AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2020-06-08, 15:29   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 982 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Early spoilers are here again! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for the info:

-Chapter title is "Ruffian meets ruffian". Splash involves Capone's group escaping the marines.

-Black Maria of the Tobi Roppou decides not to take part in the search for Yamato, instead choosing to party with Kaidou and Orochi. The shogun believes the Scabbards to be exterminated thanks to his spy, though Kaidou laments the fact that none of Oden's samurai apparently knew nothing about Laugh Tale. Soon, the traitorous Kanjurou finally reaches his master, with a beaten-down Momo in tow! The former Scabbard reports that their plan to destroy the rebellious samurai has failed, though they're still unaware that the army already infiltrated the island. However, the Oniwabanshu commander Fukurokuju reports that Luffy and Kid's crews are already causing trouble on the island, but Queen is handling them. However, despite this reassurance, Orochi is still uneasy about the situation. He then announces a new plan: To execute Momonosuke.....!!!

-Meanwhile, undersea in Law's submarine, Nekomamushi gets in contact with his fellow Scabbards via denden mushi, letting them know they'll meet at Onigashima. Out at the coast, Marco meets up with Neko on his ship, saying that since they arrived at the same time, it was meaningless to give Luffy a message of his arrival, which Neko promptly throws away.

-Back on the island, Denjirou (aka Kyoushirou) meets up with Sasaki of the Tobi Roppou! Since Sasaki still mistook him as an ally, the Scabbard managed to trick the pirate, binding him with chains. Meanwhile, Chopper and Usopp square off with Big Mom..... while trying to escape her at the same time. They manage to divert her attention away from Kinemon's army, allowing them to proceed. However, they have a run-in with Prometheus, Big Mom's "sun", who still hasn't forgiven Nami for capturing the living thundercloud, Zeus.....!!!

-Back at the banquet, Ulti forces her little brother Page One to give her a piggyback ride as they search for Yamato. However, they just so happen to bump into Luffy.....!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2020-06-12 at 09:30.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-09, 17:03   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sasaki and Who's who received a lot of hype, I'd be surprised if Denjirou could take care of Sasaki this easily.
Old 2020-06-10, 02:18   Link #3
Itsmepatrick

Denjirou should be stronger than Jack at the very least as he should be the strongest scabbard.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-10, 16:40   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmepatrick View Post
Denjirou should be stronger than Jack at the very least as he should be the strongest scabbard.
What makes you think he's stronger than Jack? I'd personally place the Scarbbards at mid Tobi Roppo level at best.
Old 2020-06-10, 22:17   Link #5
Itsmepatrick

Denjirou, Ashura,Inuarashi and Nekomamushi should be YC 3 with Denjirou being the strongest.
Old 2020-06-11, 01:07   Link #6
P_Dezz

I want to see Marco scream Nanto HO'Oken ougi!
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-11, 05:46   Link #7
Hoodspirit

Good chapter, but as expected Marco's message is pure BS.

Are we really to believe that he calculated 2 weeks prior that he'd be late by like 3-5 hours and make it a written note?

Other than that the chapter was pretty good. A bit puzzled why Sasaki wasn't killed on the spot after his capture though, but oh well.
Old 2020-06-12, 04:27   Link #8
WyrdMonger

That last page. Don’t tell me it’s going to encourage a bunch of Luffy x Ulti shipping.

Well, we’ll wait and see till next week.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-12, 07:03   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Rather than being overpowered by Denjirou, it seems like Sasaki was just tricked. Weird he'd just let himself be chained up without resistance of course, but I didn't notice any wounds on him.

Nice to see Orochi shitting his pants. Less nice to see him take it out on Momonosuke.
Old 2020-06-12, 07:42   Link #10
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Rather than being overpowered by Denjirou, it seems like Sasaki was just tricked. Weird he'd just let himself be chained up without resistance of course, but I didn't notice any wounds on him.

Nice to see Orochi shitting his pants. Less nice to see him take it out on Momonosuke.
He didn't see anything coming until it was too late, and then got a good look at exactly where his supposed buddy's real allegiances lie. Denjiro played him like a fiddle without letting anything slip up, but I doubt Sasaki would stay chained up for too long.

But where's Drake at? Did his real superiors change their minds and decide to risk getting involved in Wano after all?

Also, I chuckled at Ulti and Luffy at the end.
"TF do you want!?"
"I was going to ask you the same thing!"
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-12, 09:47   Link #11
Itsmepatrick

Ulti will become a fangirl of Luffy at the end of Wano War . She has been giving me the same vibe as Hancock with her cape, heels, her posture etc.. But that's just for me though .
Old 2020-06-12, 10:46   Link #12
marvelB

Yep, looks like Sasaki was merely outwitted, was all. Those chains better be made from sea stone though, otherwise I don't see them holding him for long, heh.

I also like how Usopp and Chopper had the state of mind to lead Linlin away from Kinemon's army despite the both of them panicking. But I guess at least in Chopper's case he was already pretty used to getting chased around by BM so he knows how to handle her, heh. And does anyone else think it would pretty neat if Nami managed to capture Prometheus for herself, as well?

As for Kaidou.... well, I can't say I'm surprised he's interested in Laugh Tale. I guess that was what he alluded to when he said he wanted to question the Scabbards a while back. And as far as the Ulti/Page One pair goes.... well, barring any interruptions, I suppose they might make for a good warmup for our rubber friend. Though, I'd still kinda rather see Sanji have a rematch with Pay-Pay, if anything. Luffy vs. Ulti sounds cool, but I'm still kinda unsure if Oda is willing to go the extra mile and give Luffy a drawn-out fight against a woman. I mean, it's not like he hasn't faced female opponents before (Big Mom, Monet, Hancock's sisters, just to name a few), but those prior bouts were all quite brief. Taking that into consideration, I'm not very confident we can expect Ulti to be a game changer (I'd be happy to be proven wrong, though)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What makes you think he's stronger than Jack? I'd personally place the Scarbbards at mid Tobi Roppo level at best.
Well, let's not forget that both Inu and Neko were fully capable of battling Jack and his forces to a stalemate at Zou (at least, up until Jack used Caesar's poison weapon to turn things around), and we later saw Ashura wound the same guy with little trouble this very storyline. Add in what Inu said about him and Neko still holding a trump card (which we now know are their Sulong forms), and I think it's pretty safe to say that at least a few of the Scabbards can stand toe to toe with some of the bigger boys.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-12, 11:16   Link #13
Zolton

I don't see Luffy and Ulti fighting seriously at all. Doubt either of them will be taken down. And thank God there's still no break, though we'll probably get one after the next chapter.
How long does it take to climb that waterfall? Weird how Marco just left it and went with Neko. Big Mom's kids should be back in no time.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-13, 15:49   Link #14
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmepatrick View Post
Ulti will become a fangirl of Luffy at the end of Wano War . She has been giving me the same vibe as Hancock with her cape, heels, her posture etc.. But that's just for me though .
I sure hope it doesn’t come to that. The last thing we want is another clueless Boa Hancock.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-14, 13:07   Link #15
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I don't think Luffy will waste his time to fight a woman.. I prefer to have Nico Robin to fight her

Brachiotank vs Big Mom though

Orochi is really a scum..
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-15, 07:27   Link #16
Nostxlgia
モンキー・D・ルフィ

Ulti will probably join Luffy's harem, I can see her competing with Boa. I'm beginning to understand what Oda meant by "Marineford is cute compared to Wano" statement. This brawl is going to be huge...

God Usopp and Chopper vs Big Mom though?? Let's go!
Nostxlgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-15, 12:21   Link #17
Zolton

We got spoilers for 983 already.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote