AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-21, 12:42   Link #2501
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yep, I knew it. Only now did Hiro really made sense of his remembered past ("When did I stop asking questions?"), and so it's only now he knew that calling her a monster was the worst thing he could have done. I loved that scene with Franxx; him defending Zero Two as not a Klaxsaur was incredibly ironic when he himself called her a monster.

Still, I don't like how they had to milk the drama just to time it perfectly with the 'love power up' attack. I guess it's the downfall of the episode format; they could have digested the previous episode and this one to like 1.5 worth of episodes if they cut out the unnecessary drama, but run time is fixed.

Da hell is Franxx though as a character. How the heck does he go from brainwashing both 16 and 02, trying to keep them apart, to him thinking it was a shame that Hiro wasn't Zero Two's partner? Something doesn't add up here, but I guess the gang has more pressing matters to worry about.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 12:43   Link #2502
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
No I remember that but did they say not to send Hiro with her?
Seems to me APE decided to send 02 back to the Nines but Ichigo is the reason she doesn't have Hiro with her.
They sent her back because of how close she came to transforming Hiro. The entire point of the separation was to split her up with Hiro,so she was never going to have Hiro with her.
Old 2018-04-21, 12:44   Link #2503
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olengie View Post
RIP Squad 26.
Agreed. They were actually decent people.

And thank god no more Dawson's Creek-ing in the Franxx (at least I hope so).

And Fatso is back again into thinking nothing but food (that parting words to Hiro about not taking his food, so bad). It's like the show is going the extra mile to make sure that he stays one-dimensional .

Quote:
No I remember that but did they say not to send Hiro with her?
Seems to me APE decided to send 02 back to the Nines but Ichigo is the reason she doesn't have Hiro with her.
Pretty much what Wandering Soul said above. It'd be pretty bad if she turns Hiro as well, at least that was what the APE were thinking (but of course, they didn't know that their love can conquer all ).
Old 2018-04-21, 12:45   Link #2504
zibi88

Well it also was confirmed that Hiro got screwed the moment he licked 02 blood... which coused him not beign able to connect with Naomi and she got killed or at least taken to the dino city.

Its possible that the humans inside those cores are the kids that failed the elixir injection and yello blood cells took completly over mutating them, so they are a lump of yellow goo in the shape of human.

02 horns shined the moment the arm appeared so maybe the hand was called subconciously by her via those horns... her people are down there

The hand had tiny fingers like of a baby...so maybe down there is a city of kids. If we remember at the begginig the klaxo came out from the ground and Naomis ship crashed in that very same hole, so its possible that Naomi was taken to that underground city and it will be her to explain things to other kids.

About the 9s...maybe Mitsurus dream can come true after all xD
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 13:01   Link #2505
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Well well, false alarm
Of course main heroine 02 will win
Poor Ichigo

Meh, want the drama to go on longer
Like Hiro partnering with a girl from 9s
Since they seem to be half klaxxaur or something
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 13:03   Link #2506
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Agreed. They were actually decent people.

And thank god no more Dawson's Creek-ing in the Franxx (at least I hope so).

And Fatso is back again into thinking nothing but food (that parting words to Hiro about not taking his food, so bad). It's like the show is going the extra mile to make sure that he stays one-dimensional .

Pretty much what Wandering Soul said above. It'd be pretty bad if she turns Hiro as well, at least that was what the APE were thinking (but of course, they didn't know that their love can conquer all ).
Who was it who compared Fatoshi to Biscuit? The only thing they have in common is fat. Biscuit actually had skills that were useful. Fatoshi is simply fat, nice, loves food and is not to bright. Ironic, He is Fat but His character is Paper Thin.

Oh sure Hiro turning will probably come with a powerup.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 13:07   Link #2507
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Who was it who compared Fatoshi to Biscuit? The only thing they have in common is fat. Biscuit actually had skills that were useful. Fatoshi is simply fat, nice, loves food and is not too bright. Ironic, He is Fat but His character is Paper Thin.
It's Twi who made the comparison back then. It's really bad coz there really is no comparison between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Meh, want the drama to go on longer
Like Hiro partnering with a girl from 9s
Since they seem to be half klaxxaur or something
If I'm the writer, I'm gonna make Ikuno go around trying different partners instead of Hiro. That'll make an interesting plot without destroying the current relationships that we have.
Old 2018-04-21, 13:11   Link #2508
Skaddix

Quote:
It's Twi who made the comparison back then. It's really bad coz there really is no comparison between the two.
Eh All Fat Characters In Mecha Shows Are The Same.

Honestly, Goro is the Biscuit of this series. He goes and this Plantation 13 team falls to ruin. 02 is Mika and Hiro is Orga.
Old 2018-04-21, 13:14   Link #2509
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Eh All Fat Characters In Mecha Shows Are The Same.
Huh, didn't you already stated above how different Biscuit & Futoshi are?
Old 2018-04-21, 13:14   Link #2510
Blueknight78

Quote:
ok just because he's "like food" he is just one-dimensional" and never gonna grow, the fact which he accepted change partner with mitsuru while as little already showed being "mature", some peoples really need to learn which "develop =//= being out of character.

If a character love eat or love make jokes or any other cliche thing making "stop love or do that things" is not "character development", it's forcing him change to "something else" and not be true to himself, we have a plent of character which get character development but they still being themselfs in the end, like in many shows, then please if you want "complain over character development do that in the "right way".
Old 2018-04-21, 13:17   Link #2511
Skaddix

There is nothing wrong with liking to eat. Its just that being nice and liking food don't mean the character has depth.

Quote:
Huh, didn't you already stated above how different Biscuit & Futoshi are?
I thought it was obvious I was being sarcastic lol.
Old 2018-04-21, 13:18   Link #2512
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Meh, I'm not gonna get involved in a long argument over a character as thin as Futoshi. My time is precious and I have better things to do. So I'll just drop it here.

Quote:
I thought it was obvious I was being sarcastic lol.
That's the internet for you. Sometimes, things are just lost in text.
Old 2018-04-21, 13:19   Link #2513
Sacredus

I don't want to write wall of text so...

1. Trigger Goro-bro saved anime
2. Ichigo did not redeem herself, but advanced to "I still not like her"
3. 02 really did not taken any pilot with her (Apes just assumed that she already eaten them all but cockpit was empty so that's not a case)
4. Hiro really got some points for me in this ep, finally started fighting for his darling
5. Flashbacks and reunion was really great scene
6. I preferred white Strelizia... I know why it's red, but really, white one looked better
7. So we kinda know what happened with humans, they're dinos now
8. 02 horns reacted to that giant hand, spider sense?

I'm glad that I watched one more episode before dropping. Let's hope for happy end for this series (I watch Nearly On Red so yeah, let's hope it will end well).
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 13:23   Link #2514
Sakuratsuki

I guess this sums it up.
Old 2018-04-21, 13:27   Link #2515
Mistyclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post

1. Trigger Goro-bro saved anime
2. Ichigo did not redeem herself, but advanced to "I still not like her"
3. 02 really did not taken any pilot with her (Apes just assumed that she already eaten them all but cockpit was empty so that's not a case)
4. Hiro really got some points for me in this ep, finally started fighting for his darling
5. Flashbacks and reunion was really great scene
6. I preferred white Strelizia... I know why it's red, but really, white one looked better
7. So we kinda know what happened with humans, they're dinos now
8. 02 horns reacted to that giant hand, spider sense?

Let's hope for happy end for this series (I watch Nearly On Red so yeah, let's hope it will end well).
Number 7 made me laugh, the way you wrote it anyway. I like the white Strelizia better as well...it contrasted with and placed more emphasis on the machines eyes (I have a thing for eyes so ya...). I liked the reunion scene as well.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 13:38   Link #2516
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post

She could've used them all up; we don't know how long she was on the battlefield for when the episode started. I would've loved it if she decided not to use them, but the order of events and how they're told are still too vague to conclude that.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 13:40   Link #2517
G0rd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
She could've used them all up; we don't know how long she was on the battlefield for when the episode started. I would've loved it if she decided not to use them, but the order of events and how they're told are still too vague to conclude that.
wait didn't they mention that she used all of them
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 13:42   Link #2518
ramlaen

The fact that squad 26's leader has grey hair now is ominous.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 13:45   Link #2519
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
If I'm the writer, I'm gonna make Ikuno go around trying different partners instead of Hiro. That'll make an interesting plot without destroying the current relationships that we have.
Err, only Hiro can partner with 9s since he ingested 02 blood which means he can partner with Klaxx or half-Klaxx
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 13:49   Link #2520
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Err, only Hiro can partner with 9s since he ingested 02 blood which means he can partner with Klaxx or half-Klaxx
I'll make it work somehow. I'm the writer in that scenario, remember?