AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-05, 06:46   Link #1021
neverlife

A though: what about the human MIMICs, as used by the other reasoners are they also a "full" brain and are they aware? (alive) It is previus stated that they shuld be "considered twins" Nice people !!Maimed, blind, the only contact with the outside the link with the "real twin" a real good life!!
Old 2007-02-05, 17:50   Link #1022
Valcion
Graviton Wave

^I think in the 1st episode they explained that human mimics where created with the pilots' brain cells when they're into in the womb. So its not really living...maybe @.@

Apparently only brain cells at that stage can be used since the mimic can't be replaced if broken, so the pilots should treat their mimics as their twins.
Old 2007-02-05, 17:55   Link #1023
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valcion View Post
^I think in the 1st episode they explained that human mimics where created with the pilots' brain cells when they're into in the womb. So its not really living...maybe @.@

Apparently only brain cells at that stage can be used since the mimic can't be replaced if broken, so the pilots should treat their mimics as their twins.
Thats pretty much right Valcion Which why pilots are so distraught if their mimics are destroyed, it means they can never be a Strain pilot again. Since the process in creating the Mimics can only be done while still in the womb

Just wanted to say its great to see over a thousand post in the Strain thread
Old 2007-02-05, 18:49   Link #1024
neverlife

Yes this is a good show, allthough there are some realy creepy things going on, and I for one am not so sure who the " good" guys are. union in the beginning looked as the all over good guys but now....
Old 2007-02-05, 19:11   Link #1025
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverlife View Post
Yes this is a good show, allthough there are some realy creepy things going on, and I for one am not so sure who the " good" guys are. union in the beginning looked as the all over good guys but now....
Well, after learning from Sara how the MIMIC technology was developed, and if they survive the last battle in episode 12, Glaiven and the other high officials from the Libertad may want to consider requesting their resign from military services.

Or requesting a warrant for arrest and trial against the higher-up authorities for holding the truth from them.
Old 2007-02-05, 23:12   Link #1026
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Well, after learning from Sara how the MIMIC technology was developed, and if they survive the last battle in episode 12, Glaiven and the other high officials from the Libertad may want to consider requesting their resign from military services.

Or requesting a warrant for arrest and trial against the higher-up authorities for holding the truth from them.
Or they could consider defecting as the union higher ups could order thier arrest and excution for treason once they realize the libertad found out the truth.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2007-02-06 at 13:29.
Old 2007-02-06, 13:26   Link #1027
Seska

For the Union "bad guys"...

Where there is Light, there is also Darkness.

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2007-02-06, 20:55   Link #1028
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I would like to know: who are the Union and who are the Deague, how long have they been fighting, and why are they fighting? I don't think any of those questions have been addressed at all in this show. Maybe they haven't mattered up to now, since the show is really about a small group of protagonists, but now perhaps they begin to matter.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-02-06, 21:06   Link #1029
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I would like to know: who are the Union and who are the Deague, how long have they been fighting, and why are they fighting? I don't think any of those questions have been addressed at all in this show. Maybe they haven't mattered up to now, since the show is really about a small group of protagonists, but now perhaps they begin to matter.
The show at the start borrowed elements from the book A Little Princess but oriented to a sci-fi, drama story.

The show deals about Sara Werec's tribulations and sense of self-isolation as she struggles to confront her brother, Ralph Werec, on the opposite of the battlefield.
Spoiler:

The show never addresses with depth what were the causes that provoked the split movement of the human race into Deague and Union and nor it focuses on the overall context of the war.

The war between Union and Deague has been waged for countless centuries and no exact origin has been referenced as to when it started.

The only thing I know is that the Union and Deague are in a race attempt to develop the most advanced technologies to decimate the other.

The war is just there to remind viewers about the dark spectrum of human nature. Humans fight their fellow neighbors to the end for any number of reasons: survival, fear, hatred, coveting of their possessions, etc.

It doesn't matter at the end, because the storyline is addressed mainly upon Sara, Emily, and Ralph.

It's like if you watch Saikano, and also ask who caused the war, why are they fighting, for how long has the war been waged. But Saikano's true theme is about the budding, love story of a couple who is caught amidst the calamities of a world war crisis that has swept the planet, and to make matters freakier, the town where the story takes place is isolated from the rest of the world, and worse the girlfriend was made into th ultimate war weapon to deal with the invaders.
Old 2007-02-07, 00:34   Link #1030
Seska

Quote:
how long have they been fighting, and why are they fighting?
This two questions has its answer in Episode 1. They are fighting over 10 or was it 100? Years now, and they forgotten the reason why.

(The Scene in the School, after the Pactrice run)

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2007-02-07, 13:17   Link #1031
Charles

Just watched 12.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-07, 15:34   Link #1032
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Spoiler for Episode 12:
Old 2007-02-07, 15:58   Link #1033
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep12:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-02-08, 12:39   Link #1034
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh my O.o ep12 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-08, 14:56   Link #1035
Guppy

Quote:
Spoiler for ep12:
Spoiler for ep. 12:
Quote:
Spoiler for ep12:
Spoiler for ep. 12:
Quote:
Spoiler for ep12:
Spoiler for ep. 13 speculation:
Quote:
Spoiler for ep12:
Spoiler for ep. 12:
Old 2007-02-08, 15:31   Link #1036
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This episode is how writers put loads of effort and steam to build a proper climax with a bang.

The action was superb and top notch, and I just could not believe that everything went fast on a blink of an eye, however, I do feel both full and happy on how the twelfth episode unfold.

The use of the soundtrack became an essential ingredient to heighten those very stressful and poignant scenes where you could claim that a loss was inminent or a give away. The two most powerful scenes with the suspense tracks involved Sara and Ralph's confrontations:
Spoiler:

I was able to actually understand several of the conversations despite the language barrier.

And these episode reminded me dearly of the glory of Vandread.
Spoiler:

I say that Omniscient is right that no death toll happened, at least not to the main cast of characters, but several members of the crew (the fodder characters) either became mincemeat by the Tumors or on a bad timing were caught on during the explosions or falling debris.
Spoiler:

Can we assume that Ralph's is totally lost in the dark side? or there's any hope of redemption?
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-08, 16:44   Link #1037
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Spoiler for Episode 12 :

Spoiler for Episode 13:
Old 2007-02-08, 18:29   Link #1038
Varisha
zero no dai fan

Man, those tumors are cool!
Spoiler for episode 12:

I hope the next episode's battle is glorious, whatever happens!
Old 2007-02-08, 18:39   Link #1039
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Spoiler for Episode 13:
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-08, 19:12   Link #1040
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Closed Thread