AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-02, 10:04   Link #1
james0246

One Piece - Chapter 603 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

---

Quote:
-Cariboo's men are digging a hole for some reason. Fake-Sanji, upon seeing them, begs for his life, only to be suffocated by Cariboo using a DF power (described as being similar to the Doru Doru fruit). Fake-Usopp tries to stop Cariboo, only for his bullets to pass through the pirate (that’s right, Cariboo has a Logia apparently). It seems the Brothers came to this island just to get the Strawhats, and they are still gunning for the group.

-Cut to Sentomaru, who has captured the Fake-Luffy, and is calling Marine HQ to report. He explains that the Cariboo bros escaped (along with a few fake Strawhats), and that the real Strawhats took down two original Pacifistas (Sentomaru makes sure to emphasize that the Pacifistas were prototypes, so I expect we’ll see some Production Models in the near future ).

-Cut to Shakky and Rayleigh. Rayleigh, while remembering his first meeting with Roger, reminisces on the Strawhat (literally the hat made of Straw), and reveals that the hat once belonged to…Roger himself (who passed it down to Shanks, who gave it to Luffy). Back in the present, he tells Shakky that it is a good time to be alive…

-Cut to Under the Sea. The Strawhats are stunned by their surroundings, especially as numerous giant Sea Kings appear. Zoro and Luffy attempt to catch a Sea King, only to be pummeled by the crew. Sanji asks how the Bubble systems works, and while Nami tries to explain, he nearly dies from blood lose. Meanwhile, Zoro and Luffy, clearly bored, try to get another giant fish, only to be pummeled once again. They all sit down to eat lunch.

-During Lunch, Franky drops the bombshell that the Thousand Sunny was actually protected by Kuma during the 2 year break (he apparently learned this from Rayleigh and or Shakky). Going on, he describes the scene two years ago when Kuma whispered that he was a revolutionary to Rayleigh, and then Franky goes on to describe that Kuma’s final agreement with Vegapunk was to take care of the Thousand Sunny after he is fully converted to a cyborg.

-As the Strawhats finish lunch, reflect on Kuma’s sacrifice and start to joke around, the Cariboo Bros. arrive. Next chapter will be their battle…
Old 2010-11-02, 10:13   Link #2
andy

this chapter should great , we also get to see luffy fight logia user sooner than i thought .
Old 2010-11-02, 10:13   Link #3
Rurik
Golden

So that was the agreement Iva was thinking about, I mean what did he was offered to sacrifice his body.

Interesting to see that the hat belonged to roger, whereas buggy only recalled shanks when he saw it with Luffy, I guess Shanks got it way before Buggie was part of sthe GolD Pirates.
Old 2010-11-02, 10:24   Link #4
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Sure is fast to jump back into action after just 1 chapter.

Honestly, I would expect Luffy to do that, but Zoro? I thought he would be sleeping more.

Now that this is shown, I'll like to see Kuma back in action again.
Old 2010-11-02, 10:26   Link #5
kakakka

There was this scene where Franky meets with the battle-torn Kuma.
Old 2010-11-02, 10:32   Link #6
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

now we get to see how the other members of the SH crew deal with logia, beside from luffy
Old 2010-11-02, 10:38   Link #7
kakakka

Chapter is released already. That was fast
Old 2010-11-02, 10:45   Link #8
Kallen4life

yey for more Logia, this one'll be the first, next probably Croc/Smoker, then Kizaru/Aokiji (though not necessary), then Akainu, last BB .. not counting other new ones ofc

everything else is awesome too .. long live One Piece
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-11-02, 10:48   Link #9
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Besides the strawhat being Rogers and Kuma being a cool Bro. /brofist

The fact that Vegapunk kept his promise to Kuma. (he could have lied and not kept it) Hmm. *lifts eyebrow*

Excellent chapter.
Old 2010-11-02, 10:49   Link #10
james0246

Damn, the Kuma section was cool.

Best chapter in weeks.
Old 2010-11-02, 10:55   Link #11
andy

If it's one thing to say about this chapter is the art was awesome ,it's been long time since we had a chapter that backgrounds look so alive.
Old 2010-11-02, 11:01   Link #12
Kallen4life

Franky meeting Kuma at the ship was one of the most epic panels post WB war
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-11-02, 11:12   Link #13
kakakka

I like that there might be a fight next chapter, but wouldn't that affect the coating on their ship? I hope they either finish them quickly or the fighting would happen somewhere else...
Old 2010-11-02, 11:37   Link #14
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Spoiler for OMG:
Old 2010-11-02, 11:50   Link #15
janipani

Poor Kumaa

What an awesome chapter O_O

'Crown' made of straws?

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2010-11-02, 11:54   Link #16
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I like that there might be a fight next chapter, but wouldn't that affect the coating on their ship? I hope they either finish them quickly or the fighting would happen somewhere else...
I hope the fight occurs on the ships for that very reason. Oda could give us a great battle where the Strawhats have to deliberately fight below their level due to the fact that they cannot use their larger attacks. That way, later on, when they are able to use their full power, we will be even more amazed (since we'll have something to compare their full power too).
Old 2010-11-02, 12:34   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was an amazing chapter. Kuma is such a bro, I hope they'll manage to bring him back to his senses somehow... if that's even possible. The "revelation" that Roger once wore the strawhat leaves me indifferent. We already knew full well how similar Luffy and Roger are, there was no need to add this. What next? We'll find out that Roger was the previous user of the gomu gomu fruit?
Old 2010-11-02, 12:49   Link #18
ZeroForever

honestly curious how coating fights will work, as the DF users can't go through the water so that means they just need to get close enough that the bubbles can touch to transfer.

find it hilarious that sanji's weakness to woman has become a fatal weakness.
Old 2010-11-02, 12:58   Link #19
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

this chapter is awesome! i wonder who/what can cause so much damage to Kuma. i tot with his DF, he shld be able to defeat a lot of ppl. i doubt the marines will send the admiral to get Sunny though, so if the VAs are able to deal so much dmg to Kuma, pretty impressive!
Old 2010-11-02, 13:08   Link #20
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Something that interested me is that the Pacifistas that the Strawhats defeated were only prototypes. Makes me wonder what the final mass-produced versions will be like.

Caribou's devil fruit intrigues me as well. It's some kind of liquid-like substance logia. There's not many possible substances I can think of that he could be. Guess we'll probably see next chapter.

Love all the Strawhat interaction, it's been such a long time since we've seen them all together like this.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion