AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-04-05, 22:48   Link #34321
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Oh dear...by a stroke of misguided auction sniping I'll end up with two Hrududus.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 00:16   Link #34322
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Oh dear...by a stroke of misguided auction sniping I'll end up with two Hrududus.
- You'll need two Hrududus. When I got mine years back, I never realized you needed two of them to create the proper Hazel Rah Second form. Missed out on getting a second. And now after i've moved house my original Hazel Rah kit is MIA (must have dropped while I was moving houses). Which is a shame, because I could've built this:
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 01:24   Link #34323
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Speaking of Hazels...

While I intended my next kits to be the Murasame (because I like it and I want to do a Sahaku colors custom) and the Delta Plus (because why not?) I found out that my usual place has all three HGUC Hazel kits (Custom, Advanced, Hazel II). I'm now pondering whether I should buy yet another kit (particularly given my backlog of kits...)

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 02:24   Link #34324
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Depends on what you plan to do with them. The fun of the AoZ Hazel kits was when Dengeki Hobby was putting out the add on stuff like the Hrududu and Primrose. That's why I'm a bit sad about losing my Hazel, since it had the Primrose chest/core fighter, the Hazel II Tri-Booster, the Advanced Hazel Sniper head (which IMHO is one of the coolest and unique Gundam-type heads), the Primrose Cannon, the Hrududu Blade Rifle extensions, the Advanced Hazel sub-arms and high-heel feet. EG I made this, only in Titans colors:

EDIT: The magazine exclusives also tend to be tricky. More than once I've found that I need TWO of the same custom kit to make what I want.Two Hrududus are needed to make a Hazel Rah Second form. Two Primrose are needed to get a matching pair of the variant shoulder armor for the Hazel Owlsa. It still happens today. I got the Wing Gundam Zero Honoo add-on parts from Hobby Japan magazine--and found that I need to buy a SECOND magazine to get a pair of the feather knives shown in the illustration. FML.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2015-04-06 at 02:40.
Old 2015-04-06, 04:07   Link #34325
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Okay this is going to be a problem because I have no idea where I'd find those addons and I don't read Dengeki hobby. <.<

Guess I'll just finish my backlog first: Sniper K9 (dog pack, mostly), Stark Jegan 413, ReZEL Commander, Zeta Plus A1, Jesta, CCA Jegan, and fix up my Banshee to be a Full Armor Banshee Norn.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 05:08   Link #34326
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

The add-ons are a limited run so ebay is probably your best bet.

Also @KCT: the sensor blad shield attachment allows you to mount two Shield Boosters, but nto in the way as illutrated, so you might need ot do some modding with that---or else use the angled shield holder from the Hrairoo kit.
Old 2015-04-06, 06:08   Link #34327
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
Then I guess you haven't heard about our local hobby shop here, it's called white base located at Maharlika. That where we mostly get our kits and supplies. Yes, I'm from Baguio and no I'm not the prick who keeps on buying everything at the mall.
Can I have a complete address? I'm at Ilocos Sur at the moment and won't be back in Cordillera till next month.
Old 2015-04-06, 08:28   Link #34328
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
The add-ons are a limited run so ebay is probably your best bet.

Also @KCT: the sensor blad shield attachment allows you to mount two Shield Boosters, but nto in the way as illutrated, so you might need ot do some modding with that---or else use the angled shield holder from the Hrairoo kit.
I'm aware about the part needing two Hrududus, just that landing one of them is a rather expensive venture, and two of them makes it worse since I need to deal with proxies. I bought an Advanced Hazel back in around 2006/2007 for that purpose, except I was pretty late into the party.

I got the Hrududu add-ons via YJA, eBay is a no-go for these kind of items. The problem with them is that they are very, very rare now since they're made in around 2006/2007 (typical situation where supplies simply dwindled up). By a stroke of luck I managed to snag two Primroses back then, since there's this shop near where I studied carried the Taiwanese version of DHM, when the T³ Arc forums (the only place dedicated to AoZ material as far as I recalled) informed about the release of those add-ons.

With regards to the shields, I think the point is that I gonna need the Hrairoo kit...at some point. Speaking of those attachments I'm kind of surprised why no one attempted to make a third party version of them, probably the fact that AoZ is considered to be somewhat obscure outside of Japan?

Last edited by kct; 2015-04-06 at 08:50.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 10:00   Link #34329
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
Can I have a complete address? I'm at Ilocos Sur at the moment and won't be back in Cordillera till next month.
Just head on to the Maharlika shopping center, head towards the second floor via the (defunct)excalator head straight forward(the "minefield") then turn left at the end. To your immediate right you will find the shop. I recommend going there at around 2pm onwards since they are closed in the morning.
Old 2015-04-07, 03:06   Link #34330
Skye629

Thats a pretty legit pic there GundamGuy

Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 05:19   Link #34331
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

But wait, there's mroe from Gundamguy...
Old 2015-04-08, 20:34   Link #34332
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Finally finished RG Astrea. RG sure is very finicky. Small part that easily to fall over. other than that fun build. It certainly feel much more high quality compare to "hollow" HG. Since RG Astrea come with extra part that allow me to make F1/F2/Exia. Is really fun to swap the part to suit my taste. At the end I opt for F2 with F1 head and Exia GN Drive. Also it come with those wonderful arsenal. Cannot wait to make wonderful pose

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 23:58   Link #34333
Chibiloli

Anybody here any good red Gunpla? Besides the Red Warrior and anything piloted by Char, would prefer if it were a gundam type and is capable of flight.
Old 2015-04-09, 03:02   Link #34334
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
Anybody here any good red Gunpla? Besides the Red Warrior and anything piloted by Char, would prefer if it were a gundam type and is capable of flight.
Mostly or fully Red/Dark Pink/Burgundy?

I listed everything mostly red or partly red that I think mostly meets your requirements. Ill highlight the 75%+ red ones

I also limited the list to Gundam Types

UC
- Gerbera Tetra (Made directly from the GP-04)

SEED/DESTINY
- Sword Impulse
- Justice/Infinite Justice
- Saviour
- Aegis
- Nebula Blitz
- Astray Red Frame (HG with Flight Pack)

Wing
- Epyon (MG EW)

Gundam X
- Virsago/Virsago Chest-Break (Almost no kits for these two unfortunately, only 1/144 NG for both and 1/100 HG for the former)
- Airmaster

- Gundam Legilis Memory of Eden Colors (Online Exclusive HG)
- AGE-3 Orbital

- Astraea Type-F (HG/144 and NG/100, also a limited RG, but requires a RG Exia)
- Throne Drei
- Arche Gundam
- Reborns Gundam
- All TRANS-AM kits -Trollface-

(All 00 Units by default of capable of full flight under gravity due to GN Particles)

BF:
- Exia DM
- Amazing Red Warrior
- Wing Zero Honoo
Old 2015-04-09, 06:23   Link #34335
Chibiloli

Astrea type-F sounds nice, but getting it here in the philippines may be a problem due to how screwed up the stores tend to stock, I'll go straight to the warehouse in Quiapo to check if they have them.
Old 2015-04-09, 07:23   Link #34336
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post

- Astraea Type-F (HG/144 and NG/100, also a limited RG, but requires a RG Exia)
ehhh no. RG Astrea (normal color) is the one that require Exia. RG Astrea Type F (Red one) is stand alone. In fact it contain Red Exia part XD

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 18:47   Link #34337
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Woo, got my Justice done! Or almost. Still need to panel line the Fatum and what not, but the build itself is done, lol. Think I'll leave it like this cause I saw this setup on this guy's blog and thought it looked rad lol.

Spoiler for for size:

Next up will probably be the HGUC Unicorn Destroy Mode...
Old 2015-04-09, 19:05   Link #34338
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
ehhh no. RG Astrea (normal color) is the one that require Exia. RG Astrea Type F (Red one) is stand alone. In fact it contain Red Exia part XD
Oh woops, my bad

And nice Justice Blue-kun

As a quick note the HGUC Unicorn NTD does have some problems
Old 2015-04-09, 19:08   Link #34339
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Oh woops, my bad

And nice Justice Blue-kun

As a quick note the HGUC Unicorn NTD does have some problems
Thanks! And oh no, haha! What kind of issues does it have? I read it was mainly sort of a brick, that at best you'd be pulling off simple shooting poses, but to be fair I'm kinda into those more than the crazy action-y ones since they look good from most angles, haha.

Or is there something more serious?
Old 2015-04-09, 19:57   Link #34340
bio9205
Reborn

Nice Justice there. Maybe it's the all-red colour, but I'm really loving my RG Justice. Granted, the only other RG I have is the Exia, but the Justice just blows it away. I can't explain it. It's not like I'm a big fan of the Justice either, I like it but not as much as other suits.

On a side note, still waiting for my HG Transient and RG 00R pre-orders to arrive! Can't wait.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy