AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-04-15, 17:52   Link #2501
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Spoiler for Arc 4 Ch 75 part 2:


So she does has a sense of narcissism and its implied to be pretty extreme. Her surface personality tends to hide most of the time.

I'm enjoy the the witches actually arguing with each other here.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 11:34   Link #2502
lucasdeis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Spoiler for triangle stuff:
Thank you so much for answering all my questions but i have a few more

What i read on Reddit its that Subaru did ask emilia about the triangle stuff but emilia was like "who is rem? i dont know her" so he did actually ask her then or reddit was mistaken?

also Subaru does love Rem then? or just like or perhaps its like, loves more emilia than rem but still loves rem?
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 19:04   Link #2503
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
What would each of the Witches of Sin do for Subaru as an "older sister"?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 20:39   Link #2504
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: My House
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdeis View Post
Thank you so much for answering all my questions but i have a few more

What i read on Reddit its that Subaru did ask emilia about the triangle stuff but emilia was like "who is rem? i dont know her" so he did actually ask her then or reddit was mistaken?

also Subaru does love Rem then? or just like or perhaps its like, loves more emilia than rem but still loves rem?
If you ask me he loves both, but the entire attraction pre-arc 4 for Emilia didn't feel genuine.
Currently, we cannot place both on a scale with the LN (as it cuts a lot of the Rem Scenes and makes them more vague, whilst adding on to Emilia) but the WN (web novel and original source) makes it abundantly clear that Subaru is head over heels for Rem, and it makes a point that once she wakes up Subaru will devote more time to her.
I can understand how watching the anime makes you think that he doesn't love her, but the anime director is a biased man. The amount of cut Rem scenes is astounding, he actually makes it seem like there isn't any attraction between the two. Here's a quote from him:
"That’s a tough question. People will get mad at me no matter who I say (laughs). But I suppose that Rem’s role in the story is that of a sub-heroine, while Emilia is the main heroine. I directed episode 1 myself and did as much as I could to enhance her presence in the scenes to make up for her lack of screen time. I’d change her outfits and made sure she gave off a strong impression. As far as I’m concerned, the heroine is Emilia, but perhaps nobody will believe me when I say that. After all, Rem clearly acts more like a heroine (laughs). But please don’t forget the scenes that showcase Emilia as the heroine (laughs)."
Tappei doesn't list Rem as a sub-heroine, he lists her as a rising heroine. As for the Rem scenes he did cut, he removed the scenes which fleshed her out from just being bland waifubait, like her being a crazed pervert for Subaru, or how she isn't averse to violence (actually revels in it, and when Subaru asks not to kill a bunch of thugs, happily declares she'll half-kill them). She acknowledges that she's a flawed being and wishes to improve herself along with Subaru. The biggest scene that was cut was Subaru's confession to her (thats right, Subaru admits to her that he loves her and even says the one would have to be unable to shed blood and tears to reject her) and the near kiss scene right after.
__________________
Rage is like a blade.
Constant use will make it dull and weaken; it's user lacking purpose and aim. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with a mighty fire; a fierce blade, to cleave the one who beckoned their vengeance
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 22:07   Link #2505
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdeis View Post
Thank you so much for answering all my questions but i have a few more

What i read on Reddit its that Subaru did ask emilia about the triangle stuff but emilia was like "who is rem? i dont know her" so he did actually ask her then or reddit was mistaken?

also Subaru does love Rem then? or just like or perhaps its like, loves more emilia than rem but still loves rem?
Yes to both of your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
What would each of the Witches of Sin do for Subaru as an "older sister"?
Probably not any different than they are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
If you ask me he loves both, but the entire attraction pre-arc 4 for Emilia didn't feel genuine.
Utter nonsense. That flies in the face of the text, external and internal monologues thoughts of concerned individuals and the third parties who have observed them. If the fandom can easily accept his feelings for her in all that than it says more about you that legitimacy of the story.

Even in near the start of vol 3 has this:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Before than he can't even describe what he feeling for Emilia and is not completely sure of his feelings. As they say the heart doesn't lie otherwise none of are valid not just in this series but others stories. Rem also feels the same when she thinks about Subaru to an even more extreme degree emotionally, so pushing black on this would just be invaliding her feelings too.

Quote:
Currently, we cannot place both on a scale with the LN (as it cuts a lot of the Rem Scenes and makes them more vague, whilst adding on to Emilia) but the WN (web novel and original source) makes it abundantly clear that Subaru is head over heels for Rem, and it makes a point that once she wakes up Subaru will devote more time to her.
None of the Rems are cut or made all that vague. His thoughts on Rem are clears. His feeling for her does not affect his for Emilia in any version of the story which you do not seem to get. You also take what was said out of context, because in that quote is not said by Subaru. He would devote time to her becasue she needs to recover and has effectively been absent for a year not because he loves her more.

Quote:
I can understand how watching the anime makes you think that he doesn't love her, but the anime director is a biased man. The amount of cut Rem scenes is astounding, he actually makes it seem like there isn't any attraction between the two. Here's a quote from him:
"That’s a tough question. People will get mad at me no matter who I say (laughs). But I suppose that Rem’s role in the story is that of a sub-heroine, while Emilia is the main heroine. I directed episode 1 myself and did as much as I could to enhance her presence in the scenes to make up for her lack of screen time. I’d change her outfits and made sure she gave off a strong impression. As far as I’m concerned, the heroine is Emilia, but perhaps nobody will believe me when I say that. After all, Rem clearly acts more like a heroine (laughs). But please don’t forget the scenes that showcase Emilia as the heroine (laughs)."
The director says nothing about Rem's feelings for Subaru in that passage. You injected your personal anxieties about your ship in that. Besides being a main heroine which what the subject was about has nothing to do being love interest. The plenty of LN have females leads who are not involved romantically with their male leads like Alderman in the Sky. While Rem's character might be, Emilia worth and future aspirations are not dependent on being Subaru's lover. She has goals outside of him that connect to the core the story.

Quote:
Tappei doesn't list Rem as a sub-heroine, he lists her as a rising heroine. As for the Rem scenes he did cut, he removed the scenes which fleshed her out from just being bland waifubait, like her being a crazed pervert for Subaru, or how she isn't averse to violence (actually revels in it, and when Subaru asks not to kill a bunch of thugs, happily declares she'll half-kill them).
I'm reading the LN right now and anime didn't much of anything concerning Rem anymore than did the other characters. They were altered, but not cut. Those scenes certainly didn't reveal anymore about her than anime show. The stuff that you mention like her pervertness are not even things show in the LN, but in the side-stories where cast in general showcase traits that aren't present in the main plot. Nobody in this series adverse to violence and the scene with hugs wasn't about that but her recklessness that Ram warned Subaru about. None of stuff removed would change her waifubait status to anyone who cares.

Yanderes and/or damaged girls are the most waifu'd out of many of the known anime female archetypes, so I don't what made you think this would change things. Waifuism is about how you feel about a character not their characteristics. That's why Subaru seen as husbando material by a good number of the female fandom for this series despite being the most flawed character in story.

Quote:
She acknowledges that she's a flawed being and wishes to improve herself along with Subaru.
Many of characters in this story do this. Emilia did at end of Arc 3, Ram, Betty, Roswaal, Garf in Arc 4 etc. Your second part never happens. Subaru says he wants live to ideal her version of him (even though he is already that in her eyes), but Rem doesn't say anything wanting to improve on anything with him.

It's also weird for you to start invoking Tappei given your statement earlier. But I realize you are just cherrypicking what you want to hear. Notice that any of my comments I don't ever have deny Subaru's feelings for Rem to push his for Emilia, becasue the story is written in a way where I nor anyone have to unless you are forcing that view. That only undermines your position further.

Quote:
The biggest scene that was cut was Subaru's confession to her (thats right, Subaru admits to her that he loves her and even says the one would have to be unable to shed blood and tears to reject her) and the near kiss scene right after.
Which is half-right. The scene still happens on the anime, bit the dialogue is altered to convey the same meaning but in less words and I would know this because I have rewatched the anime recently. Moreover during Arc 4 in both LN and WN his inter-monologues point out those thoughts about her.

Nothing in your supports that he his feelings for Emilia aren't genuine, only that he has feelings for Rem too which nobody was debating in the first place. Even Rem never questions his feelings for Emilia, and it's part of reason why she kept insisting for him not to give up, so I don't know why this even a talking point. For all intents and purposes it's a settled issue.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-04-17 at 02:06.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-17, 18:09   Link #2506
lucasdeis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Yes to both of your questions.
Who does he love more? I mean he chose emilia when rem confessed so i suppose emilia right? or he admits he loves them both the same?

and what is his goal? he loves them both greatly but what if emilia says she doesnt want to be in a 3 relationship how do you think he'd act as far as we know him up to arc 6
and would emilia actually say no to a relationship like that?

Last edited by lucasdeis; 2018-04-17 at 21:18.
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-17, 20:24   Link #2507
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdeis View Post
Who does he love more? I mean he chose emilia when rem confessed so i suppose emilia right? or he admits he loves them both the same?
You could say Emilia based on the fact that he rejected Rem, but I believe that when you genuinely love more than one girl, you have something special with each one that can't be compared to the other.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-17, 22:26   Link #2508
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Right. He doesn't compare them and likes both different reasons.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 02:23   Link #2509
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: My House
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Yes to both of your questions.



Probably not any different than they are now.



Utter nonsense. That flies in the face of the text, external and internal monologues thoughts of concerned individuals and the third parties who have observed them. If the fandom can easily accept his feelings for her in all that than it says more about you that legitimacy of the story.

Even in near the start of vol 3 has this:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Before than he can't even describe what he feeling for Emilia and is not completely sure of his feelings. As they say the heart doesn't lie otherwise none of are valid not just in this series but others stories. Rem also feels the same when she thinks about Subaru to an even more extreme degree emotionally, so pushing black on this would just be invaliding her feelings too.
Funny. How does the rant in episode 13 seem anything healthy to you? You sound like a certain phone user I know, who passes off the railgun Kuroko rape attempts as "friendly banter" The fact that he places her on a pedestal higher then even she is comfortable with? The fact that she left him in the capital to have him stop associating with her? The fact that he believes he deserves her for effort that she can never know of? That relationship isn't healthy, its strained and its all coming from Subaru. Stop trying to paint Subaru in a better light, he's a scummy character who quite frequently quotes 5ch/5chan memes. The point of Arc 3 is for Subaru to become a better character and grow out from his then-current mentality as well as his limitations and issues. If he was a healthy human being that could interact with people normally then Emilia wouldn't have ditched him in the capital.
His love for Emilia is a mere fetish love as seen with the various amount of silver haired heroine posters in the past trial in Arc 4. That's not counting the weird thing that happens to him occasionally where his body gets "possessed". its quite clear that his body has been tampered with. That, and he feels some sort of attraction to the witch despite never having met her before (and coincidentally, the witch is a half elf that looks like Emilia). But of course, you blatantly ignore this fact to push your headcanon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
None of the Rems are cut or made all that vague. His thoughts on Rem are clears. His feeling for her does not affect his for Emilia in any version of the story which you do not seem to get. You also take what was said out of context, because in that quote is not said by Subaru. He would devote time to her becasue she needs to recover and has effectively been absent for a year not because he loves her more.
Bud. I'll pull up the exact quote and elaborate it for you to understand.
https://remonwater.wordpress.com/201...-warm-welcome/

[Roswaal: You say that, but wouldnt her awakening be troublesome for Emilia-sama? Subaru-kun has strong feelings for that girl, no matter how you look at it. In fact, theyre as strong as the feelings he has for you.]
[Emilia: Yeah. I think thats right. Subaru will devote himself to that girl for a while, and he might stop caring about me as well.]
[Subaru: No. Under no circumstances would that..]
happen. It shouldnt happen.
He swears that his feelings towards Emilia would not waver from now on either.
Its just that his feelings for Emilia were a different part of the entirety of his feelings. Him having strong feelings towards Rem is a fact, and just like Emilia said, if she were to wake up, there was no doubt that hed become devoted to her.
However, she says its fine to Subaru. Then

[Emilia: If it makes Subaru turn the other way, that just means that Ill be the one this time to do my best for you to turn my way. Im not worried about Subaru suddenly not being there. Therefore, Ill also have you come my way, no matter how madly in love you become with Rem with how cute she is.]
How you can interpret that as simply "I-ITS JUST HIM HELPING HER TO RECOVER BECAUSE SHE'S BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG!". Implications are important son, and taking Subaru's words and thoughts literally is foolish. You have to look deeper into it to discover what it truly means. Besides that, it would make the little declaration Emilia makes after quite foolish and out of place, its clear it was referring to love. Why else would Emilia need to basically say "I'll steal back your affections"? It's funny how you accuse me of seeing the story the way I want to see it. You are guilty of the same crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
The director says nothing about Rem's feelings for Subaru in that passage. You injected your personal anxieties about your ship in that. Besides being a main heroine which what the subject was about has nothing to do being love interest. The plenty of LN have females leads who are not involved romantically with their male leads like Alderman in the Sky. While Rem's character might be, Emilia worth and future aspirations are not dependent on being Subaru's lover. She has goals outside of him that connect to the core the story.
As I said, implications. To be honest, from a pure business standpoint why even try to neuter Rem, the series's cashcow? Her reception was overwhelmingly positive even in WN character polls and I can imagine they would have achieved more sales in focusing on her. It can't be a business decision then, it must be a personal decision by the director. Watanabe mentions that he sees Emilia more as a main heroine and that he sees Rem as a subheroine, implications are important. After all, Rem's presence in arc 3 more then merits her a stronger title then sub-heroine (lets be real, and the director admits himself, Rem feels more like a main heroine then Emilia in arc 3). Sure, the main heroine doesn't need to be in love with the main character but she also needs to be pivotal in the development of said main-character and the development of the plot. What Rem does in arc 3 (and even Director-kun points out and understands why people would feel that) is main heroinish material. Viewing her as a subheroine spits in the face of those contributions. Its obvious that his enhancing of Emilia and (obviously, not admitting to save face) reduction of Rem was due to Personal Bias. Director Bias does happen as seen with Hashimoto and Horikita from "Classroom of the Elite".
You literally cannot read the meanings behind things that are said and take it literally. Thats probably why you misunderstood the quote up above.
The only thing of Emilia's thats connected to the story is her history, her appearance and the thing entrapped in her village. Her goals are not even intended to open the thing inside the village, so they are only loosely connected to the core of the story which is the Witch (and even then, that depends on what is in that place).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I'm reading the LN right now and anime didn't much of anything concerning Rem anymore than did the other characters. They were altered, but not cut. Those scenes certainly didn't reveal anymore about her than anime show. The stuff that you mention like her pervertness are not even things show in the LN, but in the side-stories where cast in general showcase traits that aren't present in the main plot. Nobody in this series adverse to violence and the scene with hugs wasn't about that but her recklessness that Ram warned Subaru about. None of stuff removed would change her waifubait status to anyone who cares.

Yanderes and/or damaged girls are the most waifu'd out of many of the known anime female archetypes, so I don't what made you think this would change things. Waifuism is about how you feel about a character not their characteristics. That's why Subaru seen as husbando material by a good number of the female fandom for this series despite being the most flawed character in story.
Oh my god I'm actually red right now. How can you be so blatantly ignorant ? The LN from volumes 1-8 had changes that were negligible or weren't that important to the grand scheme of things. I have no issue with it. Now from Volume 9 after, you'll hear me yell about it.
How ridiculous for you to mention that the anime doesn't cut scenes. Reading this little statement made it hard for me to take you seriously, cause the anime cuts down heavily on her scenes and alters it. The direction the anime decided to take with her feels so different from the LN/WN that its astounding. As I mentioned before, its funny how you accuse me of seeing the story in the way I wanted to look at it. Don't blame me, you decided to go all ad hominem on me. I'm just reminding you of your hypocrisy.
And yes, those scenes did show more about her. They reveal her tendencies, more of her personality. The Rem I watched felt more and more bland the moment I started to read more of her WN and LN scenes. Arc 3 is not a small arc, so many scenes display her characteristics. i understand if its due to episode limitations, but the anime scenes that were cut out or altered to make shorter featured her. I am well aware of other scenes that are cut out that dont feature her.
You can't seriously pass that off as a reason to waifu Rem. I doubt any people even know a bit of her psycho tendencies, and this is due to comments and posts I've seen on the internet and friends. Anywhere I go, I see affection for her simply because she's so devoted to the point of killing herself for him. That and they hold extreme pity for how the anime displays her feelings as unrequited.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Many of characters in this story do this. Emilia did at end of Arc 3, Ram, Betty, Roswaal, Garf in Arc 4 etc.Your second part never happens. Subaru says he wants live to ideal her version of him (even though he is already that in her eyes), but Rem doesn't say anything wanting to improve on anything with him.

It's also weird for you to start invoking Tappei given your statement earlier. But I realize you are just cherrypicking what you want to hear. Notice that any of my comments I don't ever have deny Subaru's feelings for Rem to push his for Emilia, becasue the story is written in a way where I nor anyone have to unless you are forcing that view. That only undermines your position further.
Do they mention they want to become better with Subaru? I understand the need for self improvement, and how its a common motivation for many factors. Thing is though, she also recognizes the faults of Subaru and does something in Arc 3 to rectify them when most of the other characters told him to fuck off, including Emilia. Subaru mentions that Rem expects the most from him, and that he doesn't want to fail her expectations. Subaru actually likes the fact that she places expectations for him, its a relationship where both parties are supporting eachother. Why do you want Rem to say it? Why can you not understand that actions speak louder then words? Is that why you're so attracted to Emilia and Subaru's relationship? Because Subaru is vocal about his love for her?
Look back to the first part, I mention that Subaru and Emilia's relationship isn't healthy or genuine before Arc 4 where Subaru starts to make it a genuine. Its initially built on superficial things (Oh thank you Emilia you are super kind, super beautiful and you helped me once. I love you enough to die for you) but Subaru makes it meaningful in arc 4 and tries to build something. It's not a personal view of mine and I quite like how it develops from something like that. Its just the scene of his fallout with her in arc 3 only enforces it as such.
Also I never invoked Tappei save for the fact that I mentioned he called her a rising heroine. You're not making any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Which is half-right. The scene still happens on the anime, bit the dialogue is altered to convey the same meaning but in less words and I would know this because I have rewatched the anime recently. Moreover during Arc 4 in both LN and WN his inter-monologues point out those thoughts about her.

Nothing in your supports that he his feelings for Emilia aren't genuine, only that he has feelings for Rem too which nobody was debating in the first place. Even Rem never questions his feelings for Emilia, and it's part of reason why she kept insisting for him not to give up, so I don't know why this even a talking point. For all intents and purposes it's a settled issue.
Good for you, cause I have the scene right in front of me as I type this out. It's been 2 years since I watched it so I guess I was in for a little treat. The scene doesn't convey what you said, not at all. The entire confession and attempted kiss are cut out, a heart-warming scene is just rendered heavily neutered. The whole I want you to be at my side thing is turned vague. Vague enough that without proper context it just makes it seem like they are going to be eternal accomplices and friends especially with the supposed rejection on episode 18. Actually, even with proper context it just basically provides little romantic meaning. You could easily spin it off as something else

Check first post for why its not natural at first. I only wished to make known that the anime did a shit job at conveying that romance, that now its common to see Rem in lists where they mention heroines that lost. And Rem doesn't question his feelings for her, but its not about that. Its about how unclear they've made his relationship with Rem.
__________________
Rage is like a blade.
Constant use will make it dull and weaken; it's user lacking purpose and aim. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with a mighty fire; a fierce blade, to cleave the one who beckoned their vengeance
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 06:57   Link #2510
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Funny. How does the rant in episode 13 seem anything healthy to you? You sound like a certain phone user I know, who passes off the railgun Kuroko rape attempts as "friendly banter" The fact that he places her on a pedestal higher then even she is comfortable with? The fact that she left him in the capital to have him stop associating with her? The fact that he believes he deserves her for effort that she can never know of? That relationship isn't healthy, its strained and its all coming from Subaru. Stop trying to paint Subaru in a better light, he's a scummy character who quite frequently quotes 5ch/5chan memes.
The fact that you think quoting internet memes makes you scum shows how ridiculous your definition of word is. Stop talking about ep13 and simplifying like you didn't know what going on there. Subaru didn't even mean what he said and came out sprout of moment frustrations when he couldn't tell Emilia what was going. If we use that some barometer for unhealthy that would barely be blimp compared to killing and torturing a person primarily out of selfishness and hate which go beyond the norm of unhealthy. Yet you no problem still trying to ship her with Subaru. And yes that was her real reason for doing as shown in he 2nd trial.

Spoiler for Arc 4 Ch 72:


Not only Rem cannot even deny Emilia's accusations, but the but it's even confirmed during Subaru and Rem confrontation in the 3rd loop of Arc 2. So don't try excuse this with protecting the house crap. Even the story doesn't agree.

Subaru is actually has nuance to his character as being a good kid with baggage. A scummy person wouldn't help someone search for a lost item nor bother to risk their lives to help said person from an assassination attempt. A scummy person wouldn't feel responsible for letting people die for his mistakes (Felt & Rom). A scummy person wouldn't save some kids he barely knew and remember all their aspirations I can go on and on. Being selfish, annoying or immature at times doesn't make him Satan. I don't need to put Subaru in a better light, his deeds and relationships speak for themselves. There reason why he won over the Emilia, Rem and villagers by the time arc 3 rolled around.

Quote:
The point of Arc 3 is for Subaru to become a better character and grow out from his then-current mentality as well as his limitations and issues. If he was a healthy human being that could interact with people normally then Emilia wouldn't have ditched him in the capital.
Which has nothing do how genuine his feelings are. He can interact with people well enough otherwise he wouldn't even be near Emilia in the first place. He wouldn't have been able to a form friendship with her, Rem and Puck nor would he grander empathy from Betty who actually enjoyed his company despite her outward complaints which becomes a keypoint in their relationship in Arc 4. His own feelings are validated even Rem and ultimately his and Emilia reconciliation where he admits his own mistakes and shows that his pride isn't more important that her. All he ever wanted was to be needed by her in the first place.

Quote:
His love for Emilia is a mere fetish love as seen with the various amount of silver haired heroine posters in the past trial in Arc 4.
What kind of 5 year old logic is that? Having a type doesn't make you incapable of loving someone seriously. If his feelings were hat simply he should have fallen for Sirius as soon as she show up then. Oh when Rem talks how she likes his physical features I guess that means she fetish him and doesn't actually like him too? This not even getting into point that Subaru fell for Emilia's personality not just her looks.

Quote:
That's not counting the weird thing that happens to him occasionally where his body gets "possessed". its quite clear that his body has been tampered with. That, and he feels some sort of attraction to the witch despite never having met her before (and coincidentally, the witch is a half elf that looks like Emilia). But of course, you blatantly ignore this fact to push your headcanon.
Considering that first point has nothing to do with Emilia (who witness both these occurrences in distress) and that Emilia and Satella have little to do with each other beyond appearance this doesn't even hold up. His attraction to Satella only happened when Satella herself was around and Subaru was able discretion that it didn't even feel like his own emotions which unlike how he is with Emilia and Rem.

Quote:
Bud. I'll pull up the exact quote and elaborate it for you to understand.
https://remonwater.wordpress.com/201...-warm-welcome/
Perhaps missed the implication that I have already read this in my previous post which should have been obvious when I mentioned Emilia's name. Not only did your quote contradict zero what I said. Even Emilia who made the original speculation isn't worried about him not being there. Posting the text did nothing, but spoil people.

Quote:
How you can interpret that as simply "I-ITS JUST HIM HELPING HER TO RECOVER BECAUSE SHE'S BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG!". Implications are important son, and taking Subaru's words and thoughts literally is foolish.
You implications are waifu shipping nonsense that reveals a unwillingness to let go and read any and everything as for or against your ship. That's why you have your posts turning Subaru and co into caricatures, stripping their feelings and being reductive about their circumstances. Subaru has long since settled his feelings about Emilia and Rem. If he didn't love Emilia, we wouldn't have the story we have right now. He would not have literally shed blood and sweat for her. Even the tagline that has appeared since very first book of LN long before exemplify his feelings thematically. The only reason to keep fishing anything you can spin as contrary is becasue you are simply mad that Rem doesn't get him just becasue she died a bunch of times which tugged at your heartstrings. You care more about her feelings than you do his.

Quote:
You have to look deeper into it to discover what it truly means. Besides that, it would make the little declaration Emilia makes after quite foolish and out of place, its clear it was referring to love. Why else would Emilia need to basically say "I'll steal back your affections"? It's funny how you accuse me of seeing the story the way I want to see it. You are guilty of the same crime.
Whether I have to look deeper into anything or not does not mean have to come to same conclusions as you or that anything is even there. Actual statements>interpretations. This also your entire basis for shipping Rem with Subaru as you the very same text as definitive words without ever questioning them or trying to read them as anything other than what was said. So drop the double standards here, you don't get to have your cake and eat it too.

Quote:
As I said, implications. To be honest, from a pure business standpoint why even try to neuter Rem, the series's cashcow? Her reception was overwhelmingly positive even in WN character polls and I can imagine they would have achieved more sales in focusing on her. It can't be a business decision then, it must be a personal decision by the director. Watanabe mentions that he sees Emilia more as a main heroine and that he sees Rem as a subheroine, implications are important. After all, Rem's presence in arc 3 more then merits her a stronger title then sub-heroine (lets be real, and the director admits himself, Rem feels more like a main heroine then Emilia in arc 3). Sure, the main heroine doesn't need to be in love with the main character but she also needs to be pivotal in the development of said main-character and the development of the plot.
Nobody is neutering Rem beyond you conspiracy ridden mind. If your criteria for not being a main heroine is not being present for small portions of a story than Rem will could never be one since she doesn't even exist for Arc 1 and is put on bus from Arc 4 onward. This not even getting to obvious elephant in the room that Arc 3 itself wouldn't even exist without Emilia. The developments from very beginning of towards the end of it are tied to her. She was reason why the cult attacked and why Subaru was desperate to form alliance with Crusch. She is the reason why Rem even got spend time with Subaru in that arc instead of returning to mansion with others. Rem only feels like that one becasue of regency bias in the middle of arc where she is prominent until the end of White Whale battle.

Secondary characters having a spot in the limelight is one of most common thing in Japanese fiction. Read any shounen or senien you will see the same thing. Rem's popularity on polls WN or otherwise means little since Emilia ranks high on them too.

Quote:
What Rem does in arc 3 (and even Director-kun points out and understands why people would feel that) is main heroinish material. Viewing her as a subheroine spits in the face of those contributions. Its obvious that his enhancing of Emilia and (obviously, not admitting to save face) reduction of Rem was due to Personal Bias. Director Bias does happen as seen with Hashimoto and Horikita from "Classroom of the Elite".
You literally cannot read the meanings behind things that are said and take it literally. Thats probably why you misunderstood the quote up above.
The only thing of Emilia's thats connected to the story is her history, her appearance and the thing entrapped in her village. Her goals are not even intended to open the thing inside the village, so they are only loosely connected to the core of the story which is the Witch (and even then, that depends on what is in that place).
Like is this first director for anything you have looked up? A Director is creative position not a management one whom has board discretion to do what he or she want in project. Don't tell me you are only just realizing this now are only bothering becasue your a Rem super fanboy (so you have no right talking about anyone else in this area) which takes umbrage anything not being pro Rem. Emilia doesn't even get anymore screentime in the anime than she had in LN (actually had scenes cut), but your up in arms because the director has personal opinions? Just stop, views like this and Darling in the FranXX seriously show why shippers are some of most toxic people in any fandom.

Quote:
Oh my god I'm actually red right now. How can you be so blatantly ignorant ? The LN from volumes 1-8 had changes that were negligible or weren't that important to the grand scheme of things. I have no issue with it. Now from Volume 9 after, you'll hear me yell about it.
Spare me here. You know how negligible changes in the earlier volumes are is dependent on your perception of what is done with Rem in them. If you actually cared about integrity of the work we wouldn't be having this discussion right now where you contradict Subaru own feelings (externally and internally) about Emilia which have been interwoven into story as plainly Rem has for him. If you can't move past that, you don't really have much business talking about this.

Quote:
How ridiculous for you to mention that the anime doesn't cut scenes. Reading this little statement made it hard for me to take you seriously, cause the anime cuts down heavily on her scenes and alters it. The direction the anime decided to take with her feels so different from the LN/WN that its astounding. As I mentioned before, its funny how you accuse me of seeing the story in the way I wanted to look at it. Don't blame me, you decided to go all ad hominem on me. I'm just reminding you of your hypocrisy.

And yes, those scenes did show more about her. They reveal her tendencies, more of her personality. The Rem I watched felt more and more bland the moment I started to read more of her WN and LN scenes. Arc 3 is not a small arc, so many scenes display her characteristics. i understand if its due to episode limitations, but the anime scenes that were cut out or altered to make shorter featured her. I am well aware of other scenes that are cut out that dont feature her.
You can't seriously pass that off as a reason to waifu Rem. I doubt any people even know a bit of her psycho tendencies, and this is due to comments and posts I've seen on the internet and friends. Anywhere I go, I see affection for her simply because she's so devoted to the point of killing herself for him. That and they hold extreme pity for how the anime displays her feelings as unrequited.
I will say it again. I am reading the LN which I personally brought at this very moment. Rem didn't have a whole bunch of scenes cut out her. Stop using talking points from /a/. Yes she had some cut out, yes there altercations, but that's it. Most of her scenes where in the anime same as everyone else. This like saying Aohige or Latheian wrong about what they are talking about despite actually reading WN and LN themselves. Oh I like to add neither of them nor any WN reader who have posted on this forum ever claimed that Subaru's feelings weren't ever genuine at any point in the story. Not even people like Claris reddit who was providing translations for us back in the day said this and stated that Subaru loved both of them. Even most of Japanese fandom doesn't argue his feeling for Emilia outside extreme outliners. The fact you only hear this crap from /a/ says a lot especially considering that the site is consistently biased, and flat out wrong almost all the time.

Lastly you can't tell people what or who to waifu. Zero-Two form Darling in the FranXX waifu to hell despite having freaking problems on top of being a monster. Pitying or sympathy with character affections for them which are basis for waifuism. Reality doesn't care about you opinion or view on this matter becasue that not how others see it. This includes Rem's fanbase.

Quote:
Do they mention they want to become better with Subaru? I understand the need for self improvement, and how its a common motivation for many factors. Thing is though, she also recognizes the faults of Subaru and does something in Arc 3 to rectify them when most of the other characters told him to fuck off, including Emilia.
That is easy to say when he either acts like a ignorant asshole or puts his foot in his mouth to anyone but her in that arc. Subaru pushed everyone on his own by being unwilling to compromise and getting big headed. That said otherhand Rem murdered and tortured him which nobody ever came close to doing. It's an inconvenient truth that Rem fans willingly try to forget about for good reason but she done much worse to him than anyone else who wasn't a antagonist. So it's not she this precious snowflake who always had his back. Had the Subaru never been attacked by Meili which set off Arc 2 and Arc 3 had happened, Rem would have acted no different from anyone else. Rem is madly love in with Subaru and see him as his savior which is why she give him that chance. Emilia for her part has always tried to lend her ear from Arc 2 onward if simply out of friendship.

Quote:
Subaru mentions that Rem expects the most from him, and that he doesn't want to fail her expectations. Subaru actually likes the fact that she places expectations for him, its a relationship where both parties are supporting eachother. Why do you want Rem to say it?
Because they relationship is not like that. Yes Subaru likes people which why tries hard to win Emilia's trust becasue he wants her to expect things from him. Rem supports Subaru in that endeavor as she said she would in From Zero. But Subaru does not support her equally. After From Zero he's not the one giving her pep talks, she is. He's not the one protecting her back from the cult or White Whale, she is.

And if you are gonna bring up the SS where he is doing nice things for he, Subaru's been doing that for every character not named Roswaal in them too. This also not unique to her.

Quote:
Why can you not understand that actions speak louder then words? Is that why you're so attracted to Emilia and Subaru's relationship? Because Subaru is vocal about his love for her?
This is rich and what I am exactly talking about. Actions speak louder than words? What do think he's been doing in Arc 1-3? Subaru has been risking his life for Emilia throughout that entire time! He hasn't just been saying things! It's exactly why Rem doesn't question his love for Emilia in fact expected his answer to her confession.

Quote:
Look back to the first part, I mention that Subaru and Emilia's relationship isn't healthy or genuine before Arc 4 where Subaru starts to make it a genuine. Its initially built on superficial things (Oh thank you Emilia you are super kind, super beautiful and you helped me once. I love you enough to die for you) but Subaru makes it meaningful in arc 4 and tries to build something. It's not a personal view of mine and I quite like how it develops from something like that. Its just the scene of his fallout with her in arc 3 only enforces it as such.
Subaru and Emilia relationship was built off mutual benefit and understanding. They had good chemistry and when things got tough they came through together. Neither didn't just help each other once and while they were not lovers they became fast friends whom saw each other as benefactors. Those small and big moment they shared together where precious to him magnified further becasue "grasped" he liked her. They are no more superficial than Rem talking about loving the way he walks or how happy she was to cut his hair. This is normal lovely-dovely stuff and you're complete hypocrite to prop the exact same thing over another out of preference. That is in a nutshell is your entire position to the core. What's next? At one point Subaru holds hands with both Emilia and Rem but only one of them is truly meaningful?

At the end, yes they had their times when they miscommunicated, but they eventually worked their differences and grew closer for it. It's like you have no idea why Emilia was fairly open to reconciling at all with him on the first place, it's becasue of their past friendship.

Quote:
Also I never invoked Tappei save for the fact that I mentioned he called her a rising heroine. You're not making any sense.
You brought up a comment he made (which is vague as hell) to push you narrative. How are you not evoking him? I'm just calling you out for doing so to support point while having the nerve deny what he has written out of personal bias.

Quote:
Good for you, cause I have the scene right in front of me as I type this out. It's been 2 years since I watched it so I guess I was in for a little treat. The scene doesn't convey what you said, not at all. The entire confession and attempted kiss are cut out, a heart-warming scene is just rendered heavily neutered. The whole I want you to be at my side thing is turned vague. Vague enough that without proper context it just makes it seem like they are going to be eternal accomplices and friends especially with the supposed rejection on episode 18. Actually, even with proper context it just basically provides little romantic meaning. You could easily spin it off as something else
That's funny becasue I got that even without having read the scene prior. I doubt this really matters with you though since unless it was exactly has how the LN had it it would not be good enough for you. You are denial about interest in another person other than Rem so why would you be able the nuance here anyway? You only infer what want to.

Quote:
Check first post for why its not natural at first. I only wished to make known that the anime did a shit job at conveying that romance, that now its common to see Rem in lists where they mention heroines that lost. And Rem doesn't question his feelings for her, but its not about that. Its about how unclear they've made his relationship with Rem.
But Subaru did reject her technically. The only difference in the later scene which happened after the White Whale battle was that he accepted her feelings directly in LN instead implying it in the anime, before the start of the battle. Even then his thoughts he states that this feelings towards Emilia hadn't changed, but you basically saying that he's lying which goes against that. So who are you to say if romance handled well or not in the anime when you are even arguing against the original text itself? You only primarily care about Rem herself and denounce anything have her monopolizing.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-04-22 at 16:21.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 17:37   Link #2511
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Okay since Tappei is working WN again here are some quick summaries of the new chapters that have been posted. This is for Ch 36-41 and they are not all from one place and they are written by different people. Not all of them are very detail either.

As a reminder:

Spoiler for Arc 6 Ch 35 bombshell:


Chicken has translated part of this chapter already so you can read it on his site.

Now, the new stuff:

Spoiler for Arc 6 Ch 36 - A Place for Relief:


Spoiler for Arc 6 Ch 37 ハリボテの見る夢 - Haribote's Dream:


Spoiler for Arc 6 Ch 38 オマエハダレダ:


Spoiler for Arc 6 Ch 39:


Spoiler for Arc 6 Ch 40 - Abandoned by the Starry Sky:


Spoiler for Arc 6 Ch 41 - "Odor of Peace":


That's everything up to now.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-04-18 at 19:54.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 15:58   Link #2512
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Chicken has both Arc 4 Ch 75 part 5 (finishing it) and Arc 5 Ch 39 (all) up.

New WN chapter up. Here is the summary.

Spoiler for Arc 6 Ch 42 Tower of the Dead:
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-02, 10:37   Link #2513
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
So some peeps over at reddit are translating the side-stories and new SS images have surfaced.

I'll post what has been do so far:

Gekkan Comic Alive Stories:
Royal Election Prequel: Reinhard vs Cecilus Part 1.1 &1.2 done

Royal Election Prequel: The Successor of Blue - Ch 1 done

Otto's Peddling Record of Joy and Sorrow - all completed

TC has released two new chapters of the WN:

Arc 4 Ch 77: [All Alone……] (Part 1/2)

Arc 5 Ch 40: [The Erosion of Wrath] (Part 1/2)

Frederica and Petra's Maid Days Part 3:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Garfiel and Ram's Twisted Twisted Twisted Love Situation ZERO (his has been fully translated and there more images for this on the wiki):
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 20:25   Link #2514
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
New WN chapter out and here the summary for it:

Spoiler for Arc 6 Ch 43 Tower of the Living:


TC has Arc 4 Ch 77 [All Alone] (Part 2/2) up.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 10:03   Link #2515
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Arc 4 Ch 78 parts 1 & 2 up.

Pretty fantastic chapter and


Quote:
Producing a resounding boom, Minerva’s full-forced strike sent Typhon flying.
The prepubescent girl was blown away as easily as a leaf, dancing through the meadow’s artificial sky. It was a rather brutal sight―― but Typhon wasn’t the only victim.

[Minerva: ――――Tch!]

Minerva’s right arm, from her shoulder onwards, shattered like ice-crystals.
This was the consequence of touching the judgment of the Witch of Pride, and thus being deemed a “Sinner”.
Minerva tilted back her head in pain for the loss of her arm, opening her mouth wide to shriek――

[Minerva: A scratch――!!]
Best. Witch.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-18, 21:19   Link #2516
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Arc 4 Ch 79-80 (part 1 of 2) released by TC.

Witch's After Tea Party SS was just translated.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 07:35   Link #2517
Kiyoe
kyo gamers
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: South Peru, IN
Illustration-preview of Re:Zero EX Vol.3

https://store.kadokawa.co.jp/shop/g/g301805000409/
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 19:32   Link #2518
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
That looks fantastic! Can't wait for info on the book.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 04:30   Link #2519
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Someone told me that Witches of Sin (sort of) VS Witch Cult may happen later in the series. I wonder how Subaru will convince Omega to fight the cult.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 12:54   Link #2520
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re:Zero Ex3 Cover scan

Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alternate world, magic, not harem, reborn, thriller, time travel, webnovel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.