AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-27, 15:03   Link #1601
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smillie View Post
I'm sorry , but il don't fine on google the blog : " nom@n's Blog" Can you post the address?

Thank you
This should do it.
Old 2013-03-05, 03:04   Link #1602
dracorax

This volume was great I wonder what will happen in the next volume.
Old 2013-03-05, 06:25   Link #1603
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It's not really the art so much as the story actually. Those kinds of people dislike harem, romcom and anything with fanservice. Even if the art was nothing like how it is, they would still avoid it based on that.
Personally, i like harem stories (usually), have nothing against romcoms (if done well) and love fanservice (in moderation).
However, Highschool DxD kinda hovers at the edge where fanservice and jokes have taken a life of their own to the point where they actually detract from the story (oppai dragon, switch princess, Fafnir in the latest volume ), there is a good story, maybe even a great story, there under all of it, but i'm hovering at the point where it just might not be worth it to dig through the jokes and fanservice to get to it.

Romcom and harem is done well in this series though.

edit-
actually, it's not even the fanservice, (which is kinda muted for the most part), mostly it's the jokes, and Ises obsession with boobs.
Old 2013-03-05, 06:32   Link #1604
bludvein

I've often felt that I like this story despite the periodic "wtf?" syndrome, and not because of it. The author seems to be trying to outdo himself with the out of place jokes to the point where its gotten a little too hammy tbh.
Old 2013-03-06, 10:07   Link #1605
setsuna86

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonStorm View Post
tiamat is probably gonna be one of ise's servants, queen perhaps. i mean ise's probably gonna have servants of legendary status (all female of course).

another thing that might happen is that when ise get his evil piece he might get an abnormal amount of mutated pieces

ise's peerage:
Queen - Tiamat
Bishop - asia
Bishop - ravel
knight - xenovia
knight - female candidate that sona failed to get
Rook -
Rook -
Pawns -

not sure about the blanks anyone have any idea's
what about the female youkai of kyoto (as Rook)?
And Ophis (with 8 mutated Pawns evil pieces)?
There is also most likely one female vampire (as Rook)?!

Last edited by setsuna86; 2013-03-06 at 10:24.
Old 2013-03-06, 10:51   Link #1606
Ultragunner

YUKIONNA and Mil-tan AS ROOKs!!! LOL
hahaha, then Ise's team shall be invincible LOL
Old 2013-03-06, 13:12   Link #1607
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
Ophis can't become Ise's servant, because she belongs to a god class, and some who was naturally born as a god, can't be reincarnated into a devil, using the evil pieces system.

The respective fragment of the novels, that confirms this, is mentioned here:

Spoiler for volume 12:
Old 2013-03-06, 22:58   Link #1608
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
YUKIONNA and Mil-tan AS ROOKs!!! LOL
hahaha, then Ise's team shall be invincible LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
honestly i doubt the story would progress that far to begin with. there is still a 4-5 year(story wise) gap between now and when ise can fulfill his dream of becoming the "ultimate pawn" and getting Rias the top spot on the rankings board, because as far as i can tell rias won't be able to compete professionally til she graduates college.. so arguing about who is going to be what in ise peerage is pointless. reading the authors' notes makes me believe that story is getting old for him and he may "get sick" making the series go into hiatus or just plainly end it within the next few volumes. personally i doubt the story is going to go much past volume 20 but i could be wrong, the author may have just had a rough time during volume 14 and we may get a timeskip. although frankly how long do you think ise is going to go without bangin out a few kids with the girls?

Ophis can't become a servant dude.

he already has a vampire in his "harem" dude.

Last edited by Somethindarker; 2013-03-07 at 01:33.
Old 2013-03-08, 09:25   Link #1609
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
honestly i doubt the story would progress that far to begin with. there is still a 4-5 year(story wise) gap between now and when ise can fulfill his dream of becoming the "ultimate pawn" and getting Rias the top spot on the rankings board, because as far as i can tell rias won't be able to compete professionally til she graduates college.. so arguing about who is going to be what in ise peerage is pointless. reading the authors' notes makes me believe that story is getting old for him and he may "get sick" making the series go into hiatus or just plainly end it within the next few volumes. personally i doubt the story is going to go much past volume 20 but i could be wrong, the author may have just had a rough time during volume 14 and we may get a timeskip. although frankly how long do you think ise is going to go without bangin out a few kids with the girls?

Ophis can't become a servant dude.

he already has a vampire in his "harem" dude.
vampire?!... oh dont tell me its him... is it?!... I dont think that Idea alone sits quite comfortably with Issei... unless we have to use the gender reversing gun from Azazel but that creeps him out... including the same done to Kiba...

please remember people god classes cant become his peerage local wives however is a different case nor do I think Ophis is actually open to the idea considering it is quite fickle...
Old 2013-03-09, 02:55   Link #1610
Somethindarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
vampire?!... oh dont tell me its him... is it?!... I dont think that Idea alone sits quite comfortably with Issei... unless we have to use the gender reversing gun from Azazel but that creeps him out... including the same done to Kiba...

please remember people god classes cant become his peerage local wives however is a different case nor do I think Ophis is actually open to the idea considering it is quite fickle...
yea its gasper, even kiba is technically part of his harem. thats the point in having them in the harem, how he deals with them when they constantly try to raise flags with him against his will, its hilarious. this story is awesome mostly because its just a fun romp. i can't wait for season 2 of the anime i hope it's like 20+ episodes so volumes 3-7 get covered. those are some of my favorite volumes.
Old 2013-03-11, 07:38   Link #1611
malason13
Forsaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
yea its gasper, even kiba is technically part of his harem. thats the point in having them in the harem, how he deals with them when they constantly try to raise flags with him against his will, its hilarious. this story is awesome mostly because its just a fun romp. i can't wait for season 2 of the anime i hope it's like 20+ episodes so volumes 3-7 get covered. those are some of my favorite volumes.
That's scary just thinking about. When Kiba ask Issie to eat his Home made bento, Issie went nuts due to too much homo stuff.

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-03-12, 04:47   Link #1612
Somethindarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by malason13 View Post
That's scary just thinking about. When Kiba ask Issie to eat his Home made bento, Issie went nuts due to too much homo stuff.
i find his harem to be the most interesting of all the harem LN's, animes and mangas i've read. maybe cuz im a bisexual dude it doesnt really bother me that he has a couple of guys after him, the different views he has of all the people around him is interesting for me. it could also be viewed that kiba is trying too hard to be close to him since he's his first best firend, and gasper just views him as a sort of idol. i would love to read a day in the life of chapter for both gasper and kiba.
Old 2013-03-16, 16:27   Link #1613
LeftyOtaku

I'm hoping that Irina gets a volume where she's the focus in the future. Kind of like how Ravel was in Volume 14. The author did say that the "other" girls of the harem (outside of the big 4) were going to get more time. Volume 16 will be a Gasper volume if I remember correctly. So hopefully somewhere from Volume 17 onwards.
Old 2013-03-16, 20:14   Link #1614
Chimurry

Crunchyroll says Vol 15 release in May, comes with extra anime episode, Animation is from TNK, anyway when comes too many vols for one arc they use to made like did on Shana no Shakugan or Zero no Tsukaima.
Old 2013-03-20, 21:34   Link #1615
n0m@n
C-Z

Heights/Weights of characters in DxD. The LN also decided to use the same height as the anime, hence Rias being taller than Ise is official (despite having illustrations and sentences in the LN where it is described that Ise is taller).

Rias   Height: 172cm, Weight: 58kg, BWH: 99-58-90
Akeno Height: 168cm, Weight: 54kg, BWH: 102-60-89
Asia  Height: 155cm, Weight: 44kg, BWH: 78-55-81
Koneko  Height: 138cm, Weight: 31kg, BWH: 67-57-73
Xenovia  Height: 166cm, Weight: 56kg, BWH: 87-58-88
Rossweisse Height: 173cm, Weight:??, BWH: 96-61-89
Irina  Height: 164cm, Weight:??, BWH: 87-59-89
Ise Height: 170cm, Weight: 62kg,
Kiba  Height: 172cm, Weight: 61kg,
Gasper Height: 150cm, Weight: 40kg

Man, Gasper is 15 and he's that short? Its weird that the guys are below average height(Average Japanese height for men is 171cm), but most of the girls are taller than average(Average Japanese height for women is 159cm). Well, the girls arent Japanese so they would be taller than average Japanese girls. But the guys.....damn, they need to grow few inches more.
Old 2013-03-20, 21:43   Link #1616
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Heights/Weights of characters in DxD. The LN also decided to use the same height as the anime, hence Rias being taller than Ise is official (despite having illustrations and sentences in the LN where it is described that Ise is taller).

Man, Gasper is 15 and he's that short? Its weird that the guys are below average height(Average Japanese height for men is 171cm), but most of the girls are taller than average(Average Japanese height for women is 159cm). Well, the girls arent Japanese so they would be taller than average Japanese girls. But the guys.....damn, they need to grow few inches more.
thanks for info,N0m
by the way, is there new info beside this one from Author`s blog?
Old 2013-03-20, 21:43   Link #1617
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

Very weird there, I think they must changed that in the future. Thus far, majority of the illustrations clearly indicates that Ise is one of the taller members of the Gremory group, if not the the tallest member. He may be shorter than Sairaorg but that is Sairaorg.
Old 2013-03-20, 21:49   Link #1618
rickiminato

only two months for the vol 15 i can´t wait
Old 2013-03-20, 22:01   Link #1619
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:

Wait... what, Rossweisse is a 96?! Irina and Xenovai r the same lol

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2013-03-20, 22:29   Link #1620
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
Crunchyroll says Vol 15 release in May, comes with extra anime episode, Animation is from TNK, anyway when comes too many vols for one arc they use to made like did on Shana no Shakugan or Zero no Tsukaima.
Volume 15 is side storys not main story .
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen