AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-03-04, 06:13   Link #1061
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

man i wish Mashima was a better writer. he could have made this into something wicked. but, in saying that it was still entertaning to read. kind of exepected the spell to not work. it was explained when the master did it on jose.

big question is will luxus actully take over the guild after this battle. if Makrov does die(which i'm still not convinced about) will he actully take over.

i execpct him to kind of go into a solitude mode and wonder the world, then just show up when the situtation is grim.
Old 2009-03-04, 08:15   Link #1062
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Weeeell...I expect Makarov to survive, and offering Luxus the position but him refusing (either that or telling Luxus he has much to learn). Fairy Tail would be much,MUCH more interesting if those god damned titles were different, they seriously ruin all the suspense!
Quote:
I expect him to kind of go into a solitude mode and wonder the world, then just show up when the situation is grim.
Sounds more like Mistgun to me
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 16:11   Link #1063
Ultenth

Again, so predictible, I (and probably everyone else) realized as soon as they reminded us that the spell attacks everyone considered an enemy, that no one from fairly tale would be attacked. This whole arc has been just really...disappointing.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 18:08   Link #1064
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
Again, so predictible, I (and probably everyone else) realized as soon as they reminded us that the spell attacks everyone considered an enemy, that no one from fairly tale would be attacked. This whole arc has been just really...disappointing.
Yes, it has been quite disappointing but it did raise a few questions that i want answered though. And that in itself is interesting enough, such as the "why couldn't natsu pass through fried's magic?" Who was the iron dragon slayer talking to? And also if the dragons disappeared then where exactly did they go that no one has found them yet?
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 21:58   Link #1065
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowow View Post
Yes, it has been quite disappointing but it did raise a few questions that i want answered though. And that in itself is interesting enough, such as the "why couldn't natsu pass through fried's magic?" Who was the iron dragon slayer talking to? And also if the dragons disappeared then where exactly did they go that no one has found them yet?
The doll that Gazel was talking to was Jose if memory serves me correct. I may be wrong.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 02:19   Link #1066
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Gazille was talking to some "Master Ivan", I don't think it's a codename for Jose although he could have miraculously survived fairy law and found one of Zelef's minions and got transformed into a totally different person...Mashima has laid down a very versatile story, if planned carefully he can make twists of Aizen/CP9 level.
Old 2009-03-05, 06:12   Link #1067
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say I was a bit disappointed with the Fairy Law bit. Wasn't sure how they were going to stop him, but hoped for more than 'oh he really didn't see them as enemies after all.' I mean this guy petrified some of the members, made them beat the crap out of each other and overall just made a lot of people suffer. Yet he didn't hate them enough for Fairy Law to annihilate them? Just hope Luxus doesn't end up taking over since no development will make that guy ready for that.

The Gazille situation is pretty interesting. Not a huge surprise that he's in a position to betray the guild. Of course don't think he's all bad and will probably end up on their side in the end. Maybe I'm off, but do think Levi will have something to do with his change of heart. Still think he'll initially betray them with whoever this "Master Ivan" is. Is nice that even though we're in this situation with Luxus that another conflict is already being set up.
Old 2009-03-05, 06:28   Link #1068
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The Luxus fight isn't over yet, Natsu has a say in it~
I think that Lluvia (Rubia or whatever translation you may get your hands on) will have something to do with Gazille's true affinity, since they were originally in the same guild and all, but I think he'll definitely join FT for real in the end...hope he won't pull another "Luxus" though.
Old 2009-03-05, 12:14   Link #1069
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well.. this series is going down hill. It was never the best, but it was at the very least entertaining. Enough with Luxus' (grand)parental problems, jeez.
Old 2009-03-05, 19:48   Link #1070
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

It's true, the past arcs were full of suprises while recent ones are a little predictable but every series has ups and downs, at least that's what i'm hoping, that it will get better again.

Last edited by Waven; 2009-03-06 at 05:47.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 04:45   Link #1071
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Hmmm now i don't like the latest chapter o.O it's good shonen but dragged out ... hmm maybe i'll like it better scanlated o.o

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 08:11   Link #1072
Freeter
beyond

Luxus KO'ed, crappy arc over. About time.

Lost all interest once Mashima whipped out Sieg-clone and killed all possible ErzaxNatsu chances. Unless the next arc does something truly unexpected, I might just give up on this series.
Old 2009-03-10, 09:27   Link #1073
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Luxus KO'ed, crappy arc over. About time.

Lost all interest once Mashima whipped out Sieg-clone and killed all possible ErzaxNatsu chances. Unless the next arc does something truly unexpected, I might just give up on this series.
If you're looking for pairings this might be the wrong series for you after all, i thought we were all just kidding and wishful thinking when we joked about ErzaxNatsu.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 13:43   Link #1074
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
If you're looking for pairings this might be the wrong series for you after all, i thought we were all just kidding and wishful thinking when we joked about ErzaxNatsu.
I know, I was half-joking about it too. But it would've added some spice to the series, which it desperately needs right now since One Piece is killing it in just about every other department.
Old 2009-03-10, 16:44   Link #1075
Ultenth

I guarentee that there will be no actual romance ever in this manga. I think we all know that to be true, any shipping done here is purely speculation and wishful thinking.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 17:51   Link #1076
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, in that case...EZRAxNATSU!! *waves the flag* Who cares about the 'reality' - they're the best pair.

(Yes I know, I'm wishing hard right now )
Old 2009-03-10, 18:03   Link #1077
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Well, in that case...EZRAxNATSU!! *waves the flag* Who cares about the 'reality' - they're the best pair.

do we really want to start this again......oh hell why not!

ERZAxNATSU!!!

haha well if Wendy is who we think she is, possible female dragon slayer then some sort of NATSUxWENDY could come about

I'm not expecting any full blown romance in this but something would be pleasantly welcome
Old 2009-03-10, 18:22   Link #1078
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

does Natsu even know the difference between boys and girls?
Old 2009-03-10, 18:31   Link #1079
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Mashima is pretty bad at writing, but you gotta admit he's damn awesome at drawing. Up there with Kubo, Oda and Oh! Great. Oh yeah and the guy who created Vagabond.
Old 2009-03-10, 18:56   Link #1080
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
does Natsu even know the difference between boys and girls?
I'm pretty sure he does - he grew up with Ezra and demonMirajanne - can you imagine the pain instore for anyone walking in on either of them??? Frightening just to think about it...lol

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen