AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-02, 22:15   Link #301
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Anther wacky episode and Kamiomi show a new sign a creepiness
Old 2013-02-02, 22:16   Link #302
SQA

Did Shinbou just troll us with the ep 5 title?
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 00:15   Link #303
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just seen the last ED.... seems Sasami's brother is kinda good looking....

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-02-03 at 04:38.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 02:53   Link #304
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Just seen the last ED.... seems her Sasami's brother is kinda good looking....
We technically already saw what he looks like through his father. The family had been inbreeding so long that they are all clones by now.
Old 2013-02-03, 05:39   Link #305
Elestia

Shinbo troll levels reached an all time high this episode. And I loved every moment of it.
Old 2013-02-03, 13:31   Link #306
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that Tama experiences an entire 1990s science fiction anime series in the background of this episode? This blockbuster space opera is only afforded about a minute and a half of total of screen time, and what we do see is presented entirely without context. God, that was funny.

I admit it though, they swerved me:
Spoiler for episode 4:

Everyone in this show has great comic delivery, but Chiwa Saito is on a completely different level.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 22:45   Link #307
Grey

Reminds me of the one volume of "Cynthia the Mission" where the boxer side-character has a boxing match with aliens. No real explanation. Just...aliens. He's boxing against aliens.

I like this unconventional and absurd stuff. There's enough style to make it good fun.

But I wonder when the next major plot line will show up. If there is one.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 00:04   Link #308
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

This show has an unusual premise; that all polytheistic religions are real, including alien cults. But otherwise the story is old school.

There will be stories, but keep in mind that we are talking about people with immense power here. Even Kagami is capable of subverting human minds. Solving the problem would never be an issue; most of the time it is about finding the problem.
Old 2013-02-04, 01:01   Link #309
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There will be stories, but keep in mind that we are talking about people with immense power here. Even Kagami is capable of subverting human minds. Solving the problem would never be an issue; most of the time it is about finding the problem.
I do believe they are way past finding problems to solve, creating problems is the modi operandi of these characters.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 14:42   Link #310
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

The weakest part of this show is easily the comedy, which is the typical otaku-related 'humor' we've all seen before.
The actual story though? God damn.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 15:18   Link #311
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 16:29   Link #312
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Such a pain, I'm the only daughter of a long line of incestuous fanatical shinto sect that hide in the mountains, and she is a false spirit my family implanted inside me after they drugged me, in order to control the power of a divine god. She was freed from my body after my cross-dressing idol head priest father thrust a sword through my 3rd arm and into my heart. She took my form during a battle between my crazed family's shrine warriors, government special forces, some aliens and 3 goddesses. We can't be apart, so we live together.
If I could use this as a signature, I absolutely would.

I'm really late in checking out shows from this season, but man this one is fantastic. I love the way things start out so simple and by the end it reaches "wtf" levels of catastrophe. The comedic style is a lot like Regular Show in how it approaches plot escalation.

On the other hand, the show pulls zero punches with the harshness of reality. It doesn't exactly glorify it, it just is what it is, but that makes each moment so great.

Shaft really did a great job in this episode in particular. Just enough of their quirky cuts and animation without being distracting, and the gags were perfectly timed. The suit of armor and the Qubi jokes in particular were well timed, but how they weaved the comedy into the plot was smooth. Nothing felt out of place.
Old 2013-02-05, 17:55   Link #313
Midonin
Last Engage

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai 04 - The Bonus Features Are Amazing

A few days late, but that was a pretty interesting episode, especially structurally. The frame story leading into the DVD leading to the flashback of an extended and (seemingly) random series of events is just the kind of storytelling I'd trust Shaft to do. I also liked that Tama's plotline with the aliens and Kagami's with the hot springs ended up factoring into the final conflict, and what a conflict it was. Then the cutting away from the frame story and integrating that all into the main story... it was very well done. I sorta figured Sasami would keep her power at the end, since it seems kind of essential to the premise, but I wonder if anything will come from having her other self take the form of a harmless(?) rabbit. Kamiomi's appearance throughout the episode reminded me of one of the CGI... things I've seen on gdgd Fairies. And the SD Tsurugi was a great commentator on the events, including the digital distortion applied to her voice.

A very entertaining episode.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 22:55   Link #314
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
but I wonder if anything will come from having her other self take the form of a harmless(?) rabbit.
I'd love to see Sarcoma going all Rabbit of Caerbannog on an army in future episodes.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 12:17   Link #315
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Ep 5 aired. This wasn't what I expected, but it does get Kagami a LOT of screentime. She is cool in my book. Sasami's display of emotion was great. Like, really expensive animation there.
Old 2013-02-07, 13:59   Link #316
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
I'd love to see Sarcoma going all Rabbit of Caerbannog on an army in future episodes.
Then the sisters better have the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch ready, if that were to happen.

As for the episode, that was weird, in a very good way. Tsuruigi is still the best character in this show, probably because she is the most level-headed.
Old 2013-02-08, 01:19   Link #317
EroKing

A couple of freebies.

Old 2013-02-08, 02:37   Link #318
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Interesting that this episode touched on the issue of mortal-deity interaction.

Specifically, that people without powers have fragile, easy to influence minds. This was one reason why Sasami's brother couldn't identify there was anything wrong with a city turning into chocolate or when there was a third arm coming out of Sasami's chest. The very act of trying to befriend a mortal, could cause a deity to unintentionally mind control him or her.

Mortals are like fine Porcelain, they can break under divine influence. Gods can accidentally rob them of their free will just by thinking about it. This leads to the more morally decent gods having to isolate themselves from mortals for their own protection. This also caused unintentional segregation, as gods end up only befriending other supernatural beings.

This also explains why the mortals live as if nothing happened. Most gods leave us alone for our own good, and even if we were affected by divine influence we wouldn't even notice.
Old 2013-02-08, 04:50   Link #319
EroKing

Episode 5 Endcard.
Old 2013-02-08, 06:40   Link #320
Kitsu Breaker

Episode 5 transform Sasami and Kagami in OTP

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, romantic comedy, shounen