AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-30, 15:44   Link #2901
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

So I got Might and Magic Heroes 6 for long commutes because I saw it go on sale. I figured, turn based games, perfect to be played on bus/trains. I also played a lot of M&M series when I was younger so the nostalgic feeling lead to the impulsive decision.

Oh how wrong am I.

I installed the game, was forced to download a 500mb patch (that was the day1 patch). After I let the process finish, I find out that certain parts of the game require constant internet connection (the dynasty traits and weapons). Also my offline and online (single player) saves are separate from each other... wtf?

Went on PB to find a crack to hopefully bypass that, but cracks do not seem to solve the whole online thing.

Ended up returning the game within 48 hours.

Afterthoughts:
If I had pirated the game in the first place I would have read about the whole online thing in the comments and would know clearly what I am getting. Sorry, I am adding you into the pirate list.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 19:52   Link #2902
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

So I've been recently introduced to the Touhou games...and I think I've lost control of my life

In addition to playing the games everyday, I've been saving so many Touhou remixes and fanart. My folder gets bigger each day, and with the big and amazing fandom of Touhou...I don't think it's ever going to stop
Old 2012-01-31, 19:58   Link #2903
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Serious Sam 2 finally got released on Steam... so that'll be taking up most of my gaming time, alongside the casual strolls in Skyrim. I should probably work on my ever-growing pile of shame (to-play list) though.
Old 2012-01-31, 21:11   Link #2904
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Played Gears of War 3. The players are RUTHLESS. ;__;
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 23:32   Link #2905
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihokon View Post
Lunar Silver Star Harmony (PSP)
Do you know the feeling when you spent 2 hours straight in a boss fight, used all of your skills and items to hold out the fight, then later realized that the whole ordeal was a hopeless boss fight? I just learned that feeling with the help of Magic Emperor Ghaleon.
I'd rather have my party defeated instantly with a 9999 damage of Armageddon spell.
Should've played SSSC then. :k During that hopeless boss fight, he just floats there for a few turns before doing a TPK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Played Gears of War 3. The players are RUTHLESS. ;__;
Yeah, the whole Gears franchise isn't exactly... great when it comes to competitive multiplayer... stupid shotgun whores...
Old 2012-02-01, 05:27   Link #2906
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

EVE, though my gametime is now limited to CTAs and roams, as to give space to also play A.I War. God damn that game, I say. God damn you, A.I, for being the biggest troll in an RTS I've ever seen. An amazing, if extremely annoying, RTS.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 06:35   Link #2907
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

So I finally got to try Skyward Sword. It was so bad. So, so, so bad. The controls are beyond awful.

I generally try to be fair to games, but when the remote fights against you to the point where a fight with a single spider can't go without frustration and annoyance to no end, I'm not about to sit through it like that. At least it was my roommate who paid the $50 to get it. I feel bad for him, but hey.
Old 2012-02-01, 06:38   Link #2908
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
So I've been recently introduced to the Touhou games...and I think I've lost control of my life

In addition to playing the games everyday, I've been saving so many Touhou remixes and fanart. My folder gets bigger each day, and with the big and amazing fandom of Touhou...I don't think it's ever going to stop
Welcome to the club.
Old 2012-02-01, 10:04   Link #2909
Sik-07
Chuu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
So I've been recently introduced to the Touhou games...
welcome to the rest of your life

got the 1CC in Espgaluda took about a week of practice I still think the TLB's last attack is insane (in a good way) final score was 28.6M not bad for a 1st clear but I'll be coming back to improve it later.
Spoiler for score:

now jumping between Stepmania, Pink Sweets arrange mode & Battle Garegga before I start working on my next goal
Old 2012-02-01, 12:13   Link #2910
com_gwp

I've had Recettear on my steam library for months already, but holy crap, I didn't think it was THIS good. Was hooked for hours when I started playing it last night. Capitalism HO!
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 18:01   Link #2911
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post

Yeah, the whole Gears franchise isn't exactly... great when it comes to competitive multiplayer... stupid shotgun whores...
I actually do like the Multiplayer (been playing it since Gears 1), but yeah. People still main the damn shotgun rofl.

edit: Played some Modern Warfare 2.

Last edited by blakstealth; 2012-02-01 at 21:31.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 06:09   Link #2912
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Actually, i found this video..is a tribute for the best game that are out in 2011..enjoy..

I have played a lot of it....nice 2011....

Old 2012-02-04, 06:11   Link #2913
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Soul Calibur V. Currently finished Legends mode and unlocking clothing for creates.
Old 2012-02-05, 01:31   Link #2914
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
I've had Recettear on my steam library for months already, but holy crap, I didn't think it was THIS good. Was hooked for hours when I started playing it last night. Capitalism HO!
Yeah, I still pull it out for grins once every few weeks or so.... very easy to suddenly spend a few hours in it.
Old 2012-02-05, 01:39   Link #2915
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Ran out of games, so playing Dragon Nest SEA now.

Hate the gender lock, wanted to play Cleric.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 02:26   Link #2916
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Ran out of games, so playing Dragon Nest SEA now.

Hate the gender lock, wanted to play Cleric.
If the gender is intrinsic to a class (like, say, a "banshee" or "fury" type of nature magic character), I don't mind so much... but yeah, gender-lock classes in most asian MMOs are just nonsense (as is the "you must play your own gender" or deleting a character and you can't re-use the name).
Old 2012-02-05, 02:31   Link #2917
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Yeah, I still pull it out for grins once every few weeks or so.... very easy to suddenly spend a few hours in it.
I'll play this game one of these days. Maybe not tomorrow or the day after that, but I will play it eventually.
Old 2012-02-05, 02:51   Link #2918
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I'll play this game one of these days. Maybe not tomorrow or the day after that, but I will play it eventually.
Most of my available game time is lost to Skyrim lately... My MMO guild mates are probably wondering where I'm at :P

Twin-tailed petite destruction mage and her big tank friend:
http://forums.animesuki.com/picture....ictureid=42548
http://forums.animesuki.com/picture....ictureid=42545
Old 2012-02-05, 16:51   Link #2919
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I came upon a stash of Erogames...

So now I am playing Utawarerumono and Princess Waltz.

Getting them to run without crashing nonstop was not easy, but using some virtual machine magic, I managed to fix up Utawarerumono. Nice game, good thing I never finished the anime so I'm still unspoilered.

Last edited by Dhomochevsky; 2012-02-05 at 17:03.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 00:51   Link #2920
Mateus

Final Fantasy Tactics & Soul Calibur V