AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-07-08, 12:04   Link #2421
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
Oh really? I just bought queen Aldra, it's not that "old", the price was amazing (1,800  yen) and waht the hell... the figure is so hot (well, maybe not as much "loli" as I like them but... xDDDDDDDDDDD)

Damn, the only think I disliked from this purchase is, as ever, HLJ website works terribly bad (nedded 5 Reload -.-' )
It was that cheap? I've been wanting that figure for a long time, but every time I saw one it was like $50. I'd definitely get one, but the shipping takes it back up to almost the $50 mark. Too bad there isn't anything else I want to order that's in stock.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 12:10   Link #2422
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It was that cheap? I've been wanting that figure for a long time, but every time I saw one it was like $50. I'd definitely get one, but the shipping takes it back up to almost the $50 mark. Too bad there isn't anything else I want to order that's in stock.
You can always try SAL. It just takes a LOOOONG time though.

Edit: I did end up getting the Aldra and this Ymir:

http://www.hlj.com/product/MEG71261

I initially wanted to get the other one, but it was too expensive, and also had a pretty dull face (imo). This one has a pretty exquisite costume and better sculpting overall. Plus it was on sale =)

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2010-07-08 at 12:59.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 15:33   Link #2423
-Kh-
ポルカ

This is my newest acquisition, just released by the end of June:

It actually has a background like the one from that classic image, really nice, but I prefer to have it like this.

And the rest of my collection:

Spoiler for size:
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 16:08   Link #2424
bombyethan1000

^wat classic image are you referring to
bombyethan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 09:41   Link #2425
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, luck is definitely not on my side (or I'm just really not experienced on this stuff). I just lost my reservation for Megami Volume 124 and Hobby Search has closed pre-ordering.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 11:31   Link #2426
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Well, luck is definitely not on my side (or I'm just really not experienced on this stuff). I just lost my reservation for Megami Volume 124 and Hobby Search has closed pre-ordering.
HLJ doesn't even have it yet, so we still have chances
Old 2010-07-11, 21:02   Link #2427
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

does anyone know of a website that shows comapnies that produced Tony Taka's figurines?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 22:38   Link #2428
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
MyFigureCollection.net should do the job, just type in the name of the series you want to see it's figures or so.
Old 2010-07-11, 23:46   Link #2429
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
MyFigureCollection.net should do the job, just type in the name of the series you want to see it's figures or so.
tyvm, but i have a problem finding those particular figurines who doesnt have a series name to it. Take this picture for example, i do recall it has a figurine made but dont know the name of this series or character.

Spoiler for contains ecchi materials:
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 01:30   Link #2430
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Ecchi material is always welcome in Agito's kingdom
Hmm, I don't know what to say regarding this, figures are usually categorized by series (I think) though you can google "Tony Taka figures"
Old 2010-07-12, 01:58   Link #2431
Xion Valkyrie

This one?
http://www.raygunx.com/tony-taka-schoolgirl-pvc/
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 02:10   Link #2432
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Link to My Figure Collection page on her: http://myfigurecollection.net/figure/5917

Her name is Kotona Ousaka. She's 1/7 scale, PVC/ABS, made by Native, 8000 yen.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 03:29   Link #2433
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

My BRS arrived today, but I've yet to unbox her. Going to wait until my display cabinet arrives, I think.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 04:06   Link #2434
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
My BRS arrived today, but I've yet to unbox her. Going to wait until my display cabinet arrives, I think.
Black Blade or Cannon?
Old 2010-07-12, 04:11   Link #2435
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Black Blade. I only collect figures with swords.
Old 2010-07-12, 04:16   Link #2436
Kudryavka

Quote:
Black Blade. I only collect figures with swords.
I usually like big stuff, like guitars and cannons, or a Cloud Strife-sized sword.
Old 2010-07-12, 04:26   Link #2437
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

My Saber Lily has a big sword and scabbard, but Shiki has a more subtle katana, like BRS Black Blade (from what I see of it) but I think they will all work well together. Once I have my display case, I'll see about getting more. The Saber and Shiki were gifts, this BRS is the first I've actually bought, but now I'm serious and spending $350 on a display case for them, so I think I've been suitably suckered in to collecting.

I guess it doesn't really hurt since I don't buy as much anime as I used to, so I can put the money I don't spend on that toward figures instead.
Old 2010-07-12, 04:49   Link #2438
Kudryavka

Quote:
My Saber Lily has a big sword and scabbard, but Shiki has a more subtle katana, like BRS Black Blade (from what I see of it) but I think they will all work well together. Once I have my display case, I'll see about getting more. The Saber and Shiki were gifts, this BRS is the first I've actually bought, but now I'm serious and spending $350 on a display case for them, so I think I've been suitably suckered in to collecting.

I guess it doesn't really hurt since I don't buy as much anime as I used to, so I can put the money I don't spend on that toward figures instead.
$350? Does it come with lights and temperature control?[/serious question]

I was thinking about getting a display case, but I feel cool with them right next to me; as of now, most of my figures are on my writing desk. I like it like that, since I don't think I'll ever get enough to require a case, and having them so close it's easy to just grab a Nendo and pose it.

I may build some shelves one day, but I don't have wall space, except for over my bed. I'd prefer not to sleep under a pile of wood and plastic, too many earthquakes here. I'll have to move a bookshelf or something.
Old 2010-07-12, 05:36   Link #2439
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

No lights, I decided it's not necessary since I would pretty much never use it. No kind of thermostat or humidifier, either. It's just what it costs to have one delivered. I wanted a Detolf from Ikea, but they don't deliver, plus it would require assembly (says two people required for assembly, to boot, and I live on my own). This is the only option I've found so I just have to pay the premium.

I can't keep figures on my desk or low shelves because I have three cats. And keeping them on high shelves is kind of disappointing since it's not a good way to enjoy them.
Old 2010-07-12, 09:09   Link #2440
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Ikea has delivery now, but the Detoif requires freight (it weighs 90 lbs) so it costs like 300 bucks to ship