AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-09, 21:16   Link #2381
Oblivion

Which abilities does B.Battler not have in the secret boss fight? And having two of him makes this fight even worse.
Old 2012-01-09, 21:20   Link #2382
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
Which abilities does B.Battler not have in the secret boss fight? And having two of him makes this fight even worse.
I think any redundant skills like those SP gains that Kanon and Virgirlia have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonMist View Post
I did my best with the tools I had at hand...
Spoiler for Dlagief:
The check will be in the mail in a few days.

Old 2012-01-09, 21:45   Link #2383
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Storm View Post
I think any redundant skills like those SP gains that Kanon and Virgirlia have.
Damn, they really made him a really hard boss and the fact that you have to fight him on hard mode means R07 must want you to either spam cheap attacks or exploit AI vulnerbility rather than fight him normally.
Old 2012-01-09, 21:47   Link #2384
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

That or R07 is a sadistic troll and love to see his fans rage.

Old 2012-01-09, 21:51   Link #2385
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Storm View Post
That or R07 is a sadistic troll and love to see his fans rage.
I think he just wanted to make sure people would always have a challenge left in single player so he tossed the stat enhancing abilities plus a few others at B.Battler. Probably the reason he made the unlockable being a single cg is that he knew beating B.Battler is pretty dang near impossible, so he didn't want it being anything related to the actual game.
Old 2012-01-09, 22:12   Link #2386
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
Can anyone give me some tips for Dlanor?

All I can really manage to do with her are 123+grab combos, and grab only works on the AI because I assume they're stupid and there's a delay between the third hit so they run at me thinking they are safe, which I know won't work in a real match...

I know you can use Gertrude Barrier to make a cheap cancel to 6B them to make them fly into the air, but one extra hit seems to be a serious waste of 1sp, not to mention I have a lot of trouble doing it because getting used to Dlanor's range is difficult for me, some attacks feel like they're not long enough and some feel they do.

Dlanors 236236 a/b/c seems to leave me open even if I hit them and they don't block it, can I link it with any move or is it really just for bashing through projectiles? The SP version is really helpful as it helps me bash them into a corner, and the AI at one time used it in the middle of me using Battlers Meta Super which seems really godly.

Also, I know you can 123grab them in the air, so when I 2+C them with battler and switch to Dlanor I can jump and hit them twice or so and grab them, but I usually do this on accident because it seems I have to do it a certain way for the grab to actually function(that or I am not using her air grab correctly), can someone tell me when the correct time to use her grab in midair is?

Is Dlanor SUPPOSED to have very few combos like this, or am I just using her wrong?
No the AI isn't stupid, you can grab off of command grabs in this game. They also are unblockable if your oponent is not in hitstun (blocking animation from a previous move). Her grounded grab is quite fantastic since it can pick airborne characters too. If the combo count resets during a combo involving the grab, it means you messed up something.

What? Dlanor has excellent range on her normais. Get used to it :L

236236a/b/c? You must mean 623A/B/C. It's a move that has Guard Points on the initial frames (Dlanor will block *anything* briefly when she shields her sword and advances). Very useful for escaping pressure or when getting harassed on the wake-up.
And this move actually loses to projectiles and it's not meant to beat them, except for EX Version.
On Hit, it puts you and your opponent in a 50/50 situation... This means you can safely risk something like the command grab (I believe that command grabs beat normal attacks and some specials cleanly). The 50/50 concept is useless against CPUs, but believe me, it can really screw with a real opponent's mind.

Dont bother much with her air combos, the difficult isn't worth the extra damage it gives. But if you want to try, her "C" Version pushes her upwards and is the version I most. You can't go wrong with a well aligned j.B j.C 63214C.
If you wish to practice, do this in corner: "2C 5A 5C Super Jump cancel j.B j.C 63214C". Beware, 2C 5A is a 1 frame link and very hard to pull off. Another and easier option is: "Partner's 2C 5D (Attack Touch) 5A 5C Super Jump cancel j.B j.C 63214C".

Her combos are pretty simple, either end with 623 or 63214 and SP2 (236236C) for extra-damage.
Old 2012-01-09, 22:21   Link #2387
Walterion

Mind you, Dlanor's grabs aren't affected by combo diminishing returns. They hit as hard even if you are at the 200 hit in a combo, which makes them pretty damn nasty.
Old 2012-01-09, 22:24   Link #2388
immblueversion

So I get that Dlanor is a character who specializes in grabs. But what about Erika and B. Battler? And when Will, Bern, and Lambda come out, I wonder what kinds of characters they'll turn out to be, gameplay-wise.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2012-01-09, 22:54   Link #2389
orangejuicetang

I'm going to laugh if it turns out that one of the new characters has a move that does absolutely nothing... except oneshot the final B.Battler duo on hard mode

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2012-01-09, 23:11   Link #2390
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
So I get that Dlanor is a character who specializes in grabs. But what about Erika and B. Battler? And when Will, Bern, and Lambda come out, I wonder what kinds of characters they'll turn out to be, gameplay-wise.
Erika, air combos?

B Battler = Battler + Better Projectiles + Best SP2 in the game + Less jokes + Maniac Laugh.
Old 2012-01-09, 23:33   Link #2391
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
Mind you, Dlanor's grabs aren't affected by combo diminishing returns. They hit as hard even if you are at the 200 hit in a combo, which makes them pretty damn nasty.
The damage actually gets scaled, but the Minimum Damage for EX Grab (503~) is so high that we forget about that
I havent tested with Eva-oba-san as a partner yet, but her damage boost will certainly help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
B.Battler is just Battler with no Hadouken-like projectile and an extremely good SP2.
Erika confuses me, her damage output is very low. The best you can get from solo combos using meter and meta-super is around 2.1k. Mind you, even Siesta can do better than that.
She looks the type of character than can poke you from any range and escape from pressure. Her teleport and very low health suggest that...
Old 2012-01-10, 00:04   Link #2392
Walterion

Actually, B.Battler has it's flaws. His 2bar SP is traded off from the guaranteed stun after landing 3 metas. His ranged attacks can be easily avoided if you are on the move constantly, which happens almost all the time in a fight, but that is a trade off for the ability to track down the enemy's position and hit, even if they are behind you at the moment you used the ability.
Old 2012-01-10, 00:59   Link #2393
Oblivion

Somewhat related to Ougon. Starts at 6:08

Spoiler for Size:

I didn't make this but found it interesting. Not sure if this is just a coincidence or not, but Evil Battler?
Old 2012-01-10, 01:13   Link #2394
cronnoponno

Ah, I watched those videos, nearly all of them by now I think, very funny.

My favorite part was:

red: ''Detectives proclamation: The detective has the right to investigate the crime scene''

GOLD: ''Battlers FIST: Has the ability to punch the detective in the face''

But all 4 parts of that series are just funny, you guys should see the one this person made about EP 7 and the bomb.

I guess everyone was already expecting a Battler culprit theory that early.
Old 2012-01-10, 01:56   Link #2395
immblueversion

Also, "Evil-Battler's" appearance is clearly based on one of those tarot cards released with Umineko anime merchandise. And that came out two years before Ougon.

Spoiler for Image:

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2012-01-10, 02:47   Link #2396
cronnoponno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
No the AI isn't stupid, you can grab off of command grabs in this game. They also are unblockable if your oponent is not in hitstun (blocking animation from a previous move). Her grounded grab is quite fantastic since it can pick airborne characters too. If the combo count resets during a combo involving the grab, it means you messed up something.
Ah, thanks for the advice, but this part right here seems to have understood me wrong, sorry.

I mean, the AI doesn't block the C hit of my 2A+B+C which easily makes me knock them in the air, so I can do her grab, it's almost 90% of the time they never block my 2C

I assume since Dlanors C hit is a little slow, the AI thinks it's safe to try to counter me, when it's not, and as a consequence they're almost always hit with it and proceed to be grabbed, then given a nice 2C slap while they're on the ground.
Old 2012-01-10, 06:12   Link #2397
Shin Kyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337 View Post
I'm not being jealous, I'm being realistic. Specially because the first image he posted clearly showed he managed to do a perfect against him, which is just impossible. So I'm not trusting anything he's posting. And seriously, why should I be jealous? In fact, if he managed to do this and prove it with a video I would congratulate him for being awesome. This is the image he posted, btw.

If you have played against him, the image above is just impossible, I assure you. And what's the point of winning against it by cheating? There's no fun in that.
It wasnt a legit win. He admitted to using cheat engine to 1 hit kill B.Battler.
Old 2012-01-10, 06:17   Link #2398
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Kyo View Post
It wasnt a legit win. He admitted to using cheat engine to 1 hit kill B.Battler.
Doesn't that put us back at square one where nobodies managed to beat him?
'sides..I didn't think there were cheat engines for Ougon.
Old 2012-01-10, 06:37   Link #2399
Walterion

Quote:
Makes me so happy that people have to use cheat engines and want to get away with it.

Also, I have around 1 hour and 30 minutes of me trying to beat this bastard and failing, but it's good TRAINING FOOTAGE. I may edit a few things or commentate about it. Dunno what I will do, but I will do something with it.
Old 2012-01-10, 07:16   Link #2400
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
He did say that was made after he got angry at him. He then provided a pic with Rosa beating him which was more believable. He also mentioned the strat to beat him, which is aerial shoot him in princess mode. I think people corroborated that it was a valid strategy since the computer sucks at guarding those.
Closed Thread