Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-16, 08:59   Link #541
ShadowKiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
But if Aokiji traps the "doppleman" in ice, then he has no where to move. and Moria can't use him anymore. I believe that the doppleman was in a semi-physical form, so he can be trapped by ice.

By the way, I can't get over the fact that the WG should have employed Moria for Impel Down....
Doppleman is a shadow... and even if he was in semi physical for when traped by ice moria showed that he can control shadows shape the way he wants so at any time the shadow that forms doppleman could be once again not in a physical form and escape the ice... still moria is no match for aokiji... not in a thousand years as he is right now... that is more than evident... i just pointed that he could actually escape from being frozen...
Old 2010-09-16, 09:27   Link #542
Kallen4life

Quote:
Aokiji's chilling power () may be cold enough to turn Akainu's magma to (frozen) rock
you must be joking .. Akainu evaporates ice, not melts

he overpowers fire, it's obvious he overpowers ice as well

I srsly doubt Aokiji produces -2XX C temperatures - it's just plain ice, like Ace = plain fire (not some omgwtf plasma)

Quote:
and he probably would have put out Ace's fire if they had fought beyond a single clash.
they were shown to be equals for a reason .. fire = ice, as well as fire = smoke .. lava > fire and I assume lava > ice

I have no doubt that Akainu > Aokiji simply because of his fruit (also Akainu withstood 2 quakes from WB - that's BB level endurance) .. Akainu will be a primary villain, he needs to be a serious threat .. that said - he just burns (pretty much pure offence, one of the highest and deadliest DFs can offer) and that's all - Aokiji has much more variety, as was pointed out above .. so overall the DF's are equal
Old 2010-09-16, 10:01   Link #543
Distinction

I think freeze>magma, but because it is a manga and it has limitations it is probably Akainu>Aokiji.
Old 2010-09-16, 11:50   Link #544
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKiko View Post
Now to make you happy that would not be the case if Aokiji is fighting Whitebeard
Whitebeard we saw what happened
Actually, Whitebeard's case was different. He was encased in a ball of ice, as opposed to getting his actual body completely frozen. Lucky for him .
Old 2010-09-16, 12:01   Link #545
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

I'm jonsing bad without my regular dosage of One Piece
Old 2010-09-16, 12:24   Link #546
ShadowKiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Actually, Whitebeard's case was different. He was encased in a ball of ice, as opposed to getting his actual body completely frozen. Lucky for him .
Still i think he would be able to get free without that much of a trouble even if he got frozen like robin or luffy did... i mean... they survived and are way weaker than WB. I think he would just break free of the ice... Ball of Ice or not...
Old 2010-09-16, 13:15   Link #547
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Robin survived because her crewmates were there to save her. Aokiji spared Luffy's life since he put an end to Crocodile's nefarious schemes. If Whitebeard broke out of Aokiji's "Ice Time", I would completely agree with you. But since it was another technique, it really comes down to speculation, hence the reason why I'm somewhat skeptical on this matter . So far, all of Aokiji's "Ice Time" victims have been rendered completely immobilized.
Old 2010-09-16, 13:25   Link #548
Kallen4life

I don't think Ice Time is instant though, as the block of ice technique

Aokiji could get a haki-quake to the face while freezing old WB (and he'd have to be up close & personal while doing so)

and since it's WB, he'd probably shrug off frostbite
Old 2010-09-16, 13:52   Link #549
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Indeed. Ice Time does take a few seconds until the victim is completely frozen, and it is during this time that the opponent could retaliate in a swift and deadly manner. This is probably the reason why Aokiji doesn't spam said move, especially against the top tiers.

In any case, Ice Time is something to watch out for.
Old 2010-09-16, 14:21   Link #550
Gaara7171

You know the admirals aren't the only people getting pumped.They are going to have to replace the 3 warlord. So I can't wait to see who they got to replace Gecko Moria, Jinbei, and Blackbeard.
Old 2010-09-16, 15:10   Link #551
james0246

^Personally, I hope more women will join the Shichibukai...more GAR women at that. Hancock is great, she powerful, hilarious, crazy, and definitely cool, but I want more "butch" woman in the Shichibukai. A woman who doesn't just use her beauty as a weapon, but rather her fist, then her elbow, then her shoulder, leg, shin, forehead...you get my point. Give me Badass Brenda!

Last edited by james0246; 2010-09-16 at 15:36.
Old 2010-09-16, 15:15   Link #552
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
A woman who doesn't get use her beauty as a weapon, but rather her fist, then her elbow, then her shoulder, leg, shin, forehead...you get my point. Give me Badass Brenda!
Judging by the Yonkou silhouettes and the name Big Mom, this description may fit said emperor very well .
Old 2010-09-16, 15:37   Link #553
james0246

Quote:
Judging by the Yonkou silhouettes and the name Big Mom, this description may fit said emperor very well .
Knowing Oda, he'll probably make Big Momma the nicest pirate in the Sea .
Old 2010-09-16, 15:51   Link #554
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Until you pissed her off, then watch out!
Old 2010-09-16, 15:54   Link #555
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Lola's mother and Dandan's sister.
Old 2010-09-16, 16:20   Link #556
ShadowKiko

Quote:
^ Robin survived because her crewmates were there to save her. Aokiji spared Luffy's life since he put an end to Crocodile's nefarious schemes. If Whitebeard broke out of Aokiji's "Ice Time", I would completely agree with you. But since it was another technique, it really comes down to speculation, hence the reason why I'm somewhat skeptical on this matter . So far, all of Aokiji's "Ice Time" victims have been rendered completely immobilized.
Still all the victioms of aokiji's ice time have been weak ones like luffy and robin... not someone on the level of WB (if there is anyone on the level of the quake man).
My point is that if Wb uses armor haki he may be able to use his quake habilities even when frozen... like aokiji said... you can't freeze a quake.
But i understand your point... i guess we would need a better explanation on aokiji's fruit and techniques... but i dont think WB would be the strongest man on OP world if he could be taken down by a single technique alone... come on... shanks haki was enough to crack WB ship... and when WB and Shanks colide their haki splited the sky in half... i think is somehow safe to assume that WB would be able to get free from Ice Time... Still... he may be one of the very few that could actually do it... In most of the cases... if you get frozen by ice time... game is over!
Old 2010-09-16, 16:22   Link #557
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Until you pissed her off, then watch out!
Just like a real Mother .
Old 2010-09-16, 17:01   Link #558
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKiko View Post
Still all the victioms of aokiji's ice time have been weak ones like luffy and robin...
VA Saul and Jozu would like to have a word with you .
Old 2010-09-16, 17:03   Link #559
marvelB

Quote:
^Personally, I hope more women will join the Shichibukai...more GAR women at that. Hancock is great, she powerful, hilarious, crazy, and definitely cool, but I want more "butch" woman in the Shichibukai. A woman who doesn't just use her beauty as a weapon, but rather her fist, then her elbow, then her shoulder, leg, shin, forehead...you get my point. Give me Badass Brenda!

Dadan for Shichibukai!
Old 2010-09-16, 17:32   Link #560
ShadowKiko

Quote:
VA Saul and Jozu would like to have a word with you .
Sure... Still... they're not in the same level as the Quake man... or near... my point is... shank's haki cracked WB ship with haki... i think WB could break the ice in the same way... or with his Quake habilities. But i guess in the end it all comes to what you can or cannot do with haki.
Even if we got the brief explanation in how haki works but it still there is much more to say about it however...
I still think that WB would not be the strongest if just one technique could take him out i mean... he and shanks spilt the sky for god sake...
Closed Thread