Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-12, 06:00   Link #281
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpal83 View Post
Has a lot of potential, but Shaft needs to tune back on their stupidity. This isn't Zetsubou Sensei. The fucking hands were just retarded.
Well you are in despair apparently, its not like there is anything wrong with it being similar to Zetsubo-sensei =P
Old 2009-07-12, 06:33   Link #282
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Well you are in despair apparently, its not like there is anything wrong with it being similar to Zetsubo-sensei =P
Of course there is something wrong. This is Bakemonogatari not Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. I'd prefer them do this properly and not using tricks. I used to love Oishi Tatsuya's style, the first episode of Hidamari Sketch x365 was fantastic, but this time it's just too much.

They should stop, seriously.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 06:47   Link #283
asrielchase

Yeah I usually enjoy Shinbo or Shaft's madness, but the real-life shots here are just

I guess when they say the tone will be different in the following arcs they'll hold back on the absurdness a bit.

Couldn't wait for next ep though!
Old 2009-07-12, 09:55   Link #284
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Honestly I'd realize how fantastic Shaft's animation is if it weren't for the fact that their excessive use of hard oppressive colors, rapidly shifting shots, animation style shifts and rapid word flashing left painful burns on both my retinas.

Honestly I can't watch this mostly because my eyes can't take this abuse. I loved the Ef seasons to death and Shaft's unique use of imagery and visual wordplay for those seasons really made them stand out from the pack of generic romances, but this is plain excessive on their part. At least Zetsubo Sensei (from what I've seen, I stopped after season 2) used drab and dull colors at times to balance it out, in contrast this is a visual assault to my eyes. Are they overcompensating for something? Jesus.

Another thing is the pacing. I don't know if it's because I can't look at the screen for more than 30sec at the most before I need to wipe my eyes, but I think the pacing is all over the place. Since I've been told that each episode is self-contained, I'm just gonna have a difficult time keeping up with this. No amount of fantastic animation can make up for that.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 10:04   Link #285
Chase

Hey, its tough, i had to pause it at least 20 times this episode to see what something said. Some of it almost literally 1 frame based it seemed. I can imagine the hell II and qq went threw subbing this, i appreciate their efforts that much more.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 10:08   Link #286
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Another thing is the pacing. I don't know if it's because I can't look at the screen for more than 30sec at the most before I need to wipe my eyes, but I think the pacing is all over the place. Since I've been told that each episode is self-contained, I'm just gonna have a difficult time keeping up with this. No amount of fantastic animation can make up for that.
I am no expert, but my understanding was that each arc (not episode) is self-contained, though characters from different arcs still have an impact on the events, their respective background is not necessary to enjoy the show.

Spoiler for references for future arcs:

As for pacing, I recall a couple of negative comments, but personally I liked it. I think the main issue is with the transition from the novels, but as long as you are not familiar with the source, but familiar with SHAFT, it shouldn't be an issue
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 11:11   Link #287
Woland
Latin Rascal

Ok I get the text part from qq II sub (I hope it's not something forbidden).

Quote:
I meet her during the short vacation between the second and the third year of high school
it was a shocking and devastating encounter
in any case, I think I just had bad luck.

Of course, even if I could have avoided that misfortune by chanche...
Someone else would have suffered the same fate.
actually, maybe not.
I could say that I was unlucky.
That's a very irresponsible position.
Maybe I should accept that it was my fault.
In the end
It happened because of whom I am.
This series of event happened, I think.

Hitagi Senjougahara is regarded as a so called weak girl in the class.
Although throughout high school she has always been in the same class as me,
for first year, second year and third year - that's this year, I have never once seen her doing anithing active. She's always in the back of the classroom and reading a book by herself. she has always sat at the back of the classroom, reading book alone. Sometimes it is a hardcover that looks difficult, other times is a comic book with a cover design indicating that it will decrease your intellect just by reading it.

Suitably, she is smart and is at the top of the class.You'd definitely find the name Hitagi Senjougahara within the top 10 names in the rankings passed out after exam.

She doesn't seem to have any friends.
Not even one person.
Of course of the other hand, you can't say that she's being bullied.
Senjougahara is always, with a face like it's natural, there, in the back of the class, reading a book.
She was building a wall around herself.

Being there is natural.
Not being there is like natural.
Yeah, so like I said, she's of no consequence.
Even though I was placed by some ill fortune in the same class with her for three years, or because there was a person I didn't share even a word worth, it was no way lonely.
And I was okay with that. and Senjogahara should've been okay with that too.
That's what I thought.
However. Then that day happened.
So if I'm not wrong, the first part is referred to the introduction (so Kizumonogatari?) while from "Hitagi Senjougahara" onward is the introduction of the first story (Hitagi Crab)?
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 11:33   Link #288
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
So if I'm not wrong, the first part is referred to the introduction (so Kizumonogatari?) while from "Hitagi Senjougahara" onward is the introduction of the first story (Hitagi Crab)?
Yeah, that would be correct. Or, well, I can't be sure about the first part, because I haven't read that yet, but the "Hitagi Senjougahara" bits are all taken from the first three pages of the novel.
Old 2009-07-12, 11:39   Link #289
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
Yes. I can confirm, the first part is from Kizumonogatari. Though you have to include the "Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade" part. (Nisio Isin begins all chapter with the character's name.)

I do wish they could just narrate the "Hitagi Senjougahara~" part instead of showing them like this, though.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 13:52   Link #290
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Weirdly when the ending song started my brain went 'RYO! The guy who did World is Mine and Melt.' then I remembered that Supercell was going to release a single around now with a person that did the cover of Melt. So I waited for the credits, I honestly have no life to reconise a song by him. I liked the song alot, probally more then World is Mine but I think I liked Melt better. Maybe I'll grow to like this even more. I have a feeling that the image used in the first episode ending is done on Paint Tool Sai.

I waited for better subs, knowing this is Shinbo + Shaft, it's not easy to watch this in raw. I'm going 'WTF' as well as 'Ooo this is good'. Summer looks bright this year.
Old 2009-07-12, 14:14   Link #291
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Yes. I can confirm, the first part is from Kizumonogatari. Though you have to include the "Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade" part. (Nisio Isin begins all chapter with the character's name.)
I must have confused the "Kiss shot" with the other random text (lantern light and such) but I can't find the Acerola-orion part (But I remember I've read that somewhere). Let me guess, as a non novel reader (I wish I could...)
Spoiler for Kizumonogatari:

Edit: i found the part, it's at the beginning

Quote:
Kiss-shot . acerola Orion . Heart under Blade
I think I'll have to report it soon.
certainly, I have that duty.

I meet her during the short vacation between the second and the third year of high school
it was a shocking and devastating encounter
in any case, I think I just had bad luck.

Of course, even if I could have avoided that misfortune by chanche...
Someone else would have suffered the same fate.
actually, maybe not.
I could say that I was unlucky.
That's a very irresponsible position.
Maybe I should accept that it was my fault.
In the end
It happened because of whom I am.
This series of event happened, I think.

Hitagi Senjougahara is regarded as a so called weak girl in the class.
Although throughout high school she has always been in the same class as me,
for first year, second year and third year - that's this year, I have never once seen her doing anithing active. She's always in the back of the classroom and reading a book by herself. she has always sat at the back of the classroom, reading book alone. Sometimes it is a hardcover that looks difficult, other times is a comic book with a cover design indicating that it will decrease your intellect just by reading it.

Suitably, she is smart and is at the top of the class.You'd definitely find the name Hitagi Senjougahara within the top 10 names in the rankings passed out after exam.

She doesn't seem to have any friends.
Not even one person.
Of course of the other hand, you can't say that she's being bullied.
Senjougahara is always, with a face like it's natural, there, in the back of the class, reading a book.
She was building a wall around herself.

Being there is natural.
Not being there is like natural.
Yeah, so like I said, she's of no consequence.
Even though I was placed by some ill fortune in the same class with her for three years, or because there was a person I didn't share even a word worth, it was no way lonely.
And I was okay with that. and Senjogahara should've been okay with that too.
That's what I thought.
However. Then that day happened.

Last edited by Woland; 2009-07-12 at 15:56.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 14:15   Link #292
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Hmmm the style reminds me a lot of Persona 3 especially Araragi's look. Nothing much else to say that have not, it's a visual eye candy and the direction is very interesting. Definitely a show i ll watch to the end.
Old 2009-07-12, 16:45   Link #293
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

No idea WTF it was all about, but I was glued to the screen. Weird and totally awesome...If the rest is like ep 1, it's going to be interesting.

The rapid shots are slightly excessive but that's shaft so we better get used to it I guess. But the animation is beyond awesome, the colors......orange has never looked so pretty.
Old 2009-07-12, 17:04   Link #294
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I don't see what everyone is complaining so much about. Its watchable, that's good enough, here is where the wild things are. Judging by the premise of the show I think this style is for the best.
Old 2009-07-12, 19:11   Link #295
KyntE
Ebilness~

Send a message via Yahoo to KyntE
after watching ep. 1 20 times bcoz i dont get some part of it, i was like my eyes my eyes it burns!

i agree with others shaft you overdo it >:3

currenty watching: bakemonogatari & princess lover
KyntE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 00:24   Link #296
Clarste
Human

The basic premise of this show sort of reminds me of xxxholic, in that you've got a normal-ish guy (Araragi/Watanuki), an eccentric supernatural problem solver who previously solved the normal-ish guy's supernatural problem (Oshino/Yuuko), and a series of clients that keep them interacting. There's also the whole Magical Realism atmosphere. Does anyone else feel this way?

Edit: Screwed up some names.

Last edited by Clarste; 2009-07-13 at 04:32.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 03:17   Link #297
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The basic premise of this show sort of reminds me of xxxholic, in that you've got a normal-ish guy (Araragi/Watanuki), an eccentric supernatural problem solver who previously solved the normal-ish guy's supernatural problem (Otogi/Yuuko), and a series of clients that keep them interacting. There's also the whole Magical Realism atmosphere. Does anyone else feel this way?
When you write it down like that yes i agree they are similar, though that's about it. Both are so different visual, that you wouldn't normally make the connection.
Old 2009-07-13, 03:23   Link #298
KyntE
Ebilness~

when was the released of the subs and episode? thanks in advance

Old 2009-07-13, 03:35   Link #299
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyntE View Post
when was the released of the subs and episode? thanks in advance
Asking for when subs are released is forbidden on this forum. As for episode, it airs 11:00 pm, Sunday I think. Currently two episodes have aired.
Old 2009-07-13, 03:38   Link #300
KyntE
Ebilness~

cats:
ugh can u send me a msg? if u know what i mean :3

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural