Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-09, 09:33   Link #4421
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Ahaha yeah... Saimoe Arena would have had it easy as contestants would be picked for the teams, not like here where each girl needs to have a team found for them.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-05-09, 09:46   Link #4422
*Forte*
~ 長門 有希 ~

I saw someone I know reading the topic, lol.
Anyway. I've read the contestants list and, top 7 where 6 are from KyoAni! Tomorrow will be exciting when you watch Tomoyo vs Kotomi.
Mai vs Shana...I hope Mai won't lose easily .____.
Old 2008-05-09, 11:44   Link #4423
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange View Post
Situation as of Topaz 8

Negima Confederacy has greatly improved its position, while F/SN, Higurashi and the Kanon division of the Kyoani Empire have suffered setbacks. There is slight improvement in Rozen fortunes.

Odd thought occurred while reading news on the upcoming Thomas Cup/Uber Cup Badminton Tournament in Jakarta. These tournaments are run where there are 5 matches between each country, 3 single matches and 2 double matches. The country that wins 3-2 or more advances.

Have a competition for 'teams' of characters (maybe 3) from a series (Psieye, this seems similar to the 'household' idea for Seimoe but slightly different), so that it may look like this:-

Spoiler for Format:

Of course, this is looking for trouble from series-shippers and will likely end in a Kyo-ani team victory.
Very interesting as the map looks as if Kyo-Ani tries a spearhead movement with Tomoyo at the front while Negima and Hayate forces tries to avoid the spear and attempt flank attacks to the side of spear hoping to cut it and isolate Tomoyo. Shana seems to be retreating from Tomoyo's attack as well.
Old 2008-05-09, 12:10   Link #4424
alphastickmania
Stick Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Hold on now, there, you don't think I'm seriously going to take that one for Evangeline, do you? First off, if Topaz is the radiance of the sun, the last thing we need is a poster of someone indoors. There's still the matter of vectoring the image and replacing it with the background of the sunset. Plus, I don't think we're going to have room for somebody laying in bed.

Also, Weebly doesn't take likely to long horizontal layouts, so if we're going to be consistent and match Shana's Aquamarine Poster, Unless one can find a way to include someone laying down on a vertical poster, I don't think so.

Nice work on it, but in the end, it's something I just won't, or more accurately, can't take.
O.o I thought it was just some practice picture. Didn't see that logo up there. (I seriously need to take a chill pill the next time I type a response. The response of mine you quoted had a serious case of poor wording.)

Although it is still possible to use that picture if it under goes a whole load of touch up for the head/hair. Which means refering to another picture to get a brief outline of the hair before touching to near prefection and than adding the background. However, that probably equals to a whole load more of work where getting another base would do a better job.
Old 2008-05-09, 12:25   Link #4425
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Whee! Melange is back, that means space opera hath returned!

And as for the Topaz poster, I thought Tomoyo's a few pages back was pretty good, but Eva's current one by Kholdstare is actually decent, but all we need is a vector, throw in some Shinkai sunsets/sunrises, voila!

And Yuki is moe, but in certain aspects only, it depends which one of those aspects you want to consider, also, do not forget the doujin engine, it's done WONDERS for Yuki, I've owned a number personally, she beats Haruhi and most other characters I've seen, in certain respects thanks to that, solidly.
Old 2008-05-09, 12:34   Link #4426
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well, here are two Eva pics that could be turned into posters. (I'm just too lazy to do it myself ).

I actually haven't paid too much attention to the top seeds (other than knowing the basic, Shana x Yuki haxx combo) but it is rather surprising that Tomoyo managed to stealth her way into such a top position. They say that those who don't attract too much attention are usually better off but wow, as expected from my fav character in CL

Still want fate chan to win though :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-05-09, 12:43   Link #4427
*Forte*
~ 長門 有希 ~

I love Yuki, yet I haven't got any of her doujins ("__._)
And by the way, since when we have Utawarerumono characters? I would like to vote Touka and Karura too.
Old 2008-05-09, 12:53   Link #4428
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Considering Eva is a Vamp it is entirely fitting that she wins Topaz since theme is Moon.
Old 2008-05-09, 12:55   Link #4429
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
After Yuki winning so big against Haruhi, its even more inconceivable that she lost to uguu. There had to be vote hax or something.
Old 2008-05-09, 13:19   Link #4430
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Well here are two quick Eva posters:

Spoiler for posters:

I personally prefer the second one. Even though she's not in a dress, she looks way better and more natural. We seriously do not need to keep the "dress" theme because we can have better pictures without it.
Old 2008-05-09, 13:39   Link #4431
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Yuki - Haruhi struggle is long and goes back and forth. It seems Haruhi is stronger in Korea than outside of Korea where Yuki wins hands down. Subtile moe (and the love of hax skills on such a tiny frame) is likely what caused Yuki-love for those that have not read Haruhi light novel #4. If they have read that novel, Yuki will win...likely without question. I'mnot sure why but I loved the simple tea scene between her and Kyon...before the infodump. While her question "Is it good?" was suppose to be flat (I guess) I always hear something emotioal in it. Like hope. maybe. Yuki hopes she's doing it right.

Ayu is doing fairly well being #16 of 64. I still don't understand her win over Yuki. However Ayu is very cute and I suppose has the good story (Nayuki!, sob).

Eva looks silly in that hat.
Old 2008-05-09, 13:59   Link #4432
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Considering Eva is a Vamp it is entirely fitting that she wins Topaz since theme is Moon.
Topaz is Sun, Amethyst is Moon. Is still appropriate because Eva is a Daylight Walker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Forte* View Post
I love Yuki, yet I haven't got any of her doujins ("__._)
And by the way, since when we have Utawarerumono characters? I would like to vote Touka and Karura too.
Touka, Eruruu and Aruruu are around. Karura isn't. After selecting our 64 ISML candidates, we run with them for 6 months so at this point there is no Karura in ISML 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
After Yuki winning so big against Haruhi, its even more inconceivable that she lost to uguu. There had to be vote hax or something.
Quote:
Ayu is doing fairly well being #16 of 64. I still don't understand her win over Yuki. However Ayu is very cute and I suppose has the good story (Nayuki!, sob).
The 'hax' called hate. Go look at Saimoe history. Here's J Saimoe 2007 and this is a graphic representation of the brackets before the Top 8 matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I'm not sure why but I loved the simple tea scene between her and Kyon...before the infodump. While her question "Is it good?" was suppose to be flat (I guess) I always hear something emotioal in it. Like hope. maybe. Yuki hopes she's doing it right.
We know Yuki does have emotions, it's just that she doesn't have much expression. That tea scene was from very early on, when her emotions hadn't grown to what it is today ('today' being Vol 9) and Kyon wasn't sharp enough to observe her emotions. That is... she still had emotions back then and you are extrapolating what she may have felt without giving away any expression of it (visual or audio).

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-05-09, 14:12   Link #4433
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The Yuki - Haruhi struggle is long and goes back and forth. It seems Haruhi is stronger in Korea than outside of Korea where Yuki wins hands down. Subtile moe (and the love of hax skills on such a tiny frame) is likely what caused Yuki-love for those that have not read Haruhi light novel #4. If they have read that novel, Yuki will win...likely without question. I'mnot sure why but I loved the simple tea scene between her and Kyon...before the infodump. While her question "Is it good?" was suppose to be flat (I guess) I always hear something emotioal in it. Like hope. maybe. Yuki hopes she's doing it right.
Speaking of novel #4 Yuki...
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenNori View Post
Spoiler for Yuki:

Old 2008-05-09, 14:22   Link #4434
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

@Kholdstare:

re: your excellent Tomoyo picture, I think what she's holding may be a diploma (or equivalent)? In the last episode of Kanon at the graduation ceremony, Mai and Sayuri are in their formal wear and holding these as well. Perhaps containers for the grad docs?
Old 2008-05-09, 14:36   Link #4435
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Speaking of novel #4 Yuki...
Spoiler for Yuki:

perfect, this totally makes me feel happy since i've read the novels
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2008-05-09, 14:51   Link #4436
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Also I should add
Spoiler for my votes for Topaz 9:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2008-05-09, 15:26   Link #4437
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Spoiler for Topaz 9 votes and comments:

Last edited by Demi.; 2008-05-09 at 15:40.
Old 2008-05-09, 15:55   Link #4438
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

yuki and tsuruya is a tough choice for me.
Old 2008-05-09, 16:29   Link #4439
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Spoiler for votes:

I'm not campaigning or anything, but my signature is very cute.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-05-09 at 16:45.
Old 2008-05-09, 16:43   Link #4440
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Spoiler for votes:
One of the worse excuses I've heard

(So you are in the Shinku faction...my natural prey :3).
Spoiler for votes:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe