AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-15, 15:07   Link #281
mizou
Observer

Is is true that the story in the novel is more ' normal ' thant what shinbo made, I mean that there's not so much dialogue on the novels.
Old 2012-01-15, 16:20   Link #282
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizou View Post
Is is true that the story in the novel is more ' normal ' thant what shinbo made, I mean that there's not so much dialogue on the novels.
I still haven't read the first two books, but I assure you that if anything there is a lot more dialogue on the novels than in the anime. In the first episode of Nise they cut half of the stuff, for example. Story-wise I think the anime follows the books very closely, although of course the visuals of the anime can be crazy.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 04:53   Link #283
HasuMasu
*Artist

There's much more talking in the novels.
Old 2012-01-17, 21:59   Link #284
brocko

Just wondering what the word play is for Nise and Kazu (if there is any this time around).

Bakemonogatari was a portmanteau between bakemono (ghost/monster/etc.) and monogatari (story/tale) which conveniently and coincidentally transition into english pretty well with Ghostory (Ghost + story).

tl;dr
Are Nisemono and Kazumono actual japanese words and if so what are their definitions?

EDIT: Nvm, wiki had the answers lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nisio_I...ogatari_Series

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 07:25   Link #285
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Anyway, I have a general Monogatari Series question... it is split in two parts, the first chronologically is:

Kizu -> Neko/Kuro -> 2xBake -> 2xNise
  • Now does the second series follow a chronological order?

And can someone PM please minimalistic answers to the following:
  • Is there a time lapse between the chronological end of the first and the beginning of the second series?
  • Does Tsubasa make that trip after graduating
  • If she does, are the events covered in a novel? Which one?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-01-20 at 13:51. Reason: moved to Q&A thread
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 09:55   Link #286
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Anyway, I have a general Monogatari Series question... it is split in two parts, the first chronologically is:

Kizu -> Neko/Kuro -> 2xBake -> 2xNise
  • Now does the second series follow a chronological order?

• Is there a time lapse between the chronological end of the first and the beginning of the second series?
I guess in a way you can say that the second series do have a chronological order.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-01-20 at 13:51. Reason: reflected edit/move
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 09:59   Link #287
Malkuth
Banned

Pity... I believe that shuffling events' sequence makes character development a lot more interesting to read/watch, as well reaslistic. At least worked out fine in Monogatari, and did wonders for otherwise mediocre source material (thinking about Haruhi and Ga-Rei)
Old 2012-01-20, 10:05   Link #288
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Pity... I believe that shuffling events' sequence makes character development a lot more interesting to read/watch, as well reaslistic. At least worked out fine in Monogatari, and did wonders for otherwise mediocre source material (thinking about Haruhi and Ga-Rei)
Wait wait wait, when you say chronological order are you trying to ask if they are published in a chronological order? Because if you then the answer is no.
Old 2012-01-20, 10:18   Link #289
lolzorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Wait wait wait, when you say chronological order are you trying to ask if they are published in a chronological order? Because if you then the answer is no.
You don't say the chronology gets really confusing and tantalising, since there are still areas in the second season still left blank for the moment. Even Hanekawa outrightly states in NekoShiro that a novel's worth has been skipped over XD
lolzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 10:59   Link #290
Malkuth
Banned

I meant published in chronological order, so 2nd series follows the first's structure
Old 2012-01-20, 11:20   Link #291
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
I meant published in chronological order, so 2nd series follows the first's structure
Yes and no. In the first season the books are published in different orders but at least you can tell which book came after which. The second season is A LOT more complicated.
Old 2012-01-22, 07:07   Link #292
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Just wondering what the word play is for Nise and Kazu (if there is any this time around).

Bakemonogatari was a portmanteau between bakemono (ghost/monster/etc.) and monogatari (story/tale) which conveniently and coincidentally transition into english pretty well with Ghostory (Ghost + story).

tl;dr
Are Nisemono and Kazumono actual japanese words and if so what are their definitions?

EDIT: Nvm, wiki had the answers lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nisio_I...ogatari_Series
Hmmm.... does that make nisemonogatari an "impostory" then?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 22:02   Link #293
Clarste
Human

Quote:
About a month has passed since the end of Bakemonogatari before Nisemonogatari starts. They still haven't graduated and Hanekawa hasn't taken her trip yet.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 12:00   Link #294
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

How bad is the censoring and "unfinished stuff" in Nise? In other words, should I wait for the BDs??
Old 2012-01-29, 12:19   Link #295
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
How bad is the censoring and "unfinished stuff" in Nise? In other words, should I wait for the BDs??
There isn't any noticeable unfinished stuff. As for censoring it's just your usual steam in bath stuff. You might see more in Blu-ray but don't hold your breath since there things called "laws".
Old 2012-01-29, 12:21   Link #296
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
There isn't any noticeable unfinished stuff. As for censoring it's just your usual steam in bath stuff. You might see more in Blu-ray but don't hold your breath since there things called "laws".
Steam is no biggie. What bothers me is blinding light or 90% of the screen in black.
Old 2012-01-29, 12:24   Link #297
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Quote:
Don't Know, but if there isn't complete removed scene probably i don't notice bad censoring act..

Then probably you can not wait BD
Old 2012-01-29, 23:33   Link #298
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Nise has so far been surprisingly free of those typical SHAFT maladies so far. It is truly something that even I'm still finding hard to believe myself but the truth is that the only black screens on Nise up till now are just there to single out that something was cut from the novels due to time and not to hide shortcomings with the production.
Old 2012-02-04, 14:45   Link #299
Kakujitsu
Lurker

How long left till
Spoiler:

Quote:
I've heard that if you tilt your screen during a certain part of the bath scene, you can see through the steam.
Kakujitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 20:57   Link #300
HasuMasu
*Artist

Probably episode 9 if they decide to include it.

Tags
q&a