Old 2010-08-20, 01:53   Link #81
qwertyuiopz

the last page looks awesome
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 04:17   Link #82
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
I have a possible theory about Naruto's ankle. The reason he can't heal anymore fast is very simple
He heals fast, not instantly. Give it a few hours.
Old 2010-08-20, 08:54   Link #83
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^I'm not disagreeing with the prospect of Kisame escaping, that is entirely possible (he did escape from an entire village of ninja in the past), rather I am disagreeing with you assertion that he could still take Kirabi with him. That is what I find not only unlikely, but downright annoying (not you, but the prospect that Kisame, despite being completly outnumbered and outgunned, would still manage to steal Kirabi with little to no fight from Naruto).
Thats why he was given the Job. Given that these level of Ninja calculate these type of mission, I wont be surprise that Kisame does escape with Bee captured. Besides, I don’t know why you would find it annoying as by now you should be used to Kishis erratic story telling.
Old 2010-08-20, 12:09   Link #84
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
He heals fast, not instantly. Give it a few hours.
Didn't he twist his ankle? So really if it healed then then it would be stuck twisted. I'd imagine you'd have to set the bones right first, before healing it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 12:17   Link #85
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Didn't he twist his ankle? So really if it healed then then it would be stuck twisted. I'd imagine you'd have to set the bones right first, before healing it.
An ankle sprain (or "twisted ankle") is not the same as breaking the ankle. Breaking an ankle involves the bone. Spraining/twisting an ankle involves the ligaments. Twisting it involves stretching or tearing the ligament.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 15:55   Link #86
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Me thinks the ankle sprain is a legitimate injury. he no longer has kyuubi protection mode so now with his new powers he has to learn not to be so reckless and engage some ninja finesse
Old 2010-08-20, 18:25   Link #87
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
Me thinks the ankle sprain is a legitimate injury. he no longer has kyuubi protection mode so now with his new powers he has to learn not to be so reckless and engage some ninja finesse
Sage mode can heal him right back up easily. Of course he's never gonna use that anymore.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 18:42   Link #88
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Sage mode can heal him right back up easily. Of course he's never gonna use that anymore.
True. sprained ankles take like what, a couple weeks to get right? plus he needs rest, ice, and elevation...there is simply no time for that kinda silliness

i hope he continues using sage mode. but if he doesnt he sure has a heck of a plan B
Old 2010-08-20, 20:49   Link #89
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The shark hasn't escaped yet, I think. He's still got a good chance to live.
yes, I don't think the shark will escape.

Gai just told himself (through the waterfall) he was pushing himself too hard.
I think the tiger attack will do what it is supposed to do (destroy all the sharks, including the messenger), but Kisame will still be alive.

Then, Gai will hesitate to go all out (because he would die) and will finally let Naruto take over the fight.

Anyway, I think Gai is supposed to get closure this arc. Either he'll show he understood what he was told at the waterfall (and become even more irrelevant than he was, since his "pushing himself too hard" is what made him so strong) or he'll kill himself trying too hard. He'll either quit the fight or get a pyrrhic victory (in which case, I fear Naruto will prevent his death thanks to his newfound life energy).
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 03:39   Link #90
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
It might be that we must wait until his fight against Sasuke.
Remember the huge expectations for his fight with Sasuke, Kishimoto surely knows that their fight must be the most epic and powerful fight seen in this manga (compared to those that we have seen, so not counting Hashirama vs Madara or the Rikudo Sage). In this situation i'm sure Kishimoto is making preparations like never before, which probably means among other things:
- EMS power is kept secret until the fight, only hints may be given
- Kyuubi+Sage power kept secret until the fight, only hints given, maybe one hint will be if Naruto beats Kisame with one hit or if Naruto can prevent Gai's death with his magical chakra after Gai opened all 8 gates
- there are introduced some interesting mysteries, for example: Why has Naruto the necklace of the Rikudo sage? or Why did Naruto say that both he and Sasuke will die in their fight?
- does Jiraiya's "that jutsu" really exist? is it the high speed movement that Naruto used against Kisame? similarily for Sasuke: what is the finel secret of MS/EMS, is it an EMS jutsu never shown before?
- Sasuke will never give up, so if Naruto starts to win will Sasuke use Izanagi and thus burn out his EMS eyes? And will then Kishimoto introduce another haxx power of the EMS? : izanagi doesn't burn out EMS eyes just degrades them to sharingan level (a possible solution for how Madara has only normal sharingan eye and how he survived his battle against Hashirama: using Izanagi with EMS eyes)
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 04:42   Link #91
janipani

I just hate these stupid power ups.. hand to hand combat became something totally ridiculous and water sharks... give me a break.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 05:55   Link #92
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
I just hate these stupid power ups.. hand to hand combat became something totally ridiculous and water sharks... give me a break.
Considering we had water dragon attacks in the very early arcs, I don't see why you're still reading this manga if you didn't like that type of thing...
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 06:14   Link #93
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Well... you'd think birds have special feathers in their wings... which enables them to fly.
Clay seems to do the job aswell... and they don't even need the shape of wings that birds have.... not only that... they can float in mid-air without losing altitude... and without having to adjust their wingspeed to push the air down to fly.

That makes water sharks totally realistic.
Old 2010-08-21, 09:33   Link #94
tkdtiger

When I read Naruto it only says he hurt is ankle. It doesn't say if he broke it or not...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 09:57   Link #95
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
When I read Naruto it only says he hurt is ankle. It doesn't say if he broke it or not...
When i think back to the Sannin fight where Naruto fought Kabuto. Kabuto mentioned that he fractured his leg. The other one was damaged by Kabuto... he damaged the muscles. So Naruto couldn't walk. Although he somehow managed to stand, stop Kabuto, Rasengan him against a bolder... when it actually shouldn't be possible.

Now... he probably damaged some muscles around his ankle. Like we normally often do. It's not uncommon for us.... and Naruto all of a sudden couldn't fight anymore.
Old 2010-08-21, 15:15   Link #96
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
When i think back to the Sannin fight where Naruto fought Kabuto. Kabuto mentioned that he fractured his leg. The other one was damaged by Kabuto... he damaged the muscles. So Naruto couldn't walk. Although he somehow managed to stand, stop Kabuto, Rasengan him against a bolder... when it actually shouldn't be possible.

Now... he probably damaged some muscles around his ankle. Like we normally often do. It's not uncommon for us.... and Naruto all of a sudden couldn't fight anymore.
Well to be fair it was a pretty desperate situation at the time. Perhaps it's just that normally when the odds are in his favour he has no need to risk further injury.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 17:52   Link #97
ChronoReverse

The difference then and now is that back then, Naruto HAD to move or they will DIE there and then.

In this scenario, he has Killerbee going after Kisame along with some support outside (although he wouldn't have known about Gai).

The threat level simply isn't so extreme that he would have had to force himself.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 20:22   Link #98
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Why do people keep talking about Jiraiya's "that jutsu." I' believe all that was referring to was using the kyubi whatsover...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 01:34   Link #99
Lunarskylar

its not even like naruto was out of the fight,
he jsut hurt his leg, and itlooks like yamato's just being a pussy nurse about it

plus, it's prob thinknig kisame isnt a threat because he's so much weaker, and he just got a kyuubii punch
he doesn't know about samehada's ability to transfer chakra back to kisame so yea
no urgency

he's still running to get back int he fight hough, even with a gehtto wooden brace, same ol naruto
Old 2010-08-22, 04:18   Link #100
herculan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Why do people keep talking about Jiraiya's "that jutsu." I' believe all that was referring to was using the kyubi whatsover...

There have been 3 mentionings of that jutsu that clearly suggests it is more then the foxs power.

1 was when the fox s key was given to naruto.

Key frog Quote: "Naruto, controlling the fox s power will also be your key to finishing " that" jutsu".

This is already enough proof, other 2 where the moment when jiraiya spoke to the key just before his pain fight. read it carefully and you will notice its some special jutsu. and the third one was the first mentioning of it. By careful analyse you will notic this can never be the foxs power
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion