AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-11-14, 00:26   Link #34901
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

<_<

>_>

*Drops package and runs*

Spoiler for Battle Fantasia:

Read the rest here. Or join the fun here. And don't worry about the backlog, we've got links ready for you.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 01:48   Link #34902
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Remember to set up the correct angle of approach, match your velocity with hers, and then gradually decelerate, deary, otherwise the falling girl will become instant tomato paste
Old 2011-11-14, 01:51   Link #34903
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If Fate can't catch her in time, all she needs to do is borrow that bounce spell of Signum's...
Old 2011-11-14, 02:42   Link #34904
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
<_<

>_>

*Drops package and runs*

Read the rest here. Or join the fun here. And don't worry about the backlog, we've got links ready for you.
I tried getting the flow of the story but my mind got brain rape, screwed and bleached trying to go with the flow...

But i see quite a promising story Battle Fantasia will bring. If I ever get which chapter goes first and which will go next...
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 09:06   Link #34905
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega1987 View Post
I tried getting the flow of the story but my mind got brain rape, screwed and bleached trying to go with the flow...

But i see quite a promising story Battle Fantasia will bring. If I ever get which chapter goes first and which will go next...
You may find this to be useful.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2011-11-14, 09:12   Link #34906
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If Fate can't catch her in time, all she needs to do is borrow that bounce spell of Signum's...
Don't you mean Yuuno's?

I don't recall Signum knowing Floater Field.

In any case, I'm very interested in the story. Looks like a bit of Madoka without making the realities worse than they needed to be, and now the magical girl is getting back-up of the best kind.

Kind of like that excellent Sailor Moon / Nanoha crossover.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 10:22   Link #34907
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Don't you mean Yuuno's?

In any case, I'm very interested in the story. Looks like a bit of Madoka without making the realities worse than they needed to be, and now the magical girl is getting back-up of the best kind.
You have no idea.

Quote:
Kind of like that excellent Sailor Moon / Nanoha crossover.
You mean the one where Luna is an idiot who aggros everything in sight, the Senshi are utterly incompetent and the author switches between anime and manga canons on the basis of which one makes the Senshi and Serenity look worse? I know this is collaborative fiction, but I don't think we're that bad.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2011-11-14, 10:29   Link #34908
Sunder the Gold

My biggest and perhaps only complaint about "White Devil of the Moon" is how it fumbles Yuuno's feelings for Nanoha.

Whatever your own opinions of that fic are, take my comment as a compliment.

Heh. After reading the second chapter, if Fate wasn't grounded for life BEFORE, she certainly is NOW. And this time, she'd actually deserve it.

The stuff with Hayate and the Wolkenritter was awesome.
Old 2011-11-14, 10:39   Link #34909
Justin_Brett

Yeah, a lot of that story is basically 'man, these girls sure do suck, good thing Nanoha, who is way better than Serena in every way, is here!', even if he intended otherwise.

Vivio beating up Rini was pretty funny though, so it's not all bad.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 10:40   Link #34910
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
My biggest and perhaps only complaint about "White Devil of the Moon" is how it fumbles Yuuno's feelings for Nanoha.
Well as of yet there's no shipping happening in this series one way or the other save for ships that are absolutely unquestionably canon (i.e. Usagi/Mamoru). If you get it into your head to swing by and join the development team you'll find that we're very pairing-neutral for just about every series involved, in fact the only argument we've had on that front was the question of Sayaka/Kyouko vs Sayaka/Kyousuke, and we started this whole thing back in March, so I'd say we're doing pretty good in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Yeah, a lot of that story is basically 'man, these girls sure do suck, good thing Nanoha, who is way better than Serena in every way, is here!', even if he intended otherwise.
It's worse because he tries to pretend he isn't doing it. The Senshi are supposedly A-ranks now even though all four of them together struggled to take down even one of Precia's drones (the ones that Chrono and Nanoha cleaved through by the dozens in season 1), and they top out around AAA-rank in potential, which is pathetic for a set of MGs who are supposed to be the avatars of the planets themselves.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2011-11-14, 10:51   Link #34911
Sunder the Gold

To be clear, I did NOT say my complaint was that "White Devil of the Moon" developed a Nanoha/Fate pairing.

My complaint was how Yuuno's response to that was merely to shrug. And how, before that, news that Nanoha had almost killed herself was met with a sigh.

In the first case, Yuuno should have been jealous and depressed. In the second case, he should have been frantic and rushing to help.

Both of these are Yuuno's canonical reactions to Nanoha displaying any possibly-romantic interest in someone else (or someone else displaying the same for her) and for Nanoha being in danger. It's not a matter of shipping.

In the same way, it would be out-of-character if Sayaka was not unhappy with Kyosuke seeing another girl, or was completely unphased by news that he had nearly died.
Old 2011-11-14, 10:53   Link #34912
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Even in the present day, Nanoha uses the Flier Fins. Fate's regular barrier jacket retains a cape (or coat?), and her Sonic Form has the Sonic Sails. Hayate herself has the black seraph wings of Sleipnir.

These are flight aids -- additional spells added to the barrier jacket to improve speeds and manueverability.
Just to make a point. Fate's Sonic Form doesn't include the Sonic Fins anymore whe she's an adult.

Quote:
Don't you mean Yuuno's?

I think he was refering to that spell Signum used after Zest kicked her butt in order to avoid crashing into the pavement by casting three "panzeschids" that worked as a spring/coil bouncing Signum out of danger.

...of course, she was unisoned with Rein at the time so we don't know if the spell belongs to Rein instead of her.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 13:14   Link #34913
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Peek's Mini-Arcs:

Yagami Mid Four Dwell Takamachi Scrya Fatherhood Harlaown Dreams Dance Healing Twins Advice History Onwards Cycle Playdate Forging Meetings

BTF Omakes:

Old Iron Omakes 1, 2, 3 Mr Snuggles Omake Oh Bandit Tree Old Iron Omakes 4, 5

Search Start

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peek - Search 2:

Spoiler for Comments:
I started out angry about what Levi was doing but now I'm just disgusted. She's lost all sense of anything remotely human Quattro's starting to look quite sympathetic by comparison at the moment.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 13:56   Link #34914
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Don't you mean Yuuno's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I think he was refering to that spell Signum used after Zest kicked her butt in order to avoid crashing into the pavement by casting three "panzeschids" that worked as a spring/coil bouncing Signum out of danger.
Yeah, that's the one I was referring to.
Old 2011-11-14, 14:02   Link #34915
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Just to make a point. Fate's Sonic Form doesn't include the Sonic Fins anymore whe she's an adult.
But even a non-flyer like Subaru sprouts wing-like constructs when she wants to enhance her speed.
Old 2011-11-14, 15:08   Link #34916
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
But even a non-flyer like Subaru sprouts wing-like constructs when she wants to enhance her speed.
Bad example: her wings are a feature of the Accelerate Charge System, which is only built into Mach Caliber and Raising Heart.
Old 2011-11-14, 18:16   Link #34917
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
I started out angry about what Levi was doing but now I'm just disgusted. She's lost all sense of anything remotely human Quattro's starting to look quite sympathetic by comparison at the moment.
Levi IS a Mazoku... They're supposed to be monsters in heart... So they say...
*looks at Xellos, Dolphin, Riksfalto and Zelas.*
Although These guys are bidding their time and waiting for the whole universe to stop wanting to live before Ragnarok begins...
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 18:25   Link #34918
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
You mean the one where Luna is an idiot who aggros everything in sight, the Senshi are utterly incompetent and the author switches between anime and manga canons on the basis of which one makes the Senshi and Serenity look worse?
Oh, that one. What I never understands from that fic is how Nanoha seemed pretty calm about killing Jad...Kun...whoever the general was (it's been a while). Now I understand that she might be pretty pissed emotional because of the threat to her family, but even after the fight is over she never seemed to think back and go "wait, I killed someone, didn't I?"

Nanoha is not a character that would be unfazed after taking a life.

Quote:
You may find this to be useful.
So I've read the rest at ff.net. Pretty interesting beginning . Is there a list on what magical girl series will be part of this mega-crossover?
Old 2011-11-14, 20:45   Link #34919
Justin_Brett

I was kind of surprised that outright killed him in the first place. Dude got ran over by a plane and lived to talk about it, not to mention how tired Nanoha was when she fired it.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 21:20   Link #34920
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Whoa, that list o_O, it's mind boggling to think how much effort has been put into this Battle Fantasia.

That being said, collaborating to write a fic is just not my thing though, even though I can see much benefit from it.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha