AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-05-05, 06:26   Link #52801
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Crap, forgot I already have one. Rasiel.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 16:39   Link #52802
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Ichika want a secured future instead of uncertain highschool drama

Icchan and Ikkun in a nutshell

(Actual Childhood friend optional)
*snickers* such a low-key proposal... but it actually fits with them.

~^~

["Hey...what are you doing this Saturday?"

"Hn? Just sleeping in if I can manage. But I got nothing planned - why?"

"...I was thinking... wanna get married?"

"Hn...sure, sounds nice... wait...:confused.... WHAAAAAT?!"

"No take-backs~!"

"No faaaaair~!"]

Icchan: And that's how we got engaged~ *laughing lightly*

Girls: *glare at Ichika* That was SO unromantic...

Ikkun: What? If I did it that way, we would have been so nervous...

Girls: You EVIL MAN! GIVE IT BACK! A WOMAN'S PROPOSAL SHOULDN'T BE LIKE THAT!!

Icchan: ... hhhmmmmmhhhnnnhmmmm...*her IS starts to manifest as she hums* .. what are you say~ing, huh? Please don't go screwing things up between us~*gives the smile of the 'Angel of Death'*

~v~
Old 2014-05-05, 16:40   Link #52803
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

@Tempest: Any ideas for the next Drabbles?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 16:44   Link #52804
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, give me a scene from the IS2 that you'd like to see re-done. My brain is in an 'interesting place' after I walked in on a drinking party last night when I came back from my military/militia obligation.

I probably should do Madoka soon too.
Old 2014-05-05, 16:58   Link #52805
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hnn, give me a scene from the IS2 that you'd like to see re-done. My brain is in an 'interesting place' after I walked in on a drinking party last night when I came back from my military/militia obligation.

I probably should do Madoka soon too.
I don't know....family memories. Scenes of a remade moment where Ichika, Chifuyu and Madoka taking a photo to replace the single picture she has in her pendant?

Old 2014-05-05, 17:36   Link #52806
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I don't know....family memories. Scenes of a remade moment where Ichika, Chifuyu and Madoka taking a photo to replace the single picture she has in her pendant?
Got ya.

Photo Op - 2

~^~

"ICHIKAAAA!!!"

The startled young man fell off the couch in bewilderment. "Wha-what?" Suddenly a heavy weight that was just about Madoka's size landed firmly on his chest, pinning him to the ground. "Wait, what's ..."

*vrrnnn*

Two BITs materialized on either side of his head. So close were they that he could feel a bit of heat as the lasers charged up.

"Um, Madoka, I'm REALLY confused right now..."

"My pendant! Where Is IT!?"

"Did you forget it somewhere," Chifuyu looked at them, seemingly unconcerned that Madoka had two instruments of destruction aimed at her little brother's head.

"You know I never forget it anywhere," Madoka hissed.

"Really now," Chifuyu nodded, producing a golden chain from behind her back. "That's not what I think..." As she said that, she produced a single, broken golden chain.

Madoka's eyes widened and her entire posture just wilted. Even the BITs de-materialized slowly. "N-no... what happened...?"

Chifuyu tossed her the chain without preamble. "I don't know. I just found it lying on the ground next to some thick brush by the northern ga-"

WHOOSH!!

Madoka had lept off of Ichika and tore pass Chifuyu to the front door.

"...what was that about...?" Ichika sat up, rubbing his chest from where Madoka landed atop of him.

"...beats me," Chifuyu replied, still looking at the door as it remained ajar after Madoka ran through. She turned around to see Ichika putting on a jacket and taking another one with him. While it was closing in on the summer months, some nights still got rather chilly and Madoka was just wearing a thin shirt and shorts when she ran out. "And where are you going?" It wasn't as if she didn't know - she just wanted him to confirm it.

"I'm gonna go help her. Even if she's like that, she's still family."

"...I see."

"...you're not going to stop me?"

"Why? You're obviously set on it." She turned away from the door. "I'll just order some food in, don't expect me to wait up for you."

"Okay, Chifuyu-nee."

"And get flashlights too, but don't stay out too late."

Ichika smiled. Even if she still acted cold to Madoka at times, she had never stopped taking care of the both of them. The bonds of family were truly strong within the Orimura household. "We'll be back by midnight."

~v~

Think that'll make for a good intro to it. I'll make this a longer drabble like the previous one. This one will definitely be Madoka's drabble as it will contain most of my thoughts on her as she breaks down a bit after losing her 'precious pendant'.
Old 2014-05-05, 17:59   Link #52807
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Tempest
10/10
Old 2014-05-05, 20:01   Link #52808
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Human mind does most of its math in under-conciusness level. Work well, but impossible to duplicate. But maybe that is also a nice safety feature: No one and nothing but Tabane could access to all the data, even the Core itself.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 23:14   Link #52809
demino_hellsin
That one guy

"Sub" miner. The word you're looking for is SUBconscious.
Old 2014-05-06, 01:59   Link #52810
I'm-here-present

Quote:
Got ya.

Photo Op - 2

~^~

"ICHIKAAAA!!!"

The startled young man fell off the couch in bewilderment. "Wha-what?" Suddenly a heavy weight that was just about Madoka's size landed firmly on his chest, pinning him to the ground. "Wait, what's ..."

*vrrnnn*

Two BITs materialized on either side of his head. So close were they that he could feel a bit of heat as the lasers charged up.

"Um, Madoka, I'm REALLY confused right now..."

"My pendant! Where Is IT!?"

"Did you forget it somewhere," Chifuyu looked at them, seemingly unconcerned that Madoka had two instruments of destruction aimed at her little brother's head.

"You know I never forget it anywhere," Madoka hissed.

"Really now," Chifuyu nodded, producing a golden chain from behind her back. "That's not what I think..." As she said that, she produced a single, broken golden chain.

Madoka's eyes widened and her entire posture just wilted. Even the BITs de-materialized slowly. "N-no... what happened...?"

Chifuyu tossed her the chain without preamble. "I don't know. I just found it lying on the ground next to some thick brush by the northern ga-"

WHOOSH!!

Madoka had lept off of Ichika and tore pass Chifuyu to the front door.

"...what was that about...?" Ichika sat up, rubbing his chest from where Madoka landed atop of him.

"...beats me," Chifuyu replied, still looking at the door as it remained ajar after Madoka ran through. She turned around to see Ichika putting on a jacket and taking another one with him. While it was closing in on the summer months, some nights still got rather chilly and Madoka was just wearing a thin shirt and shorts when she ran out. "And where are you going?" It wasn't as if she didn't know - she just wanted him to confirm it.

"I'm gonna go help her. Even if she's like that, she's still family."

"...I see."

"...you're not going to stop me?"

"Why? You're obviously set on it." She turned away from the door. "I'll just order some food in, don't expect me to wait up for you."

"Okay, Chifuyu-nee."

"And get flashlights too, but don't stay out too late."

Ichika smiled. Even if she still acted cold to Madoka at times, she had never stopped taking care of the both of them. The bonds of family were truly strong within the Orimura household. "We'll be back by midnight."

~v~

Think that'll make for a good intro to it. I'll make this a longer drabble like the previous one. This one will definitely be Madoka's drabble as it will contain most of my thoughts on her as she breaks down a bit after losing her 'precious pendant'.
Now we will see a rare event... a yandere girl crying like a child
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 07:53   Link #52811
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I've just realized through GARO styled amnesiac Ichika how much Cecilia hates weak men and in what way >.>
Old 2014-05-06, 11:54   Link #52812
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
We have Houki for PLOT!

Rin will defeinitely take ACTION!

I don't think any of them can handle 3 times the passion of normal flamenco though.
It's called being swept off their feet.

But really, RAEG-chika is meant to be the primal force on which I bludgeon villains with that increases in damage the more damage he takes.

And then he pops his ult to oneshot. Or win a heart. Tastefully of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Please, they can't even handle passion of normal flamenco. Yes, they're that bad.
Who says they have to?

They are bad though, and I intend to fix it.

Quote:
Thing with Ichika's sense of security. He never does his own securing. He just lets whoever drag him along. Oddlyenough... That doesn't really feel secure at all.
Why do you think he's so insecure hmm? He's so insecure about his security that it makes him latch on to other people randomly and thing is insecure people compensating for it ATTRACT even more insecure people. See that in psych wards all the time.

That said, I can't say that I have a lot of the insecurity in Ichika left in The Infinite Stratos. Mine is my RAEG-chika. I suppose you could psychoanalyze his character as the insecure high-school delinquent turning his weak past into a warpath (that's the psycho make-up of the usual HSD). He's still insecure, but I combined it with his canon ability to try too hard to become MAN ON FIRE.

Quote:
I've just realized through GARO styled amnesiac Ichika how much Cecilia hates weak men and in what way >.>
I'm more upset how that only exists in fandom than in the books. :<

EDIT: I just discovered the radio show Odoroki Five.

Suddenly, Meister Springstein's cameos in The Infinite Stratos make a lot of sense. Disregard the omakes where Springstein and Houki both go goofing off while totally OOC.

Aw hell the entire omake radio show of The Infinite Stratos is all about OOC. Like Cecily acting like CC, Houki being a cross of a certain high school student council president and general goofball, Laura sounding like a boy with no friends, Charlotte trying to turn you into an imoutocon. Only RIN doesn't change much because she's already a goofball...

Best act is still the newtype!Ichika lulz.
Old 2014-05-06, 13:26   Link #52813
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
My brain is in an 'interesting place' after I walked in on a drinking party last night when I came back from my military/militia obligation.
I see this and suddenly...

------

SL-1Z - The People's Massproduction Spaceframe "Shenlong"

Spoiler for Pic:

One of the most recognizable IS frames in the world is the Chinese spaceframe Shenlong. Preferred by many gladiators from Camp Beijing, Chinese pilots have achieved top results in arenas all over with this fast yet reliable Stratos platform almost devoid of ranged weapons. And yet, as the Shenlong undergoes reinvention after reinvention, with the latest model fielded under Huang Yinglin, it is the "speed bump" during development that became prominent, and remains imprinted in people's minds, to this very day.

Make no mistake; the Shenlong isn't powerful. Statwise, it isn't even good. It is a late FIRST GENERATION IS. With an aging power converter of Willpower Factor (WpF) 465, it is only 60-70% of the super-turbocharged 2G Iron Maidens from the US. For its formidable arsenal of melee weapons to equip, it has no energy blades and usually only can carry one, two or just three of them at once. For shooting, it has a mere hand vulcan often lampooned as an airsoft gun. Three if you count the optional grenade launchers and the flamethrower-range fusion-based Dragon Gun. It doesn't look tough on paper, with a 10% decrease in Shield Hardening over its predecessor, the prototype SL-1. The SL-1Z is also difficult to use, requiring years of training to reach levels of average competancy.

Instead, it is only when you see the WpF/Wt ratio of 40 that the reason of SL-1Z's success is apparent. For those less versed, that value is only beaten by Akatsubaki's WpF/Wt ratio of 62, and that's a 4th generation wonk from Tabane herself!

The Communist adage "Better is the Enemy of Good Enough" plagues this line of IS. Starting with the original Shenlong prototype, the Party forgot it was a prototype and converted their first batch of cores into Shenlongs. Even though it really was just an Uchigane clone with all the skirt armor resculpted and mounted on the shoulders, and then with "styled armor" welded over everything else because "it needed to survive a nuclear explosion". That meant the underpowered Chi-Nu converter was carrying over 5 tons of mass! While it could take a hit and lug around the massive 122mm D2-T "sawed off" howitzer, the frame could barely accelerate enough to make use of the varied swords, spears and bludgeons at its disposal. Instead, pilots learned to just use the mass of frame and weapon as the bludgeon, and angmohs quickly learned never to brawl with a SL-1 closing at speed, or sit still while the howizter was pointing at them.

Still, the lacklustre performance of the SL-1 was an embarrassment to the Party. Comrade Engineer Zhang Mei was tasked with fixing the SL-1's flaws and all she did was effectively rip everything off. She also tuned the Dragon Gun and merged it with the claw arm originally carrying the howitzer, creating the now famous "Dragon Shoulder" that can be quickly mounted onto arm for a mid-range skirmish and then launched as a wired claw attack.

The rollout model of SL-1Z had just a Qiang, the 18mm hand vulcan, and the Dragon Shoulder. It was a lopsided affair that met with some scorn for having "ruined" the big-boned beauty that was SL-1. It was also puny compared to the SL-1, but once the pilot climbed in, they found a world of difference. Where the SL-1 was a celestial bull, the SL-1Z was a dancing dragonfly. Pilots also found that they could pick and choose the weapon of their choice, and the frame could accommodate their playstyle effectively. It could also survive a nuclear explosion -- by just not being there when it hits!

The SL-1Z marked China's emergence as a Stratovsky superpower. So successful was the SL-1Z that it garnered the interest of rival cadres within the party. And so, the line went downhill again. The SL-2 was produced in secret and on limited rollout caught Zhang completely off-guard. The SL-2 was the SL-1Z made symmetrically balanced and added a 2nd Generation particle compressor, giving it a 33% improvement in terms of paper stats. However, the low WpF/wt ratio came back to haunt the line and the dual Dragon Guns ended up just causing the own unit to overheat from keeping both on warm shutdown, as was required in order to have them ready for snap-trigger shooting! Many athletes also didn't take kindly to being forced to go back to 'barbaric' SL-1 gameplay. Hence the SL-2 conversions ended up as training vehicles at Camp Beijing.

SL-3 is arguably even worse. The personal unit of Yinglin is a troll -- to its pilot that is. On paper it was amazing: it packs a 3rd Gen Stratovsky particle generator-compressor giving excellent output capable of middling WpF/wt and manageable agility, very bouncy shields, the next generation Shock Cannons, good power output, dual Sabers that can dock into a double-edged Qiang. Most of all, it had self-storage capability. At first shift, the unit has no Dragon Shoulder but the round spaulders can be demounted and used as boxing gloves. However, the entire package didn't quite gel and the structural integrity field is notoriously weak, as seen by the unit's cracking under getting pummeled at close range by the Schwarz Regen. Remember, German IS are known for having good guns powered by cheesy technology, not CQC! So if it cannot CQC properly, the SL-3's only real strength are the Shock Cannons. But alas; while fast, with dual-fire mode and slightly longer reach, it can't compete with the shot velocity and penetration of the Dragon Gun (being almost entirely EM spec the DG's shot velocity is 0.89c! And it melts shields!) The SL-3 also has to chase its opponent where its middling agility can come up short against some units, whereas the SL-1Z has the option to drag into its killzone anything it (somehow) cannot pursue. Lastly, SL-3's rushed state led to a long tuning process that kept Lingyi out of the story for a while and seemed to just endow the unit with a mind of its own, complete with good and bad days. Lin can be seen fighting the unit as much as she is fighting her opponent at times even. Meaning that her reasonable performance in the SL-3 is more a testament to her tenacity rather than her unit's capabilities.

After getting sold out twice over, Zhang left the Engineering Corps in disgust. She is however said to be working on her version of the SL-3, and maybe with time an "SL-3Z" can show them copycats who are the real bitches in the Inner Circle.

Until then, the SL-1Z remains the flagship of the Red Army. This is in spite of all those generations of "innovation" and demonstrates how money doesn't always solve everything. The SL-1Z plays the Beautiful Swan game China is adored for and likewise is loved by IS fanatics and the pilots that swear by them. While it isn't for the newbie, the nimble, simple fighter continues to be the platform of choice when the Warriors of Wulin present themselves upon the world stage.

------

An article from metafictional hobby magazine STRATOMAG. Total geekout fic there.
Old 2014-05-06, 17:07   Link #52814
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Y'know, I had this long search already planned out and then it hit me - literally; Madoka would have just used a scan from her IS to locate the locket. I mean, it's quite feasible isn't it?

And I obviously kept Silent Zephyrs with her so... To have or not to have, that is the question... Maybe I should have her under some sort of restriction - honestly she SHOULD be under restriction about it.

What do you guys think is more realistic? I know the most realistic route would be to have Silent Zephyrs removed from Madoka but...that's not happening. And notice I'm not including the blasphemy of her wielding Kuroshiki - yes, because I don't acknowledge ANY of episode 12 of S2 - ANY OF IT!

-------------

She stared at the clump of bushes before her. It was already past dusk and even though the sidewalk lights were on, they did little to light the area she was in. She thought she recognized this particular clump of bushes - she had low-crawled through this place just a night ago. She must have lost it then...

Tiny fists clenched, she suddenly had a thought and performed a partial summoning of her IS right gauntlet and glove. Pulling up a holographic display, she keyed in a few commands, reset a few parameters and then held her hand out as her IS performed a 50 meter sensor sweep.

"I don't know why I was so ... about this. This is an easy fix."

Be-beep :: Scan Completed ::

"Ah, there it... is?"

Her self-satisfied smirk disappeared in a heartbeat as she looked at the results. She nearly dove into the bush, breaking branches left and right in order to grab the locket - both ruined halves of it.
Old 2014-05-06, 18:38   Link #52815
blitz1/2

I think Madoka should have her IS under lock, especially if she is a prisoner, only maybe allowing 2 BITS max for defense.

Old 2014-05-06, 19:25   Link #52816
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Two scenario I can think

Britain and America want a heavy handed punishment, most definitely they will. However, assuming no Izuru-style problem handwaving, we'll get two outcome
1. Taking everything into account, Madoka is nothing but underage terrorist. As for how her punishment is dealt, that depends on her killcount and her cooperation afterwards.
2. Her keeping Silent Zephyr is highly unlikely, if not impossible. On the other hand, if we treat Black Knight as entirely separate I.S. with different core, we'll got 2 scenario branch
1.A. Someone personally keep it but it's still technically Madoka's, in this case, Chifuyu probably did.
2.B. Madoka exchange her I.S. for limited freedom

BTW, this is also how it goes in Mirrorverse, with Ichika bargaining for her sake, much to her confusion and annoyance.

The fight between him and Madoka happened twice, using ByakuShiki, Raijin, Silent Zephyr and Black Knight respectively.
Old 2014-05-06, 20:14   Link #52817
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
"What do you think of ShenLong, Utsuho?"

"Tatenashi-sama, beside the Impact Cannon, ShenLong is an IS made with reliable, proved technologies. The unit itself is just a testbed for the cannon."

"That is what I think. But don't you think the pilot is not... Suitable for it?"

"Yes, Tatenashi-sama. Huang has got neither the talent of Kanzashi-sama with a polearm, or a body fit for the Guan Dao."

"Communist propaganda. At least they remember to make it much bigger."
Have you ever touch a true Guan Dao? The propotion of Souten is ridiculous. Basically, the ratio of Blade/Handle is not right. The only good thing that the large blade is good for Rin's hack 'n bash style.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 20:18   Link #52818
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Shenlong's blade is not a true Dao, Guan Dao are less a sword and more a halberd.

Also, you're going full on chuuni with that snippet.
Old 2014-05-06, 21:31   Link #52819
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Also, you're going full on chuuni with that snippet.
The power of Imagination > Reality.
Old 2014-05-06, 22:51   Link #52820
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
The power of Imagination > Reality.
Well no offense, but there are such a thing as suspension of disbelief

If you ask my opinion as commentator however, I'd say that snipped is a nice seed to plan and the fandom will savor the fruit.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest