the supernovas so he has less chance of handling himself out there than Law. I could have pictured Apoo showing up though, since he's the curious type.

Speaking of supernovas, I still have no idea what was up with Bonney back then, wonder when that will be explained.

Quote:
And did I mention how awesome it is to learn that Buggy rescues both Luffy and Jinbei? Man, I can't wait for pics......
It kinda sounds like an accident to me. Which is par for the course when it comes to Buggy.
Old 2010-03-15, 13:16   Link #8
ZeroForever

I thought both Kid and Law set sail at the end of the screening, I'll double check later.

kinda saw the Aoijiki being the one man anti fish man army effect coming though.
Old 2010-03-15, 13:21   Link #9
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Oh f*ck everyone that isn't Luffy is screwed...Sengoku knows Buddha's Palm.

Whoohoo my favourite Supernova that isn't in the Strawhat Crew has arrived only thing that would make this even more win is if Kid came as well. One question how the hell is Akainu still moving?!

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-03-15, 13:44   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Iva, Inazuma and Jinbei are no match for Akainu? That guy is even more powerful than I thought. Or maybe I was just overestimating Iva...

For some reason, I thought Garp would be the first to jump in, but Sengoku fighting is fine too. Scratch that, it's awesome ! Still, can't wait to see Garp kick some ass too.
Old 2010-03-15, 13:46   Link #11
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
It kinda sounds like an accident to me. Which is par for the course when it comes to Buggy.

Accident.... or fate? Only Oda can decide. Also, I think both Kidd and Urouge said they were setting sail as well, so it's possible that either of those guys are not far behind from Law.....

BTW, I've gotta give major props to Akainu for his determination. He will literally stop at nothing to make sure that he's destroyed Luffy. Just look at all the obstacles he's overcome: Ace? Dead. Whitebeard ownage? Shrugged it off. Jinbei and the two revolutionaries? Magma-fisted. Blackbeard's Marineford invasion? Ignored. Now he'll probably he-man bitch-slap Crocodile for getting in his way, too. Hell, Sakazuki is practically OP's Terminator at this point!
Old 2010-03-15, 13:48   Link #12
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

why is law helping out luffy again?
Old 2010-03-15, 13:50   Link #13
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Crocodile says he won't let the marines have their way, and apparently is about to fight against Akainu with the remaining Whitebeard pirates.....
If my predictions are right, soon we will have a nice looking glass statue of Crocodile.
Old 2010-03-15, 13:53   Link #14
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
why is law helping out luffy again?

Out of respect for him, I believe. I didn't mention it in the earlier summary, but Law tells Luffy that even though they're technically enemies, he'll help him out just this once. I guess it's the least he can do since it's thanks to Luffy that he got an additional crewmember during the Sabaody arc.
Old 2010-03-15, 13:57   Link #15
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Out of respect for him, I believe. I didn't mention it in the earlier summary, but Law tells Luffy that even though they're technically enemies, he'll help him out just this once. I guess it's the least he can do since it's thanks to Luffy that he got an additional crewmember during the Sabaody arc.
he told this to luffy face to face or just speaking to himself?
Old 2010-03-15, 14:04   Link #16
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Oh man this chapter sounds like epic win.

Does Trafalgar's power work at all against Logia's? I'm curious. The thing is someone like ace if you were to chop him into 100 pieces could probably reform because he was in fact fire.
Old 2010-03-15, 14:04   Link #17
Darmill

Cool, Sengoku's Buddha Palm + Garp's haki could cause a lot of trouble for the BB's pirates.

Speaking of Law, his room switching ability probably has another function like removing damage from body, like Kuma once did to Luffy.

And Crocodile helping Luffy again makes me think that it's now even more likely that he is the tenth SH member. Now we need to know more about his past, possibly a tragic one.
Old 2010-03-15, 14:09   Link #18
Frog
Shimako's Embodiment

Law is helping because he has some sort of connection to WB as well as respect for his fellow supernova. Need confirmation on his connection to WB? Click the link and check out the symbol at the top right of the page on the IV drip. Law is about to become a major player in OP.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/12-13/
Old 2010-03-15, 14:13   Link #19
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
Law is helping because he has some sort of connection to WB as well as respect for his fellow supernova. Need confirmation on his connection to WB? Click the link and check out the symbol at the top right of the page on the IV drip. Law is about to become a major player in OP.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/12-13/
prob cuz law is a doctor, according to the spoiler

he prob helped treat wb
Old 2010-03-15, 14:18   Link #20
Rainbowman

My review: Sengoku gives damage to the Blackbeard pirates, Akainu set Ivankov and Inazuma aside with an attack, Crocodile saves Luffy and Jinbei from Akainu, Luffy and Jinbei escape with Buggy, and Trafalgar Law comes to the rescue. Quite epic. Two things I'm hoping for between this chapter and the next one: 1. Ivankov and Inazuma get to escape as well. 2. a. Boa Hancock doesn't go onto Trafalgar's ship just for Luffy. b. Boa Hancock fights against Akainu for going after Luffy only to be burned much like Ace.
Closed Thread